• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
There probably isn't, but is there a quick spoiler button, kind of like the Link button? It's kind of bothersome to constantly type the code and I feel as if it's been in front of me this whole time.
No, there isn't. For the anyone unsure how to, you can put [ spoiler ] your comment [ / spoiler ] to make a spoiler :)

Not sure if this is the right place to put this, but anyway

I'm getting an error using the Flash attachment uploader (same as this). It uploads 100%, then gives me the error message, so it's possibly some sort of permissions error. I looked around and found this on the Xenforo support forum, maybe it can help the site admin(s) fix the problem. For now switching off the Flash uploader works fine.

Using Firefox 33.1 on Windows 8.1. Flash player is up to date. It is specific to Smashboards though, I've tested on another Xenforo site and it works fine.

edit: it works on Chrome, funnily enough.
Thank you.

@ Warchamp7 Warchamp7 , any idea on what is causing this?

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
How big is the file?

If it's only broken in Firefox, well...

Firefox has been having a few issues lately afaik

Last edited:

JHamron

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0688-6427-7438
Go to your Poll and look for an "Edit" option. It should be in the right hand corner of the poll next to the title. When you go to edit, you can change the question, add another option, and edit the time for your poll. However, if this Edit option does not appear for you, please PM me the link and I can go about editing for you if you wish.
Yeah, it's not there. The link is actually in my signature.

Also, there's something going on that when I collapse a sea of text in a spoiler tag, it creates two spoiler tags, one of them completely empty.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Yeah, it's not there. The link is actually in my signature.

Also, there's something going on that when I collapse a sea of text in a spoiler tag, it creates two spoiler tags, one of them completely empty.
That is a formatting issue and usually do to including other formatting along with spoiler tags. I have seen it happened and dealt with them in my own threads. It takes a while to correct but its not impossible. Are these problems in your thread or just something you have come across?

PM me the details you want changed and I can look into it for you.

JHamron

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0688-6427-7438
That is a formatting issue and usually do to including other formatting along with spoiler tags. I have seen it happened and dealt with them in my own threads. It takes a while to correct but its not impossible. Are these problems in your thread or just something you have come across?

PM me the details you want changed and I can look into it for you.
It's in my thread, and I'll look into it. I'll try to PM you within 24 hours, as I'm a bit busy at the moment.

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
Does the site feature a Signature Picture feature where you upload a single picture and you can use that picture in your signature? I know that you can put pictures in your signature by linking them from a website, but can you upload a picture here to use?

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Another minor nitpick, but the countdown timer for the EU release on the main page is wrong. As of this post (23:20 GMT), it is 6 days, 0 hours and 40 minutes to the EU release, not 5 days, 5 hours and 40 minutes.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Does the site feature a Signature Picture feature where you upload a single picture and you can use that picture in your signature? I know that you can put pictures in your signature by linking them from a website, but can you upload a picture here to use?
No, Smashboards does not utilize a Signature Picture uploader. If you wish to include a picture, you will need to upload a picture from an image hosting site.

Another minor nitpick, but the countdown timer for the EU release on the main page is wrong. As of this post (23:20 GMT), it is 6 days, 0 hours and 40 minutes to the EU release, not 5 days, 5 hours and 40 minutes.
Thank you for this.

@ Warchamp7 Warchamp7

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Is it correct now?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I know that I've seen tables used in posts here, and I think I have a slight understanding, but...

Can a table be made without the "Column #" as the headers, and if so, how do I do it?
You can't eliminate the column #, but you can place your own headers below the first column by making your first row stand out, such as:

Fruits | Vegetables | Animals | Cartoon Characters
Orange | Carrot | Tiger | Garfield
Lime | Lettuce | Frog | Kermit
Blueberry | Eggplant | Peacock | Gonzo
And on the side as well:

Category/Color: | Fruits | Vegetables | Animals | Cartoon Characters Orange | Orange | Carrot | Tiger | Garfield
Green | Lime | Lettuce | Frog | Kermit
Blue | Blueberry | Eggplant | Peacock | Gonzo
Actually, you can.

Just use the following code:
Code:
[table=head][/table]
Look|At|Those|Headers
Blah|Blah|Blah|Blah

The code for the table above is:
Code:
[table=head]Look|At|Those|Headers
Blah|Blah|Blah|Blah[/table]

CostLow

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2509-2293-9367
Actually, you can.

Just use the following code:
Code:
[table=head][/table]
Look|At|Those|Headers
Blah|Blah|Blah|Blah

The code for the table above is:
Code:
[table=head]Look|At|Those|Headers
Blah|Blah|Blah|Blah[/table]
This just totally made my day. Thank you.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Can someone help me find my sig? I have one (a license card), but it never displays under my posts.
I'm seeing it just fine. Two possible explanations I can think of:
1. you have "display signatures" switched off in your account preferences;
2. you're looking at your second or later post on a page. Your signature only appears with your first post on each page of a thread.

Other than that, I'm not sure what the problem might be.

LIVERPOOP

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MartinSkrtel37
3DS FC
0130-1906-5039
hi all. do you have a section for aussie smashers to talk, organise online or offline tourneys? i'm super keen to get competitive with smash 3ds. i'm keen to battle anyone but just mentioning aussies because of our internet, i figure we might drag others down because our net is pretty bad. can anyone point me to aussie smash discussion? cheers! looking forward to posting more and owning some of you with marth..

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
hi all. do you have a section for aussie smashers to talk, organise online or offline tourneys? i'm super keen to get competitive with smash 3ds. i'm keen to battle anyone but just mentioning aussies because of our internet, i figure we might drag others down because our net is pretty bad. can anyone point me to aussie smash discussion? cheers! looking forward to posting more and owning some of you with marth..
Hi, welcome to SWF :)

Try checking the Australia section. You'll be able to meet other Aussie players here, as well as find tournaments close-by.

Dropkick Laser

Smash Apprentice
I'm relatively new to the boards, and something has been bothering me. When I first started my account, I turned off seeing other people's signatures, as they hurt my eyes and made it hard for me to focus. Recently, though, I've began to wonder whether this is a socially appropriate thing to do around here. Help, please?

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I'm relatively new to the boards, and something has been bothering me. When I first started my account, I turned off seeing other people's signatures, as they hurt my eyes and made it hard for me to focus. Recently, though, I've began to wonder whether this is a socially appropriate thing to do around here. Help, please?
There is nothing wrong with turning off signatures. Don't worry. I also turned them off, because of some obnoxious gifs people put in their signatures.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
I haven't seen signatures in a while (only a week on record as I recall, probably longer). There's one premium member signature that always shows, and one regular member's signature that always shows. I don't see others, nor mine. Ever.

Never had this problem.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
What window size do you use to browse the forums. On mobile devices, the signatures are often removed as the forum often removed content the smaller your resolution is. If your browsing window is small, that might be removing larger signatures.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
I haven't seen signatures in a while (only a week on record as I recall, probably longer). There's one premium member signature that always shows, and one regular member's signature that always shows. I don't see others, nor mine. Ever.

Never had this problem.
What browser plugins or add ons do you use?

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
What window size do you use to browse the forums. On mobile devices, the signatures are often removed as the forum often removed content the smaller your resolution is. If your browsing window is small, that might be removing larger signatures.
What browser plugins or add ons do you use?
I figured it out now. Something random happened I never intentionally wanted. Thanks and sorry. Now I remember, I blocked someone's signature which was huge in size, a gif or something that truly looked like Flash. Dragged the page and started freezing and took forever to load which made viewing the forum impossible. Guess I'll have to come across that someday again now.

Last edited:

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Hello, I'm Edel and I'm a member of the smash 3 team. I have a couple of questions involving our project on this webstite. I was directed here by recommendation of a mod after I asked the same question to him.

How can we request a custom banner like PM members and PMDT members have them?

Do have to be qualified for it? If so, what do we have to do to be qualified?

Thanks, Edel(Scout)

Last edited:

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Highly unlikely. Premium is first of all a banner you get for donating to the site, and PMDT is for members of the dev team of the most popular mod, so like a banner for the creators of a texture pack is kind of pushing it. examples of other banners: moderators, admins, back rooms.

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Highly unlikely. Premium is first of all a banner you get for donating to the site, and PMDT is for members of the dev team of the most popular mod, so like a banner for the creators of a texture pack is kind of pushing it. examples of other banners: moderators, admins, back rooms.
I understand. Thanks for the quick answer.

Eisal

Smash Apprentice
Hello o/

I'm browsing Smashboards on an iPhone and I'm wondering if it is possible to view the full website as if it were on the computer instead of the mobile one?

Thanks!

Los4Muros

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Los4Muros
3DS FC
2852-9328-5396
Hi, I'm wishing to change my forum name. It's currently Los4Muros. But I'd like it to be changed to Fr3DS. I made the account years ago, so that's the reason I'm stuck with my old name. Could somebody tell me how to change it? Or could a moderator change it for me?

Gatlin

Hi, I'm wishing to change my forum name. It's currently Los4Muros. But I'd like it to be changed to Fr3DS. I made the account years ago, so that's the reason I'm stuck with my old name. Could somebody tell me how to change it? Or could a moderator change it for me?
Users are granted the ability to change their usernames with the purchase of any amount of Premium Membership. You are granted 2 name changes every 3 months, and may request it from @Virgilijus. It's really the only way, we don't typically change a person's name unless it breaks any rule or is overly offensive.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Silly question, but is the create guide button under the guides section (dur) working at the moment? Because it's not on my current browser, any other browsers I have hate Smashboards for some reason...

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
How do you leave a Social Group? I've seen people leave and come back to this places as members, but I've always assumed that once you accepted the invitation, you would become a permanent member.

I'd like to know, because there are two social groups that I have absolutely no interest in going to anymore.

Gatlin

How do you leave a Social Group? I've seen people leave and come back to this places as members, but I've always assumed that once you accepted the invitation, you would become a permanent member.

I'd like to know, because there are two social groups that I have absolutely no interest in going to anymore.
social forum tools -> leave social forum

STiCKYBULL3TZ

Smash Ace
NNID
STiCKYBULL3TZ
3DS FC
2036-9005-7675
Is there an official crew or clan section of Smashboards? I saw a Group for it but it doesn't look to be very active.

Top Bottom