• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I would love it if there was an option to view the classic version of this site through a mobile device. The mobile version kinda sucks. Any plans of adding this feature? If it already exists please direct me and I apologize. Thanks

:phone:

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I believe you can do it, go to the bottom of the page and change the forum skin. The same way you can view the mobile site on a real computer.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Also if you go to your User CP, under Edit Options the second to last option is a check box that says "Never use mobile style". Try checking that box and seeing if it fixes it.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
If I bought two premiums, and I used 3 of my 4 namechanges, can I still get a namechange after my premium has ran out?

:038:

Captain Cupcake

Smash Rookie
2 on 2

sorry if this is in the wrong thread link, im new

Is there any tournaments that are 2 on 2? i find it hard to navigate this site unless im searching for something that doesnt exist... :urg:

BluePSI

Smash Champion
NNID
BluePSI
If this is in the wrong thread, I apologise.
When are the nominees for the 2011 forum awards being announced? or am I just looking in the wrong place?

Frown

poekmon
sorry if this is in the wrong thread link, im new

Is there any tournaments that are 2 on 2? i find it hard to navigate this site unless im searching for something that doesnt exist... :urg:
As far as I know, tournaments that are only in the 2 vs 2 format are pretty uncommon. On the other hand, you will usually have both 1 vs 1 and 2 vs 2 in middle and large sized tournaments.

So the answer to your question is: Yes, they do exist. If you find a thread dedicated to a tourney you are planning to attend, look it up or just ask if 2 vs 2 will be part of the tournament.

If this is in the wrong thread, I apologise.
When are the nominees for the 2011 forum awards being announced? or am I just looking in the wrong place?
I believe this has been delayed. Have patience. :)

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Yeah, very sorry for the delay. Between APEX and other things going on behind the scenes, I should have the voting booth up by Monday.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
The post number at the top right corner of a post gives you the link to a single post.

Frown

poekmon
How do I create a link to a single post, in a given thread?
If you click the number in the top right of the post you get to a page containing only that post.

Alternatively, if you want to link to a post but you want to display a thread as well, you follow the previous step and copy the highlighted part of the url of that page:

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=########&postcount=####

and then paste that in this link:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=########

That is, copy the red part of the first url and paste it in the green part of the second url.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
How do you add your main beside your avi? I feel stupid for asking this but I haven't been on here in years, I checked the User CP, I searched the forums, I even googled it. It's probably right in front of my face.

hedgehog9597

Smash Rookie
I finally decided on a good gamer tag for me (Latch), and want to change my username to it. I don't have many posts etc. so i would be fine creating a whole new account to do this, but it tells me I can't have more than one account, and I can't delete mine. What do I do?

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
You can go ahead and contact an admin and they should straighten up the situation for you. That's just in place to prevent alt accounts.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I was recently removed from the Livestream Editors Group and Smash Ambassadors, and I also have no access to the new Livestream Forums, and I was directed here as a
place to mention problems with SWF Policy (according to the Forum Rules here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=244887) I have also posted a version of this in Forum Support.

Let me first mention that I have not knowingly misused any livestream privileges, or even been warned of any misuse that could have to do with this elimination of my privileges.

The first thing I did was ask to be reinstated, because the editor link has always been buggy and I figured it had just messed up:
PEEF! said:
Hello Bionic,

The livestream editor link is showing that I don't have the permissions to use it for some reason. I would be thankful if you could fix that please!

Thank you,
PEEF
I received this answer:
Bionic said:
No.

You have been removed from the Ambassadors and Livestream Operators group by JV. He will send a PM soon.

Do not attempt to circumvent this by using another livestream operator's channel again or else.
After a few days, I messaged MLG_JV because I had received no answer. I messaged him a couple more times, here is the latest PM, and it explains my position as well:

PEEF! said:
JV,

I am still looking forward to your response. The staff has told me that you simply asked for me to be removed "on your behalf" without explanation. I hope you would keep in mind that I have not misused any of my permissions, never been warned about such a thing, and have been the driving force behind expansion of the Melee community through livestreams. Every night I check on twitch.tv for smash streamers so I can help them maximize their quality and keep a smooth framerate, and I have done this with dozens.

Again, I do not at all understand why I was removed from these groups. The hint seems to be my criticism of Apex's streaming setup. My comments were all defensible, and I defended them in my thread. Once the issue passed I stopped talking about it, but I felt it was very important to explain the problems that I saw at APEX, and where our decisionmaking went wrong. As a Smash Ambassador it was my duty to bring forth opinions that can usher in positive change, regardless of who likes them.

If for some reason you want to remove me from Smash Ambassadors anyway, I will not complain. After all it is your creation, and if you really think that the sharing of my opinion on an issue is too much, then that is fine. However, the livestream editor link is something that I had worked for months to get started, and promotions of livestreams through smashboards in general has been mostly by my personal initiative. I have not done anything with the link that is wrong, and I have not been warned if anything I did with my stream was wrong.

All I ask is that you reconsider removing me from the livestream editor group, because I have not misused that privilege, and have in fact streamed two of the biggest 3 smash streams of all time using it. I was the primary motivator of the livestream editor link (with Bionic's help coding) and it is particularly unjust that I be removed from it because of what can only be an issue not at all related to livestreaming or my use of the editor position, (or at very least, one that I have never been warned about.)

Thanks in advance for your response,
Spencer
I have still not received any response in over 2 weeks.

If anyone else reading this doesn't understand why this is a big deal, I have dedicated the year of my free time to growing the largest Smash Bros Melee channel (www.twitch.tv/peefsmash), where I have become the first smash streamer to become partnered with twitch.tv. The last two tournaments I streamed were promoted fully and centrally on the front page of twitch.tv that together were viewed by 190,000 unique viewers live which sets the stage for a growth that the Melee community hasn't seen lately. I also work EVERY DAY with streamers who want to improve or grow their stream, and I spend hours each week helping other users tweak their settings so that Melee livestreaming can grow along with the community and along with Smashboards itself. I also started Melee State of the Game, a community show meant to help keep all smashboards users up to date with the latest in Melee news and metagame. I have also dedicated the last several months trying to help smashboards develop more and better livestream support. To be eliminated from the livestream editor group, smash ambassadors, and have no access to the livestream forum without reason after my attempts to build the community through livestreaming is more than a smack in the face.

Finally,perhaps MLG_JV said it best himself when he accepted me into the Smash Ambassadors just over a month ago.

MLG_JV said:
Hey PEEF!,

Congratulations your application has been reviewed and you have been accepted into our inaugural group of ambassadors. The work you have done in the past as well the way you have grown your stream and content centric smash things makes you a natural fit for the program. The hope is we have a group of great individuals that help pave the way for the future of our community.
I would be very appreciative if my position as a Livestream Editor and my access to the Livestream Forum would be restored so I can continue to support other streamers and Smashboards itself (I have referred viewers here hundreds of times, and so have my mods!), and continue to do my best to grow the community through livestreaming.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
If you have a problem with site policy, then you should post your case in Forum Support, rather than the Q&A thread.

But I hope a higher ranking staff member gets back to you regarding this issue. It's not really on my level to fix.

Mahone

Smash Champion
Wow this is really strange.

Bionic's response seemed pretty rude... especially the part where he says "or else".

I watch State of the Game everytime its on and i don't know what kind of beef you guys have but you should put the growth of the game first.

I've never heard peef bash apex on state of the game, just let him keep streaming... ffs

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Guys, this isn't the place for discussion, okay?

Take it to VMs or PMs, please. :)
The User Blog rules say that I cannot discuss SWF Policy in Blogs, but I can discuss it here (the rules [http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=244887] provide a link to this thread for public discussion of SWF policy). There is no other public place to discuss SWF policy.

VMs and PMs have not helped. I tried not to discuss this publicly, but for the last 2 weeks none of my queries or PMs are being answered by the administration.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
VMs and PMs have not helped. I tried not to discuss this publicly, but for the last 2 weeks none of my queries or PMs are being answered by the administration.
You contacted 2 people. Don't suppose you thought to ask maybe someone else in case Bionic's busy? (Which is he is, I should point out)

Regardless, you've posted in forum support, let it work out there.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
You contacted 2 people. Don't suppose you thought to ask maybe someone else in case Bionic's busy? (Which is he is, I should point out)

Regardless, you've posted in forum support, let it work out there.
Well yeah, Bionic told me to ask MLG_JV. He said JV just told him to remove me from the groups without any particular reason, and so I sent those PMs to JV. He made it sound like nobody else was involved so there was nobody else to talk to really.

But thanks for considering the thread in forum support.

BunBun

Smash Master
I will admit that I have no idea about the controversy surrounding whatever happened at APEX, or what may have been said.

However, for the past 10 months (and some work earlier), I have seen the effort that PEEF has put forth and the passion that he has shown for spreading the game. The livestream project of getting our community out back into the mainstream has been his baby. I have talked to many, many people in other fighting game communities who first saw our game again through PEEF's streams, and although they may not like PEEF himself (lol, sorry dude, you're still really bad at commentating), the majority of them have begun to see Smash in a positive light.

That alone is impressive.

I could go on to talk about how much advertising PEEF has done for others streams, or how he has helped them improve the stream quality (our world record stream, for instance), but I don't think it's necessary at this stage.

PEEF deserves an explanation, at the very least. This situation is also something that should be handled publicly, as this is a situation that affects more than the a couple admin and PEEF.

ndayday

BRoomer
Looks like PEEF's done everything he can so far. Staff can be silly sometimes a lot of the time, but just hold on. JV hasn't been online since like 20 days ago. So I mean, that says something.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
It's being discussed in forum support. This is not the place to discuss it.

Seraphiel

Smash Rookie
TO Info

Hello,

Long Time SmashFan but new to this site and brawl.
Is there a thread or forum I am missing to discuss TO ettiquette?
I love gaming and have a strong interest in Event Management and want to know if their are rules to being a Tourney Organizer beyond following the gaming ruleset?

Also, What is the best resource for getting info on Official tournaments both local and international and how one gets involved both as a TO and a participant?

Thank you very much.

Frown

poekmon
Hello,

Long Time SmashFan but new to this site and brawl.
Is there a thread or forum I am missing to discuss TO ettiquette?
I love gaming and have a strong interest in Event Management and want to know if their are rules to being a Tourney Organizer beyond following the gaming ruleset?

Also, What is the best resource for getting info on Official tournaments both local and international and how one gets involved both as a TO and a participant?

Thank you very much.
If you organize a tourney, you're the one who decides how it is pulled off. The SBR ruleset is only a recommendation, not law. Check this thread for a few good tips, though.

As for tournament listings, check this forum. There isn't really anything called an "official" tournament unless you're talking about sponsored events like MLG. I don't know how one can get a chance to organize evens of that magnitude, but I'm sure it starts off with being in touch with the community and knowing the right people.

Powerblade

Smash Rookie
This is important

Why is this forum's thread posting system messing up my ability to post in another foruming website?

Let me explain. I joined this forum before I joined "All is Brawl". I posted a single post here, tried out All is Brawl and tried to post there. The first thing I noticed on the posting screen(Or whatever you guys call it) was that the message area itself had the EXACT same white area with tools as this one did, only everything was white, even the message area. I typed out a long post. Then I decided I wanted to change the title. I did so, and tried to go back to typing out my post. It didn't work, I clicked the message area and it acted like I didn't click on it, I could no longer edit my half-typed message!

By this point, I was confused. I tried out the tools, and nothing worked. It was responsive, but did nothing. I clicked submit, and it brought me back to the posting screen saying that I needed to provide a message. Everything that I typed was deleted, all gone! I was stunned. I tried typing out again, only half as much. I tried copying my message to preserve it, no such luck. I sighed, clicked submit again, same thing happened.

Why didn't I ask for help there? I couldn't. This glitch interfered with my ability to send private messages also. There wasn't an email link that I knew of that I could contact them. And I obviously couldn't report it to the forums. I came here because I know it's linked to this site, the white tools area in the message editor is somehow showing up on AiB and totally messing up my ability to post almost everything there! I really like the site, not that yours is any less cool. I just have more friends on there. I don't know what to do, and I would really appreciate it if a mod contacted me about this. Thank you and goodnight!

ndayday

BRoomer
That's pretty weird.

It may be something to do with your browser though? Try clearing your browser's cache or using another browser and seeing what it does before we have to look deeper into this.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Best I can suggest is find an email address for one of their admins and email them. We're not associated with them, use different forum software and plugins. It's a bit like asking yahoo why msn isn't working. Sorry.

Top Bottom