• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
If you have adblock, you can add this line to your filter:
www.smashboards.com##IMG[src="http://i.imgur.com/hCvUf.gif"]

or what Lythium said but I mean it's Metaknight.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
I hope this is the right place to ask this. I purchased premium memberships yesterday. Did the purchase go through? I'm not sure.

Frown

poekmon
Go to User CP -> Premium Membership. If you have a subscription, there should be a start and an end date there. You can also check if the Disco Room is visible at the bottom of the front page of Smashboards.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
im a moderator on anoter site and was trying to implement a user groups thing like swf has, so i was wondering.What exactly does a senator do/is responsable for?

SirYungsta

Smash Rookie
Don't know if this has been answered yet, but I want to make a new account, but every time I try, after I enter the email and stuff, even if it's a different email, it says "You cannot have multiple accounts on this forum." I've tried deleting cookies and it still won't work!

Frown

poekmon
Don't know if this has been answered yet, but I want to make a new account, but every time I try, after I enter the email and stuff, even if it's a different email, it says "You cannot have multiple accounts on this forum." I've tried deleting cookies and it still won't work!
Having multiple accounts on Smashboards is not allowed. You could try talking to an administrator about having your current account deleted and then make a new one.

SirYungsta

Smash Rookie
Having multiple accounts on Smashboards is not allowed. You could try talking to an administrator about having your current account deleted and then make a new one.
Okay I know you can't, I was gonna just ditch this account cause I don't like the name. Thanks.

Edit:sorry forgot to turn off signature.

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958
I have a question,
How do I get a different thing under my name?(Changing the 'Smash Rookie' thing.) Does it change according to post count or something?

MacNCheese.

Smash Ace
Two questions here.
Where do you guys get all these cool avatars?
Why can't I get a transparent background on my avatar? And make it larger? I heard Premium Members get some avatar enlargement thing..

Also when can I expect my name change?

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Two questions here.
Where do you guys get all these cool avatars?
Why can't I get a transparent background on my avatar? And make it larger? I heard Premium Members get some avatar enlargement thing..

Also when can I expect my name change?
I feel like that's more than two questions... ;)

Anyway, most avatars are ones that people find/make themselves, I imagine. The largest size your avatar can be is 125x125 pixels. If you want a transparent background, make sure you save your image at the proper size and as a gif or png file. If the site has to resize your image, you'll lose your transparency. Premium members do not have larger avatars.

Namechanges can take a while, considering there's only one admin doing them. Please be patient, you will get it eventually.

MacNCheese.

Smash Ace
Thanks.... and I feel like we've met before.. In the DR maybe..?
Even thought I got banned (and waiting for an unban) from there.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
Can I file a complain against a certain user? I feel as if the user _____ is stalking me. Whenever I make posts he quickly comes into the thread and make abusive comments towards me. Is it possibly that I could get something equivalent of a restraining order when he is no longer allowed to respond to my posts, or could he just be infracted heavily if he continues to be so aggressive towards me? Could you please let me know what my options are.

Thank you.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Can I file a complain against a certain user? I feel as if the user _____ is stalking me. Whenever I make posts he quickly comes into the thread and make abusive comments towards me. Is it possibly that I could get something equivalent of a restraining order when he is no longer allowed to respond to my posts, or could he just be infracted heavily if he continues to be so aggressive towards me? Could you please let me know what my options are.

Thank you.
If you have any issues with another user, make a thread in Forum Support and state your case. Also, if you have any evidence of harrassment (VMs, PMs, specific posts, etc.), be sure to include it in your report.

I also edited your post to remove the user's name. No use airing your dirty laundry here where everyone can see it. :)

ndayday

BRoomer
Please remove the trollface emotion from smashboards. It's a terrible, terrible thing and encourages terrible, terrible posts. ;)
I think so too.
It's a damn good thing we have :mistyface: to counter it.

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
Hey site designers/devs: Why can't I log in on any given page?

Before this new skin was release and made the default, users had the ability to log in from just about any page on SWF. Now, one must click the log in text and wait for redirection to the front page. With this and the lack of the "redirecting to last page" mechanic, it is tedious to see something and quickly log in to post. As a TO, I check up on local threads a lot, but I only keep myself signed in when using my desktop.

I know a lot of people overlook this simply because they stay logged in all the time, but is there any chance we could see a return to this simple feature?

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Why did my premium go away too? I still have till a couple of more months when I bought in April that one time premie went back up when it was down

:phone:

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
Pretty sure 75% of posts I see have a phone icon like the one down here at the end of my post.

Why is there not an app for SWF?
Were a forum for competitive smash players. Someone gotta know how to code an app.

Frown

poekmon
Pretty sure 75% of posts I see have a phone icon like the one down here at the end of my post.

Why is there not an app for SWF?
Were a forum for competitive smash players. Someone gotta know how to code an app.

I definitely think someone could make a SWF app, the question is whether it's really necessary. The mobile site site has already been optimized to decrease loading time and make navigation easier, which makes it already run pretty smoothly on phones as it is.

When using the search function, I can't seem to filter by post replies?

I'm searching Melee Gen. Disc., and I just want all threads with <x replies. My search term was 'melee' because it's forced. I put 25, and 100 replies into the at least box, just to see if it was sorting by view count by accident - it wasn't.

edit: I realize I can just sort by view count, but now I actually want to search for a certain term within threads and then sort by view count, which I can't. But, sorting by view count is sufficient for me. In that case,

is the search function broken or am I doing it wrong?

double edit: Actually, the sort by reply function doesn't seem to work either. Help? In forum view, that is.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Hey site designers/devs: Why can't I log in on any given page?
I'll see about pitching this to MMM. I think it was only on the main page because of the lack of places we could actually put the login box in.

When using the search function, I can't seem to filter by post replies? is the search function broken or am I doing it wrong?
I actually have no idea on this one. We don't usually use the forum's own search feature, because of how large the site is... we use something called "Sphinx" that puts all of the posts into one big database for easier, faster searching. It might just be one feature we can't really fix, unfortunately. =/

ndayday

BRoomer
I'd like to request my custom title be put back, it was lost when Premium ended.
it's:

master of poekmon

Thaaaanks.

twinlink

Smash Rookie
hey anybody in the smash bros brawl how do you use the move with mr game and watch, where your opponents behind you and you raise a flag with the number 1 on it and it hits your opponent from behind?

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
hey anybody in the smash bros brawl how do you use the move with mr game and watch, where your opponents behind you and you raise a flag with the number 1 on it and it hits your opponent from behind?
Go to the Brawl character discussion, and check out the G&W forums. Be sure to read the stickies and FAQ first, you can probably find your answers there! :)

I actually have no idea on this one. We don't usually use the forum's own search feature, because of how large the site is... we use something called "Sphinx" that puts all of the posts into one big database for easier, faster searching. It might just be one feature we can't really fix, unfortunately. =/
Alright, thanks.

Any way of sorting anything by reply count though? Heh. Or do forum sorting tools use the same... as the search function? If that makes sense.

Top Bottom