• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

Frown

poekmon
Why, may I ask, is the Premium membership currently not available? Do you have a guesstimate as to when they will be back?
We're having difficulty connecting to PayPal. We might consider using another payment service in the future, but nothing has been decided yet.

Also, and this is purely out of curiosity, is there a thread which lists the reasons for all of the name colors, as well as the icons below the avatar? (for example, yours is green.)
A full guide to name colors can be found on the bottom of this page: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=254708

As for the icons, you can hover the mouse over them to see their title.

Le vieux lapin

Smash Ace
Is there a reason I am not authorized to see the blogs?
Or write one of my own? Every time i try to do either
it says " you are not authorized to access this page."

Frown

poekmon
Moderators were previously able to use HTML, but even then the function was abused so it's now restricted to Administrators only. That thread in particular doesn't seem to have any HTML codes in it. The
tags are available to all members as far as I know.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
It was never abused. We were just preempted by those in charge of the site in case a moderator ever felt like writing malicious HTML code to secretly steal credit card information from Smashboards.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Uhhh, so i was wondering: I've been thinking about trying my luck at a tournament, but i don't know: Where are the tournaments in Australia(assuming there are, i'd think there are...)?

I was looking at the Unity ruleset see, so it made me want to go to one.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Uhhh, so i was wondering: I've been thinking about trying my luck at a tournament, but i don't know: Where are the tournaments in Australia(assuming there are, i'd think there are...)?

I was looking at the Unity ruleset see, so it made me want to go to one.
Check out the Australian Regional Zones. There should be something there that strikes your fancy: http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=252

ExplodingClay

Smash Apprentice
I'm sure this question has been asked before. Either that or this will make me sound like an noob. But anyways, here's my question.

How do I add the pics next to the log on dot?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
It would seem there about 2 threads for Australia, and nowhere near my location(would've thought Sydney was a big enough place) :/
Try asking in those two threads. Quite often there'll be various smashfests/meetups all over the place that get discussed in general state threads.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I think one's for Perth, and the others for something else, nowhere near me. Also be aware that they haven't been responded to in months. Should I still look through them, knowing this?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I think one's for Perth, and the others for something else, nowhere near me. Also be aware that they haven't been responded to in months. Should I still look through them, knowing this?
Definetly. I know the WA one goes through periods of inactivity, and whenever a new poster comes we always greet them and get in contact with them when we do meetups and stuff that might not always be posted on SWF

Pie: Unfortunately I'm not that familiar with the US regions, but I'm sure if you post in which region Hawaii falls under someone'll be able to direct ya to some fellow island-based smashers.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
It's good, i suddenly found a bunch of threads that got responded to recently, and i even found a tournament close to me. Thanks for the help guys! ^^

D

Deleted member

If someone wanted to create an alternate account on Smashboards, how would they go about requesting it / being allowed to use it? I ask because someone over on the Make Your Move website wanted to know, as he apparently has a family member who also uses the forums and doesn't want to share accounts with them. HollowKnight is the user in question if you scroll down this page.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
It's two different people, so it's perfectly fine if the family member makes an account too.

Le vieux lapin

Smash Ace

No one answered me.
A lot of people here don't receive answers.... it's brutal.

BigMilk

Smash Rookie
Is there a thread where I can find others for local/offline matches other than the tournament listings etc? And if so may someone please give me the link to it please?

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Go to User CP > Group Memberships. From there you can apply to be a Smash Researcher. Requests will have to approved by the person in charge of the group.

I've been running into an issue with many links to various posts or threads in threads that were built as guides. the webpages will load and contain the proper url that was linked, yet all I see is the apparent sub-forum the thread belonged too I assume. So, the thread/posts are not displayed at all.

For example, from the Melee Discussion sub-forum, one of the sticky'd threads has many of these.

http://www.smashboards.com/?t=57155
http://www.smashboards.com/?p=3424953&posted=1#post3424953
http://www.smashboards.com/?t=49172
http://www.smashboards.com/?t=59214&page=1&pp=15
http://www.smashboards.com/?t=66317
http://www.smashboards.com/?t=49443

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer

No one answered me.
A lot of people here don't receive answers.... it's brutal.
Can you give a step-by-step of how you're trying to write one? There's the right way, and there's the way that looks right but doens't work.

Le vieux lapin

Smash Ace
Any link I click on that says write a blog, whether it is on my homepage
or user CP, takes me to a page that says: "Access denied
You are not authorized to access this page. "

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
How do you copy links over from one (smashboards) page to another(smashboards page) again? Also want to know if it can be done from a post in a normal thread to a post in a social group.

Jonkku

Lacks pick-up lines.
What's up with the header in Classic Blue?

The logo picture seems to have disappeared.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Yeah, that desperately needs to be updated.
Marquee is a mod one I believe? I haven't seen it used in a while though

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
we used to do marquee via html though not bbcode

lemme check

[marquee]stuff[/marquee]

oh man i have new tricks

Top Bottom