• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

Suspect

Smash Hero
Is killjoy busy or something? IIRC I have seen her somewhat active lately, I have sent 2 pms within about 2 weeks asking to premium prank myself.

Is there anyone else i can ask?

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
I've asked someone to prank me just a couple of days ago and it went in the next day. I'd assumed you only needed to PM Queen Killjoy. I don't see your premium icon on.

Suspect

Smash Hero
I have pm'd her twice, my premium icon was on at the time and im still a member, I just took it off today.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Queen Killjoy is in charge of all the premium pranks and namechanges.

She might be busy though or your PM might have been lost in the shuffle, so give her another day or two, at least. :ohwell:

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
You have to have a certain post count to leave VMs

Edit: however I jus saw your post count and that wouldn't make any sense in your case. Perhaps the person you are trying to VM has their VM wall off

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Yeah actually it is. I'm so tired @_@. And so bored at orientation
Then go rest >_>
LOL Double Post FTW. do you think it has something to do with my join date?
No, join dates don't and shouldn't affect VMs. It's probably what Jungle said, they probably have their VM wall option off.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
I know that lots of people come to the smash arena to chat not brawl, so instead of commanding people to follow the rules, wouldn't it be simpler to just have a GD for them?

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
I can't rest. I have to sit through these stupid presentations.

Chico try VMing my wall just to be sure.

@dark horse: that is something to consider.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
I know that lots of people come to the smash arena to chat not brawl, so instead of commanding people to follow the rules, wouldn't it be simpler to just have a GD for them?
To be honest, I thought about denouncing Mic's statement on the Arena and allowing the Arena to be a social place again. I'm just thinking it through or GD might work.
I can't rest. I have to sit through these stupid presentations.
Tsk Tsk Tsk

Learn to call in sick or something.

Chico113

Smash Apprentice
well if you look at my avatar you can see that i can't find a place to post. i can only post on my own VM.

Chico113

Smash Apprentice
@DarkHorse lol your comment got deleted

but seriously how long do i have to wait?

also is there an off topic discussion thread?

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I think the join date IS affecting him.
I'm sure it is.
I just got back into SWF in December, so i wasn't here for a while...
I came back with 0 posts, and i was able to leave VMs.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
As it was said, simply purchase Premium Membership on that account, and send a Private Message to Queen Killjoy asking for that change. Be sure to check and see if the name isn't already taken.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
Is killjoy busy or something? IIRC I have seen her somewhat active lately, I have sent 2 pms within about 2 weeks asking to premium prank myself.

Is there anyone else i can ask?
Uhh...I got one PM from you on the 22nd. The second one must have been eaten by the site. You can always ask JV.

Edit: yeah I don't have another one, I went back to like 6/28

Although since I'm extremely tired of getting **** for not doing things IMMEDIATELY, I feel this needs to be said for everyone who constantly complains that "I take too long" doing requests [and this is for a collective "you", I'm not talking directly to Suspect]:

I have two jobs and I'm not allowed to change names during peak hours since it makes it 502.... it's also been recommended not to do it if there's only one change because it's not worth taking the site down. If I do it anyway, the site goes down while everyone's on it and it's not up for 20 or so minutes...or longer :urg:, which inconveniences everyone. I choose the lesser evil...that being taken into account--
This means I'm only around at the right time maybe once a week. Once.
[This is why pranks do not get reversed quickly, although I still give people their pranks because the 30 days is up.]

If it takes longer than a week and I haven't posted on my profile that I'm on vacation or something else preventing me from doing premium, I can understand complaining, but I'm pretty tired of catching crap from a large portion of premium members that don't seem to understand that I don't live on this site.

I take into account the expiry date if someone wants to prank or namechange right before their premium expires. If you sent the message before it ended, regardless of when I can get to it, your request will be done.
If waiting a couple days seriously bothers you that much, I suggest you see a therapist.

Today is my only day off from this week that falls in line with it not being peak hours. I'm sorry you had to wait a couple days to get your request done, but I'd rather make you wait than make hundreds of people lose access to the site for god knows how long because it's peak hours. I can't help that it takes the site down, I can't fix it, and I have no idea WHEN it will be fixed.

If you take issue with that, PM JV and see if you get a quicker response.
It's not really something any other admin can do efficiently - I keep a manual log of every single change I make, how long it lasts, and what their name change history is so I can find them again. It's all on my computer and it is a giant pain in the *** to do.
All I'm asking here is some patience.

Suspect

Smash Hero
I didn't mind a few days cause I knew you get busy sometimes, but once it got to weeks I figured there had to be another person I could ask. Sorry for sounding impatient, i wasn't trying to come off that way.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
That's fine. Yours didn't go through because I didn't actually get your first PM. That's been happening a lot with the 502s. If you want to make sure I got your PM, request a read receipt.

edit:
wtf is wrong with the site now
where did my quick reply go

and that took 10 minutes to post....time to log off.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Ok, so what's the cause of the 502s? I'm curious as to why we gotta get off the site for so many minutes at a time. What are you updating?

And is there a button to mark all threads as read in a forum?

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
Ok, so what's the cause of the 502s? I'm curious as to why we gotta get off the site for so many minutes at a time. What are you updating?

And is there a button to mark all threads as read in a forum?
Since I actually asked the question to an admin (hand on the Bible 128! ;)), I'll post the answer here.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=281819

Also, there is a link near the bottom of the page that says "Mark Forums read" (the home page.)

EDIT: Probably better that you just click on the link as opposed to clicking this one.

Vyzor

Smash Journeyman
umm, i have a question. Even when I check the "Show your signature" box, how come my sig doesnt show sometimes anyways? Crashboards is glitchy.

Top Bottom