• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Every time i click "Mark all forums Read", i get a V Bulletin :l

Wat?

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Well, i get a vBulletin message reading:

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was invalid.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
It's a forum bug, on the list of things to get fixed.

Ok, so what's the cause of the 502s? I'm curious as to why we gotta get off the site for so many minutes at a time. What are you updating?
It's just that basically when QK changes people's usernames the forum doesn't like it and spazzes out. Something to do with a lot of process power being taken up scouring the forums for every post and manually changing the name on every post, edit, ect or something along those lines.

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
@Lucas: The "Quick Links" method doesn't work. Click here instead (although for some reason, it doesn't work when you're using the Revolution skin)

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
@Lucas: The "Quick Links" method doesn't work. Click here instead (although for some reason, it doesn't work when you're using the Revolution skin)

That's what i did :l
Mic already pointed out it was a bug, hope that gets straightened out.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
I stumbled upon a SWF page where it shows all the moderators and where they moderate. Can't seem to find it again.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
That'd be ridiculous. I mean, everybody would be putting music that no one else likes in EVERY SINGLE THREAD

I'd prefer it if it stayed as a mod power only

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Mods are normally people who have shown themselves to be mature enough to infract people and moderate boards, so they are able to use it sparingly. Do you think others would use it responsibly?

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Than I guess I'm not considered mature enough. However, i'm pretty sure there are some people who are mature enough, but don't get recognition.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
What? Being mature is not the only precursor to becoming a moderator. There are lots of other dimensions, I was just using that example to illustrate that they can handle extra responsibilities.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Odd, usually when I go to places with mods, the moderators are the mature and well-respected people. Is there more?

Frown

poekmon
Dark Horse, there is a very simple reason why you can't embed HTML. The administrators have the power to either 1. Grant everyone in a certain user group HTML powers or 2. Grant nobody in a certain user group HTML powers. Basically, they'd have to give it to everyone which wouldn't end well at all. Also they can't limit it to "this and that kind of code".

Chico113

Smash Apprentice
why did i get an infraction for this?

Global Rules[/URL].

Original Post:
[post]10860255[/post]

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iqcVf4Da23Q&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?rel=0&amp;border =1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iqcVf4Da23Q&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?rel=0&amp;border =1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>
weird looking pokemons
If you have a question about this infraction, please contact the moderator who issued it. If that does not resolve the issue, visit Forum Support.

Remember that, unless specified otherwise, all infractions expire.

All the best,
the Smash World Forums staff

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
The problem was that you didn't really contribute much with that post

All you did was quote Chill's html code and comment on how funny it was... that's pretty much it

Chico113

Smash Apprentice
okay i got a stupid question. what is with the hypocrite mods that tells people not to censor dodge and yet people are still doing it. i was able to bypass this website's censoring and got a warning for it.(was my 2 day here) i caught the person who gave me the infraction for censor dodging doing it himself. "fawk." different spelling but same Pronunciation. that is same as censor dodging,right? i don't get it.

i still see many people getting away with that but when i did it, i got a warning, please describe which censor dodging is allowed.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
okay i got a stupid question. what is with the hypocrite mods that tells people not to censor dodge and yet people are still doing it. i was able to bypass this website's censoring and got a warning for it.(was my 2 day here) i caught the person who gave me the infraction for censor dodging doing it himself. "fawk." different spelling but same Pronunciation. that is same as censor dodging,right? i don't get it.

i still see many people getting away with that but when i did it, i got a warning, please describe which censor dodging is allowed.
That is censor dodging and no one should be doing it.

Note that you only got a warning, not an infraction. No action at all was taken against your account because the moderator knew you were new to the board.

If you see someone censor dodging then report the post, we will see it. If you have any issues with a moderator then you can make a topic in Forum Support and we will address it appropriately.

-_skinny_-

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3668-9841-7290
and for the question i actually want answered, i was on a different smash site n when i got to play ppl online there was a window for live chat, i was wondering, why doesn't SWF have that? it seems to be great because you cant always hit "refresh" between every match :)

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
All of your post are belong to MLG.

Edit: this place is buzzing with activity.

@skinny

There is one. Go to the "chat" link at the top of the page.

Chico113

Smash Apprentice
and for the question i actually want answered, i was on a different smash site n when i got to play ppl online there was a window for live chat, i was wondering, why doesn't SWF have that? it seems to be great because you cant always hit "refresh" between every match :)

this site should also give you an notification everytime someone quotes you.

Top Bottom