• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Is there a rule on Smashboards against discussing eighth generation consoles? I took the topic to the Light House and the Pool Room and had it closed quickly and without explanation both times.

EDIT: I got an answer to why they were closed. Incidently, the codename of the Microsoft next generation project is "Phoenix" apparently.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Are we able to delete the social groups we've made ourselves?

: O
I think you can, but only if the group is empty.
I have never in my life seen such awful looking smilies on a bulletin board. Are you admins proud of yourselves? These look awful, ****ing unshaded poorly formed MS Paint failures. For the love of sight, hold a contest or something.

I'm not kidding you, I have never seen worse.

Ever.

They're terrible.
Too bad. Honestly. They're the same ones we've used for years and we have no intention of changing them just for the sake of glossing them up, or whatever. (And no, I don't think any of the admins personally made them.)

Hypothetically, if I were to try and publish a SWF book (You know, filled with SWF threads and quotes), who would I contact for the rights to it? And would I have to ask members to publish their posts?
You need to contact whoever originally wrote whatever it is you want to publish.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Are you guys gonna ever implement [yt][/yt] (youtube) tags for the boards? Or are you considering it? Because it seems that it would be a really good addition to the boards since people are constantly showing videos about Smash.
Might as well remind you of this one :bee:
Thanks in advance.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I still don't understand. Elaborate. Stop using the word "get". It doesn't seem to apply here.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
What would be the URL that links to the last post in a thread?

In the meantime this hopefully gets answered, I'm going to experiment here:

Let's see...
This: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=64734

Should take you to the last post, aka, this post...

What if...

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost

Nope.

What if after the "newpost&t" I put the "thread number"?

I have a feeling this might work:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=208203

And viola! I have found my own answer. Thank you myself.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
If you don't bold your question, I'll probably miss it.
With premium membership gone, is it possible for us joe smoes to make poll threads? I host tournaments obviously, and it would be great if I could make a poll thread to see the general interest for each of the individual smash games so I can decide which to include etc, among other things. Thanks in advance!
Maybe.

Are you guys gonna ever implement [yt][/yt] (youtube) tags for the boards? Or are you considering it? Because it seems that it would be a really good addition to the boards since people are constantly showing videos about Smash.
Probably not. What's wrong with just giving a link? Embedding a bunch of YouTube videos is going to slow down page loading, the way I see it.

Do Premium members pay for the monthly fee?

That's my questions. Please answer it.
Premium membership is no longer available, so your question is moot.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
Premium features that go with the membership are unavailable.

Read above for Kiki's statement about polls.

crewster

Smash Lord
They have SBR-Brawl. SBR-melee should be next. And they should also have a SBR-Online. That isn't considered highly and apparently it is (pretty much) a different game. So are you considering it, or will you now that I've sergested it?

flaco

The Terminator
yo I got a problem
I keep getting these error when I try to search and edit my post

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

why

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
so, logging out of smashboards takes forever. If you click log out, it says cookies are clear, and you click log out again and it's the same thing. etc. etc etc.....etc

So, help with that I guess. xP

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
Clear your cookies in Internet explorer and it should fix it. Does that to me whenever I randomly decide to log out once a year. :p

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I cant seem to find out how many infractions I have. I also can't look at things on profiles like "signature".

Does anyone know how to fix that?

-:bowser:Bowser King

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
@ bk: Just do what I do and have your infractions tattooed onto your arm.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Infractions are in your profile, under the infractions tab. >_>

Members can only view their own infractions. Bowser King, you don't have any infractions... which is probably why you can't see them.

M.K

Level 55
I have a quick question,
Can moderators move my thread if they have not consulted me first?
I had a 1,500+ post thread in the Poke Center that got moved to Forum Games without any notification. This caused a bunch of confusion, since the posts that we had accumulated in the thread had disappeared from our post count.
:dizzy:

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
^^This

I was wondering why my post count dropped from 2,485 to 2,333. I asked Mcfox and he said he didn't know.

@ Xsyven

My user profile looks like this..

There isn't any tabs =/

Niiro

Smash Ace
I have a quick question,
Can moderators move my thread if they have not consulted me first?
I had a 1,500+ post thread in the Poke Center that got moved to Forum Games without any notification. This caused a bunch of confusion, since the posts that we had accumulated in the thread had disappeared from our post count.
:dizzy:
I am no mod, so this might or might not be true, but since Forum Games do not give you posts, the ones you acquired since then have been subtracted.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
^^This

I was wondering why my post count dropped from 2,485 to 2,333. I asked Mcfox and he said he didn't know.

@ Xsyven

My user profile looks like this..

There isn't any tabs =/

This is what it looks like for me. >_>

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
We had a problem with someone not having tabs recently in the Staffer Shack. I believe it ended up they didn't have the social aspect of the site enabled, so they weren't seeing tabs. Check your user profile to make sure all social settings are enabled.

And Xsyven is so using [ugly] Revolution. That yellow is unforgettable.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
So tempted to give him a sig infraction right there. Using your signature when really all you made was a one line post... Your post is only large because you quoted someone. It's borderline. SOMEONE MAKE THE CALL.

Top Bottom