• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
Senators are basically admins and the senate is a place where they discuss/debate changes to the site before bringing it to the mods. [If it needs to go that far.]

Overload

Smash Lord
I honestly don't know if anything I'm about to say is true, or even makes sense.
Like many of you I had the words "Overload's avatar" in place of my custom avatar. After a little while I decided to use a standard one. I probably used it for two weeks or a little longer and just today I tried custom avatar again because Meta-Kirby made me a sick sprite. It worked. My crackpot theory is if you switch to a standard one for a little while you will be able to use a custom one again. Heck maybe you only have to switch for a few seconds. Just give it a try and let me know if I'm crazy or not.

JLynn943

Smash Ace
I honestly don't know if anything I'm about to say is true, or even makes sense.
Like many of you I had the words "Overload's avatar" in place of my custom avatar. After a little while I decided to use a standard one. I probably used it for two weeks or a little longer and just today I tried custom avatar again because Meta-Kirby made me a sick sprite. It worked. My crackpot theory is if you switch to a standard one for a little while you will be able to use a custom one again. Heck maybe you only have to switch for a few seconds. Just give it a try and let me know if I'm crazy or not.
I can't see your avatar...

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
Yeah, I couldn't, either.

It was a thought though :/

One of these days they'll get fixed.

Probably when we know what exactly is messing them up.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
*gasp*

Is my avatar visible...?

And I was wondering if I could make a thread discussing the SWF in general? Or would that be... not enjoyed by the moderation community?

Sporkman

Smash Ace
Your avatar is visible after choosing it. Don't know what makes it stop working, but if you really want just resubmit your avatar each time you notice it is showing.

Guilhe

Smash Ace
I’ve tried to search for the “time to throw down” thread using the search function, but all I get is a black screen. Is the search function disabled?

Mr.Bazerkus

Smash Journeyman
Question about the grimers or green names.

Are they mods in disguise it appears to me that they have many of the same powers as the moderators. Such as closing post, stickying post, posting in a already closed thread, and banning users.

So can they do anything the mods can do.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Question about the grimers or green names.

Are they mods in disguise it appears to me that they have many of the same powers as the moderators. Such as closing post, stickying post, posting in a already closed thread, and banning users.

So can they do anything the mods can do.
No.

Some moderators, such as Azua, just choose for their names to be displayed in green.

Mr.Bazerkus

Smash Journeyman
As long as your online.

What ever happened to the Motivate me contest it never ended. It just kind of stopped no body ever said who was the winner. What happen did the judges get lazy or something

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer

What happen

old internet humor aside,

I don't really know if we CAN judge the contest, considering a lot of them are total ripoffs and there's no real way to tell whether the person actually made it or just hosted it on their photobucket.
Although I don't really know, I wasn't part of that thread until the end.

and to answer your other question, I stealth mod. It makes me feel more like a ninja. :D

Guilhe, as far as I know the search function isn't disabled. It could have just been bad timing or just bad luck lol.
If it keeps doing it I'll see what I can do.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Am i allowed to lock threads and if so how?
Only mods are allowed to lock threads. If you wish for a thread to be locked, use the report post button-- it's the triangle with the exclamation mark located under your avatar.

The mods of that room will review the report, and see if the thread is worth closing.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
They are hidden by default, there's some option to view them.

Also: What happened to those tags you could add to threads? It was a quite funny feature :p

Mr.Bazerkus

Smash Journeyman
Suggestion

This forum needs the option to save drafts which would make things alot easier. Instead of having to go all out you could go part by part.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I have a question regarding the Calender. Where it asks to copy and paste the link to the tournament thread, it cuts half the link off. For example, if I were to copy and paste
"http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=185671"
it would appear like this:
"http://www.smashboards.co"

This wasn't a problem before.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
I got a quick question regarding custom titles?

I know you can earn one by placing in a contest like WWYP, but is there any other way to earn one...?

Thanks in advance!

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I got a quick question regarding custom titles?

I know you can earn one by placing in a contest like WWYP, but is there any other way to earn one...?

Thanks in advance!
As of now? No. In the future? Most likely. When? No idea.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Global rule number 7. Special Topic Rules: Topics concerning individual members of Smash World will be closed.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
I have a question regarding the Calender. Where it asks to copy and paste the link to the tournament thread, it cuts half the link off. For example, if I were to copy and paste
"http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=185671"
it would appear like this:
"http://www.smashboards.co"

This wasn't a problem before.
I think this should be fixed now.

Also: What happened to those tags you could add to threads? It was a quite funny feature :p
It was ridiculously abused and ultimately unhelpful, so we removed it.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
what does I plead the 5th means actually?
It means that you refuse to answer on the grounds of it forcing you to incriminate yourself in a matter not being asked or investigated

so if you're asked "What were you doing friday night" in a murder trial, but on friday night you were robbing a bank, you could "plead the fifth", because anything else is either getting you into jail or lying and therefore illegal.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
For some reason, I'm no longer receiving e-mail notifications of suscribed threads (even though I have it set as such). It has been like this for a few weeks now, and when I send messages to mods asking why, they don't respond.

PLZ help!

flaco

The Terminator
hey guys what happened to the birthday thing is not at the end of the forums?
Also my birthday is today am turning 20

Guilhe

Smash Ace
hey guys what happened to the birthday thing is not at the end of the forums?
Also my birthday is today am turning 20
Congratulations!

How about a button at the thread tools index for sticky solicitations? It would work just like the report button; users would have to write a justification.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I think this should be fixed now.
Thanks KK.

Even though it's really old, I really like the fact that we all have profile walls. It's really brought our community together, and it's a great way to meet new people. Just wanted to say =P

Anyways, is there some way to view your online friends? It's awkward to search through all your friends, offline and on, and it's hard to disguish at first glance, who's online when the only indication is a "+"at the end of their name. (When viewing the homepage). Just wonderin' :3

Top Bottom