• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
A lot of why that was happening is that it appeared you were formatting lines of text in small groups instead of large blocks and it was jumbling up the bbcode.

Your post had something like this for example:

[color=#E25041][spoiler=example][b]This is an example
This is a second example[/color][/b]
[color=#E25041][b]This is the last example[/color][/b]
[color=#E25041][img]image 1[/img][/spoiler][/color]

In the above example, every line had bbcode for the same color. You also had it set up where the spoiler bbcode and images were colored even though spoiler tags and images don't change colors. Here is the result of the above code:

This is an example
This is a second example
This is the last example

So what I did was simplify everything you had done. So in the above example I would have simplified it to this:

[spoiler]
[color=#E25041][b]This is an example
This is a second example
This is the last example[/b][/color]
[img]Image1[/img]
[/spoiler]

Which results in this:

This is an example
This is a second example
This is the last example

I've been messing with the bb editor for it now, it's somewhat working but it's still a massive hassle and I don't have a good understanding of how it functions still but for this it doesn't usually have the color codes this time, it's more so center codes with spoiler codes issues.

Last edited:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I've been messing with the bb editor for it now, it's somewhat working but it's still a massive hassle and I don't have a good understanding of how it functions still but for this it doesn't usually have the color codes this time, it's more so center codes with spoiler codes issues.
If you want to link me, I can try to help.

D

Deleted member

I have uBlock Origin installed on FireFox. I have it disabled for SmashBoards, but I still get the ad block notification on every page. Am I missing something?

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Hi everyone, i'm recently new here and i was curious, just for fun, in how the title under our nickname progresses. I've seen Smash ace, cadet, journeyman, etc. Is it based on how many points and likes we get or something? is there a chart to see how much you gotta reach for each title? I keep trying to find the answer myself browsing the forums, but i keep finding other stuff like tournament points, which has nothing to do with it, lol.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Hi everyone, i'm recently new here and i was curious, just for fun, in how the title under our nickname progresses. I've seen Smash ace, cadet, journeyman, etc. Is it based on how many points and likes we get or something? is there a chart to see how much you gotta reach for each title? I keep trying to find the answer myself browsing the forums, but i keep finding other stuff like tournament points, which has nothing to do with it, lol.
It's based on your post count; see this thread for the exact numbers.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
It's this thread https://smashboards.com/threads/moo...iry-type-gardevoir-for-smash-ultimate.446369/
Whenever I go back to updating it, the spoilers stop being aligned to the center if I update it (as some of the content of the spoilers are supposed to be to the left), not to mention I am unsure how to make space between some of the codes without ending up making unwanted space in the post itself.
I’ll probably get to this tomorrow afternoon. Home sick from work today.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
Fixed. Let me know if you have any other problems.
Well it's not all like how I intended, most notably the content of the spoilers are supposed to be alligned to the left, but the thing I really was looking for was just a good reference guide of some sort so I can manage the spoiler code better. I plan to update it here and there so it's more of a matter of me wanting better knowledge on managing it.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Well it's not all like how I intended, most notably the content of the spoilers are supposed to be alligned to the left, but the thing I really was looking for was just a good reference guide of some sort so I can manage the spoiler code better. I plan to update it here and there so it's more of a matter of me wanting better knowledge on managing it.
Best advice I can give is just to look at the bbcode editor and practice.

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
Best advice I can give is just to look at the bbcode editor and practice.
Well I've been doing that but I still keep running into issues.
I meant if there's something explaining how to use the dash board code system (Don't know what it's called) that Smashboards uses so I can get a better idea on what I am doing wrong.

Also some other issue I've been facing on the site I just faced again, not sure if it's my PC being buggy with the site or not but, sometimes when I use the dash board it decides to enter a mode I don't know the name of so I've just provided a picture to get a better understanding of what I mean.
bug.png
I cannot exit the overwriter (The blue line, for a lack of a better term) which just overwrites my other text unless I exit the whole thread by closing the tab, and return.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Does SmashBoards usually have issues loading images? I've noticed a lot of signature pics as well as pics on some of my threads not showing up recently (they were fine in the past).

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Imgur had an outage yesterday, so I think the site cached broken images. It should resolve itself over time

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
Hello. I recently joined a couple of weeks ago and I've been participating in Rate Their Chances. I just have a quick question. What are Nominations and what do they do/stand for?

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Hello. I recently joined a couple of weeks ago and I've been participating in Rate Their Chances. I just have a quick question. What are Nominations and what do they do/stand for?
How to Play
Each day there will be a focus on a specific character or concept for smash switch. We shall rate these characters both on how likely we view them and how much we desire them from 0-100%. When posting, you also can nominate characters to rate. Each poster is given five nominations per day. The list of nominations will be found in a post below. You also can potentially predict the chance score for the character that will be predicted next, which the closest guess will get an extra 5 noms. An exact guess will get 10 extra noms.

TheKnight

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3539-9322-9633
Switch FC
SW-2614-3733-6607
EDIT: Question null. I resolved my own issue.

Last edited:

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I've set a hex color for my custom post text color (it's this color, #41A85F), but it doesn't seem to take effect. Is this function working properly?

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Strange. I've tried it with and without quotes, and I can't get it to work; it just shows up in the default color. Oh well, it's not that big a deal, I can just pick the color from the drop-down menu!

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Strange. I've tried it with and without quotes, and I can't get it to work; it just shows up in the default color. Oh well, it's not that big a deal, I can just pick the color from the drop-down menu!
Not sure why you don't see it. It is definitely showing on my end.
Capture.PNG

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
That's me manually setting it while posting. I'm talking about the option in the Preferences menu. I've tried to set it to automatically post in this color, but when I start typing, it's still in the default color.
Ohhhhhh.

It doesn't show up until you actually post. You will not see it in the post box while you are typing.

Sorry for the confusion.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Ohhhhhh.

It doesn't show up until you actually post.

Sorry for the confusion.
Then apologies for the dumb question! :laugh: My fault, not yours!

EDIT: It doesn't show up when you preview it either, which is what was throwing me off.

Last edited:

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
I don't know if this is the right place to post this. I really didn't see any suited sub forum. This just happens to be the only one that seems to be a somewhat good place for this type of question. I'm sorry if I got it wrong. I have some technical questions related to signatures on these forums. In case it's important, I am utilizing windows 10.

When signatures have a lot of stuff in them, they often get cut off at a certain point. Part of my signature is reference for myself when I am making forum posts, and if I were to add anything more to the spoiler section, it would get cut off at the bottom. It also sometimes cuts off images, so the whole thing isn't visible. Exhibit A. How do I expand them so I can see the whole thing on the thread? I have not found any way yet to do this.

Also, as I was making this, I noticed my signature isn't showing up on some posts, but is showing on others. Exhibit B, and Exhibit C. I have two questions with this one. Why is this happening? Is there a way to prevent it?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I don't know if this is the right place to post this. I really didn't see any suited sub forum. This just happens to be the only one that seems to be a somewhat good place for this type of question. I'm sorry if I got it wrong. I have some technical questions related to signatures on these forums. In case it's important, I am utilizing windows 10.

When signatures have a lot of stuff in them, they often get cut off at a certain point. Part of my signature is reference for myself when I am making forum posts, and if I were to add anything more to the spoiler section, it would get cut off at the bottom. It also sometimes cuts off images, so the whole thing isn't visible. Exhibit A. How do I expand them so I can see the whole thing on the thread? I have not found any way yet to do this.

Also, as I was making this, I noticed my signature isn't showing up on some posts, but is showing on others. Exhibit B, and Exhibit C. I have two questions with this one. Why is this happening? Is there a way to prevent it?
Signatures are limited to 160px in height. Premium increases this limit to 300px.

Your signature also only shows up on the first post you make on each page of a thread.

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
Signatures are limited to 160px in height. Premium increases this limit to 300px.

Your signature also only shows up on the first post you make on each page of a thread.
So I can’t expand a signature at will? It kind of defeats the purpose of there being one.

Last edited:

Ctoan

Smash Apprentice
I don't really know where to ask this so I apologize. Is my pfp too edgy?

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
When can we expect Isabelle's stock icon to be added into the SmashBoards database? It can be found on the official site if you sort by series:

Top Bottom