• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

McCree

Smash Cadet
Give me the imgur bbcode and I'll see if I can do it for you.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/s9Xu7Xh"><a href="//imgur.com/s9Xu7Xh"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

is this the BBCode? Sorry, I don't know anything at all about bulletin lol.

the link alone would be this: https://imgur.com/a/s9Xu7Xh

Thanks a ton!

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/s9Xu7Xh"><a href="//imgur.com/s9Xu7Xh"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

is this the BBCode? Sorry, I don't know anything at all about bulletin lol.

the link alone would be this: https://imgur.com/a/s9Xu7Xh

Thanks a ton!
Done.

Young Link.

Smash Apprentice
Last edited:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Hello, I'm getting this message "Something went wrong. Please try again or contact an administrator." when I try to upload a image. I want to put a image direct on my post, not a link. How can I do this?

The link I want upload is: https://imgur.com/a/rV3lm1S

It's weird but here in this thread I can put a image easily, but in my thread here (https://smashboards.com/threads/so-doesnt-ken-have-the-fire-hadoken-seriously.465299/#post-22830672) I cannot put the image. Any help?

View attachment 182870
Which post in particular?

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
What is the max height/width of signatures in pixels for non premium members?

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Hello, I'm getting this message "Something went wrong. Please try again or contact an administrator." when I try to upload a image. I want to put a image direct on my post, not a link. How can I do this?

The link I want upload is: https://imgur.com/a/rV3lm1S

It's weird but here in this thread I can put a image easily, but in my thread here (https://smashboards.com/threads/so-doesnt-ken-have-the-fire-hadoken-seriously.465299/#post-22830672) I cannot put the image. Any help?

View attachment 182870
Not sure why it wouldn't work, but I used the image address from where you posted it above and it works now.

What is the max height/width of signatures in pixels for non premium members?
160px.

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
Edit. Asking a reworded question.

I bought Premium recently, but I have always had a problem with recurring transactions. If I want to cancel the recurring transaction on PayPal for premium, do I keep it for the next six months of which I bought it for or is it lost immediately? I would rather make another purchase manually when it expires.

Last edited:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Edit. Asking a reworded question.

I bought Premium recently, but I have always had a problem with recurring transactions. If I want to cancel the recurring transaction on PayPal for premium, do I keep it for the next six months of which I bought it for or is it lost immediately? I would rather make another purchase manually when it expires.
You will not lose it if you cancel the recurring payment.

I’d like to publish an awareness post for a semi-comp clan I am a part of, however the global rules states that advertising is prohibited. How would I be able to recruit new members to the squad then?

Nyubi

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-2778-3020-7519
I heard there is a discord server for that forum, where can I find that ? I also look for an general Chat to talk with people or is that not a thing here ?

Looking forward for some help :secretkpop:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I heard there is a discord server for that forum, where can I find that ? I also look for an general Chat to talk with people or is that not a thing here ?

Looking forward for some help :secretkpop:
The Nintenzone social is a general “chat” you could say.

SorrowOfAcheron

Smash Journeyman
What causes pictures to be crossed out after a while? Like my sig has been fine but after some time it becomes the blue-rectangle-red-cross thing.
I thought it might be the source of the pic but it doesn't fix even if I re-upload the image and use a new link.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
What are the rules regarding the sharing of videos, fanart and stuff in the site? Say there isn't an art thread in the Inkling forum (example), should I make one to share a picture (fanart) or is it okay to post it in the social?

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
Will there ever be alternate stock icons in the emotes section? To name some examples:

- The alternate gender options for :ultrobin:, :ultwiifittrainer:, and others.
- The alternate game palettes for :ultbayonetta:, :ultike:, and others.
- Entire characters as alternate palette swaps such as Alph and the Koopalings.
- Other significant palettes like those for :ultmario: and probably others.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
What are the rules regarding the sharing of videos, fanart and stuff in the site? Say there isn't an art thread in the Inkling forum (example), should I make one to share a picture (fanart) or is it okay to post it in the social?
That type of stuff is better suited for the social of the sub forum. Or of course the Art and Entertainment forums.

Will there ever be alternate stock icons in the emotes section? To name some examples:

- The alternate gender options for :ultrobin:, :ultwiifittrainer:, and others.
- The alternate game palettes for :ultbayonetta:, :ultike:, and others.
- Entire characters as alternate palette swaps such as Alph and the Koopalings.
- Other significant palettes like those for :ultmario: and probably others.
Warchamp7 Warchamp7

DragonBlade64

Smash Apprentice
I've been trying to upload a new avatar and it keeps telling me a server error occurred. I'm now stuck with a generic letter. Is the site just glitching out for me?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
What requirements are there to move past smash rookie?
Q: What are the different titles I can attain? When do I stop being a Smash Rookie?!

A: Here are the titles and their associated post counts:
  • Smash Rookie (0-24 posts)
  • Smash Cadet (25-74 posts)
  • Smash Apprentice (75-199 posts)
  • Smash Journeyman (200-499 posts)
  • Smash Ace (500-999 posts)
  • Smash Lord (1000-1999 posts)
  • Smash Champion (2000-2999 posts)
  • Smash Master (3000-4999 posts)
  • Smash Hero (5000-9999 posts)
  • Smash Legend (10000-19999 posts)
  • Smash Obsessed (20000-49999 posts)
  • Smash Unicorn (50000+)

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Why do we have a purple name?
A purple name indicates that you are one of the Smash community’s Distinguished users. Generally this means that you’ve done a lot for your local and/or national Smash community. You also have exclusive posting privileges in the Community VIP forum.

We actually found out before you answered but, thank you anyways!

This is some MonkaS responsibility we’re being given

A purple name indicates that you are one of the Smash community’s Distinguished users. Generally this means that you’ve done a lot for your local and/or national Smash community. You also have exclusive posting privileges in the Community VIP forum.
F2B48660-7363-4649-8588-3352D0BDDC29.png

ccllr

Smash Cadet
How do I post gifs?... I keep on inserting the URL in the image section and the gif actually shows in the text box, but when I preview the message the image appears broken. Is there any specific server you guys use for such thing?

Last edited:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
How do I post gifs?... I keep on inserting the URL in the image section and the gif actually shows in the text box, but when I preview the message the image appears broken. Is there any specific server you guys use for such thing?
It could be an error on our end. Warchamp7 Warchamp7

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
What is the link you're trying to post? They might not allow hotlinking

ccllr

Smash Cadet
It could be an error on our end. Warchamp7 Warchamp7
What is the link you're trying to post? They might not allow hotlinking
Nvm guys, I just tried with imgur but copying the image URL instead of the URL imgur provides by default and I managed to do so. Also I just noticed that when replying in this topic (probably on this whole sub-forum) you can uploade images directly from your computer, but in other places you HAVE to link it. That's a weird decision.

Thanks for the help.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Nvm guys, I just tried with imgur but copying the image URL instead of the URL imgur provides by default and I managed to do so. Also I just noticed that when replying in this topic (probably on this whole sub-forum) you can uploade images directly from your computer, but in other places you HAVE to link it. That's a weird decision.

Thanks for the help.
Signatures should be the only place you have to link

Cænon8

Smash Rookie
NNID
trollmaster8000
Switch FC
SW 7777-7590-4300
Brand new to the forums so idk much of the terms. I understand stuff such as nair and bair and fair and the tilts but is there somewhere I could find a list of different terms used commonly on the forums? I have searched around a bit and can't really find anything.

Last edited:
Top Bottom