• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Do saved comment drafts automatically disappear after a day or two? I sometimes write my RTC comments a day beforehand and have noticed that my comments sometimes just vanish.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Do saved comment drafts automatically disappear after a day or two? I sometimes write my RTC comments a day beforehand and have noticed that my comments sometimes just vanish.
They're stored for 24 hours I believe. It's meant to save progress in case of a browser crash or internet/power outage, not for actual drafting

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
How do I change the character behind my posts from Sm4sh Falco to Smash Ultimate Wolf? I already have Wolf set up as my Ultimate main but 4 Falco is still behind my posts.

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
I have a question regarding emotes, specifically one in particular. Is anything going to be done about the Smash Ultimate Robin emote?

I couldn't help but notice while making a reply to another thread that something was off about the Robin Emote. It is missing the ":" at the end of "ultrobin" for some reason. I'm assuming this wasn't intentional, but I don't know if it was even noticed yet. When this is typed into text outside of code the output is not what its supposed to be. I used Corrin as the example of how other emotes react to the presense and the lack of presense of the colon at the end.
Rich (BB code):
1. :ultrobin:
2. :ultrobin
3. :ultcorrin:
4. :ultcorrin
Output said:
I just wanted to point this out because it is a bug on Smashboards and I wanted to know if there were plans to fix it.

Last edited:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I have a question regarding emotes, specifically one in particular. Is anything going to be done about the Smash Ultimate Robin emote?

I couldn't help but notice while making a reply to another thread that something was off about the Robin Emote. It is missing the ":" at the end of "ultrobin" for some reason. I'm assuming this wasn't intentional, but I don't know if it was even noticed yet. When this is typed into text outside of code the output is not what its supposed to be. I used Corrin as the example of how other emotes react to the presense and the lack of presense of the colon at the end.
Rich (BB code):
I just wanted to point this out because it is a bug on Smashboards and I wanted to know if there were plans to fix it.
Thanks for the heads up. Should be fixed now.

Daedulus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Daedulustg
3DS FC
2380-8197-1533
Switch FC
SW-2767-1140-5910
hey just a quick question, how exactly can I post an image on a post?? I know you can do it but I don't get the https.... thing?

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
hey just a quick question, how exactly can I post an image on a post?? I know you can do it but I don't get the https.... thing?
Click on the insert image button on the text box toolbar. You can either drag an image there or paste the link. To get the image link, right click on the image and select "copy image address", then paste the url.

Daedulus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Daedulustg
3DS FC
2380-8197-1533
Switch FC
SW-2767-1140-5910
Click on the insert image button on the text box toolbar. You can either drag an image there or paste the link. To get the image link, right click on the image and select "copy image address", then paste the url.
Thanks

Daedulus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Daedulustg
3DS FC
2380-8197-1533
Switch FC
SW-2767-1140-5910
I'm back here again... Just wantd to know were everyone gets the cool custom smash character icons from?

Koopaul

Smash Champion
So I just realized something and I feel silly for it. But I noticed that the sections of the Smashboards have an unusual order in which they are organized.

It thought they'd be organized in chronological order with the oldest game at the bottom. But instead we have (from bottom to top) Brawl, Smash 64, Melee, Project M, Wii U/3DS, Ulitmate.

It's almost in order but Brawl was shifted to the bottom. I'm sure this has been answered before but is there a reason for this?

Eremitaviola

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-5198-1572-7120
*How do I add images to posts*? Everyone else does it just fine and it's probably asked often but I tried to look for somewhere where it's explained everywhere but couldn't find anything. It says to add an http but does that mean that I need to upload my image somewhere else first?

Daedulus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Daedulustg
3DS FC
2380-8197-1533
Switch FC
SW-2767-1140-5910
*How do I add images to posts*? Everyone else does it just fine and it's probably asked often but I tried to look for somewhere where it's explained everywhere but couldn't find anything. It says to add an http but does that mean that I need to upload my image somewhere else first?
You need to go to the image and copy the image adress

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I did but it didn't work, and I don't know which images are fair game, because the best ones I found were all from articles
If dragging it to the dropbox or using the link option doesn't work, it is likely an incompatible image. You can try uploading it to an image hosting website or doing a screen capture/crop job and saving it to your device. From there you can upload the file.

Eremitaviola

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-5198-1572-7120
I wanted to add this to my create a spirit thread but the dropbox only appears here while it just asks me an http anywhere else. I found an image on reddit that might work but I don't think I can link to a reddit image. I guess I'll subscribe to an image sharing site

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Does anyone else get a LOT of redirects, at least on mobile? I swear sometimes on mobile it's a nightmare to browse this site without getting reidrect towards those ****tily done phishing sites every page lol

Daedulus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Daedulustg
3DS FC
2380-8197-1533
Switch FC
SW-2767-1140-5910
<--- I don't know about you, but I seem unable to post an image under my account, can you see it to side? Do you know what's causing this?

JohnKnight416

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Reddemonknight
How exactly can you post stuff at the bottom of every message that you post? I see some ppl post their lists mains and secondaries at the bottom of their messages, however, I can't seem to figure out how to access that feature

Last edited:

JohnKnight416

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Reddemonknight
How exactly can you post stuff at the bottom of every message that you post? I see some ppl post their lists mains and secondaries at the bottom of their messages, however, I can't seem to figure out how to access that feature
Never mind. I just figured out how on my own

D

Deleted member

What's the rules on abandoning an account and making a new one?

Technically it's against the rules but I've seen at least one mod say it should be alright provided one abandons the old account, doesn't use the new account to sockpuppet, and doesn't use the new account to evade a ban/infraction/block ( Thread here )

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
What's the rules on abandoning an account and making a new one?

Technically it's against the rules but I've seen at least one mod say it should be alright provided one abandons the old account, doesn't use the new account to sockpuppet, and doesn't use the new account to evade a ban/infraction/block ( Thread here )
It would be best to make a formal request in Forum Support.

NarBäk

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-4660-5701-9228
can someone teach me the ins and outs of smashboards?

Last edited:

PF9

Smash Lord
This started recently, but a lot of users no longer have their signatures show up in new posts in certain sections, me included.

What's up with that?

Last edited:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
This started recently, but a lot of users no longer have their signatures show up in new posts in certain sections, me included.

What's up with that?
It only shows once per page. If it is not even showing once, please link me to an example.

PF9

Smash Lord
So the signature only shows up once in each page? Is that a way to cut down on something?

LunarDave

Smash Rookie
I have a question, so I am in this crew server chat but the rules say that we cannot post links of websites and stuff. Am I allowed to post discord links? and if so, where can I post them?

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I have a question, so I am in this crew server chat but the rules say that we cannot post links of websites and stuff. Am I allowed to post discord links? and if so, where can I post them?
We do not allow advertising threads. You can put it in your signature or your profile.

McCree

Smash Cadet
Hey can anyone help me with my signature? I have made one for this account, but for some reason I just can't add a picture to it? The picture would be this one:
Signature.jpg

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Hey can anyone help me with my signature? I have made one for this account, but for some reason I just can't add a picture to it? The picture would be this one: View attachment 181569
You cannot upload images saved to your computer. You must upload it first to an image sharing site then link it to your signature.

McCree

Smash Cadet
You cannot upload images saved to your computer. You must upload it first to an image sharing site then link it to your signature.
I know, I tried it with imgur and another site, and both times it didn't accept the image link

Top Bottom