• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Hey, is there any way to replace a poll in a thread with a new one? Cause I'm running the Ike thread for the new smash, and I want to change the previous poll which was just for speculation to something more socialable.
You must ask a moderator over the section to edit it.

D

Deleted member

I have two questions 1 was this website made by the same people that made smogon forums 2 is there a place where I can post a tournament of all of the fighters in smash4

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I've been here a while, but I've always been meaning to ask what the optimal way to get the smaller icons of characters you want to see in Smash in your signature. I wasn't sure where to find this information necessarily either on the site, so I thought I'd ask here. So, what is the easiest way?

D

Deleted member

I have two questions 1 was this website made by the same people that made smogon forums 2 is there a place where I can post a tournament of all of the fighters in smash4

Copy and pasting because my question was getting old and I don't think it would have been answered I hope this is allowed

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer

Copy and pasting because my question was getting old and I don't think it would have been answered I hope this is allowed
1. Both this site and Smogon use the XenForo forum software, which is why they look similar. They are run by different people, however.

2. It probably depends on what sort of tournament, but I would guess the best place would be Smash 4 general discussion: https://smashboards.com/forums/general-discussion.290/

AquaTech

We hit the potjack
Is it possible to buy just the one-month memberships/premium, without it being automatically recurring payment? I only want to change my name, not subscribe permanently.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Is it possible to buy just the one-month memberships/premium, without it being automatically recurring payment? I only want to change my name, not subscribe permanently.
After buying the subscription, you can cancel the recurring payment from your PayPal account.

How do I pm a administrator? I need to change my birth date
You may be better served posting a thread in Forum Support for this.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Do BRoomers still exist?

I haven't been active for 9 years and everything looks totally different now. >_>

I noticed that the Back Room is still around but all of the old BRoomers I remember don't have a banner or green names or grimers anymore.

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
Doubting this is possible, but thought that I would at least ask and see if it were.

Is there any way to merge two accounts? I am not sure why I made a second account instead of just doing the Premium account and changing my name. I wasn't sure if that was something that a Premium user would be able to do, or if it were even possible. Figured I would at least ask before having to abandon one of these accounts.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Do BRoomers still exist?

I haven't been active for 9 years and everything looks totally different now. >_>

I noticed that the Back Room is still around but all of the old BRoomers I remember don't have a banner or green names or grimers anymore.
I believe they still exist, just that the green banners and such were lost in the recent update for whatever reason.

Doubting this is possible, but thought that I would at least ask and see if it were.

Is there any way to merge two accounts? I am not sure why I made a second account instead of just doing the Premium account and changing my name. I wasn't sure if that was something that a Premium user would be able to do, or if it were even possible. Figured I would at least ask before having to abandon one of these accounts.
If you post in Forum Support and explain the situation, they should be able to resolve this for you.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Can I have some help with my signature.

I put this in it:

But its not showing up. Anyone got any idea why?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Can I have some help with my signature.

I put this in it:

But its not showing up. Anyone got any idea why?
If you're using the rich text editor, this is what the code of that embed looks like:
Code:
[MEDIA=gfycat]gifs[/MEDIA]
So basically, it's linking to something that doesn't exist. If you turn off the rich text editor and enter the correct ID of the gfycat you're trying to use, it should work.

Starlight_Lily

If you're using the rich text editor, this is what the code of that embed looks like:
Code:
[MEDIA=gfycat]gifs[/MEDIA]
So basically, it's linking to something that doesn't exist. If you turn off the rich text editor and enter the correct ID of the gfycat you're trying to use, it should work.
How do I turn off the rich text editor exactly?

And if you can't answer that, this is the link I want to use: https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/FantasticPlumpElk

Do you know how to put that in the code?

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
How do I turn off the rich text editor exactly?
Click the gear icon to the right of the editor toolbar. This can both turn it on and off again.

And if you can't answer that, this is the link I want to use: https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/FantasticPlumpElk

Do you know how to put that in the code?
Enter this in place of the current link:
Code:
[media=gfycat]FantasticPlumpElk[/media]
The problem is that, using the rich text editor, you need to use a direct link to the gif, instead of the link you were using. Entering this link would work: https://gfycat.com/FantasticPlumpElk

Starlight_Lily

Click the gear icon to the right of the editor toolbar. This can both turn it on and off again.

Enter this in place of the current link:
Code:
[media=gfycat]FantasticPlumpElk[/media]
The problem is that, using the rich text editor, you need to use a direct link to the gif, instead of the link you were using. Entering this link would work: https://gfycat.com/FantasticPlumpElk
That fixed it.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I often see users with rectangular character support icons in their signatures like this one:

Where on SmashBoards can I get these icons?

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Idk if this is the proper place to ask, but the Premium post background for :ultfalcon: doesn’t seem to show on mobile? It probably does on a PC, but I’m on mobile 98% of the time nowadays, so

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Idk if this is the proper place to ask, but the Premium post background for :ultfalcon: doesn’t seem to show on mobile? It probably does on a PC, but I’m on mobile 98% of the time nowadays, so
I already alerted Warchamp to the issue. But thanks. :)

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
I'm facing a lot of issues with the spoiler code, it's messed a lot with some of my threads. For whatever reason, it feels the need to create duplicate spoilers in some specific parts of the post messing with the format and sometimes just spoilers nearly the whole op, I try to remove the added spoiler codes but it just keeps recreating them. I'm guessing it has something to do with some specific placings of images or alignment of the content?
Don't know if it's just buggy, buggy mostly for me or I just don't have a good understanding of it. If the latter does anyone have a guideline of some sort on how to handle the spoiler code?

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'm facing a lot of issues with the spoiler code, it's messed a lot with some of my threads. For whatever reason, it feels the need to create duplicate spoilers in some specific parts of the post messing with the format and sometimes just spoilers nearly the whole op, I try to remove the added spoiler codes but it just keeps recreating them. I'm guessing it has something to do with some specific placings of images or alignment of the content?
Don't know if it's just buggy, buggy mostly for me or I just don't have a good understanding of it. If the latter does anyone have a guideline of some sort on how to handle the spoiler code?
Can you link me to the post in question?

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
It's happened in general, I've simply been using the preview feature lately due to this but it's been preventing me from updating some of my threads. Here's an example of one I could not fix: https://smashboards.com/threads/nip...inding-king-overlord-laharl-for-smash.454138/
I may not be following.....is the problem the spoilers that are not centered because all of your spoilers seem deliberate. Or is it the double spoilers near the end of the post?

I was able to fix some of it. But I need to sign out for the night. I will fix the rest tomorrow afternoon.

Last edited:

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
I may not be following.....is the problem the spoilers that are not centered because all of your spoilers seem deliberate. Or is it the double spoilers near the end of the post?

I was able to fix some of it. But I need to sign out for the night. I will fix the rest tomorrow afternoon.
It's the fact they create double spoilers, I've tried to center them in other threads but they just create double spoilers too, a number of things I try to do seem to create double spoilers for whatever reason, such as images, when I center the content and etc.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
It's the fact they create double spoilers, I've tried to center them in other threads but they just create double spoilers too, a number of things I try to do seem to create double spoilers for whatever reason, such as images, when I center the content and etc.
Like I said, I fixed one of those double spoilers. The problem is there is a lot of unnecessary “floating” code in your post. If you switch to to the bbcode editor when editing the post, you’ll see what I am talking about.

When I get to work later, I’ll fix the rest of it.

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
Like I said, I fixed one of those double spoilers. The problem is there is a lot of unnecessary “floating” code in your post. If you switch to to the bbcode editor when editing the post, you’ll see what I am talking about.

When I get to work later, I’ll fix the rest of it.
I use the Insert feature to add spoilers instead of doing so manually, I have looked at the bbcode editor of the page section before though and tried removing them from there however I still could not figure it out much, although I don't have that good of an understanding on coding. Don't recall exactly what I had done back then to attempt to remove the double spoilers.

Last edited:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I use the Insert feature to add spoilers instead of doing so manually, I have looked at the bbcode editor of the page section before though and tried removing them from there however I still could not figure it out much, although I don't have that good of an understanding on coding. Don't recall exactly what I had done back then to attempt to remove the double spoilers.
Ok, I believe I fixed it. Let me know if it is to your liking.

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
Ok, I believe I fixed it. Let me know if it is to your liking.
It's a lot better, though the spoiler with the DS game is meant to be with the one with the Switch games.
However my biggest issue is that I have been unable to update the OPs in some of my threads in general due to the spoiler code making doubles, and am unsure how it happens.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
It's a lot better, though the spoiler with the DS game is meant to be with the one with the Switch games.
However my biggest issue is that I have been unable to update the OPs in some of my threads in general due to the spoiler code making doubles, and am unsure how it happens.
A lot of why that was happening is that it appeared you were formatting lines of text in small groups instead of large blocks and it was jumbling up the bbcode.

Your post had something like this for example:

[color=#E25041][spoiler=example][b]This is an example
This is a second example[/color][/b]
[color=#E25041][b]This is the last example[/color][/b]
[color=#E25041][img]image 1[/img][/spoiler][/color]

In the above example, every line had bbcode for the same color. You also had it set up where the spoiler bbcode and images were colored even though spoiler tags and images don't change colors. Here is the result of the above code:

This is an example
This is a second example
This is the last example

So what I did was simplify everything you had done. So in the above example I would have simplified it to this:

[spoiler]
[color=#E25041][b]This is an example
This is a second example
This is the last example[/b][/color]
[img]Image1[/img]
[/spoiler]

Which results in this:

This is an example
This is a second example
This is the last example

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Hi. Is there a forum where people can talk about general things not related to Smash Bros?

Top Bottom