• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

Floor

Floor | Defiant of Destiny
NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675
Are you allowed to have signatures with hurtful/hateful/malicious content in them? Specifically against the POTUS? Someone has a signature with hurtful things about Donald Trump and it's not very welcoming and that user is being judged now. Not sure if this is against the rules

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Are you allowed to have signatures with hurtful/hateful/malicious content in them? Specifically against the POTUS? Someone has a signature with hurtful things about Donald Trump and it's not very welcoming and that user is being judged now. Not sure if this is against the rules
Generally, no. If you feel that any content on a user's profile, such as their signature or avatar, is inappropriate, please use the "Report" button on their userpage to alert it to the staff, and we can take any appropriate action from there.

Hunybear

Smash Ace
hello. i'd like to post some data that's in a text table, but when i past is here it looks jumbled up. is there anyway i could get it looking normal again.
╔═════════╦═══════╦═══════════╗
║ HitStun ║ % ║ Frame ║
║ ║ ║ Advantage ║
╠═════════╬═══════╬═══════════╣
║ 28 ║ 0-3 ║ 4 ║
║ 29 ║ 4-6 ║ 5 ║
║ 30 ║ 7-10 ║ 6 ║
║ 31 ║ 11-15 ║ 7 ║
║ 32 ║ 16-18 ║ 8 ║
║ 33 ║ 19-21 ║ 9 ║
║ 34 ║ 22-25 ║ 10 ║
║ 35 ║ 26-30 ║ 11 ║
║ 36 ║ 31-34 ║ 12 ║
║ 37 ║ 35-37 ║ 13 ║
║ 38 ║ 38-41 ║ 14 ║
║ 39 ║ 42-45 ║ 15 ║
║ 40 ║ 46-49 ║ 16 ║
║ 41 ║ 50-53 ║ 17 ║
║ 42 ║ 54-57 ║ 18 ║
║ 43 ║ 58-61 ║ 19 ║
║ 44 ║ 62-65 ║ 20 ║
╚═════════╩═══════╩═══════════╝

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
hello. i'd like to post some data that's in a text table, but when i past is here it looks jumbled up. is there anyway i could get it looking normal again.
╔═════════╦═══════╦═══════════╗
║ HitStun ║ % ║ Frame ║
║ ║ ║ Advantage ║
║ 28 ║ 0-3 ║ 4 ║
║ 29 ║ 4-6 ║ 5 ║
║ 30 ║ 7-10 ║ 6 ║
║ 31 ║ 11-15 ║ 7 ║
║ 32 ║ 16-18 ║ 8 ║
║ 33 ║ 19-21 ║ 9 ║
║ 34 ║ 22-25 ║ 10 ║
║ 35 ║ 26-30 ║ 11 ║
║ 36 ║ 31-34 ║ 12 ║
║ 37 ║ 35-37 ║ 13 ║
║ 38 ║ 38-41 ║ 14 ║
║ 39 ║ 42-45 ║ 15 ║
║ 40 ║ 46-49 ║ 16 ║
║ 41 ║ 50-53 ║ 17 ║
║ 42 ║ 54-57 ║ 18 ║
║ 43 ║ 58-61 ║ 19 ║
║ 44 ║ 62-65 ║ 20 ║
╚═════════╩═══════╩═══════════╝
Here is the format to properly make a table:

[table=head]
one | two | three
1 | 2 | 3
4 | 5 | 6
7 | 8 | 9
[/table]

Should look like this when done:

one | two | three
1 | 2 | 3
4 | 5 | 6
7 | 8 | 9

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
What's a backroomer? Is it just someone that is really active and helps with problems, or is it just a godly Smash player?
Back Roomers
These guys tote green names, and small Grimers in their postbit. These members, (commonly referred to as BRoomers), have access to The Back Room, which is basically just a hideout from the rest of the forums. In the same fashion as the Smash Back Room, the Back Room is invitation only. In order to gain access, you need to be noticed as a fun, interesting, smart, or useful person. It's been said that the more you try to get back there, the less likely you're going to. We notice good posting when we see it-- you don't have to try to stand out!

NuzTheMonkey

Smash Apprentice
Where could I post my own Smash 4 tier list to constructively criticized?

Also, is there a mains advice thread for Brawl, and if not may I ask about this is the Smash 4 one?

:luigi: Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I have a rather basic question: how to I get pictures and vids, not links to them, to appear in posts?
For pics and vids, the easiest way is by clicking the "media" or "image" buttons on the post editor (so long as you are using the Rich Text Editor). At the top of the post text area there are two buttons next to the smiley button. The landscape looking one is for images and the film one is for embedding videos. When you click on one just enter the url of the img or vid you'd like to post.

roysrevengefgc

Smash Apprentice
NNID
roysrevengefgc
Trying to attach videos straight from my phone to the forums without uploading them to youtube, is that possible?

Qwaser

The scent of death
NNID
Cheese200200
I can't seem to see my signature here.
Is it because of mobile browser, and if so, is there a way to go back to the desktop version?

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I can't seem to see my signature here.
Is it because of mobile browser, and if so, is there a way to go back to the desktop version?
As you guessed, it is because of your mobile browser. How you do desktop version would be different by phone as there is not a way to toggle that onsite.

If your main concern is just seeing sigs, have you tried landscape mode on your device?

Qwaser

The scent of death
NNID
Cheese200200
As you guessed, it is because of your mobile browser. How you do desktop version would be different by phone as there is not a way to toggle that onsite.

If your main concern is just seeing sigs, have you tried landscape mode on your device?
Oh, landscape works for me.

Thanks for the help!

Firelucario

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2664-2218-5783
I was wondering if it is allowed to give away DLC codes for Smash 4 on the WiiU?
I initially bought the DLC for both the 3DS and WiiU version, with the intend of eventually buying a WiiU with Smash 4.
However, by the time that I had enough money, the Switch was revealed and I ended up buying it instead of the WiiU.
I kept my WiiU codes due to the possibility of a port to the Switch, but with the reveal of a new Smash Bros. game for the Switch not too long ago, this has become extremely unlikely. I would be a shame to leave these codes unused, when they could make someone else happy.

So I wanted to ask if giving away items with real-life worth is allowed on this site, and (if allowed) where to best post a thread. (Is the smash 4 general discussion forum fine, or should I post somewhere else?)

GoldTrainRider

Smash Cadet
Hi. I have absolutely no clue how to get the "someone set us up the bomb" trophy here. What are the bob-ombs? can someone answer this?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I was wondering if it is allowed to give away DLC codes for Smash 4 on the WiiU?
I initially bought the DLC for both the 3DS and WiiU version, with the intend of eventually buying a WiiU with Smash 4.
However, by the time that I had enough money, the Switch was revealed and I ended up buying it instead of the WiiU.
I kept my WiiU codes due to the possibility of a port to the Switch, but with the reveal of a new Smash Bros. game for the Switch not too long ago, this has become extremely unlikely. I would be a shame to leave these codes unused, when they could make someone else happy.

So I wanted to ask if giving away items with real-life worth is allowed on this site, and (if allowed) where to best post a thread. (Is the smash 4 general discussion forum fine, or should I post somewhere else?)
As long as you're just giving it away, and not selling it, you can post a thread for it in the Smash 4 general board.

Hi. I have absolutely no clue how to get the "someone set us up the bomb" trophy here. What are the bob-ombs? can someone answer this?
It refers to the Bob-Omb thread, where the goal is to count to a given number before a member of staff posts. It usually doesn't get far enough for anyone to win the trophy :p But when it does, an admin can give the trophy to everyone who helped get the count to that point. So if you want that trophy, you have to participate in that thread.

GoldTrainRider

Smash Cadet
As long as you're just giving it away, and not selling it, you can post a thread for it in the Smash 4 general board.

It refers to the Bob-Omb thread, where the goal is to count to a given number before a member of staff posts. It usually doesn't get far enough for anyone to win the trophy :p But when it does, an admin can give the trophy to everyone who helped get the count to that point. So if you want that trophy, you have to participate in that thread.
Thank you!! I'll have my shot at that trophy now ;)

farvin111

Smash Journeyman
Is there a way to disable audio/video ads? I'm forced to turn on my adblock but I'd be perfectly fine without it if it weren't for the autoplay ads, of which there can be multiple playing at the same time which is just irritating.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Is there a way to disable audio/video ads? I'm forced to turn on my adblock but I'd be perfectly fine without it if it weren't for the autoplay ads, of which there can be multiple playing at the same time which is just irritating.
The next time it happens, please do the following:
  • Take a screenshot of the browser with the ad playing
  • Note the URL of the page you saw the ad on
  • Note any other information that might be useful, such as your browser and its version, roughly how many other pages on Smashboards you viewed before seeing the ad, or what country you are in
  • If you're on Firefox, you can do right-click > View Page Info > Media, and note the URLs of anything listed as an "embed".

Then post this information in a thread in Forum Support, and a member of staff should be able to try and follow the issue up and get the ads removed.

SneakDuckens

Smash Cadet
NNID
heiny13
Is there a guide somewhere on the site to uploading images? I'm having trouble with my roster showing up that I tried linking to my post.

SneakDuckens

Smash Cadet
NNID
heiny13
I fixed the post for you. As far as a user guide, try this.
Thank you for fixing my post. I checked out the guide but it doesn't really give any guidance on embedding images. Is there a tutorial somewhere else where I can learn to do it myself?

EDIT: Never mind, I figured it out!

Last edited:

TotallyToasted

Smash Rookie
Fresh to the boards, how do I start a thread? Probably an obvious answer, but I haven't had any luck with finding an answer yet. Thanks!

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Fresh to the boards, how do I start a thread? Probably an obvious answer, but I haven't had any luck with finding an answer yet. Thanks!
On the topic listing, at the top-right of the page (just below the alert box), there should be a box labelled "Post New Thread".

If this isn't appearing for you, you might be trying to post in a forum where only approved members can post threads (e.g. News, or Community VIP).

TotallyToasted

Smash Rookie
I don't see the box and I'm not in a section where I shouldn't be able to post, I think. Is there by chance a picture that you could send to show me what it looks like or how to get there?

edit: Found it! Nevermind, thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

Robertos0511

Smash Rookie
Is there a discord where new character speculation and stuff is discussed and if so could I get an invite? Thanks

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Is there a discord where new character speculation and stuff is discussed and if so could I get an invite? Thanks
Switch Smash Discussion on Smashboards can be found here.

The Smashboards Discord can be found here.

Honestly though, the Smashboards forum is more lively than the Discord.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Hey, is there any way to replace a poll in a thread with a new one? Cause I'm running the Ike thread for the new smash, and I want to change the previous poll which was just for speculation to something more socialable.

Top Bottom