• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
How long shall I wait to re-submit an application and or know if mine has been rejected?
Hey BornABrawler,

Applications are all kept and stored in an application forum; application rejections are not sent out as we prefer to keep them on file and at hand to notate interest and if a poster becomes more suitable for the position it allows us to still reach out to them later even if they weren't appropriate at the time. If you feel your qualifications have changed and experience improved from the first time you submitted an application and would like to resubmit an application form; please feel free to.

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
How do I join social groups? And while I'm at it, how do I access miscellaneous options to turn off my signature? I'm sorry...

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
How do I join social groups?
In general, you need to be given an invite by the group's moderator. PM the moderator/s of the group/s you want to join for this.

And while I'm at it, how do I access miscellaneous options to turn off my signature?
You can just go here, and remove the content, to disable just yours: http://smashboards.com/account/signature
Or if you want to disable viewing (all) signatures, while leaving yours visible to others, go here and uncheck the "Show people's signatures with their messages" box.

How do I get the "Somebody set us up the bomb" trophy? I mean, I already helped to count over 300 bob-ombs almost an year ago, but I still haven't got the trophy...

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
How do I get the "Somebody set us up the bomb" trophy? I mean, I already helped to count over 300 bob-ombs almost an year ago, but I still haven't got the trophy...
I suggest contacting an administrator, linking them to the relevant section of the thread. The system isn't automated, this is the only way the trophy can be awarded.

TheColorfulOrca

Smash Apprentice
My apologies if this has already been asked, but... when will there be a Bayonetta and Corrin section for Smash 4 guides? It's been several months since they were released, and I find it a bit odd that they still don't have their own sections.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Is there any way I could sign up for 1 month premium (or at least just change my username) without donating via paypal? I don't have any way of paying with real world money. The closest method I have is with Steam items/games.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
My apologies if this has already been asked, but... when will there be a Bayonetta and Corrin section for Smash 4 guides? It's been several months since they were released, and I find it a bit odd that they still don't have their own sections.
There is a section for both of them, there has just not been any guides submitted.

Is there any way I could sign up for 1 month premium (or at least just change my username) without donating via paypal? I don't have any way of paying with real world money. The closest method I have is with Steam items/games.
Paypal is the only option currently.

Last edited:

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
Hello, I have a problem: I can't load custom avatars in any way. I have to use Gravatar but my images become all blurred and I sincerely hate it. Is there a way to solve this?

Doug the Yoshi

Smash Rookie
NNID
GameWatch22
Hey guys,
I'm having a slight problem when using the mobile version - when I try to open the menu or when I tap my avatar in the top-right, no options are visible... just a big dark space, but the options appear to be there, I just can't see them...

Any help appreciated! :)

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Hey guys,
I'm having a slight problem when using the mobile version - when I try to open the menu or when I tap my avatar in the top-right, no options are visible... just a big dark space, but the options appear to be there, I just can't see them...

Any help appreciated! :)
Which browser are you using? Do you have the same problem if you try another browser?

Doug the Yoshi

Smash Rookie
NNID
GameWatch22
Which browser are you using? Do you have the same problem if you try another browser?
Wow... that makes sense... XD
I was using the default browser in my phone, because that's what I always use - it seems faster than Google Chrome to me, but switching to Chrome did the trick.

Sorry for the incovenience. Thanks anyway. :p

eVeRFRee

Smash Rookie
France ; Rhônes-Alpes ; Haute-Savoie ; Annecy
Last edited by a moderator:

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Am I able to upload an image directly into my Signature, as I would a post? Or is it required that I host the image somewhere and provide a link? I can't seem to see any way to achieve this.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Is it ok if I make another Unpopular Gaming Opinions thread? I made one over a year ago but it got shutdown because certain people kept arguing. If I state in my original post to not have flame wars, it might help.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Is it ok if I make another Unpopular Gaming Opinions thread? I made one over a year ago but it got shutdown because certain people kept arguing. If I state in my original post to not have flame wars, it might help.
I would ask the moderator of the board where the original thread was located.

Grayson the Emblemier

Smash Rookie
NNID
FluerdeLis
Hello,

I have been trying to change my username from "Grayson the Emblemier" so it is the same as my tag I use at tournaments "SilverRain" I saw that ZeRo changed his username from "ChileZeRo" to "TSM ZeRo" and I was wondering how that's possible. Thanks in advance!

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Hello,

I have been trying to change my username from "Grayson the Emblemier" so it is the same as my tag I use at tournaments "SilverRain" I saw that ZeRo changed his username from "ChileZeRo" to "TSM ZeRo" and I was wondering how that's possible. Thanks in advance!
Changing your username is a premium perk. If/when you purchase premium, you are allowed one name change per month.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
So I'm relatively new to the Smash games and consoles in general,so I've been having a lot of problems just getting used to not just the game and how it plays, but utilizing the controller and other console things.

Basically: What's the best way to get used to the physics, mechanics, and controls of SSBM, other than just playing a lot, if it even exists?

Things I find myself doing and have a really hard time breaking:

-Constantly thinking Starting lag and Ending lag are MUCH shorter than they usually are. As in, I think everything that's not obvious comes out frame 1 with lag ending the frame the animation does, including grabs and throws (I consistently try to grab a jabbing Pikachu head on, for example)
-Downsmashing on a platform instead of dropping down and dairing
-DI'ing Smash 4 style, going against my direction from the beginning rather than going a perpendicular direction. Always. (interesting since I've literally level touched 4, only melee)
-thinking Shield can block Grab
-thinking that tapping the control stick midair a la smash attack can rotate your character (have lead to some embarrassing SD's where I recover away from the stage or brush the ledge with my back)

As for controller stuff, I occasionally Uair or upB instead of a side move since I'm not used to the fact that your thumb is at a ~12 degree angle when it's on the control stick. Also makes dashdancing really hard. I also try to hit L but fail since pushing directly down with me left index is at a bad angle, mashing the trigger into the controller wall and failing to shield or wavedash.

Is the only way to deal with these just to play a lot? Because I'm not sure if I'm ever going to get used to it.
This thread is for questions regarding usage of the Smashboards site itself, as opposed to gameplay questions. A better place to ask your questions would be in Melee Discussion. Maybe try the Q&A thread there.

Talenheim

Smash Rookie
Oh, sorry. I had multiple Q&A threads up at the same time looking for the right one and posted in the wrong tab. I'll fix it now.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Anyone who can help me in my English?
voice talk preference.
Sorry, this isn't the right place to ask for this sort of thing - this thread is for questions on how to use the site. I recommend asking at some of the social threads, such as here: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-smash-4-social-7-0.439953/

Hello everyone, I have a Wii U and my country of residence is the United States. I want to buy the DLC of Super Smash Bros (all characters) but the eshop card has a value of $35 and the seller says it is from Canada. That card would work or not? I don´t want to waste my money. Please help me. Here is the image:

http://www.nintendo.com/images/page/giftcards/card-luigi.png
Again, I'm afraid this isn't the right thread for questions like this. Though, to answer your question, eShop cards tend to be country-locked (not just region-locked - probably owing to the different currencies involved), so most likely it won't work.

Top Bottom