• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
How do I know if a PM has been successfully reported?
I think the only way to know is if the person who dealt with the report chooses to send you an alert saying it was dealt with.

If not then... I dunno, just bug some mods or something about it until it gets dealt with. :p
(serious response: you can probably go to Forum Support and inquire there, if you have concerns that it hasn't been resolved properly)

Skrimiche

Smash Rookie
NNID
Skrimiche
Switch FC
SW-8379-7729-6862
Are you allowed to post an AMA as your introduction thread? I've done it on other game forums I was new to (e.g. "I've never played a MOBA before, AMA") but I just wanted to make sure it was allowed here.

Last edited:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Are you allowed to post an AMA as your introduction thread? I've done it on other game forums I was new to (e.g. "I've never played a MOBA before, AMA") but I just wanted to make sure it was allowed here.
It shouldn't be an issue.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
I didn't initially realize this when I was making a thread for Competitive Ultimate forums, but it finally hit me when I thought, "Oh I forgot I should make a table to display my data better for others users who don't want to click spoiler tabs that hide them out of space saved from a long OP."

Apparently, I. Can't? When did Smashboards remove the ability to generate a table?

EDIT: I guess apparently it's still possible. But the bb coding requires " [ table=head ] XYZ [ /table ]". I had to go back to one of my old Shulk threads that had tables in it to figure that out since it's been so long.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Is there any way to get 1 month of premium without paying real world cash? Mainly asking because I want to change my name on this site.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I mean, you need money to buy premium....
I meant like if its possible to get premium as a gift from someone else (or somehow get a name change by any other means).

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I meant like if its possible to get premium as a gift from someone else (or somehow get a name change by any other means).
Gifting used to be something we could do before the site upgrade to Xenforo 2. Unfortunately, gifting was lost in the update.

D

Deleted member

Is it ok to do a tournament like Smogon style like use smashboards dms to set up times and such I have everything planned and written down and another question whare would I put it?

CboyC95

Smash Apprentice
How do you delete a forum thread? Because I made a huge mistake on one I've made and I want to get rid of it as quickly as possible.

NWESports

Smash Rookie
How do I remove or change the date of an event? I have a tournament that I run but want to swap the dates around. Is that possible with the current system? Thanks!

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
How do you delete a forum thread? Because I made a huge mistake on one I've made and I want to get rid of it as quickly as possible.
Link me.
How do I remove or change the date of an event? I have a tournament that I run but want to swap the dates around. Is that possible with the current system? Thanks!
Link me.

Why_wobble

Smash Rookie
Where do I ask for someone here to mentor me for smash4 on the 3ds? I don't have a wii U and want to become better at it. also if it helps I main cloud.
You need to get a Wii u this is the only really competitive version but now you'd better get a switch

How do I create a thread I'm confused

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Gifting used to be something we could do before the site upgrade to Xenforo 2. Unfortunately, gifting was lost in the update.
Super super late reply, but out of curiosity, was that a plug-in for Xenforo? If so, would it be possible to rewrite it if given the time?
Not that I'm asking anyone to or anything.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Super super late reply, but out of curiosity, was that a plug-in for Xenforo? If so, would it be possible to rewrite it if given the time?
Not that I'm asking anyone to or anything.
It was a plug-in, yes, one of like a dozen pre-update plug-ins which currently aren't compatible with XenForo v2. I'm not familiar with the plug-in in question so I don't know how much work would be needed to fix it, but in theory it should be possible, yeah.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Whatever happened to the mentorship program? I remembered it being a thing back in the Brawl days but it just sorta vanished and I never really know what came up.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
On forums where signatures aren't allowed, how do I disable my sig?
Some people have already told me that it's fine to leave it in most of the time, but I just want to make sure that I at least know how to disable it just in case. I don't know if the option to disable sigs was removed in a previous update. . . .​
Sigs only appear once per page. Sigs can be disabled via account preferences page.

TimG57867

Smash Ace
Okay since nobody reciprocated my request, new question:

How could I contact a moderator?

LH LH

Smash Cadet
Hello. Could I make a thread for Kirby hats akin to the stock icon submission thread or the series icon submission thread? People share Kirby hats they made or share others as long as they have permission. As far as I can see one doesn’t exist yet and I am pretty new to smashboards so if I am allowed help would be much appreciated

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Hello. Could I make a thread for Kirby hats akin to the stock icon submission thread or the series icon submission thread? People share Kirby hats they made or share others as long as they have permission. As far as I can see one doesn’t exist yet and I am pretty new to smashboards so if I am allowed help would be much appreciated
I'm not quite understanding....

Is this an art thing or something else?

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer

Ez Quinn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EZ Quinn
3DS FC
2810-2492-6140
Switch FC
8449-9291-0216
What’s the purpose of the green triangle shady thing at the top of profile pics for?
And why do some people have that as opposed to others who don’t ?

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
What’s the purpose of the green triangle shady thing at the top of profile pics for?
And why do some people have that as opposed to others who don’t ?
It indicates that that user is currently online. If it's not there, the user is either offline or has their online status hidden.

Ez Quinn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EZ Quinn
3DS FC
2810-2492-6140
Switch FC
8449-9291-0216
Ok cool, Is there a link to like to The trophy points this site uses too (like some kind of guide to get them or something), just been thinking about the system and how it works

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

is there a way to change my age

wanna list it but i marked myself as 20 even though i'm 21

Top Bottom