• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

D

Deleted member

It still says you are 20.....
i don't know how to do math

you see i thought i was 21 for the past like two months because at some point i was like "wait how old am i again" "oh yeah 2019 - 1998= 21"

the consequences of spending birthdays alone and having nobody to remind you if anything

at least i don't drink or i would be in decent trouble

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i don't know how to do math

you see i thought i was 21 for the past like two months because at some point i was like "wait how old am i again" "oh yeah 2019 - 1998= 21"

the consequences of spending birthdays alone and having nobody to remind you if anything

at least i don't drink or i would be in decent trouble
I'm conflicted. I wanted to laugh at the first half, then I felt bad reading the second half, then I read the top part again and wanted to laugh which made me feel bad because of the bottom half.

D

Deleted member

I'm conflicted. I wanted to laugh at the first half, then I felt bad reading the second half, then I read the top part again and wanted to laugh which made me feel bad because of the bottom half.
story of my life cyn

Dan

Smash Lord
Egomaniacal question: when hovering a profile, is 'Likes' the amount of times said user has "liked" posts, or the amount of times their posts have been "liked"?

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Egomaniacal question: when hovering a profile, is 'Likes' the amount of times said user has "liked" posts, or the amount of times their posts have been "liked"?
Posts that have been liked of theirs.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Why were huge sections of the Smash Boards removed like the Art Emporium? When and why did this happen?

EDIT: I found the art section now. Couldn't find it at first.

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
How do I write thread titles in bold text?
Sorry, I know that this is a really simple question, but I can't seem to figure it out XD. Does it happen to be a premium thing?​
Thread titles don't have bold/underline/italicize etc status. A thread is bold on the thread listing when it has posts that haven't been read by your account, and is not bold when all posts have been read.

BigShad

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0602-6501-8253
Hey, I tried googling and other forms of searching this question so sorry if this has been asked and answered before.
When you make a poll as the head of a thread, how do you edit it to be an entirely new one? On my Kunio support thread, I had a previous poll asking if people were gonna buy River City Girls, and now I wanna change it to "Are you enjoying/did you enjoy River City Girls?"

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Hey, I tried googling and other forms of searching this question so sorry if this has been asked and answered before.
When you make a poll as the head of a thread, how do you edit it to be an entirely new one? On my Kunio support thread, I had a previous poll asking if people were gonna buy River City Girls, and now I wanna change it to "Are you enjoying/did you enjoy River City Girls?"
Poll editing is a moderator-only feature here on Smashboards. We're generally happy to help if you want a new poll, within reason (a daily new poll would be a bit much, as an example)
A few ways to get in contact with us:
Use the Report feature on your own post (assuming you are the thread owner) with the details of the new poll.
Checking the Moderator Listing for the given subforum (found by appending /moderators to the URL of the subforum) and getting in contact with one of the moderators for that forum.
Private messaging any Super Moderator

I am happy to edit your poll for you if you specify the title, options, and if you want multiple choice.

BigShad

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0602-6501-8253
Thanks for the clarification, and think you could change my poll please? If you don't mind me dropping the specifications in this thread...

Title: If you've completed River City Girls, did you enjoy it overall?

Options:
I loved it!
I liked it!
It was pretty so-so.
I didn't really like it.
Refund when?

No multiple choice.

And here's the thread link in question.

Last edited:

dilliam

Smash Rookie
I'm working on a Smash tabletop game, and want to make a thread for it. Where should I put the thread?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Thanks for the clarification, and think you could change my poll please? If you don't mind me dropping the specifications in this thread...

Title: If you've completed River City Girls, did you enjoy it overall?

Options:
I loved it!
I liked it!
It was pretty so-so.
I didn't really like it.
Refund when?

No multiple choice.

And here's the thread link in question.
Done!

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'm working on a Smash tabletop game, and want to make a thread for it. Where should I put the thread?
Hey there sorry for missing your post yesterday. If you're working on a game of your own, your best bet is probably going to be Arts & Creativity. Note that usually we like to see some demonstrable progress on a game before making a thread about it. An idea is one thing, if you have some mechanics and content fleshed out there's a lot more to discuss there.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
With Terry most likely releasing tomorrow, can we please get a Terry flair?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
With Terry most likely releasing tomorrow, can we please get a Terry flair?
I'm happy to see you're excited about Terry's release. We're working on supporting Terry icon/post background at the moment, I'll try to update here when we get it.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
One of my discord friends is trying to make a Smashboards account, but he keeps getting a message that says: "Oops! We ran into some problems. Your account has been rejected." He has never been on the site before so it's been confusing both of us. What is going on and why can't he make an account?

Edit: sorry, fixed.

Last edited:

TipperTheScales

Smash Apprentice
NNID
31ghtb1ts3rvant
3DS FC
3437-3163-4791
Have a question re manually tagging a user (and I don't know if I have the patience to search all instances of [user=ID] through 169 pages):

I've tried a few times without success to manually tag a user whose username has multiple words separated by spaces (see: my post 384107 in Geno thread for Shadow Star DX, despite following the guide for how to use USER bbcode. The text fro the relevant Help page states that members are usually tagged by MENTIONing them, however there doesn't seem to be a clear indication how I can do this with my current display/post settings (and as far as I can tell there's no obvious Mention option on other members' posts).

I tend to switch between mobile and desktop to access and post so ideally I would prefer a method which is limited to just text + bbcode as appropriate, however if I could be directed to a simple point-and-click part of the interface that lets me mention a user directly that would be dandy~

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Have a question re manually tagging a user (and I don't know if I have the patience to search all instances of [user=ID] through 169 pages):

I've tried a few times without success to manually tag a user whose username has multiple words separated by spaces (see: my post 384107 in Geno thread for Shadow Star DX, despite following the guide for how to use USER bbcode. The text fro the relevant Help page states that members are usually tagged by MENTIONing them, however there doesn't seem to be a clear indication how I can do this with my current display/post settings (and as far as I can tell there's no obvious Mention option on other members' posts).

I tend to switch between mobile and desktop to access and post so ideally I would prefer a method which is limited to just text + bbcode as appropriate, however if I could be directed to a simple point-and-click part of the interface that lets me mention a user directly that would be dandy~
The tag seems to have worked from my perspective. Tags don't always show the user's avatar, it's a bit of a weird quirk with our forum software. Worth noting is that the alert a user receives when they are tagged will only happen if the tag is in the original post, it can't be edited in.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
For some reason when I try to comment in the RTC thread, the text that I type will delete any text that is in front of it instead of creating a space like usual. It's only happening in that thread as I'm able to type this message out without any issue. The insert key being pressed is not the cause of it since I toggled it multiple times and can write anywhere else online without any issue. I tried deleting my draft and refreshing the page but I still can't type normally on that thread.

EDIT: For some reason the issue is fixed now. I have no idea what was happening or what caused it.

Last edited:

LuckyCandy7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LuckyCandy7
Is there any chance Social Groups are ever going to be brought back? I saw this thread from a year and a half ago where Warchamp7 said that social groups were lost in an update but that they were still archived. Alternatively if groups are not coming back would it be possible for me to request the data for a specific group I was in with my friends from a few years ago (nostalgia reasons)?

Thanks!

JBGrasshopper

Smash Rookie
What forum is perfect to post the following question in

Hi im new to this forums and i have a dream

when im in college and have all the materials i need (The Unity engine, a team, other programs. (please don't turn this thread into a warzone just because i said this) and (if it happens, its more likely when, concedering the backlash against human meggy and how SMG4 responds to criticism well IMO), meggys an inkling again) I plan to make a offical Super smash bros lawl game featuring not just my picks from the SMG4 cast and a commities favorite choices from all lawl spinoffs, but also my own lawl spin-off characters

but thats the problem. I dont know HOW to make a lawl moveset properly. and i like 3 people to teach me how: Shadbad2 (Creator Of Lawl Beatdown), Shrekles (Creator Of Lawl Aureus) and Luis SaladBar (Creator Of Lawl Assult) who have created my favorite movesets

but then i came up with an idea: for these 3 creators to collaberate to create a set of tutorials on how to both Design (as in finding the right moves and mechanics and such), and develop (as in animating those said movesets) movesets for people who wish to get into lawl spinoff creating

But heres the thing: i dont know HOW to access them, as they dont have any other social media accounts that I can verify, so here is my question

can someone please give me/ suggest ways for me to reach out to them so that they can teach me their ways?
and if either their is no other way, OR if this is too convoulted(?) then can you link me to the perfect guides to making lawl movesets?

sorry for too many spelling and grammor errors

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
how do u get ranks? like i am smash rookie and stuff
Q: What are the different titles I can attain? When do I stop being a Smash Rookie?!

A: Here are the titles and their associated post counts:
  • Smash Rookie (0-24 posts)
  • Smash Cadet (25-74 posts)
  • Smash Apprentice (75-199 posts)
  • Smash Journeyman (200-499 posts)
  • Smash Ace (500-999 posts)
  • Smash Lord (1000-1999 posts)
  • Smash Champion (2000-2999 posts)
  • Smash Master (3000-4999 posts)
  • Smash Hero (5000-9999 posts)
  • Smash Legend (10000-19999 posts)
  • Smash Obsessed (20000-49999 posts)
  • Smash Unicorn (50000+)
Custom titles are only attainable through purchasing a premium account.

Top Bottom