• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

Animedan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Animedanwastaken
Is there an age limit for tournaments? (my 11 year old brother wants to go to a tournament with me.)

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Is there an age limit for tournaments? (my 11 year old brother wants to go to a tournament with me.)
Not usually.

After tournament meets might have age restrictions though. It's up to tournament organizer/meet organizer but pretty much never is there age limits.

We had one dude who bought his 12 year old son and we rigged the bracket for him and told him he won the tournament, lol

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
It is probably best to ask the tournament organizers if the individual is below 13. It shouldn't be a problem but I believe some tournaments may have different rules regarding age restrictions. I don7t think its usually the case though. As Aero said, some after tournament events might be more mature depending on the activities.

Last edited:

mixa

Banned via Warnings
why is it so hard to make posts look nice
why by simply switching to no-rich-text mode i lose all my links
why do i have to edit big posts in that no-rich-text mode
why [url= etc is not consistent
why can't you make a table function that works
why do you keep changing the table function
why smashboards
why

editing stuff is almost therapeutic for me but goddamnit it's frustrating in here

(yes im ingrateful i dont know about how much work you put into blabla and all that)

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
why is it so hard to make posts look nice
Because you don't use enough line breaks.
why by simply switching to no-rich-text mode i lose all my links
Because it removes hyperlink formatting.
why do i have to edit big posts in that no-rich-text mode
BECAUSE YOUR POST IS TOO ****ING BIG
why [url etc is not consistent
It is? I don't know of any problems with it currently.
why can't you make a table function that works
It does?
why do you keep changing the table function
It hasn't been changed?
why smashboards
idk
i said man, idk :c

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

Rage NF

Smash Lord
NNID
RageNF
Hello there I really need help my question is this first I finish edit my post but then my post do not go down as last edited, the other users post do go down but mine don't go so is it something I miss it or what I do?

thanks

Last edited:

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.

I am seeing a "Last edited" in the bottom right corner, is that what you are talking about? Every time a user edits their post, it will display the "Last edited" message.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I remember a page that displayed all the trophies one could earn here on SB. Where is that?

Fuhrmaaj

Smash Rookie
I'm not a player, but I'm interested in becoming one. I need to get everything set up. I have never owned a Gamecube or newer, so ELI5 please.
Is there a chat for this forum (IRC, chatango, etc.) and where does one usually find it?
Do players typically play on a Gamecube or on a different device?
How does one procure said device?

I might be limited to playing on a computer because I don't have anybody to play with as of yet. Assuming I typically play computer games, but am willing to learn any controller:

Which is the best controller to use? (reliability, availability, cost, function ,etc.)
Which adaptor is the best? (reliability, input delay, etc.)
What is the best monitor/TV I could use? I saw a lot of discussion here that CRTs are the best, but I doubt I could get something set up to let my computer interface with a CRT so what is my best alternative?

Thanks a lot to anyone who can help me!

edit: used wrong tags for bolding, should be fixed now

Last edited:

Jacob29

Smash Ace
Can you please get rid of the intrusive Titanfall advert that covers the ENTIRE SCREEN.

Honestly it's a joke. I actually do turn adblock off for this website as I want to help but it's really hard when a massive advert covers my entire monitor and takes about 10 seconds before I can close it for some unknown reason.

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
Is there some sort of tradition of completely ignoring new users here? I can't help but notice that, despite contributing what most would consider interesting and well thought-out posts, nobody seems to even recognize that I said anything. I get no responses while mundane, normal conversation gets four or five responses, not to mention I posted something in one popular thread and got one or two likes, then six posts down and two hours later a more established user posted the same exact thing and got seven likes...

Yes, I'm mostly using this post to vent my n00b frustration, but I am genuinely interested in whether or not this is normal on the site.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Is there some sort of tradition of completely ignoring new users here? I can't help but notice that, despite contributing what most would consider interesting and well thought-out posts, nobody seems to even recognize that I said anything. I get no responses while mundane, normal conversation gets four or five responses, not to mention I posted something in one popular thread and got one or two likes, then six posts down and two hours later a more established user posted the same exact thing and got seven likes...

Yes, I'm mostly using this post to vent my n00b frustration, but I am genuinely interested in whether or not this is normal on the site.
There is no such tradition - if you begin to post thoughtful responses that add to discussion, like all message boards, it is (eventually) noticed. I would caution against judging based on only a few posts.

Welcome to the boards and I hope you both contribute too, and gain insight from, discussion.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
Noticed this section of the Personal Details area.

When do you guys think this'll have any affect? Is it in the works still, or waiting until Smash 4's released? Just curious.

yessi

Smash Ace
NNID
Chonglers
Is there another way of cancelling my account's subscription? The regular way takes me to the PayPal website and I forgot my account and password. I only really wanted it to change my username.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Noticed this section of the Personal Details area.

When do you guys think this'll have any affect? Is it in the works still, or waiting until Smash 4's released? Just curious.
If you're a premium member, you are given the option to put a watermark of the selected character's SSB4 artwork in the background of your posts.

Also, other people can check your mains (for all 4 games) in your profile, so it's not completely unused.

Gatlin

Why hello all, I'm new here. I had no idea where to start posting, so was this the best place?
Hiya~

Probably not a bad place to start, especially since you actually asked a question! :p

http://smashboards.com/forums/welcome-center.231/ - Also in the Welcome Center section you should see an introduction thread, which is completely optional for if you'd just like to say a few things about yourself. Also in the section, we have the Smashboards Arena, which is where you can request to play Brawl on wifi with others. IF you are actually into Brawl that is.

^ You can also highlight your name in the top right corner and go to Personal Preferences to add your friend codes and whatnot to help make adding and versing people easier. It's also a good way to show off which characters you play. As you will see you can also add your main character for each individual game, which will then display an icon of said-character below your avatar.

If you are more into playing in person with others, make sure to connect with the people in your Regional Zone, get to know them and meet up for some friendlies or tournament events. If you haven't done so before, I highly recommend it as it's a lot of fun.

Or, if you are more into just discussing the games, each has their own section available in the Forum List.

Welcome and hope to see you around~
Bowser btw <3

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
It would be best if you described the problem with more detail. Just saying.
I was going to try and show a screenshot of it here but I can't. Basically, some smilies tabs have messed up emotes. It's similar to Bane84's post a few posts above, but with emotes.

The Pokemon Gen1, 2, Brawl Characters and Other tabs are perfectly fine. The rest have incorrect emotes for example, the 64 emotes have some distorted Classic emotes. It's quite annoying because when other people use these smiles on the site, I see the incorrect ones. Some smilies have half of 2 different smiles together.

This happened right after Warchamp added the Pokemon Smilies. It's only affecting my PC since my phone shows it properly.

Last edited:

jfed8888

Smash Cadet
Hi! For some reason, when I try to upload more than one picture to a post, it says, "You may not upload any more files with this message. You may attach 1 files in total." Is there any way to fix this? Thanks in advance!

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Hi! For some reason, when I try to upload more than one picture to a post, it says, "You may not upload any more files with this message. You may attach 1 files in total." Is there any way to fix this? Thanks in advance!
Yeah, the site doesn't let you attach more than 1 image. You can instead embed them though, just use an image hosting site (like imgur.com) and copy the link it gives you with [ img]

Last edited:

jfed8888

Smash Cadet
Yeah, the site doesn't let you attach more than 1 image. You can instead embed them though, just use an image hosting site (like imgur.com) and copy the link it gives you with [ img]
Alrighty then, thanks!

Gatlin

Is there a way to move a thread to a different sub forum?
Yes, you can contact either the moderator of the board where the thread is located, or ask any Super Moderator or higher rank to move it for you.

Animedan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Animedanwastaken
How is one able to participate in competitive smash without having tons of late work in school?

Gatlin

All nighters, energy drinks, teachers that don't give a lot of homework, the ability to not procrastinate, super powers, etc.

Top Bottom