• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
So me, superboomfan, and mariguas are traveling to Peru this summer to play with the best 64 player(s) in the world. I want to record or stream the matches. what equipment should i use? is chibo on this site?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Ok

Is there a shortcut on the bar for a. Link in word form

Like a single word being a link.
Highlight the text you want to turn into a link, then click on the "Link" button on the text editor (it has a chain link icon). Next, enter the URL you want to link to. Click "Insert" and you're done!

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
@ ndayday ndayday Just in case i'Il find the time to open such thread, in which section should I post it?
I'm honestly not sure and on second thought it might not really warrant its own thread. perhaps in Regional Zones after talking to a mod there?
So me, superboomfan, and mariguas are traveling to Peru this summer to play with the best 64 player(s) in the world. I want to record or stream the matches. what equipment should i use? is chibo on this site?
@ChiboSempai yes
It depends on your set up really.
Is there a place where people new to Smash can get lessons, and things of that nature?
Are you looking for a particular game or just in general? There used to be a sort of tutoring program here but it pretty much died. These boards are certainly not short on written guides on pretty much everything in Smash though.

Rosalina & Luma

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0791-3570-2002
I'm honestly not sure and on second thought it might not really warrant its own thread. perhaps in Regional Zones after talking to a mod there?

@ChiboSempai yes
It depends on your set up really.

Are you looking for a particular game or just in general? There used to be a sort of tutoring program here but it pretty much died. These boards are certainly not short on written guides on pretty much everything in Smash though.
In general, I'd like to eventually become a competitive player in SSB4.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Is there any particular time frame for a thread being inactive that causes a post to be considered a necropost? If so, are relevant additions an exception to that rule? I searched around but couldn't find anything.

Last edited:

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Is there any particular time frame for a thread being inactive that causes a post to be considered a necropost? If so, are relevant additions an exception to that rule? I searched around but couldn't find anything.
In my humble opinion, I usually don't care if people bump an older thread IF they have something of actual value to add. Bumping a thread to say "Lol, I agree yo" is entirely unnecessary and doesn't actually offer any relevant input to the thread's topic whatsoever. If you actually have a logical post at hand and it has valid points of discussion that may have been missed which can spark legitimate new discussion, then I feel it is fine to bump a thread to post it.

The only exception I would think in terms of thread bumps is if a thread is like years old. I have had people bump threads from like 2009, 2007, etc and it's like: Why? Threads that are that old, and have been dead for that long, I feel there is no legitimate point of discussion that could be made to revive it, seeing as any point of discussion you could make about a 5 year old topic is probably already widely known and irrelevant by now.

fenyx4

Smash Journeyman
Hello... I'm having trouble with the formatting of one of my posts. Some of the pictures it contains are a bit large, so I tried to implement spoilers in order to encase the pictures. However, I'm getting a lot of weird "invisible spoilers" next to a lot of the pictures - my intent was only to have 1 "spoiler box" encase each picture where necessary, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong... On most other forums, I type "spoiler" CONTENT "/spoiler" in order to make a spoiler box.. I've seen other people typing "collapse" CONTENT "/collapse" to achieve the same effect of spoiler-tagging, and I'm unsure if there's a difference between them. I've tried using both "spoiler" and "collapse" in the coding of my post, and the error still persists.

Furthermore, is there some type of toolbar button (next to "bold, italic, underline", etc.) that automatically creates spoiler tags over highlighted text/content? I've seen such buttons on other forums, but I've tried looking for one and haven't seen a similar button.. :(

Thanks in advance for assistance!

Last edited:

ndayday

BRoomer
Hello... I'm having trouble with the formatting of one of my posts. Some of the pictures it contains are a bit large, so I tried to implement spoilers in order to encase the pictures. However, I'm getting a lot of weird "invisible spoilers" next to a lot of the pictures - my intent was only to have 1 "spoiler box" encase each picture where necessary, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong... On most other forums, I type "spoiler" CONTENT "/spoiler" in order to make a spoiler box.. I've seen other people typing "collapse" CONTENT "/collapse" to achieve the same effect of spoiler-tagging, and I'm unsure if there's a difference between them. I've tried using both "spoiler" and "collapse" in the coding of my post, and the error still persists.

Furthermore, is there some type of toolbar button (next to "bold, italic, underline", etc.) that automatically creates spoiler tags over highlighted text/content? I've seen such buttons on other forums, but I've tried looking for one and haven't seen a similar button.. :(

Thanks in advance for assistance!
I'm glad I can actually help you here. Inside your collapse tag add a bunch of empty lines at the very end. It's pretty counter-intuitive but it's just something weird, I believe the spoiler boxes are a plugin for this forum software so they don't really work that great. I believe that's also the reason there's no spoiler option in the toolbar.

fenyx4

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad I can actually help you here. Inside your collapse tag add a bunch of empty lines at the very end. It's pretty counter-intuitive but it's just something weird, I believe the spoiler boxes are a plugin for this forum software so they don't really work that great. I believe that's also the reason there's no spoiler option in the toolbar.
Thank you for your prompt reply. I tried adding empty lines within the various collapse tags (and some extra empty lines at the end of the entire post, for good measure), but the "extra/ghost spoiler tags" are still appearing (although the empty space now appears within the pictures). I did a forced refreshing/reloading of the page, but the issue remained.. I might try waiting some minutes to see if the system resolves itself..?

Thanks for the info about the spoiler tags... It's unfortunate that the plug-in has this type of problem and lacks a dedicated toolbar button; hopefully, those issues can be rectified at some point..

**As a side-note, although I don't plan to do this often, is there a way for users to delete/remove their own posts, like if they double-posted by accident..?

(Thanks in advance for the help.)

Last edited by a moderator:

ndayday

BRoomer
Thank you for your prompt reply. I tried adding empty lines within the various collapse tags (and some extra empty lines at the end of the entire post, for good measure), but the "extra/ghost spoiler tags" are still appearing (although the empty space now appears within the pictures). I did a forced refreshing/reloading of the page, but the issue remained.. I might try waiting some minutes to see if the system resolves itself..?

Thanks for the info about the spoiler tags... It's unfortunate that the plug-in has this type of problem and lacks a dedicated toolbar button; hopefully, those issues can be rectified at some point..

**As a side-note, although I don't plan to do this often, is there a way for users to delete/remove their own posts, like if they double-posted by accident..?

(Thanks in advance for the help.)
I promise I just got on, I'm not stalking this thread :p

I figured out the problem, it wasn't what I said previously. Basically if you click the BB code editor (very top right on toolbar, not attached to anything else) you would see that you had a mess of BB code in that post. Not sure exactly why it causes the spoilers to split like that but after removing the unneeded bbcode (it was basically just a lot of 'b' (bold) tags) it works fine.

I'll paste the fixed post right in these spoilers; just hit "reply" and then copy and paste everything inside, all formatting etc. should be preserved.

To answer your second question, no, only because members could use it to post explicit images etc. and then delete their posts/delete their own posts for no reason/etc. If you make a second post by accident or the boards glitched out and did it just edit that post saying 'oops' or 'dumb forum' or whatever and you won't be penalized, could even report it if you wanted and a mod will take care of it for you.

Reference: Skyward Sword civilian clothes Link

Wow; the newly-announced "The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword civilian clothes"-based alternate semi-costume (it's apparently classified as a palette/texture swap", although it's a more-detailed variant) reminded me of all of the Super Smash Bros. Brawl texture hacks that I've seen over the years.. XD Although this particular alternate costume wasn't one of my top wishlist requests, it's nice to see it make it in (I was instantly reminded of Fierce Deity Link, probably because of the tribal-esque markings...). I hope it stays for future installments of Super Smash Bros. (instead of just being in for only Super Smash Bros. 4 because Skyward Sword is the most recent non-remake Legend of Zelda home console game), particularly since it probably took a bit of work to realize it in comparison to the typical red/blue/green/purple palette swaps. Although it would've been neat to see the developers go the whole way in regards to a "Skyward Sword civilian outfit costume" (as in, alternate costume instead of palette swap), I feel like this is a nice compromise. Additionally, Link would just seem weird and not "battle-ready" if he lacked his trademark hat, at least in my opinion. XD I'm surprised this outfit made in it at all compared to the more-often-requested (at least from my experience) Magic Armor and Zora Armor outfits.

..On the other hand, the presence of this outfit is going to make it all the more irritating if the Magic Armor and Zora Armor outfits (both of which I would like to see replace the plain Red Tunic and Blue Tunic palette swaps, respectively) from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess don't make it into the game as similar "alternate semi-costumes". In terms of costume changing, I would think that the colored+embellished Tunics would've taken priority over the civilian outfits.. And considering that a few texture hacks have done a decent job incorporating the Magic and Zora Armors in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, it's not like the feat is impossible..

And from the Super Smash Bros. wiki:

Unless Link's Red Tunic and Purple/Lavender Tunic get a substantial redesign from the demo versions prior to the release of Super Smash Bros. 4, I'm afraid that Magic Armor and Zora Armor will be missing in action once again.. T_T

I'm averse to the Hyrule Warriors Link becoming a costume mainly because I perceive it as "Link in Green Tunic, except with a fancy scarf" (not saying that the scarf is bad; I just feel like it doesn't add much and you might as well use "Green Tunic" Link to represent all of the Green Tunic variations), reminding me of all of Sonic the Hedgehog's alternate costumes from Brawl. Additionally, I'm not a fan of the Ocarina of Time Adult Link alternate costumes because it seems like a Tunic change would be implemented before the occurrence of a change to a model that isn't even being used primarily for Super Smash Bros. 4.

My "alternate costume wishlist" for Link (basically, take all of Super Smash Bros. Brawl's outfits for Link, modify Red Tunic and Blue Tunic accordingly, and I'm set):
Green - Hero's Clothes Link from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess pretty much every Legend of Zelda game ever

Red - Magic Armor Link from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
--I'd prefer it if this design replaced the standard "Red Tunic" palette swap, since it's essentially an embellished Red Tunic design.

Blue - Zora Armor Link from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
--I'd prefer it if this design replaced the standard "Blue Tunic" palette swap, since it's essentially an embellished Blue Tunic design and makes more sense - being a much more logical design for traversing underwater depths.

Purple - "Purple Tunic" Link from The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords
--although the current implementation from the E3 2014 Super Smash Bros. 4 demo looks a little bright for my tastes, I feel like it should be included somehow.

Black - Dark Interloper/Dark Link from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
--Although I loved "Black Tunic" Link from Super Smash Bros. Melee, Twilight Princess and Super Smash Bros. Brawl nailed this design/implementation.

Gold - "Augmented Attack Strength" Link (whenever Link consumes Golden Chu Jelly or Great Fairy's Tears) from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTIuVu_rLug

-why is a picture/video of this strengthened form of Link so hard to find? >_> T_T
--I loved Super Smash Bros. Brawl's implementation of the design, although I'm wondering if it would look too similar to a potential Magic Armor Link costume, which makes considerable use of gold and black adornments..

-----

Other costumes that I'm interested in but don't necessarily need:

White - Fierce Deity Link from The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
--originally, I was on the fence about this design because "purple Link" has seemed light enough to pass for a white tunic, making this costume seem somewhat redundant. Since Super Smash Bros. 4 made the purple look more "purple" instead of "really light purple/purple-white", I'd be open to a Fierce Deity Link costume change (although it would probably be the one requiring the most work due to the decals and irregular sword).

White2/Gray? - Knight-In-Training/Soldier from Hyrule Warriors OR The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess:
--(Not sure of the proper name.) I like this idea standalone, but it seems somewhat plain if I consider it alongside Fierce Deity Link... Anyways, as others have mentioned, Link's "standard soldier" outfit from Hyrule Warriors or the Soldier outfit from Twilight Princess could look interesting, being a simple change of pace from all of the other Tunics which seem to be important in some way.

Finally, if we have to keep the "standard palette swap of tunic" alternate costumes for the Red and Blue Tunic, can we please make Blue Tunic Link's boots brown? The purple shoes always seemed to clash with the blue tunics, in my opinion..

Last edited:

fenyx4

Smash Journeyman
I promise I just got on, I'm not stalking this thread :p

I figured out the problem, it wasn't what I said previously. Basically if you click the BB code editor (very top right on toolbar, not attached to anything else) you would see that you had a mess of BB code in that post. Not sure exactly why it causes the spoilers to split like that but after removing the unneeded bbcode (it was basically just a lot of 'b' (bold) tags) it works fine.

I'll paste the fixed post right in these spoilers; just hit "reply" and then copy and paste everything inside, all formatting etc. should be preserved.

To answer your second question, no, only because members could use it to post explicit images etc. and then delete their posts/delete their own posts for no reason/etc. If you make a second post by accident or the boards glitched out and did it just edit that post saying 'oops' or 'dumb forum' or whatever and you won't be penalized, could even report it if you wanted and a mod will take care of it for you.

Reference: Skyward Sword civilian clothes Link

Wow; the newly-announced "The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword civilian clothes"-based alternate semi-costume (it's apparently classified as a palette/texture swap", although it's a more-detailed variant) reminded me of all of the Super Smash Bros. Brawl texture hacks that I've seen over the years.. XD Although this particular alternate costume wasn't one of my top wishlist requests, it's nice to see it make it in (I was instantly reminded of Fierce Deity Link, probably because of the tribal-esque markings...). I hope it stays for future installments of Super Smash Bros. (instead of just being in for only Super Smash Bros. 4 because Skyward Sword is the most recent non-remake Legend of Zelda home console game), particularly since it probably took a bit of work to realize it in comparison to the typical red/blue/green/purple palette swaps. Although it would've been neat to see the developers go the whole way in regards to a "Skyward Sword civilian outfit costume" (as in, alternate costume instead of palette swap), I feel like this is a nice compromise. Additionally, Link would just seem weird and not "battle-ready" if he lacked his trademark hat, at least in my opinion. XD I'm surprised this outfit made in it at all compared to the more-often-requested (at least from my experience) Magic Armor and Zora Armor outfits.

..On the other hand, the presence of this outfit is going to make it all the more irritating if the Magic Armor and Zora Armor outfits (both of which I would like to see replace the plain Red Tunic and Blue Tunic palette swaps, respectively) from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess don't make it into the game as similar "alternate semi-costumes". In terms of costume changing, I would think that the colored+embellished Tunics would've taken priority over the civilian outfits.. And considering that a few texture hacks have done a decent job incorporating the Magic and Zora Armors in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, it's not like the feat is impossible..

And from the Super Smash Bros. wiki:

Unless Link's Red Tunic and Purple/Lavender Tunic get a substantial redesign from the demo versions prior to the release of Super Smash Bros. 4, I'm afraid that Magic Armor and Zora Armor will be missing in action once again.. T_T

I'm averse to the Hyrule Warriors Link becoming a costume mainly because I perceive it as "Link in Green Tunic, except with a fancy scarf" (not saying that the scarf is bad; I just feel like it doesn't add much and you might as well use "Green Tunic" Link to represent all of the Green Tunic variations), reminding me of all of Sonic the Hedgehog's alternate costumes from Brawl. Additionally, I'm not a fan of the Ocarina of Time Adult Link alternate costumes because it seems like a Tunic change would be implemented before the occurrence of a change to a model that isn't even being used primarily for Super Smash Bros. 4.

My "alternate costume wishlist" for Link (basically, take all of Super Smash Bros. Brawl's outfits for Link, modify Red Tunic and Blue Tunic accordingly, and I'm set):
Green - Hero's Clothes Link from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess pretty much every Legend of Zelda game ever

Red - Magic Armor Link from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
--I'd prefer it if this design replaced the standard "Red Tunic" palette swap, since it's essentially an embellished Red Tunic design.

Blue - Zora Armor Link from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
--I'd prefer it if this design replaced the standard "Blue Tunic" palette swap, since it's essentially an embellished Blue Tunic design and makes more sense - being a much more logical design for traversing underwater depths.

Purple - "Purple Tunic" Link from The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords
--although the current implementation from the E3 2014 Super Smash Bros. 4 demo looks a little bright for my tastes, I feel like it should be included somehow.

Black - Dark Interloper/Dark Link from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
--Although I loved "Black Tunic" Link from Super Smash Bros. Melee, Twilight Princess and Super Smash Bros. Brawl nailed this design/implementation.

Gold - "Augmented Attack Strength" Link (whenever Link consumes Golden Chu Jelly or Great Fairy's Tears) from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTIuVu_rLug

-why is a picture/video of this strengthened form of Link so hard to find? >_> T_T
--I loved Super Smash Bros. Brawl's implementation of the design, although I'm wondering if it would look too similar to a potential Magic Armor Link costume, which makes considerable use of gold and black adornments..

-----

Other costumes that I'm interested in but don't necessarily need:

White - Fierce Deity Link from The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
--originally, I was on the fence about this design because "purple Link" has seemed light enough to pass for a white tunic, making this costume seem somewhat redundant. Since Super Smash Bros. 4 made the purple look more "purple" instead of "really light purple/purple-white", I'd be open to a Fierce Deity Link costume change (although it would probably be the one requiring the most work due to the decals and irregular sword).

White2/Gray? - Knight-In-Training/Soldier from Hyrule Warriors OR The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess:
--(Not sure of the proper name.) I like this idea standalone, but it seems somewhat plain if I consider it alongside Fierce Deity Link... Anyways, as others have mentioned, Link's "standard soldier" outfit from Hyrule Warriors or the Soldier outfit from Twilight Princess could look interesting, being a simple change of pace from all of the other Tunics which seem to be important in some way.

Finally, if we have to keep the "standard palette swap of tunic" alternate costumes for the Red and Blue Tunic, can we please make Blue Tunic Link's boots brown? The purple shoes always seemed to clash with the blue tunics, in my opinion..

LOL; no problems. :p Thank you so much; the altered post works! :happysheep: Ah...that makes a little sense; when I was originally editing the post, I was trying to boldface certain parts...additionally, when I was copying-and-pasting the boldfaced "/collapse" code to use in other areas of the post, the posted version's font strangely became bold and took on the "Arial Black" font appearance instead of the standard font appearance I usually see in my posts. I might have to watch out for potential errors like that more often when I make use of the boldfacing feature in the future, in addition to double-checking for the presence of unnecessary BB Code..

Hmm, although I've seen the policy of own-post deletion vary a bit from forum to forum, that explanation makes sense (I'm presuming so that members are held more accountable for posts/there's 'proof' of some sort if need be); glad to hear that the process for "accidental/double-post removal" is still simplified via reporting, etc.

In any case, thanks again for all of the tremendous help! :)

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Is there any way to tell what forums moderators are responsible for?

Nevermind, found it

Last edited:

Kirby98

Smash Cadet
I have a few questions.

Is there a place in the forums for making polls? I wanted to make a poll for everyone's speculation before Monday's character announcement!

I can't find a place for general discussions! Is there ever one around here?

This place is a total missed up nightmare, is there no place for sharing art, comics, fan game ideas or even sharing downloads to the fans here to try out my work?

I haven't been getting much of this site, I am still not happy with the arrangements of this missed up place, is there an EXIT button somewhere? I don't even know why I am here in the first place it's just aggravating!! :( LOL

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I have a few questions.

Is there a place in the forums for making polls? I wanted to make a poll for everyone's speculation before Monday's character announcement!

Generally, the Smash 4 sub-forums are strictly moderated due to the high amount of traffic it receives daily. Polls concerning topics that are addressed in other threads are typically not allowed. It would look pretty cluttered and awful if 80 people had poll threads asking the same question. You can always take your question to the appropriate thread and see how others respond. There isn't a section of the site dedicated to polls.

If you feel a thread was wrongfully closed, feel free to bring it to the Forum Support. But, sadly, we do not allow threads solely for polls or rosters.

If you have a question regarding a thread, please send myself or another moderator a message asking if the thread is ok to post.

I can't find a place for general discussions! Is there ever one around here?

What you are looking for is the Pool Room.
http://smashboards.com/forums/pool-room.10/
This place is a total missed up nightmare, is there no place for sharing art, comics, fan game ideas or even sharing downloads to the fans here to try out my work?

I suggest going to the Artwork Emporium or Creative Minds.
http://smashboards.com/forums/arts-and-entertainment.367/

However, this site isn't really dedicated to graphic design or sharing artwork this that area isn't exactly active. I would suggest sticking mainly to deviantart and using Smashboards on the side.
I haven't been getting much of this site, I am still not happy with the arrangements of this missed up place, is there an EXIT button somewhere? I don't even know why I am here in the first place it's just aggravating!! :( LOL
If you are unsure to the rules, please read the Global Rules. Every staff member is able and willing to answer any questions you may have. And while I'm sad to hear you may want to leave, there's no exit button per say. If you intend to leave this community, my suggestion is to erase any login data and avoid coming to the site.

Last edited:

Kirby98

Smash Cadet
I hate to argue but where is an appropriate place for polls? If I can't make one before Monday in time then I might as well just screw it.

I come here Monday to Friday because sometimes Nintendo would fail to update earlier, I would always stick around here between 1:06 AM and 2:16 AM, this is central time around my local area when Nintendo updates their website regarding Smash Bros pic of the day and other updates from Smash Bros website. However this varies depending on how fast they will update during Monday to Friday mornings!

Thank you very much for your response and helping me getting to know the site better now. General discussion could have a better name but I could never have found it without your help. Thanks again! :D

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I hate to argue but where is an appropriate place for polls? If I can't make one before Monday in time then I might as well just screw it.
There's no specific place for polls. You can make a poll on any section of the forums when opening a new thread.

Of course, wherever you open a poll, it should be relevant to the board's subject. For example, a poll on the Smash 3DS boards should be related to something about Smash 3DS.

Like @ Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom stated, polls relating to a subject already covered by another thread should be avoided, so make sure if whatever subject your poll deals with hasn't got a thread already. There's a search feature that can be used to find threads and/or posts within several criteria.

SoulessAngel64

Smash Rookie
NNID
zeldahylia64
I just made an acount just a minute ago, and I would just like to know the basics of the site

hello, i just joined today. I got recomended here to get reconised for my tallent in melee as Marth. As I said earlier I am new to this site, so I will need some help. How do I chance my ranking from smash rookie

Last edited by a moderator:

ndayday

BRoomer
I just made an acount just a minute ago, and I would just like to know the basics of the site

hello, i just joined today. I got recomended here to get reconised for my tallent in melee as Marth. As I said earlier I am new to this site, so I will need some help. How do I chance my ranking from smash rookie
Welcome!

Here are some links that could help you:
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-smashboards-user-guide-v2-0.352997/
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-smashboards-faq.353000/
http://smashboards.com/help/terms

Your rank moves up as you post more. The actual numbers you need are hidden but you don't need all that many to move onto the next rank.

mmxcrono

Smash Rookie
I have a question. If I wanted to make a SmashBoards App, in which users can log into and what not, do you guys have an API available for this? If not, are you guys working on an app / need help with making one?

Fablemad

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys! I'm having a bit of trouble with my alerts, and I don't know if it's a bug with the forums or something.

I like to go into the groups forums, but I have a problem where everytime I send something on there and get quoted, liked or if somebody posts after me I will see the alert next to the little flag(it can go up to 10 and everything) but when I click it, it says I have no alert...

This makes it kind of a pain because I have to do the whole detour to go back to the thread and trust me, it is LAME on my cellphone.

Any help regarding this would be really appreciated!

P.s.: Yes, I checked my alerts preferences, everything is checked

P.P.S.: It ONLY happens with group forums, not the normal ones. With them I can see the alerts just fine

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Hey guys.

Fairly new to Smashboards here, and I've noticed people directly uploading images or gifs to their posts. How do I do that...?

I see the "Image" icon listed in the Text Editor bar, but it wants me to give it a URL. It doesn't seem quite the same. Is there something I'm missing here, do I need to raise my "Smash Rookie/Cadet/Whatever" rank higher, or do I need to use some kind of image hosting site and link to there?

Fablemad

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys.

Fairly new to Smashboards here, and I've noticed people directly uploading images or gifs to their posts. How do I do that...?

I see the "Image" icon listed in the Text Editor bar, but it wants me to give it a URL. It doesn't seem quite the same. Is there something I'm missing here, do I need to raise my "Smash Rookie/Cadet/Whatever" rank higher, or do I need to use some kind of image hosting site and link to there?
Just click "Upload a File" right next to Post Reply

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Just click "Upload a File" right next to Post Reply
:facepalm: How did I miss that... :rolleyes:

Thanks man.

Edit: Strange, "Upload a File" appears on this thread, but not the one I'm usually posting in...

Last edited:

ndayday

BRoomer
Hey guys! I'm having a bit of trouble with my alerts, and I don't know if it's a bug with the forums or something.

I like to go into the groups forums, but I have a problem where everytime I send something on there and get quoted, liked or if somebody posts after me I will see the alert next to the little flag(it can go up to 10 and everything) but when I click it, it says I have no alert...

This makes it kind of a pain because I have to do the whole detour to go back to the thread and trust me, it is LAME on my cellphone.

P.P.S.: It ONLY happens with group forums, not the normal ones. With them I can see the alerts just fine
I have a question. If I wanted to make a SmashBoards App, in which users can log into and what not, do you guys have an API available for this? If not, are you guys working on an app / need help with making one?
I believe the alerts in groups issue is known, but @ Warchamp7 Warchamp7 ? might know?
He can also probably answer your question @ mmxcrono mmxcrono

Fablemad

Smash Journeyman

So.... nobody can help? Kind of suffering here

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
So.... nobody can help? Kind of suffering here
The groups section are handled by an add on. I'll pass along the issue to the developer

There is a XenForo API add-on I've considered adding, but unsure of the use it would have. If you have experience with that sort of thing and are interested, we could potentially work out something official with your help :)

Feel free to add me on Skype, Warchamp7

ndayday

BRoomer
The header menu in fluid Smashboards dark is broken, it's fixed to the right.
should be fine now :woman:
Can someone tell me which board/thread to go to to ask someone to help me get into competitive play?
I've been a casual for a while and I think it's time to stop.
This is a pretty good guide on general competitive mindset and such: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...ively-v2-plain-text-version-available.354776/
Other than that check out specific character boards and such for the games you're interested

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
What about people who baselessly like every post that is posted for no real reason? That isn't contributing to the topics in the slightest (isn't that the definition of spam?) and in one case it's getting very annoying (and in another case offended me greatly).

Anything being done about this?

Last edited:

ndayday

BRoomer
Likes are very hard to make a solid rule out of since they can fit so many needs. They don't directly contribute to topics either, kind of existing as a small "this is a good/agreeable/funny/whatever post" so it's not really possible for them to detract from a topic, exactly. I can understand the latter two and will bring it up with other staff to see what, if anything, can be done.

Top Bottom