• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

DukeofShorts

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Braedenthegreat
Is there a thread dedicated to discussing final smash ideas for potential newcomers and veterans that need new ones?

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
How do I put a picture in my signature without having a link to it, like the guy above me.
Also I have seen a lot of people with the pictures of characters like the guy above me has in his signature. Is there a thread or website where i can find these pictures?

Pikachu ftw

Smash Rookie
How do I put a picture in my signature without having a link to it, like the guy above me.
Also I have seen a lot of people with the pictures of characters like the guy above me has in his signature. Is there a thread or website where i can find these pictures?
Yeah that's what I was wondering

Blue_Sunshine

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4382-3301-0014
When appearing offline, I would appear in the list for users viewing threads, is there a way not to? Thanks.

NefariousShyGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NefariousShyGuy
3DS FC
3609-1047-1128
What's the first thing I should do at the Smash boards as a newbie? Are there any important posts I should read besides the forum rules?

XTheElegantShadowX

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3625-7979-8675
I have a small question:

Why is it that my Signature won't appear in all of my posts? In fact, it hasn't appeared in any of them as of recent, is there something wrong with it? Mayhaps too lengthy or something of that sort? Or is it that certain Rooms don't allow Signatures to be apart of a Post?

(I'm going to kick myself if it appears in this post. XD)

MrWhite

Smash Rookie
I Am looking for other smashers in my area (Vancouver, BC) to practice with and develop. Which forum is most appropriate to post in?

Sangoku

Smash Master
Late answers, maybe you got them already.

I have a small question:

Why is it that my Signature won't appear in all of my posts? In fact, it hasn't appeared in any of them as of recent, is there something wrong with it? Mayhaps too lengthy or something of that sort? Or is it that certain Rooms don't allow Signatures to be apart of a Post?

(I'm going to kick myself if it appears in this post. XD)
When your post's content is smaller than your signature, the latter won't appear.

How do I put something in a spoiler tag?
Write what you want between [co-llapse] and [/co-llapse] (without the "-" in collapse)

ShadowGanon

Smash Lord
Question 1: How do you make it so your signature doesn't show up on every post you make?
Question 2: I keep trying to post a picture that I made but every time I try to upload it, there is an error. How do I put a fairly large picture (2164 × 1450) onto a post without "uploading it"?

jacobj77

Smash Rookie
I cant get my brawl friend code under my name and stuff when i post. It wont even ask me for it when i go to my profile page. It popped up when I was setting up my account but i skipped the step because I wasn't near my wii. Is there anyway i can fix this?

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
I cant get my brawl friend code under my name and stuff when i post. It wont even ask me for it when i go to my profile page. It popped up when I was setting up my account but i skipped the step because I wasn't near my wii. Is there anyway i can fix this?
Hover your mouse over your name in the top right corner of your browser, and select "Personal Details". Located about halfway down the page will be where you can add information such as Brawl FC and such.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Sorry if this has already been asked somewhere; the FAQ and Search links in the OP are broken. My question is:

Is it possible for me to change my username?

I've had this one since, as you can see, 2010, and when I made it I barely used it. It's been almost four years since I made that and I have a more preferred username that I use most places, and now that I'm active here again it would be nice to have that username.

RIDLEY is too SMALL

Smash Journeyman
For the last 3 or 4 days, I have been unable to reply to anyone's posts or quote them. When I click "reply", nothing happens. I have also noticed that, ever since this problem began, my text box will elongate by an additional line every time I type a key until it reaches the maximum vertical length. I'm assuming that this is somehow related, since both oddities began at the same time. Anyone know what the problem is?

Pox

Smash Rookie
So, I just upgraded my account and I'm trying to figure out where I can change my smash title... "Orca" was just something I came up with when I signed up for Smashboard about a month ago, and I no longer want to use it. I'd also like to be able to change it before my monthly premium subscription is over. I just can't find the option to make the change anywhere in my account detaild, preferences, etc... Help please?

LRJaves

Smash Rookie
NNID
RandomJaves
3DS FC
0361-6294-2122
I'm new to this, hello everyone!
But, for some reason I cannot post in the welcome center to introduce myself.
Why????

Typhl0si0n

Smash Apprentice
Yo, been trying to delete my account, but can't see how to do it. I was gonna just log off but that ain't working neither. Can someone please help?

Ghetto Blush

Smash Apprentice
So what's the rule on signatures? I read the stickied post and it was kind of vague as to what's allowed. I can't have a signature that is bigger in dimensions than a post I write or what?

Also is there a filesize limit on signatures?

JDIZ

Smash Cadet
So I keep getting logged out, even though I mark "stay logged in". This doesn't happen on any other site so I don't believe it's my browser. Anyone else experiencing this?

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
So, I just upgraded my account and I'm trying to figure out where I can change my smash title... "Orca" was just something I came up with when I signed up for Smashboard about a month ago, and I no longer want to use it. I'd also like to be able to change it before my monthly premium subscription is over. I just can't find the option to make the change anywhere in my account detaild, preferences, etc... Help please?
On the top bar of the page, hover over your mini-avatar and username. A dropdown will appear. Click "personal details." One of the boxes there is "custom title."
If you're having trouble getting there this link will work just as well:
http://smashboards.com/account/personal-details

Yo, been trying to delete my account, but can't see how to do it. I was gonna just log off but that ain't working neither. Can someone please help?
You can't delete your account, but you may request a ban from an admin.
So what's the rule on signatures? I read the stickied post and it was kind of vague as to what's allowed. I can't have a signature that is bigger in dimensions than a post I write or what?

Also is there a filesize limit on signatures?
I believe the length is restricted now by characters. To be on the safe side don't put a ridiculously large sig.
So I keep getting logged out, even though I mark "stay logged in". This doesn't happen on any other site so I don't believe it's my browser. Anyone else experiencing this?
Delete cookies and cache for this site and it should work normally again.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
How do you edit the titles of threads? I forgot how.
Edit: Also do I close my own threads?

Last edited:

ndayday

BRoomer
How do you edit the titles of threads? I forgot how.
Edit: Also do I close my own threads?
Seems like you may no longer edit thread titles. I have moderator powers and can't seem to find a way, so try asking an admin.
Correction, you can edit the thread title at the top of a thread. Look for "Thread tools." It'll be one of the options.
Also you may not lock your own threads, but you can report it and request a lock or ask a mod.

Last edited:

DigiWarrior

Smash Rookie
WHERE DO I GO TO FIND OTHER SMASHERS FRIEND CODES?
I just opened my account and i need to know where to access people who are able to fight online already,

ndayday

BRoomer
Top Bottom