• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Mini-Recreates: The SSB Series Rosters

Pupp135

Smash Lord
After a attempt on recreating SSB that I stopped awhile ago, I’m deciding to make a mini-create thread where we remake the SSB series rosters for each game.

This thread will only focus on the rosters for each game.

The big rule to remember is to please be respectful towards others with this thread.

Rosters
Mario
Luigi
Link
Samus
Marth
Captain Falcon
Kirby
Fox
Wario
Ness
Pikachu
Meowth
Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Princess Peach
Donkey Kong
Link
Princess Zelda
Samus
Marth
Captain Falcon
Kirby
King Dedede
Fox
Wario
Ness
Pikachu
Meowth
Mewtwo
Job 1: Submit a list of 8 fighters from distinct series for our starting SSB cast.

Mario
Donkey Kong
Link
Samus
Kirby
Fox
Ness
Pikachu

This is incredibly similar to what we actually had, but I moved Ness to a starter as a psychic character seems cool, and Yoshi is kind of a de facto Mario character more or less, and we can squeeze him in as a secret fighter if needed.

Last edited:
Are third-parties allowed for the first two games? If not, here's an all-Nintendo roster:
  1. Mario
  2. Donkey Kong
  3. Link
  4. Kirby
  5. Fox
  6. Captain Falcon
  7. Yoshi
  8. Pikachu
Samus becomes an unlockable fighter, while Captain Falcon is a starting fighter. This is because there were no Metroid games for the N64, while F-Zero was still relevant in that generation. The rest of the roster gets some rearrangements to some degree.

However, if third-parties ARE allowed, here's one that includes such a pedigree:
  1. Mario
  2. Donkey Kong
  3. Link
  4. Kirby
  5. Fox
  6. Pikachu
  7. Mega Man
  8. Bomberman
This depends on the ruleset, truthfully, so I thought I'd hedge my bets.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Are third-parties allowed for the first two games? If not, here's an all-Nintendo roster:
  1. Mario
  2. Donkey Kong
  3. Link
  4. Kirby
  5. Fox
  6. Captain Falcon
  7. Yoshi
  8. Pikachu
Samus becomes an unlockable fighter, while Captain Falcon is a starting fighter. This is because there were no Metroid games for the N64, while F-Zero was still relevant in that generation. The rest of the roster gets some rearrangements to some degree.

However, if third-parties ARE allowed, here's one that includes such a pedigree:
  1. Mario
  2. Donkey Kong
  3. Link
  4. Kirby
  5. Fox
  6. Pikachu
  7. Mega Man
  8. Bomberman
This depends on the ruleset, truthfully, so I thought I'd hedge my bets.
Rare characters are the only third parties allowed in SSB64, but they will be cut during Melee. Other third parties won‘t be available until Brawl.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the nominations.

Pupp135 Pupp135
Mario
Donkey Kong
Link
Samus
Kirby
Fox
Ness
Pikachu

DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26
Mario
Donkey Kong
Link
Samus
Marth
Kirby
Fox
Pikachu

nirvanafan nirvanafan
Mario
Link
Marth
Captain Falcon
Kirby
Fox
Pikachu
Banjo & Kazooie

darkvortex darkvortex
Mario
Donkey Kong
Link
Samus
Pit
Kirby
Fox
Pikachu

ninjahmos ninjahmos
Mario
Donkey Kong
Link
Samus
Captain Falcon
Kirby
Fox
Pikachu

BritishGuy54 BritishGuy54
Mario
Link
Samus
Marth
Captain Falcon
Kirby
Fox
Pikachu

M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye
Mario
Donkey Kong
Link
Yoshi
Captain Falcon
Kirby
Fox
Pikachu

Northsouthmap Northsouthmap
Mario
Donkey Kong
Link
Samus
Yoshi
Captain Falcon
Kirby
Ness
Vote for your three most wanted, where yours is not first.

Perkilator Perkilator
Mario
Donkey Kong
Link
Samus
Yoshi
Kirby
Fox
Pikachu

1. DragonRobotKing
2. Mine
3. Perkilator

Because they’re present in all nominations, Mario, Link, and Kirby will be added to the list of fighters.

It's no wonder Mario, Link, and Kirby are among the first fighters in the series. The first two are Nintendo's mascots that anyone can recognize, and Kirby is Sakurai's magnum opus.

Still, I should vote for my Top 3:
  1. Perkilator - Sticking with the classics is fine. Really, it's the unlockables that need work.
  2. darkvortex - Pit in Smash 64? Weird flex, but okay.
  3. nirvanafan - Suppose Banjo was in Smash 64 with the stipulation that he's cut from Melee. Either Brawl will have jaws drop twice, or Everyone Is Here has a new face for the slogan. Whichever way it goes, that's why I'm giving this roster the bronze medal.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Luigi
Mach Rider
Raichu

Jago (uses Link, same position as Banjo concept & would have to be cut for Melee)

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
1. Luigi
2. Falco
3. Wolf

I like the idea of Gooey, but I don't think that'd really work out as a full clone. If someone nominates him for this current job I'd consider voting in his favor.

Job 2: :ultpit: (with :ultlink: base)

Considered Little Mac over Captain Falcon, but unlike Samus / Falcon he can't really adopt any of those shared kick moves and I struggle to imagine too many other animations that he would be able to retool. Not to mention, he'd need to be a good deal smaller. At least with Pit I can envision his bow adopting some of the functionality of Link's sword, and his body type wouldn't differ all too much.

Truth be told, I'm a bit distraught that DK will likely be absent from 64's roster. Feel like we kinda neglected how a superheavy like him adds more functional variety to the character lineup, but I digress. He'll definitely make it in soon but feels like a major lapse already.

TheLastMaverickHunter

Smash Journeyman
I like the idea of Gooey, but I don't think that'd really work out as a full clone. If someone nominates him for this current job I'd consider voting in his favor.
To be fair, I was kinda pressed for ideas. He could definitely work as a semi or pseudo clone, rather than a full one.

Top Bottom