• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards has created: Super Mario Smash Bros!

D

Deleted member

I'm thinking perhaps 2 fighter subs every week until around 35 or so is achieved, and then the remaining 15 or so are submitted once every (other?) week? does that sound fair, or too fast? I want this thread to move quickly, but also not end in a flash.
I like that. Assuming the rest of the content is pretty meaty then the thread should still last for a good amount of time.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
How does this sound?
  • Sunday: Anything goes
  • Monday: Fighter Job, stage job
  • Tuesday: Anything goes
  • Wednesday: Stage job, anything goes
  • Thursday: Anything goes
  • Friday: Fighter job, stage job
  • Sunday: Anything goes
Basically, Mondays and Fridays will be devoted to fighter and stage submission jobs, Wednesday will have a stage job and a misc. job that isn't fighters or stages, and any other day can have any amount of any non-fighter/stage jobs. This only applies to submissions and not voting. Music/alts will continue their current pattern of music sub day, music vote day, alt sub day, alt vote day, music sub day.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Since it's still technically Monday where most of you are, I'll be putting up the job now. Expect future fighter jobs to start much earlier into the day unless my wonky sleep schedule or real life gets in the way

Submit a clone/replacement of a non-Mario Smash fighter!

Please submit a Mario character who would use a near-if-not-identical moveset to a Smash fighter from outside the Mario universe, like how Ganondorf does for Captain Falcon. I'll allow a little more leeway with fighter changes than the last two clones when we get to this fighter's moveset job, but we won't be going to a Luigi level of difference, moreso a Ken or Lucas at maximum. I'd advise looking to the earlier Smash games for this. Only one fighter will be allowed for this job, but future clone jobs will allow those on and off the roster to be cloned in equal measure.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Captain Syrup (Ganondorf)

Captain Syrup would be a clone of Ganondorf, using a large cutlass in the place of his sword and water effects in place of darkness. She also wouldn't have Flame Choke, but we'll decide what replaces it when/if we get to her changes job.

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Clone Character: Baby Bros. (Ice Climbers)

We’re already throwing kids into the brawl with Ashley, so why not add these young plumbers-to-be to the mix? I feel like they could make perfect Ice Climbers replacements with their hammers, and you could easily retheme ice attacks to fire. The only moves I feel you’d need to entirely replace are the Down Special and Final Smash.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Oh yeah, I forgot: stages on Mondays too

Submit a retro graphics stage!

Please submit a stage that would have retro graphics. This can be from any console before the GBA (including the GBA itself). Just make sure your stage isn't remastered in HD, (no Wrecking Crew stuff) a simple 3D addition (like Balloon Fight or Duck Hunt) is fine however. The layout doesn't need to be copied from the origim

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Mario's Cement Factory

This would be a big stage. Walls prevent you from interacting with the conveyer belts or trucks while the side platforms are expanded into walkoffs. The cement mixers are in the background. The top wall and bottom ceiling are also in the background, but the blast zones are extremely close to the stage so you can easily SD on moving platforms. The leftmost wall's assymetry remains intact and therefore creates a funky ceiling cave of live.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Rawk Hawk (Incineroar clone)

Rawk Hawk is a wrestler, and Incineroar is a wrestler. Makes sense. Rawk Hawk would be a little bigger and heavier than Incin, but have the same speed. His air speed would be better given that he is a hawk. We can replace Incin's fire effects with feathers or TTYD UI elements.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
The Funky, DK, and Mario polls are now closed! My submission for DK wins, both of FazDude's Mario submissions win, and while Funky is a draw, I can remove my self-vote and give FazDude the win.

Submit music lists for Princess Peach's Castle, Mario Circuit, Waluigi Pinball, and/or Block Fort!

Please submit exactly 4 songs for each stage, you can submit for as many or little of the stages as you want.

Last edited:

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
Retro Stage:
1646757825377.png

Stanley's Greenhouse
Graphics and layout directly copied from Donkey Kong 3. Just like in 75m, retro DK will be there on top of the screen, swatting at the beehives to make bugs appear. Bugs show up less frequently than in the source game, and are generally bigger so you can see what's attacking you.

this just made me realize we should add a replacement for the beehive item based on this game

Waluigi Pinball Music:
  1. Waluigi Pinball (Brawl)
  2. Waluigi Pinball (Mario Sports Mix)
  3. Waluigi Island
  4. Bowser's Pinball Machine - Mario Party DS
(yeah i know it's almost the same as Wario's, I just thought the fourth song would be an interesting choice since it also goes to a pinball machine level)

Block Fort Music:
  1. Battle Mode - Mario Kart DS
  2. Block Plaza - Mario Kart Wii
  3. Battle Arenas - Mario Kart 64
  4. Battle Stadium - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Ally contact submissions are now closed!
Stanley the Bugman

Stanley uses his design from Greenhouse. He runs around the stage and puffs his pesticide, which functions equivalent to PP's fully-charged side-B. There can be a lot of pesticide clouds out at once - the amount of time a pesticide cloud stays out is variable by stage size, so it'd stay out for 10 seconds on a Great Cave Offensive-equivalent stage, but only 2 or so for WarioWare Inc.
I was about to submit Prince Peasley but then I realized I should save him as a submission for a Marth replacement

So instead, have these two, as I'm still in a Superstar Saga mood:
View attachment 346914
The Jellyfish Sisters
When summoned, they will randomly choose one of two techniques to use, depending on which sister is in front. FYI, the red one is Gigi, and the green one is Merri.

If Gigi is in front, Merri will tickle Gigi's back with Thunderhand, causing the two to slowly move back and forth while producing an electric shock. Touching the sisters in this state will stun you for a bit.

If Merri is in front, Gigi will tickle Merri's back with Firebrand, causing the two to suddenly rocket forwards at high speed, doing big firey damage to anyone they run over.
Plessie:

Y'know the goat thing that comes out of pokeballs in Ultimate? Plessie is that but bigger and slightly faster. As with the goat, you can ride on its back, though multiple people can ride Plessie as long as they're on the same team. If not the other players will just be knocked off.
Considered making this Dorrie instead but someone might still submit her as a playable character, so I'll wait on that front.
Please vote here:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Retro Stage: Mario Clash

Just like in the original game, you can travel to the background and foreground using the pipes on the sides. Koopas and Sidesteppers sometimes appear out of the pipe in the top-left and are hazardous-you can throw them if you attack them, just like in the Mario Bros stage. You can even throw them through the pipes to snipe an opponent who isn't even on the same Z-axis as you, which is pretty sick. Graphics are the same beautiful crimson as before (yes, I unironically love the Virtual Boy's graphics).

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Music submissions are closed!
Waluigi Pinball Music:
  1. Waluigi Pinball (Brawl)
  2. Waluigi Pinball (Mario Sports Mix)
  3. Waluigi Island
  4. Bowser's Pinball Machine - Mario Party DS
(yeah i know it's almost the same as Wario's, I just thought the fourth song would be an interesting choice since it also goes to a pinball machine level)

Block Fort Music:
  1. Battle Mode - Mario Kart DS
  2. Block Plaza - Mario Kart Wii
  3. Battle Arenas - Mario Kart 64
  4. Battle Stadium - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
My submission for Princess Peach's Castle wins by default.
Please vote here for Waluigi Pinball:
Here for Block Fort:
and here for Mario Circuit:

Ally contact voting is closed, Stanley will be joining the ranks!

Submit a sports stage!

Please submit any stage from a sports game, mode, or level - note that racing-related stages, be they Mario Kart or another game/series, will not be allowed

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Stage submission:
Sunset Beach (Mario Hoops 3 on 3)

If you're familiar with the beloved Smashketball custom stage, you should know what to expect here. This stage has invisible, undestructable walls on the sides and top, and no holes in the ground- your ONLY way to KO is by throwing foes into the hoops on the side of the stage - which they'll be shot out of like a barrel cannon and clip through the floor! There is no team side rule or anything to that extent.

I went with Sunset Beach as 1. it looks nice, and 2. isn't a generic court but sports-ey enough to be recognisable as a sports stage from a glance. I much prefer Pirate Ship or Blocheep Sea to be frank, but if you haven't played the game it might come off as strange for them to be basketball.

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905

Marion Clubhouse
The central hub for the story mode in Mario Golf: Advance Tour is now serving as a battle arena! Matches will take place on the large rug depicting Mario's face. The sunlight beams right in through a window in the background to illuminate him...and if you look carefully enough into the window's light, you might just see a portal leading to Peach's Castle!

For those who haven't played Advance Tour, you actually exist in a different dimension than the Mario characters, and they only invite you to visit their world through a portal in this sunbeam when you've become a champion golfer.

All of the original human characters from the Mario Golf series may appear as background cameos, provided none of them happen to become playable in the future. This will even include the humans from Mario Golf 64 who didn't appear in GBC or Advance Tour, such as Plum and Sonny.

As for the stage layout, it's a hazardless walk-off with a sort of "U" shaped layout. Just like in the image, you'll have the floor, the stairs, and the balconies to stand on.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Mario Clash wins stage voting! It's a crimson duel on the Z-axis!

Syrup = 0
Lubba = 0
Prince Peasley = 4
Rawk Hawk = 6
Baby Bros. = 9

The substitutes for the Ice Climbers are here: The Baby Bros!

Speaking of which...
Submit differences between the Ice Climbers and the Baby Bros.
As mentioned in the job description, a lot of changes will be allowed - however, since the Ice Climbers themselves don't exist in this game, I would advise to keep them similar so IC players can pick them up easily.

Taunts/victories and Final Smashes will not be permitted at this point in time.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
  • The Baby Bros. have better traction than the Ice Climbers
  • The Baby Bros' down throw has them hit with a hammer
  • The Baby Bros' down air is more similar to Dedede's.
  • Belay is renaimed "Daisy Chain" and uses a row of flowers
  • Blizzard is renamed "Heatwave" and instead of freezing can cause lasting fire damage, which functions similarly to Olimar's Pikmin
  • Ice Shot is renamed "Electro Shock" and involves an electric wave. It cannot freeze.

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
BabyBabyBabyBabyBabyBabyBaby
  • Ice Shot is replaced with green Koopa Shells, which is inspired by the item in Partners in Time. Unlike the actual item, these Shells will only damage the Babies if they are reflected
  • Blizzard is now a fire based attack called Flare.
  • Belay is the only special move that’s been replaced. It is now Spin Jump, where the Babies will be launched into the air while spinning, with the lead Baby standing on the other’s shoulders. They have a hitbox while spinning. If there is only one Baby, they will still jump and spin, but they won’t go as high and lack a hitbox.
  • The Babies have better traction.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Music votes are closed!

My list for Mario Circuit wins, and FazDude's list for Waluigi Pinball wins! For Block Fort, I got a friend from another site to handle the final vote - therefore giving FazDude's list the win!

Baby Bros. movesets and sports stage submissions are now closed

Please vote here for the Babies' movesets

and here for stages

Alt costume, item and Adventure mode jobs are coming up!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Submit alt costumes for the Baby Bros. and/or Peach!

Please submit a list of either 8 or 16 alt costumes for each. I will be allowing other Babies - including original ideas like Baby Waluigi - as alternate costumes for the Baby Bros., but you will not be forced to do this either. As Peach's down smash uses her dress, make sure not to use non-gown alts

Submit a projectile firing item!

Please submit an item that would fire projectiles like a gun. Two items will be added from this job. The item can have extra uses like the Star Rod if you want.

Submit Adventure mode routes for Mario and Bowser!

Please submit the Adventure mode routes for Mario and Bowser - what I am asking for here is 6 platforming levels like those of Melee Adventure and 4 standard battles like you'd get in Classic Mode on the Multiplayer stages in any order. After a few Adventure Mode route jobs, I will start to request a slowly increasingly large amount of reused stages, so try to add platforming stages that could also work for other fighters. Note that boss battles won't be included in this mode, but are a possibility for future modes. The winners of this job will be allowed to request changes to their existing route at a later date to adjust for new fighters and multiplayer stages - so if we add Kamek later but he's absent from Yoshi's earlier classic mode, the submitter of Yoshi's classic mode can request Kamek replace Ashley's role as a substitute for him. Being an enemy in a platforming stage will not disconfirm a fighter, and Piranha Plant and Goomba will be allowed as enemies for all routes except their own. You can have any Mario songs on your routes regardless of if they're in or not and that will not disconfirm them for future use in either multiplayer stages or other routes - fanmade remixes will not be allowed unless already added on Multiplayer stages. Omegas and Battlefields exist here so feel free to use them. Feel free to go in as much or little depth as needed

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Baby Bros. Alts
  1. Default
  2. Classic (swapped shirt/overall colors for both bros)
  3. Fire Babies (white and red for Baby Mario, white and green for Baby Luigi)
  4. Wario / Waluigi (yellow and purple for Baby Mario, purple and navy for Baby Luigi)
  5. Baby Mario Golf Alts (blue and black for Baby Mario, cyan and blue for Baby Luigi)
  6. Cut Mario/Luigi Alts (blue and pink for Baby Mario, orange and blue for Baby Luigi, resembles cut costumes of their respective adult counterparts)
  7. Baby Peach and Baby Daisy (model swap)
  8. Rosalina / Pauline (blue for Baby Peach, red for Baby Daisy)
Peach Alts
  1. Default
  2. Fire Peach (white/red dress, seventh alt from Ultimate)
  3. Red (third alt from Ultimate)
  4. Blue (fourth alt from Ultimate)
  5. Green (fifth alt from Ultimate)
  6. Shadow Queen (purple/black dress)
  7. Sunshine Outfit (model swap)
  8. Wedding Gown (model swap)

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Baby Alts:
  1. Default (Baby Mario & Luigi with overalls)
  2. Wario (Baby Mario) and Waluigi (Baby Luigi) colours
  3. SMB3 Fire Mario (Baby Mario) and Mario All-Stars Fire Luigi (Baby Luigi) colours
  4. Yoshi's Island Mario and Luigi (Diapers)
  5. Baby Peach and Baby Daisy
  6. Pauline (Baby Peach) and Rosalina (Baby Daisy) colours
  7. Brown (Baby Peach) and Beige (Baby Daisy) (original, based on one of the ICs' alts)
  8. Yoshi's Island DS/Partners in Time Baby Peach and Baby Daisy (onesie and bib)
Peach alts:
  1. Default (simple dress)
  2. Daisy colours
  3. Fire
  4. Pauline colours
  5. Green and yellow (Daisy's alt from SSBU)
  6. Purple and blue (Daisy's alt from SSBU)
  7. Rosalina colours
  8. Black and yellow
  9. Super Princess colours with brunette hair
  10. Wedding model swap
  11. "Groom" black Wedding
  12. Smash dress patterns
  13. Smash patterns white (not wedding)
  14. Smash patterns golden (No hair dye)
  15. Smash patterns blue (No hair dye)
  16. Smash patterns red and black (Daisy's alt, no hair dye)
Projectile item: Coconut Gun

Fires in spurts - if it shoots ya, it's gonna hurt! However, if you're quick enough you can pick up said spurts to eat after they fall - the one with this weapon has to use it wisely!

I'll probably submit my routes for Adventure mode later.

Top Bottom