• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards has created: Super Mario Smash Bros!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Peach: P-Wing (replaces Peach Bomber)

Peach flies forwards with the P-Wing and does a mighty slap! Compared to Bomber, this move has more startup lag but less end lag, meaning it's great for starting combos. The slap is also done manually, so it can be done earlier or later into the move - or even not at all if you need to get around fast!

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Mario Special Change: Cape to Cap Throw

The Cape, despite being with Mario since Melee, is a somewhat outdated reference. It's only been in three mainline Mario titles, and if you don't count the SMM games as mainline, that makes its last prominent mainline appearance set in 1994. At the same time, however, I feel like it is important that Mario have a reflector of some kind to keep his Smash playstyle intact while updating him for the modern era. As such, Cappy from Super Mario Odyssey serves a similar role to the Cape.

When used, Mario throws Cappy forwards, covering a fair distance in front of Mario. However, said projectile is also a reflector, as Cappy will reflect projectiles which come in contact with him. Unlike the Cape, Cappy will also deal fixed damage and knockback upon contact with an opponent. After said second has passed, Cappy will boomerang back to Mario, although he cannot reflect projectiles or deal damage while doing this.

As a side note, using Cappy in the air will stall Mario's fall for a brief moment.

This move preserves Mario's reflecting capabilities while also giving him a quick "get off me" tool. While Cappy isn't quite as versatile as he is in Odyssey, he is still a vital part of Mario's kit.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Bowser
Clown Car (Replace Down Special)
Bowser rides his Clown Car, with it he can fly but also slam down with the propellers for a strong attack

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I just want to remind everyone of this recommendation I gave in the job prompt.
Please try to consider the characters' playstyles within Smash and not just their source material or canon powers/personality.
No submissions thus far are veto-worthy, but I do feel the submissions as of now haven't exactly considered this factor as much as they should. Sorry if this comes off as an insult. I would recommend going on the SmashWiki page for that character's SSBU counterpart, looking at the first paragraph at their "attributes" section to get an overview of their playstyle then searching for the move you plan to replace and seeing what it's purpose is. Maybe that purpose is redundant with another move, or maybe its function can be enhanced, so on!

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
DK - Barrel Bash (Side B)
This move is purely an aesthetic change. Instead of bashing his head towards the ground, DK lifts a large barrel over his head and slams it on the ground, with its normal headbashing properties involved (buries a grounded opponent, spikes an airborne one, does massive shield damage).

I'm just tired of seeing people say DK should have a barrel throw, but also I agree that they feel missing from his moveset.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Stage reskin votes are now closed! the new coats of paint ready to be applied are Waluigi Pinball for Peach's Castle 64 and Block Fort for Figure-8 Circuit! Great time to be a Mario Kart fan, ey? Even better if you're also a Wario fan given the recent addition of Wario's Castle. It's pretty cool to have representation for Battle Mode.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Submissions for NDC Hall and Rainbow Cruise music has ended!
New Donk City
1. Jump Up Superstar!
2. New Donk City
3. Break Free (Lead The Way)
4. New York Minute - Mario Kart Tour

Rainbow Cruse
1. Slide (Ultimate)
2. Look Away!
3. Cloudtop Cruise - Mario Kart 8
4. Airship Theme (Brawl)
Please vote here

Quoting these reminded me of the mode voting, so I will calculate those quick.

Poison Mushroom = 0
Combo Contest = 1
Delivery Drive = 4
Mushroom Battle = 5
Shine Thief = 15
Coin Mode = 16

Mushroom Battle, Shine Thief, and Coin Mode will be added!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Moveset change submissions are now closed!
  • :ultpeach: P-Wing (Replaces Peach Bomber)
  • :ultmario: Cappy Throw (Replaces Cape)
  • :ultbowser: Clown Car (Replaces Bowser Bomb)
  • :ultdk:Barrel Bash (Replaces Headbutt)
Please vote here!

Whether Barrel Blast will replace Headbutt for Funky - if it wins - will be decided in Funky's modification job... speaking of which:

Submit Gooigi's differences from Luigi!

Submit any moveset or attribute related differences for Gooigi to have from Luigi. Gooigi's functional differences from Luigi should be no more than Chrom's (for example) so try not to change many moves, especially not specials. Please do not submit taunts, victories, or final smashes as they will have dedicated jobs for both newcomers and veterans

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
  • Fast animations like his flutter-jumping legs; dash attack and side smash make Gooigi's limbs lose shape.
  • Gooigi Tornado (down B) has Gooigi completely shapeshift into a tornado.
  • Gooigi cannot crawl, but melts into a blob when crouching
  • Gooigi is slower on the ground than Luigi, but faster in the air. He is lighter and his moves deal less damage but more knockback.
  • Gooigi is no taller or shorter than Luigi, but many animations are exaggeratedly squash-and-stretch which makes him slightly harder to hit at times.
  • When hit a far distance, he becomes a vague blob until going out of hitstun - this makes him harder to combo
  • Green Missile cannot misfire, but the button can be pressed again as Gooigi hits a foe to make it more powerful. Gooigi also becomes a vague blob when firing
  • Gooigi takes off and re-grows his nose in place of Fireball, the move doesn't circle around but rather goes in a completely straight line that is high up and therefore easy to dodge. The nose also goes through foes like Danny's lasers in NASB.

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Gooigi Changes
  • Attribute Changes
    • Gooigi has much better traction than Luigi.
    • Gooigi is slower than Luigi, although not by too much (I'd imagine about the same run speed as Ryu).
    • Gooigi's jump height is worse than Luigi's, although again, there isn't an extreme difference.
    • Gooigi is slightly lighter than Luigi.
    • Gooigi's spotdodge, dodge roll, and air dodge are generally better than Luigi's.
    • Gooigi cannot crawl, but goes into a puddle form while crouched, giving him a quick evasive option. However, low attacks can still hit him (such as most down tilts or Terry's Power Wave, not that the latter is in SMSB specifically).
  • Moveset Changes
    • Generally, Gooigi's attacks are weaker, but much faster to come out.
    • Gooigi's neutral special is the Gooball, being faster and weaker than Luigi's Fireball.
    • Gooigi's version of the Green Missile will always misfire if fully charged. However, the misfired version of the move is signifigantly weaker than that of Luigi's from a damage perspective.
    • Gooigi's version of the Super Jump Punch doesn't have the super strong sweetspot of Luigi's (although it still exists, albiet weaker), but to compensate, the sourspot deals more damage, effectively balancing out the two.
Overall, I designed Gooigi to be more standardized compared to Luigi, taking out RNG and things of the like to create a more consistent character that'll still feel right at home for Luigi mains.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Gooigi Changes
  • Attribute Changes
    • Gooigi has much better traction than Luigi.
    • Gooigi is slower than Luigi, although not by too much (I'd imagine about the same run speed as Ryu).
    • Gooigi's jump height is worse than Luigi's, although again, there isn't an extreme difference.
    • Gooigi is slightly lighter than Luigi.
    • Gooigi's spotdodge, dodge roll, and air dodge are generally better than Luigi's.
    • Gooigi cannot crawl, but goes into a puddle form while crouched, giving him a quick evasive option. However, low attacks can still hit him (such as most down tilts or Terry's Power Wave, not that the latter is in SMSB specifically).
  • Moveset Changes
    • Generally, Gooigi's attacks are weaker, but much faster to come out.
    • Gooigi's neutral special is the Gooball, being faster and weaker than Luigi's Fireball.
    • Gooigi's version of the Green Missile will always misfire if fully charged. However, the misfired version of the move is signifigantly weaker than that of Luigi's from a damage perspective.
    • Gooigi's version of the Super Jump Punch doesn't have the super strong sweetspot of Luigi's (although it still exists, albiet weaker), but to compensate, the sourspot deals more damage, effectively balancing out the two.
Overall, I designed Gooigi to be more standardized compared to Luigi, taking out RNG and things of the like to create a more consistent character that'll still feel right at home for Luigi mains.
I like the juxtaposition of my submission being "Luigi but more glass cannon" while yours is "Luigi but less glass cannon"

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Gooigi change:
-Gooigi does not grab opponents with the Poltergust. Instead, he has a more traditional grab, but with a less traditional animation, that being that he turns into a generic green blob that his opponent is trapped in). The up, forward, and backward throw animations are all just Gooigi jerking in certain directions and launching his foes out of him, while the down throw has him slam into the ground with the opponent (combos at later percents than Luigi's down throw, but also does a bit of damage to Gooigi himself). The other throws are just visual changes. This alternative grab Gooigi has (with less range and no (functional) special attributes, but less startup) lets Luigi players used to his pre-Ultimate grab have another choice they can gravitate towards.

-Also, I think Gooigi should be more glass cannon as Triple Wario describes, though I can't think of anything that hasn't already been said on that matter.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Gooigi change:
-Gooigi does not grab opponents with the Poltergust. Instead, he has a more traditional grab, but with a less traditional animation, that being that he turns into a generic green blob that his opponent is trapped in). The up, forward, and backward throw animations are all just Gooigi jerking in certain directions and launching his foes out of him, while the down throw has him slam into the ground with the opponent (combos at later percents than Luigi's down throw, but also does a bit of damage to Gooigi himself). The other throws are just visual changes. This alternative grab Gooigi has (with less range and no (functional) special attributes, but less startup) lets Luigi players used to his pre-Ultimate grab have another choice they can gravitate towards.

-Also, I think Gooigi should be more glass cannon as Triple Wario describes, though I can't think of anything that hasn't already been said on that matter.
This is a voting job - that being said, I am willing to do a period between the end of submissions and start of voting where players who have submitted smaller submissions can choose a bigger submission to attach theirs to.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Submit Final Smashes for Mario, Luigi, DK, and/or Yoshi!

Please submit a Final Smash for one of these fighters!

A full-moveset transformation Final Smash (like Giga Bowser or Wario Man) is allowed - however, we will have a maximum of 10 transformations out of the 50 fighters we'll have in base game.

We'll be doing veterans' final smashes in batch by game (and animations when we get to those) so this will be followed up by Bowser + Peach + Doc, then Diddy + Wario, then Rosa + Jr., then Rool + Daisy + Plant over time.

Mario Finale, Super Dragon, Stampede, Negative Zone, Poltergust G-00, Konga Beat, and Jungle Rush will be avaliable as voting options by default

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Mario: Super Star Rush
Mario's Final Smash would be Super Star Rush.

Mario turns invincible and dashes forwards. If the move connects, Mario will go into a cutscene where he runs across a 3D landscape made of 2D sprites from Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 2, Super Mario Bros. 3 and Super Mario World, knocking out enemies on the way. The foes caught in the move are knocked back so fast the non-controllable Mario has to chase them to give them a big kick.
Yoshi: Fruits of Happiness

The Super Happy Tree appears on the stage, and fruit from it flies into Yoshi's mouth - this isn't an attack of any sort, but heals Yoshi beyond completely - he will now have -50% damage, meaning it'll be a long time until he gets even a little lighter! (Though he doesn't become heavier than 0% either)

DK: Simian Slam

A reference to Melee's intro, much like Yoshi Stampede - DK rises into the air with the camera shifting for a similar scene to the above gif, and then slams down his fist into the stage to create an immense shockwave ball

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Faulty Poltergust (Luigi)
Luigi proudly pulls out his Poltergust G-00 as usual, but holds it up to his nose when it doesn't work at first. Then, the Poltergust blows outward at high speeds, causing it to ricochet across the stage and bouncing off the edges of the screen like a supercharged DVD logo. Luigi hangs on for dear life during this Final Smash, yelling out for help as he grips onto the back strap of his device (though he is invulnerable). The Poltergust deals massive damage and knockback to anyone it hits. Eventually, Luigi manages to press a button on the back of the Poltergust, which causes it to safely and slowly fly him back to the point where he originally activated the attack. His invulnerability ends whenever the player regains control of him.

FazDude

Smash Master
Donkey Kong: Jungle Rush (reimagined)

The Final Smash starts off the same as DK's usual Final Smash in Ultimate, throwing a punch to initiate the attack (although he can only "trap" one opponent with it). The trapped opponent is launched forwards as the screen fades to black. The opponent is then seen flying in the darkness, with DK leaping at them, ready to strike. The big ape then wails on the caught foe in a manner similar to how he finishes off bosses in the Retro Studios DKC games. The cinematic ends with DK uppercutting the opponent, launching them upwards - If the opponent is above 100%, they'll be Star KO'd.

Yoshi: Mega Eggdozer

The Final Smash has Yoshi take out the eponymous projectile from Yoshi's New Island (albiet a bit smaller for balancing reasons) before chucking it forwards. Much like in the original game, the Mega Eggdozer deals major damage upon contact and bounces off walls a couple of times.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
To account for Crashboards, voting for music and special changes, and Gooigi submissions will stay open into tomorrow. To compensate for the slower pace, I will be opening a third submission job

Submit a healing item

Please submit an item that heals the damage of the character who uses it, it can also be used offensively or have a side effect if you desire, and can be based on an existing Smash item

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Small change of plans - voting for music and specials will now be closed - the prior because there hasn't been any votes in a while and the latter because it's at a big enough landslide to not really have any other outcome as a reasonable posiblitiy, however submissions will stay open as planned. I'm sorry for any inconvenience.

Torgo the Bear Torgo the Bear 's song list for Rainbow Cruise will be used, as well as cashregister9 cashregister9 's song list for New Donk City Hall!

Janx_uwu Janx_uwu 's Barrel Bash will replace DK's Headbutt!

Of course, with the end of a music job comes an alternate costumes job!

Submit costume lists for for Gooigi and/or Yoshi!

Please submit a list of either 8 or 16 costume options for each

Since Gooigi is a liquid character, I'd like to request you to refrain from making yellow or white recolours for him. Brown and red are fine however - though I'd rather those also be avoided.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
No Coffee Gooigi? Truly sad.
Gooigi Costumes:
  1. Default (Green)
  2. Blue (Player 2's Gooigi from LM3)
  3. Pink (Player 4's Gooigi from LM3)
  4. Purple (Slinker)
  5. Orange (Oozer)
  6. Black
  7. Knight Gooigi (based off Luigi's knight costume from LM3)
  8. Elvis Gooigi (based off Luigi's Elvis-esque costume from LM3)
Yoshi Costumes:
  1. Default (Green, orange shoes)
  2. Red Yoshi (Blue shoes)
  3. Blue Yoshi (Magenta shoes)
  4. Yellow Yoshi (Green shoes)
  5. Orange Yoshi (Dark blue shoes)
  6. Pink Yoshi (Yellow shoes)
  7. Purple Yoshi (Orange shoes)
  8. White Yoshi (Blue shoes)
  9. Black Yoshi (White shoes)
  10. Yoob-Yoshi (Magenta and green, blue shoes)
  11. Yarn Yoshi (not 1:1 the same as the one from Wooly World for hitbox purposes)
  12. Blue Yarn Yoshi
  13. Pink Yarn Yoshi
  14. Shy Guy Yarn Yoshi
  15. Burt the Yoshi
  16. Cotton Candy Yoshi

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Gooigi recolors:
1. Default
2. Lime Green (limeade)
3. Pink (pink lemonade)
4. Purple (LEAN grape juice)
5. Orange (orange juice)
6. Metallic (mercury)
7. Clear with fizzy bubbles (carbonated water)
8. Brown with fizzy bubbles (soda pop)
(I know brown was advised against, but since there's an indicator that it isn't crap since bubbles, hopefully it can slide.)

Yoshi recolors:
1. Default
2. Beta Yoshi (Dark-ish green body and shell)
3. Blue
4. White
5. Ochre
6. Salmon
7. Black
8. Purple
9. Peach
10. Cyan
11. Yoob
12. Yarn Yoshi
13. Gamecube Yoshi
14. Cotton Candy Yoshi
15. Spooky Yoshi
16. Kamek Yoshi
Note that the costumes below Yarn Yoshi are also yarn. Can't imagine them looking good in Yoshi's normal style.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Yoshi Colors!

1. Green Yoshi
2. Red Yoshi
3. Blue Yoshi
4. Yellow Yoshi
5. Light Blue Yoshi
6. Purple Yoshi
7. Pink Yoshi
8. White Yoshi
9. Black Yoshi
10. Crafted Yoshi
11. Yarn Yoshi
12. Shy Guy Yoshi
13. Baby Bowser Yoshi
14. Kamek Yoshi
15. Orange Inkling Squid Yoshi
16. Isabelle Summer Outfit Yoshi
May I request you choose just one of the crossover amiibo Yoshis to use? You might not have been here for when this was stated, so I can forgive being out of the loop, but crossover-based recolours are allowed so long as 1. either the characters are similar in some way - design, personality, trope, so on (so a Link Mario wouldn't be allowed, but a Zelda Peach would for example) - or there's a basis in canon (the latter is reached there so no worries), and 2. there's only one in a given alt list.

I think I may have to create a definitive policy on crossovers, since even I've been a little inconsistent with them.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Gooigi change submissions are closed!

Before voting begins, I'd like to ask Janx_uwu Janx_uwu if he wants his submission of Gooigi morphing into a blob for grabs to be attached to my submission or FazDude's. Torgo the Bear's has been attached to FazDude's by default as it already has such a change.

Final Smash submissions will close soon. A new fighter job will approach following the closure of Final Smash submissions.

Last edited:
Top Bottom