• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: The Super Smash Bros of Another Universe!

D

Deleted member

Twilight Town
The hometown of Roxas and a major location in the Kingdom Hearts series. Takes place in the middle of the town. Layout wise it could probably be a bit similar to the version seen in Super Smash 2, but with some differences. The clock tower would be in the background and you would be able to spot various characters from the series sitting at it, watching the battle and eating sea salt ice cream.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
I’ll nominate The World that Never Was with the Super Smash Flash layout. This is a major location in the series since this is where Organization XIII is. I’ll give an honorable mention to Castle Oblivion. Members of Organization XIII can be seen in the background.
SSF2 The World That Never Was.png

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I’m gonna submit Hollow Bastion as it appears in smash then. Well anyways here are the options for Job #168. Please vote for your top two most wanted in order. Your own submission can only be in second place.
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Destiny Islands
@Darkonedagger Twilight Town
Pupp135 Pupp135 The World That Never Was
Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule Hollow Bastion

My votes:
1. Twilight Town
2. Hollow Bastion

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Here are the results of the Job #168 voting:
Destiny Islands 2
Twilight Town 12
The World That Never Was 6
Hollow Bastion 15

And so Hollow Bastion will be Sora’s stage. Now onto the next job:

Job #169: Submit A Moveset For Sora
Please submit what you think should be Sora’s moveset. I know most people are probably going to just want his moveset from smash ultimate so if you want to use moves from ultimate in his moveset that’s fine, if you want to make a new moveset for him. All you need to submit are the specials and final smash but you can do more if you want to.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
I’ll nominate his Super Smash Flash 2 moveset.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 169

Neutral, Up and Side Special are the exact same as in ultimate but there is a big change

Sora does not have a traditional shield, Pressing shield causes Sora to guard much like how he does in KH. Getting hit by a Melee attack in this guarded state prompts a counterattack, a ranged attack causes that attack to be reflected.

Down Special is now Strike Raid, Sora Charges and prepares a large throw with his Keyblade. In air you can angle the attack. The longer you charge it the more powerful it is and longer it is out.

Final Smash is now Trinity Finish, Riku and Kairi appear and all three stick their keyblades up into the air touching them causing a large beam of light to emit from it creating giant lasers that go all over the stage. Ending with a giant explosion that KOS anyone over 80%

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
We have a tie so I’ll just remove my vote from this round, meaning the moveset of cashregister9 cashregister9 will be used. Now onto the next character job:

Job #170: Submit A DLC Character
Submit a character who you think should be added as DLC. Please submit the character, explain who they are and a little bit about how they would fight, and why they should be in this game.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
PaRappa the Rapper

🎵Kick, punch, it's all in the mind! A generic brawler is not what you'll find!🎵
PaRappa would likely use a mix of skateboard and karate attacks, but unlike his PSASBR counterpart he'd have specials that directly reference classic raps

PaRappa is the father of modern rhythm gaming and one of Sony's most iconic characters, arguably the most iconic of their PS1-era cast. When PSASBR was announced in our world a lot of the buzz revolved around PaRappa so many players would likely also be surprised by his inclusion in this world. He's also decently well-known to younger generations thanks to memes relating to Asian food and vehicle doors, YouTubers like DanTDM and PewDiePie playing his games, and a certain viral game taking heavy inspiration from him.

D

Deleted member

Shantae

The half genie protecter of Sequin Land. Shantae is an extremely popular indie character. Considering we have Frisk, Shovel Knight and Cuphead I think it would make a lot of sense to add her. She was also a fairly common request for smash in the real universe, even getting spirits and a mii costume. She could have a fun moveset making use of her genie powers, including her ability to transform into animals.

Last edited by a moderator:
DLC Character:
Joker (Persona 5)

Ren, aka Joker is main character of Persona 5 Game. He is Phantom Thieves, who are fighting the Evil like Demons by using their Personas like Arsene or Captain Kidd. Since Joker is in Smash and he is Very Iconic character, so why not add him into this Game as Fighter?

His moveset could be same like in Smash, but he could use Demons to assist him into Battle like Jack Frost. He could retain his Arsene and Rebellion gauge gimmick. His Final Smash could be the same.

I nominate Joker, because he could represent Atlus, Persona and Shin Megami Tensei franchises.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I’ll submit Meat Boy from Super Meat Boy

Super Meat Boy and to a lesser extent the original Meat Boy is one of the first modern indie games to really get big, get a console release, and become popular. I imagine he would fight with a lot of jumps and slides as well as razor blades. He could reference Indie Pogo in a couple of attacks too.

I think he would be a good pick because he would be representation for not only indie games but also flash games as well. His moveset would be pretty unique too. We could also use some more non-human characters as well IMO so I think he would be good.

I’ll submit Meat Boy from Super Meat Boy

Super Meat Boy and to a lesser extent the original Meat Boy is one of the first modern indie games to really get big, get a console release, and become popular. I imagine he would fight with a lot of jumps and slides as well as razor blades. He could reference Indie Pogo in a couple of attacks too.

I think he would be a good pick because he would be representation for not only indie games but also flash games as well. His moveset would be pretty unique too. We could also use some more non-human characters as well IMO so I think he would be good.
I have an Idea:
He could represent Newgrounds/Behemoth/Innersloth games, since he was made on Newgrounds LMAO.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Sim (The Sims)

Saying the sims is influential is a massive understatement. The sims has redefined gaming for casual audiences since it's first release and continues to do so with new content being released all the time.

In terms of gameplay, Sims have emotions and skills that can be honed by doing normal every day tasks. Go about your day and achieve victory.

Each Alt would also be a different famous sim from throughout the franchise from Bella Goth to a Sad Clown

Sim (The Sims)

Saying the sims is influential is a massive understatement. The sims has redefined gaming for casual audiences since it's first release and continues to do so with new content being released all the time.

In terms of gameplay, Sims have emotions and skills that can be honed by doing normal every day tasks. Go about your day and achieve victory.

Each Alt would also be a different famous sim from throughout the franchise from Bella Goth to a Sad Clown
Bro, their reveal could be Funny.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I have an Idea:
He could represent Newgrounds/Behemoth/Innersloth games, since he was made on Newgrounds LMAO.
I think if meat boy got in, allowing content from literally every Newgrounds developers might be a bit much but I could probably allow content from the binding of isaac and Edmund McMillen’s other works

I think if meat boy got in, allowing content from literally every Newgrounds developers might be a bit much but I could probably allow content from the binding of isaac and Edmund McMillen’s other works
You're right, but actually you could implement Imposter (Among Us) and Henry Stickmin.
That's not actually too much, some of them won't appear like Tankman or Hank, since theyre 4th parties.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Here are the results of the Job #170 voting:
Cloud 3
PaRappa the Rapper 13
Shantae 3
Joker 15
Meat Boy 9
The Sims 6
Tidus 5

And so Joker will be added as a DLC character! Just like with Sora, Joker was added to smash pretty recently as far as the series goes but we will still do submissions for their stages and profiles.

Also I have another thing: the way we’re doing DLC means we end up getting a lot of resubmission for characters and it goes by kind of slow. So to prevent this and make this thread more interesting I’m going to change it so that the next two DLC characters will get added from these jobs. Meaning PaRappa the Rapper will be the DLC character after Joker! Now onto the next job:

Job #171: Submit A Stage For Joker
Submit what you think should be Joker’s stage. Please submit a location and a layout. If it’s the same as Mementos but with a different layout that’s fine.

D

Deleted member

Velvet Room

Has a sort of similar layout to Kalos Pokemon League. Igor will sit at his desk in the background and Caroline and Justine will walk around in the background, sometimes in the form of Lavenza. Elizabeth from P3 may even show up in rare occasions.

Top Bottom