• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Super Smash Bros. Reboot

Which Echo should we add?

• Funky over DK

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shadow over Sonic

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
Job 5:

While not a recent character, I'm submitting Lyn as a Fire Emblem newcomer. I agree that there are too many Fire Emblem characters currently in Smash, but we are starting fresh with this project and Marth didn't get in after the second job. In addition to her game bring Fire Emblem overseas, Lyn is a popular character amongst fans of the series, topping the Choose Your Legends poll, even surpassing Ike and Roy in votes. It would also be nice to see her in an actual game after the cancellation of Project M.

As for the returning character, I'm resubmitting Wario, equipped with a moveset themed around Wario Land/World to better represent him.

Job 6:

I'll just cover his specials:
B: Fireball (remains the same)
Side B: Hammer (a chargeable attack, where he pulls out his hammer from the M&L games and slams it down)
Up B: Propeller Box (the item of the same name from 3D Land appears on his head and he flies upwards)
Down B: Cappy Spin (functions similarly to the Mario Tornado in previous games)
Final Smash: Mega Mario (grows to a gargantuan size and is completely invulnerable in this state)

Last edited:

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Job #5.1: Marth
1640718310605.png

Fire Emblem is a Nintendo series that is too popular too ignore, and I still think Marth is a fantastic choice due to his relevance in the series, how unique he used to be until Swordfighters existed in Smash 4, and is a popular character for FE. We could add new Fire Emblem characters, but I think Marth is generally a perfect rep for Fire Emblem right now (then we can add more interesting additions, but Marth is Fire Emblem's Jotaro, you can't have a JoJo Crossover without Jotaro [I assume]).

Job #5.2: Dillon The Armadillo
1640719107663.png

Dillon is an Armadillo from the Dillon's Rolling Western trilogy exclusive on the 3DS. Dillon would bring along a fast gameplay being able to roll, claw, and use multiple items from the game (particularly stuff like Freeze, Bomb, the boosters you can see on Dillon's belt, and more). I think Dillon would be unique in that he could have a "get better as the game goes on" moveset which is not really in Smash right now. Potentially Dillon could do stuff like get upgrades, place towers, and get better moves using Money (maybe the one time use items like Freeze and Bomb for example).
I need to replay the Dillon series, I'm starting to forget things tbh. Still think Dillon would be really neat though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Olimar

Pikmin is still a series Nintendo likes to promote, it just got a mobile game and Pikmin are a big part of the Super Nintendo World theme park.

Ring Fit Trainee
Ring Fit Adventure is one of Nintendo biggest new games in a while and I think it would be good to get a new IP in here and a character who represents the more casual side of things. She would serve as a more modern replacement for Wii Fit Trianer (though I wouldn't be opposed to bringing her back down the line.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Veteran: Shulk (Xenoblade)
Shulk Artwork XBC1.png
Xenoblade is a growing series, and Shulk is the original protagonist and appears in Xenoblade 2 as DLC.

Newcomer: Isaac (Golden Sun)

Taken from the Golden Sun wiki, which in turn took it from Golden Sun
Golden Sun would add a new retro series (I count it as retro at this point since the last entry was almost 12 years years ago) in this case, which was something absent from Ultimate. Also, he is a decently requested character, and a moveset with Psynergy and swords would be interesting to see.

Mario Specials: I’ll keep the neutral and down specials along with Mario Finale, but I’ll use Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds ’s side special (Cappy) and for my up special, I’ll do spin attack (this would give Mario an upward thrust, hurting players who are nearby.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 5:
New:
ExciteBiker (Excite) (Resubmission)

ExciteBiker
is one of Characters from Excite Series and he is a Guy, who rides on Bike and races with other ExciteBikers on ExciteBike Arena. He is one of Nintendo's Classic characters with modern titles and even Iconic Retro character, who was made by Nintendo.
ExciteBiker debuted on 1984's Side-Scrolling racing game called "ExciteBike" released on Nintendo Entertainment System (NES), which it had huge sales.
He originally was meant to be in Melee, but he was replaced by Ice Climbers and he later appeared in Brawl as Assist Trophy and in SSB4 was Trophy along being a spirit in Ultimate.

His moveset could borrow stuff from "Excite" games, like NES ExciteBike, ExciteBike 64 and other titles like ExciteTruck, which it could be unique moveset due attacking opponents on Bike. He could be Middleweight Rushdown character with Fastest speed (Not counting Sonic and 3rd Partiesif they were in Smash reboot) and he could have a Gimmick named "Temperature Meter" where Excitebiker Dashes or attacks, which it rises the Temperature in his Bike. When it's full, his bike Explodes and after 2 seconds while being stunned, it rejoins and he comes back on his Bike.

I nominate ExciteBiker as Fighter, because he could represent NES Era in Smash as Fighter, which it could be very cool addition to Smash like Ice Climbers in Melee.

Returning: Mii Fighters

Miis are Nintendo's Avatars which they appeared first on Wii, but they appeared on later Nintendo systems like Wii U, 3DS and Switch. They could have same role in Smash like Gunner, Brawler and Swordfighter.

Job 6:
Mario Moveset:

Neutral Special: Fireball - Mario throws a Fireball straight like in Smash. Only change is where Mario can charge his Fireball to make it Bigger.

Side Special: Cappy - Mario possesses near opponent for 4 seconds and he takes control the Opponent's body. After 4 seconds, he jumps out of it, which it gives great damage. Cappy can reflect Projectiles like Cape and it can also serve as a Trampoline if it holds longer in Air.

Up Special: Helicopter Mushroom - Mario has Helicopter power-up and goes upwards like in NSMB games and he can descend down with it while mid-air. It can give normal Spamming damage like Super Jumo Punch.

Down Special: FLUDD - Acts same like in Smash, but when mid-air, it turns into FLUDD Jetpack, which it could give damage downwards and he could spike with Stream when opponent is Under him.

Final Smash: Mega Finale - Mario grabs Mega Mushroom and does the Same Final Smash (Mario Finale) like in Smash games, but there is 3rd Fireball that goes Straightforwards.

Job 5:

While not a recent character, I'm submitting Lyn as a Fire Emblem newcomer. I agree that there are too many Fire Emblem characters currently in Smash, but we are starting fresh with this project and Marth didn't get in after the second job. In addition to her game bring Fire Emblem overseas, Lyn is a popular character amongst fans of the series, topping the Choose Your Legends poll, even surpassing Ike and Roy in votes. It would also be nice to see her in an actual game after the cancellation of Project M.

As for the returning character, I'm resubmitting Wario, equipped with a moveset themed around Wario Land/World to better represent him.

Job 6:

I'll just cover his specials:
B: Fireball (remains the same)
Side B: Hammer (a chargeable attack, where he pulls out his hammer from the M&L games and slams it down)
Up B: Propeller Box (the item of the same name from 3D Land appears on his head and he flies upwards)
Down B: Cappy Spin (functions similarly to the Mario Tornado in previous games)
Final Smash: Mega Mario (grows to a gargantuan size and is completely invulnerable in this state)
Job #5.1: Marth
View attachment 341203
Fire Emblem is a Nintendo series that is too popular too ignore, and I still think Marth is a fantastic choice due to his relevance in the series, how unique he used to be until Swordfighters existed in Smash 4, and is a popular character for FE. We could add new Fire Emblem characters, but I think Marth is generally a perfect rep for Fire Emblem right now (then we can add more interesting additions, but Marth is Fire Emblem's Jotaro, you can't have a JoJo Crossover without Jotaro [I assume]).

Job #5.2: Dillon The Armadillo
View attachment 341207

Dillon is an Armadillo from the Dillon's Rolling Western trilogy exclusive on the 3DS. Dillon would bring along a fast gameplay being able to roll, claw, and use multiple items from the game (particularly stuff like Freeze, Bomb, the boosters you can see on Dillon's belt, and more). I think Dillon would be unique in that he could have a "get better as the game goes on" moveset which is not really in Smash right now. Potentially Dillon could do stuff like get upgrades, place towers, and get better moves using Money (maybe the one time use items like Freeze and Bomb for example).
I need to replay the Dillon series, I'm starting to forget things tbh. Still think Dillon would be really neat though.

Olimar

Pikmin is still a series Nintendo likes to promote, it just got a mobile game and Pikmin are a big part of the Super Nintendo World theme park.

Ring Fit Trainee
Ring Fit Adventure is one of Nintendo biggest new games in a while and I think it would be good to get a new IP in here and a character who represents the more casual side of things. She would serve as a more modern replacement for Wii Fit Trianer (though I wouldn't be opposed to bringing her back down the line.)
Veteran: Shulk (Xenoblade)
Shulk Artwork XBC1.png
Xenoblade is a growing series, and Shulk is the original protagonist and appears in Xenoblade 2 as DLC.

Newcomer: Isaac (Golden Sun)

Taken from the Golden Sun wiki, which in turn took it from Golden Sun
Golden Sun would add a new retro series (I count it as retro at this point since the last entry was almost 12 years years ago) in this case, which was something absent from Ultimate. Also, he is a decently requested character, and a moveset with Psynergy and swords would be interesting to see.

Mario Specials: I’ll keep the neutral and down specials along with Mario Finale, but I’ll use Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds ’s side special (Cappy) and for my up special, I’ll do spin attack (this would give Mario an upward thrust, hurting players who are nearby.
Excitebiker
Lyn
Ring Fit Trainee
Dillon
Isaac

Mii Fighters
Wario
Olimar
Marth
Shulk

Vote for your top 3 in each category

Mario Moveset Vote

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
1. Isaac
2. Dillon
3. ExciteBiker

1. Shulk
2. Marth
3. Olimar

Honorable Mention to Mii Fighters, I want Miis back but I REALLY don't want the three classes anymore and I don't know how to bring it up or when to, but I want them to have more custom options instead of just 3 special moves and for the ability to make you truly feel like you're playing a character that otherwise wouldn't be in (I don't feel like I'm playing Dante in Smash Ultimate, I feel like I'm playing someone cosplaying as him for example. What if we could have a central weapon but custom moves across the board, give the Mii with focus on swords a custom that allows him to pull up a gun, or something like that)

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Happy New Year, and I hope everyone’s 2022 is going well so far.

Since this is a mew item, I’ll nominate the geosphere from Fire Emblem, which causes 20 damage to each player

Last edited:
Job 7:
Hyrule Overworld (Legend of Zelda)

Hyrule Overworld is a stage that is Based on Legend of Zelda games.
It takes place at Plain of Hyrule, where iconic Zelda locations are appearing in Background like Hyrule Castle from Smash 64 and Ocarina of Time.

The Layout of Hyrule Overworld is actually similar to Find Mii, but it doesn't have a pit and it's larger than Find Mii Map. The lighting of Grass resembles the Older Zelda games, but the Textures are callbacks to Modern Zelda games like BotW.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
I’d do a renovated Hyrule Castle for Link’s stage.

The center of the stage will only have two soft platforms instead of one, and the two edge areas become symmetric. Also, the torndado is no longer present,

As a reference to ALttP, I’d have Agahnim appear as a hazard that will use magic balls and lightning balls to attack players.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Since there hasn’t been a nomination yet, I’ll just nominate to change Link’s neutral special into something similar to Monado Arts, which allows him to choose a specific item as his side special. Items include arrows, boomerang, and the Ice Rod/Fire Rod from ALttP, which work like how they did in those games.

Last edited:
Job 9:
New Assist:

Muddy Mole (Mole mania)

Muddy Mole is main Protagonist of Gameboy Title called Mole Mania, which is the Puzzle game and Muddy needs to save his Family before Farmer Jinbe will keep them in his house forever.

When summoned, Muddy would act like Knuckles, where he digs underground and he throws Metal balls at Opponents, dealing heavy damage. He could even push the ball to roll it on the ground.
He also moves opponents by pushing them or he also does a uppercut-like move when it burrows under the opponent.

Returning Assist
Nintendog (Nintendogs)

It acts same, but it uses Shiba Inu design.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
SSBU spirit Krystal.png
I’ll nominate Krystal as my returning assist, and she works as she does in Ultimate.
Lip
For my new assist, I’ll nominate Lip from Panel de Pon.
With this assist, panels will start on the ground, and new panels will come up as time passes. While the panels rise, panels are being matched up for those near the player who summoned Lip, so blocks are removed by the player, so they do not get star KO’ed.

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Returning - Color TV Game

Cool reference & likely not possible as a fighter.

New - Doshin

Obscure reference, not a likely fighter. Would be cool to see him return in a decent role after being a trophy in melee only to not be referenced in Smash again.

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Returning - Metroid
1642286031721.png

The Metroids are enemies from the Metroid series. They are slightly popular but not likely fighter material so they don't deconfirm a highly wanted character, and it's overall a nice and simple AT you can't go wrong with. Acts like it does in Ultimate

New - Guardian (BOTW)
1642285411430.png

The Guardians are ancient machines created by the Sheikah meant to aid in battle but got controlled and are now attacking everyone. With how popular BOTW is I thought it could use an AT and thought the Guardian was the best choice.

They'd be fast with an impact dash hitting anyone in the way, they could have their legs destroyed to move slower or to stop moving, and they shoot a slow but devastating laser (comparable to a slightly weaker Dark Pit final smash).

D

Deleted member

For the returning assist I will submit Samurai Goroh. Acts like he does in real smash.

New Assist:

E.M.M.I

He will roam around the stage, looking for fighters. When someone ends up in his spotlight, it will turn red and he will attack.

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
  • Returning: Bomberman (Acts similar like in Ultimate)
  • New: Pac-Man (Acts similar like in earlier versions of Super Smash Flash 2)
I was originally going to post Nintendo assists, but didn't come up with good ideas, so i decided to birng them.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
While there hasn’t been a new job in awhile, will we decide on a roster size since this is a “reboot,” or will there be a set number already chosen?

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 9

New Assist
Muddy Mole Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds
Lip Pupp135 Pupp135
Doshin nirvanafan nirvanafan
Guardian CheeseAnton CheeseAnton
E.M.M.I. @Darkonedagger

Returning Assist
Nintendog Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds
Krystal Pupp135 Pupp135
Color TV Game 15 nirvanafan nirvanafan
Metroid CheeseAnton CheeseAnton
Samurai Goroh @Darkonedagger

vote for your top 3 in each category, your own can only be in second or third place

Sorry HyperSomari64 HyperSomari64 I should have clarified that this was First Party Assists, I will make sure it's more clear in the future! (and there will be third party jobs in the future)

While there hasn’t been a new job in awhile, will we decide on a roster size since this is a “reboot,” or will there be a set number already chosen?
In fact that is the next job!

Job 10

How big should the roster be, The only requirement is that it has to be less than Ultimate's.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
1. E.M.M.I
2. Muddy Mole
3. Lip

1. Metroid
2. Nintendog
3. Samurai Goroh

Job 10: I’m going with 40.
While it was stated that the roster would be 1/3 of Ultimate’s size if we started from scratch, having Melee sized roster feels a little too small in this case. Like the others above, I think something around Brawl’s size is good.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
New Assist
Muddy Mole Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds 4
Lip Pupp135 Pupp135 6
Doshin nirvanafan nirvanafan 3
Guardian CheeseAnton CheeseAnton 3
E.M.M.I. @Darkonedagger 8

Returning Assist
Nintendog Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds 4
Krystal Pupp135 Pupp135 6
Color TV Game 15 nirvanafan nirvanafan 1
Metroid CheeseAnton CheeseAnton 4
Samurai Goroh @Darkonedagger 3

E.M.M.I. Will be added and Krystal will return

The Roster size will be 40.

and with that new information

Job 11

Submit a new First Party character from a represented franchise and a returning first party character from a non-represented franchise

Job 12

Submit a new moveset for Samus

Last edited:
Job 11:
Kamek (Yoshi)
Represented:

Job about Bonus Fighter!
Kamek the Magikoopa (Yoshi Series)

Kamek is main Antagonist of Yoshi series. He is magikoopa that stole Baby Luigi from Yoshi and Baby Mario and they need to save Baby Luigi before Kamek gives him to baby Bowser.
Kamek is iconic Mario Character and he could have potential for Super Smash Bros.

His moveset in Smash Reboot would be similar to his appearances in the Game's like he could use his Spells as Neutral B that gives opponents random effects or Up B can be Broom Flight like Ashley's, but he could also use his Neutral B while flying. He could also do random stuff like sending Shy Guys or Yoshi Mooks for help in random attacks like Side Smash.
Also, his Final Smash could be Naval Piranha, where it eats fighter and KOes them without the issue.

I picked Kamek as WTF character, because he could be another Yoshi rep for the roster and we needed it for long time. Also, it could be inspiration taken from Paraster's thread of Alternate SSBU DLC, where he appeared instead of Piranha Plant. Also he could fit like Piranha Plant, since they both are Enemies from Mario Universe.
THAT'S ALL I WANT TO SAY ABOUT KAMEK.
Unrepresented:
Ice Climbers (Resubmission)
Job 4:
Ice Climbers

I nominate them, because they could represent NES Era of Nintendo like in Melee (Ah, good times!) and they could work like in Smash, which they could have Reversed Traction and being as Duo Fighter.
They could get some Reworks in the Game like Smash attack replacement for example.

Baysha

Smash Ace
Represented Newcomer: Cinderace
815Cinderace.png
I know it's kind of a meme, but we don't have any Pokemon reps outside of Pikachu yet. Moveset wise, they could play like a soccer player, juggling a ball of fire around the battlefield while also using it as a ranged projectile.

Unrepresented Veteran: Marth

Marth

Like it or not, FE is a high selling and popular Nintendo series nowadays. I think FE should stay, but we should cut down on the number or reps. Marth could be joined by a newcomer down the line.
I'm too lazy to come up with my own text so I'm just quoting Darkonedagger

Last edited:
Top Bottom