• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: SSBU Plus (Job #7: 3 new stages)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
With the addition of Sora as the last DLC fighter, the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate we know has concluded. But regardless, we still all like to dream about what a potential "definitive edition" would look like, and so I decided to do this creation thread to craft this hypothetical dream of ours.

With that being said, here are a few ground rules:
  • Only I can move us on to the next day (usually when I have the time), but you can politely ask me to move us on
  • No changes that feel like they should be part of making an entirely new game (for example, veteran overhauls)
  • If a tie happens, we will be doing a tiebreaker vote
  • No non-videogame content
  • No two submissions can have the same thing
  • Keep your submissions on the same topic as the current job
  • Most importantly above everything else, be kind and respectful to each other
Job #7: 3 new stages
Here's what we have so far:
Waluigi.png
Waluigi
Alph.png
#40ε
Alph

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Last edited:

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Alright, we got some good activity here! Let's check the submissions:
Vote for the three you think are the best; you can vote for your own submission, but keep it as the 2nd or 3rd of your votes. For me:
  1. Deluxe
  2. Plus
  3. Encore
You missed mine, I had Ultimate² (Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Squared)

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Alright, we got some good activity here! Let's check the submissions:
Vote for the three you think are the best; you can vote for your own submission, but keep it as the 2nd or 3rd of your votes. For me:
  1. Deluxe
  2. Plus
  3. Encore
1. Super Smash Bros Ultimate - Deluxe!
2. Super Smash Bros Ultimate - Encore!
3. Super Smash Bros Ultimate Plus!

Perkilator

Smash Legend
  • Plus: 15
  • Encore: 7
  • Deluxe: 14
  • Ultimate²: 0
  • New: 8
  • Complete: 0
  • Champion Edition: 1
And so this rerelease shall be named "Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Plus"! With that being said...

Job #2: 4 newcomers
Just as it says, we're going to be adding 4 newcomers to Plus. Here's the specific criteria:
  • 2 first party newcomers
  • 1 third party newcomer
  • 1 Echo Fighter (can be 1st or 3rd party)
Here are my submissions:
Waluigi.png
Waluigi
Invites Himself!
Bandana Waddle Dee.png
Bandana Waddle Dee
Lends a Helping Hand!
Dr. Eggman (Fighter).png
Dr. Eggman
Wants a Load of This!
Alph.png
Alph
Drives Home!

Last edited:
Job 2:
My Newcomers for Smash:
1640272505066.png

Andross
Takes his Smashing Revenge!
1640272520625.png

ExciteBiker
Rides with his excitement into Smash!
1640272548541.png

Doom Slayer
Rips and Tears!
1640272594313.png

Dixie Kong (Echo for Diddy)
Goes for a Spin!
Andross: Andross could be cool fighter from Star Fox franchise, because he could be better Villain Rep fitting for Roster. Besides that, Andross could be another Big-scaled fighter, but with more unique moveset than Fox and others. I could want to see Andross as Playable Character over Metallic Face Assist Trophy role and he could have better potential referencing Star Fox bosses during his moveset. He wasn't that too much Requested, but he could be unique Star Fox character in Smash and that's why I want him.

ExciteBiker: Well, I wanna include him in Smash, because he was used to be requested in Melee, but he was replaced by Ice Climbers before Melee came out. He could could another Retro Rep for the game due to being one of Nintendo's Iconic Classic Character, who debuted in 1984 on NES as Side Scrolling Racing game. He could have unique moveset Potential while fighting on Bike and doing insane tricks. That's why I want him as Retro character in Smash Ultimate Plus.

Doom slayer: He is one of most Highly requested 3rd Party characters and he could be Bethesda rep. Nuff said.

Dixie Kong: One of Most requested Nintendo Echo characters for Smash. Could fit perfectly as another DK Rep. Nuff said.

Last edited:

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
1640274828332.png
Akira Howard
Chains the Competition!
1640276563978.png

Dillon The Armadillo
Rolls into the battle!
1640276352768.png

Jill Valentine
Eliminates the Competition!
1640275450288.png
Twilight Link
Returns to Battle!

Akira Howard: Obvious inclusion, Astral Chain is moderately popular and would make a really interesting fighter. Also would bring an awesome stage.
Dillon The Armadillo: Dillon is the protagonist of the Dillon Rolling Western series, a mostly Eshop exclusive trilogy on the 3DS. He comes from a tower defense game where you gather materials during day to protect against the night and he can directly attack the upcoming monsters. Dillon would bring a unique aesthetic being old western, would be a great Eshop rep, would make me really happy seriously please I've been trying my hardest and I still couldn't get him in Infinite, and I feel bad because I failed him, and also having a battle between The Red Flash (nickname in game) vs The Blue Blur (sonic) would be an amazing battle.
Jill Valentine: A relatively safe pick, Jill is one of the protagonists of RE1 and the protagonist of RE3. She could bring a unique inventory management system.
Twilight (Princess) Link: The only character that didn't return for Ultimate, he is extremely different from the Links we have in that he's the only one who still has Gale Boomerang and is a heavyweight with a Clawshot. Honestly the fact he wasn't an echo for the first game still makes me somewhat sad, they just removed a playstyle without acknowledging it. TL would have most moves with BOTW Link but would have a timed bomb, Gale Boomerang, and his Clawshot for air and grabs.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Hm... well, let's see what we can do here.

1640276643446.png
1640277481006.png
1640276458291.png
1640278274970.png
Sukapon
strikes with joy in his heart!
Toxtricity
rocks on with electrifying force!
M.Bison
psycho-crushes the competition!
Metal Sonic
gears up for the hunt!

Let me explain all of these a little.

Sukapon was chosen mostly due to the fact that Joy Mech Fight was, after all, one of Nintendo's earliest fighting games. Not only this, but I think that he'd be a good choice here - whilst characters like Geno have been discussed as a newcomer since the Brawl era, Sukapon was a massively requested character as far back as the original Smash 2 polls shortly after the first Smash game. Whilst he is an Assist Trophy... I feel like it would be reasonable to bring him in as playable.

Toxtricity was chosen for more of a reason of "promotion," but primarily to represent Pokemon's 8th Generation. Whilst there's a lot of different potential Pokemon that could work here, Toxtricity could be a cool stance change Pokemon if you act fast and loose with his abilities - changing between Amped Form and Low-Key Form would change Toxtricity's moves accordingly. Amped Form has a focus on electricity, with faster moves and a rushdown style, but Low-Key Form has a focus on poison, with slower moves but a more trapper/stage-control-based playstyle.

M.Bison might be a weird pick, but hear me out. Street Fighter absolutely deserves a third playable character, but I think a villain would be a good fit. Whilst a character like Akuma could be an echo, it wouldn't be reasonable in this case since, well, Ken is already here. Whilst characters like Chun-Li or Guile could work, I feel a villain works here to balance out Ryu... and whilst characters like Gill, Vega or Seth would be cool to see, M.Bison is by far the most recognisable. He has a powerful close-up playstyle with slow attacks, but plenty of zoning and midrange options.

Metal Sonic again seems like a weird pick, but hear me out. An Echo for Sonic isn't a bad idea - but someone like Shadow has more than enough moveset potential on his own, and I feel Classic Sonic wouldn't be popular, even if it could be quite fun. As such, Metal Sonic is here - and I think it would work well to give him some different specials and attacks here and there, but use Sonic as a base, similar to Ryu and Ken. For instance, his Black Shield would work well as a Neutral-B reflector - and a move like V.Maximum Overdrive would work well as an alternate variation of the Spin Dash.

Anyways, I hope at least a couple of these folks are somewhat interesting! :D

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Mind if I join in?

My picks for Job #2 are...
  1. Bandanna Dee (First-Party)
    • While I'm not really a fan of the Kirby series, I feel it deserves at least one character to round out the "core four" that the series has focused on since Return to Dream Land. Moveset-wise, I think he could take inspiration from Star Allies and Kirby Fighters 2, since those games have similar control schemes to Smash anyway.
  2. Skull Kid (First-Party)
    • The Zelda franchise hasn't gotten a new non-clone character since Melee, so a new fighter is long overdue IMO. I was thinking his moveset could borrow inspiration from his appearance in Hyrule Warriors.
  3. Crash Bandicoot (Third-Party)
    • Crash is one of my most wanted third-party fighters. 'Nuff said.
  4. Octoling (Echo for Inkling)
    • Kind of an obvious choice, but I'd still really like it. I'd prefer a focus on weapons exclusive to the base game of Splatoon 2, but I don't mind leaning on Octo Expansion a bit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom