• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: SSB If It Was Created During the Switch Era

Masked Borb

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-3140-1930-0932
Fighters:
1. Luigi - So NOW it's okay to add Luigi? After all I was told after submitting him earlier?
2. Zelda - Why not?
3. King Dedede - Apologies, my fellow Bandana Dee hopers. It hurts me to say it, but I just can't see a world where he gets in over the King or the Knight. Especially since Forgotten Land wouldn't be out yet in this timeframe.

Assist Trophies:
1. Squid Sisters
2. Hammer Bro
3. Soren

Job 41: Stage:
Gerudo Town (Legend Of Zelda)

I figure we could use a desert-y stage of sorts. I could see a few shops being used as bounce pads to use while in the air. As you fight, several of the Gerudo, with a special appearance by Urbosa, all watch as you duke it out.

Job 42: Samus & Kirby Alts:
Blue (Default) - Dread Suit
Pink - Super's Gravity Suit
Brown - Dark Suit
Purple - Prime's Gravity Suit
Green - Sakurai's "Green Samus"
White - Light Suit
Black & Cyan - Dark Samus
Orange - Varia Suit/Iconic Orange

Pink (Default) - Kirby
Yellow - Keeby
Blue - The Blue One that has no name for some reason
Green - "Kusamochi" is apparently a codename, but it's too cute to not be its name
Red - That red one from Amazing Mirror that also has no name
Orange- The orange one from Battle Royale that doesn't have a name either
Dark & Swirly Purple, White Eyes & Mouth - Shadow Kirby
White + New Face - Classic Kirby

History Cards:
Red & Charizard (Pokemon)
Blue & Blastoise (Pokemon)

Zeke & Pandoria (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)
Tora & Poppi (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)

Last edited:

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
Fighters:
1. Zelda: I have spoken at length about how I consider a new Zelda character to be of paramount importance and I think that the owner of the Triforce of Wisdom makes perfect sense. It will be very fun to come up with a moveset for her, considering how Zelda's moveset in the OT Smash series is based on the four spells from Ocarina of Time and the only reasons why Zelda had that moveset is that OoT was the most recent Zelda game at that time and Zelda has been shown as capable of harnessing magic. And this makes her inclusion even more interesting to me!
2. Yoshi: Let's face it, Luigi is going to be included regardless of the results of this job. So I'd be interested in rounding up the big Mario characters by adding Yoshi, as the fifth most important face in that series. I think that Luigi and Zelda will be added, but I will still cast my vote for my preferred choice here.
3. King Dedede: This addition would complete the three characters I absolutely feel like they are required to round up the currently represented series (besides Luigi who, again, I think could appear as a clone as well). King Dedede is also interesting as he would be yet another "villain" and a big body too, completing the trifecta of him (the King of Dream Land), Bowser (the King of Koopas), and DK (the King of the Jungle).

Very quickly, I'd like to give a shoutout to some great choices:
  • Both Villager and Tom Nook were interesting additions to spice up the current Animal Crossing representation. Personally, I'd go with Villager, but since we already have Isabelle I think that Tom Nook might make a bit more sense. At any rate, I would NOT be upset if anyone of them showed up in a future job.
  • Waddle Dee is an enlightened choice only held back by the fact that King Dedede is one of my favorite characters in gaming and that we may just be running short of slots to have both of them. But if we are planning to do DLCs for this game you bet I am supporting him!
  • Luigi feels like an inevitable choice. And that makes a ton of sense, I mean, it's Luigi! I haven't voted for him simply because I can see him being a clone, so we would have one more free slot for a non-clone fighter, but I can't wait to design a moveset for the green brother, trying to balance his Mario-inspiration and add enough flavor to have him stand out on his own.

Assist Trophies
1. Squid Sisters: I am not a huge fan of the idols in Splatoon (or in real life, for that matter), but even I cannot deny their importance to the series. Now, with Pyra and Mythra, as well as the Pokemon Trainer, I cannot see them being stance changing fighters. At the same time, I cannot see them being Ice Climbers-like fighters, simply because I think they'd be a bit overwhelming with an ink gimmick attached on top of their duo gimmick. But as Assist Trophies, they are a great addition! You may even call them ink-redible!
2. Spiny: Some simpler ATs are also very welcome! I like some simple enemies to play a role in this category as well and Spiny is a neat candidate!
3. Soren: I stand by the idea that representing characters coming from other nooks of the Fire Emblem series is a good idea and considering how vast the rosters of those games picking a non-Lord for some role is a nice touch. Anyway, I won't die on this hill. I have never even played the Tellius duology anyway...

Stage: NES Remix
UNESRNewCover.jpg

A very retro stage! Initially, fighters would be pit in a stage similar to Pokemon Stadium, but NES themed (the main platform is actually a NES) and the two floating platforms are inclined. However, the stage has various transformations:
  • One themed after Super Mario Bros., where the stage turns into the first screen of World 1-1, modified to remove the walk-offs.
  • A recreation of the first level of Donkey Kong, 25m.
  • One themed after Punch-Out!!: the fighters are on a ring and sprites of Little Mac and Von Kaiser fight against each other. Their punches can damage players, but they can be defeated if hit enough times.
  • One themed after Ice Climber: the stage transforms into two parallel ice platforms made of ice cubes which can be destroyed.
  • One themed after Balloon Fight, being similar to the first stage of that game only without walk-offs.
  • One themed after The Legend of Zelda: the stage remains largely the same, only changing its aesthetic to match the one from the game, while on the background some scenes of Link exploring Hyrule play.
  • One themed after NES Open Tournament Golf: the stage gets flat and in the background one can see the map of a golf course. However, when the ball is hit in the background, a ball projectile appears on stage.
  • One themed after Clu Clu Land, where Bubbles flies around the stage and stuns players using her shockwaves.
  • Finally, one themed after Tennis, where the stage turns into a tennis court and the sprites of two players in the background exchange the tennis ball, which deals damage to the fighters in the foreground.
The stage cycles randomly through the nine variations. I wanted to add a stage which doesn't represent any series in particular, but it pays homage to the whole NES era (and the two NES Remix games).

Louie G.

Smash Hero
1. Zelda
2. King Dedede
3. Luigi

Sorry I haven't really been contributing as much lately, but I've just needed to shift my priorities elsewhere. Still, the reason I sat out from last round doesn't really have to do with that and has more to do with the fact that pretty much every character I cared to talk about was nominated. My votes are pretty boring, but I think they're the right ones. After Peach and Bowser have already made it, and given that Luigi can be a clone if need be, adding onto other series feels like the right move and Zelda is the obvious step forward. I don't see a roster without her in it so we ought to just get it out of the way. I'm also voting for King Dedede because... well, I just love the guy. And I do believe his moveset would stand out among the pack here. I'm uncertain if Kirby is the series that absolutely needs a second character right now but given how colorful its cast is and how naturally they pivot over to Smash in the first place, it's not a bad call.

And alright, I mean Luigi could be a clone like we said, but should he be one? Luigi's got a hell of a strong personality, and has some of his own adventures to lean into, so I think there's plenty that can be done to make him unique even if he's still deviating off the jist of Mario's moveset. I guess then the question should be "what does a clone look like in this game?" and seeing if Luigi fits that bill - if it's a Melee style clone, I'm not sure if it's the right move. And frankly seeing how Mario uses Cappy for some of his moves I think it might be strange to see Luigi do that.

Honorable mentions toward Tom Nook and Squid Sisters. I would like to see Tom Nook get onto the roster soon and will probably be gunning more for him as we move closer toward the supplemental stuff (but we're going to need more justification than "he's more of a character than Villager"... I wish some characters got more in-depth explanations for their nominations but I digress). Squid Sisters are a shame, IMO. I wanted to endorse an idol duo for this game but the double whammy of Pyra / Mythra and Pokemon Trainer discouraged me from pursuing it much further. And everyone seems eager to throw them into the AT role, so whatever. Maybe we can talk about Off the Hook or DJ Octavio later. Between these series and the ones I voted for, I think that should be our general pool for IP that warrant secondary reps.

Oh yeah, and Marth. I don't really know what to make of Marth here but I do think I want someone like Marth in the game. I had been tossing around the idea of bringing in Chrom, who is close to a modern series face equivalent to Marth, but FE celebrates its history enough to justify the man himself. In any case I would like to see us add a more traditional swordie at some point. I think, archetypically speaking, Smash is better for having Marth around.

1. Soren
2. Nia
3. Hammer Bro

I'd vote for Resetti, but I assumed that Cranky Kong was kind of doing his job for him in this version.

darkvortex

Smash Champion
  1. Zelda
  2. Luigi
  3. Dedede

1. Hammer Bro
  2. Soren
  3. Squid Sisters
Luigi's_Hotel.jpg

Last Resort (Luigi's Mansion 3)
A stage that goes upwards though the mansion, using a lift like system that stops on each floor. Each floor has a pretty simple layout it is themed differently

Cards
Grookey, Scorbunny, and Sobble
Mewtwo

Morag and Brighid
Malos

Pupp135

Smash Champion
Here are the votes

Villager 2
Yoshi 9
King Dedede 5
Bandana Waddle Dee 3
Princess Zelda 22
Luigi 22
Tom Nook
Diddy Kong 2
Marth 1
Squid Sisters

Princess Zelda and Luigi are the next fighters.

Squid Sisters 14
Nia 6
Hammer Bro 20
Spiny 4
Riki
Burrowing Snagget 4
Soren 8
Mr. Resetti 4

Hammer Bro, Squid Sisters, and Soren are the next assist trophies.

Here are the stage nominations
Pupp135 Pupp135 Boxing Ring
Masked Borb Masked Borb Gerudo Town
LoZ00 LoZ00 NES Remix
Northsouthmap Northsouthmap Noisy Notebook
D darkvortex Last Resort

Vote for your three most wanted, where yours is not first.

1. NES Remix
2. Boxing Ring
3. Gerudo Town

I think the NES Remix stage is a really clever idea, and I think a second Legend of Zelda stage is warranted regardless of Zelda’s recent inclusion.

Also, we’ll use Masked Borb Masked Borb ’s Samus and Kirby recolors and alts.

Job 43: Submit a Boss Not from Legend of Zelda
SM Kraid.jpg

I’ll nominate Kraid from the Metroid series, and he would be based on his Super Metroid boss fight.
Job 44: Submit Pokemon Trainer and Aegis Movesets

For history cards, I’ll need to replace something in place of Squid Sisters

As it was submitted earlier, feel free to submit something different for a Pokemon history card.

Last edited:

Masked Borb

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-3140-1930-0932
Stages!
1. Noisy Notebook - I FORGOT THIS GAME EXISTED, ITS SO ADORABLE. YES.
2. Gerudo Town - Desert level.
3. Last Resort - Last, but not least. The classic Mansion will be missed, ofc. But this is a great enough replacement that'll act differently.

Job 43: Non-Zelda Boss
Whispy Woods (Kirby)

Good ol' Whispy. One of the kings of first bosses everywhere. He'll work pretty much exactly how he does in Star Allies & the Kirby Clash games, having a second phase having him JUMP OUT OF THE GROUND and try to flatten you, or use his roots as spikes.

Job 44: Pokemon Trainer Moveset(s)
Alrighty! Time to bite the bullet and make a moveset for my creation! I didn't expect all the love it recieved at first, nor did I expect it to get it accepted, either! Buuuuut I also didn't expect all the disdain for it after it got accepted alongside Pyra & Mythra though. I'm sorry for making you all feel like we were "cheating the system" or something, technically adding three unique characters(two of which aren't that new, one of these being JIGGLYPUFF of all things) alongside two others. This was just an idea I thought sounded fun.

With the yammering out of the way, here's what I came up with. Since there's three Pokemon, each one gets a moveset of their own. So... two """""sorta-reworks"""", and one built from the ground-up.... sorta.
Pikachu will be the fastest character of the bunch, moving as fast as lightning to rack up damage. But it'll also have a few shocking projectiles to trap the opponent and get them to play by your rules.

Jab - Headbutt: Exactly like in Ultimate.
Dash attack - Tackle: Essentially like his Running Headbutt in Ultimate, but renamed.
F-Tilt - Pound: Pikachu punches in front of itself once. Can be angled slightly.
U-Tilt - Tail Flip: Works like his Tail Attack in Ultimate.
D-Tilt - Tail Sweep: Just like in Ultimate.

F-Smash - Thunder Punch: Pikachu charges up electricity in its paw, thrusting it forward for a devastating attack.
U-Smash - Iron Tail: Pikachu charges up what looks to be a Tail Attack, only for its tail to be coated in Iron for a brutal overhead slash.
D-Smash - Shockwave: Pikachu charges up electricity, letting it out as a small, electric dome around its whole body for a few moments, acting as a three-hit attack range.

Neutral Air - Discharge: Works exactly as Pikachu Shock in Ultimate.
F-Air - Aerial Iron Tail: Pikachu's tail coats itself in iron to deliver a hard downwards slash. This move can spike.
B-Air - Electro Kick: Pikachu kicks its feet back, sending electric sparks in that direction.
U-Air - Tail Chop: Works like in Ultimate
D-Air Double Kick: Pikachu kicks downwards twice.

Grab & Pummel:
It takes you by the paw and Nuzzles its cheek sacs against the opponent.
F-Throw - Electric Throw: Just like in Ultimate.
B-Throw - Submission: Like in Ultimate.
U-Throw - Skull Bash: Just like Heading in Ultimate, not to be confused with the old Side Speical.
D-Throw - Tail Whip: Pikachu tosses you to the ground and swipes its tail at you.

Neutral Special - Thunder Jolt: Just like how it is in Ultimate.
Side Special - Zippy Zap: Pikachu almost instantly dashes ahead with electricity wrapped around itself. It won't stop unless it hits something, or you try to go the other direction. Works kiiiinda like an electric version of Bowser Jr's Side Special in 4 & Ultimate.
Up Special - Quick Attack: Pikachu zips upward at high speed up to three times, dealing small amounts of damage to anyone it passes by. Exactly like in Ultimate, but it's an actual attack now.
Down Special - Switch Out!: Like the name suggests, Pikachu gets swapped out to Eevee. Using it twice swaps over to Jigglypuff. And so forth.

Eevee will be the all-arounder character, as per its nature of possibly evolving into so many things, but the current form not really committing to any one type. As such, while Eevee is not the strongest with any of its move types, it does have the greatest variety of types shown off. Of the three, Eevee unfortunately has the "worst" recovery game, not being as slippery as Pikachu, nor having a safety net like Jiggs.

Jab - Headbutt: See Pikachu.
Dash Attack - Tackle: See Pikachu.
F-Tilt - Tail Sweep: Eevee swipes its tail forward.
U-Tilt - Tail Flip: See Pikachu.
D-Tilt - Pounce: Eevee pounces towards its opponent. Essentially Kirby's Slide Kick, but Eevee jumps slightly.

F-Smash - Sand Attack: Eevee kicks up a small wave of sand at its opponent for a single hit.
U-Smash - Freezy Frost: Eevee charges up, before encasing itself in a large ice crystal that stabs any opponent above it. Eevee unfreezes 1 second after the hit. This affect is treated like any other after-attack animations, and not like Eevee is actually frozen.
D-Smash - Buzzy Buzz: See Pikachu's Shockwave attack. This one is sliiiiightly weaker, due to Eevee not actually being an electric-type.

Neutral Air - Flail: Eevee flails its limbs in an adorable panic.
F-Air - Aerial Tail Sweep: Eevee swipes its tail forward in the air.
B-Air - Kick: Eevee kicks its feet back, similar to Pikachu, but not electric.
U-Air - Tail Chop: See Pikachu.
D-Air - Body Slam: Eevee rams down with its head for a surprising spike attack.

Grab & Pummel:
Eevee uses a tiny bit of weak psychic energy to grab the opponent, and performs mini Glitzy Glow attacks for a pummel.
F-Throw - Tackle (...2!): Eevee lets the opponent go with a Tackle attack.
B-Throw - Quick attack: Eevee zips around the opponent before hitting them in the back.
U-Throw - Glitzy Glow: Eevee unleashes its psychic power to launch the opponent upwards.
D-Throw - Tail Whip: See Pikachu.

Neutral Special - Swift: Eevee sends out a star-shaped projectile slightly larger than Pikachu's Thunder Jolt that reaches halfway across the stage. Can be done in rapid succession up to three times, like Mega Man's jab.
Side Special - Sizzly Slide: Eevee wraps itself in fire and dashes forward for a burning tackle. Works similarly to Pikachu's old Skull Bash special, but fiery.
Up Special - Sparky Swirl: Eevee covers itself in sparkles and fairy dust and rises up like a rocket coated in pink. Similar to Super Jump Punch, but slower, and only does one hit.
Down Special - Switch Out!: See Pikachu.

Jigglypuff gives the trio a character who can recover safely, thanks to its multiple jumps. While it is the weakest of the bunch, and the slowest on the ground, its air speed gives it a way to string many of these attacks together.

Jab - Double Slap: Jigglypuff performs two alternating forward slaps.
Dash Attack - Tackle: ...See Pikachu? Same as Jiggly Ram in Ultimate? Both?
F-Tilt - Roundhouse: Same as Ultimate.
U-Tilt - Clean Sweep: Jigglypuff throws one of its stubby hands... paws... stubs in the air over its head.
D-Tilt - Sweep Kick: Jigglypuff flattens and sweeps its foot under the opponent. Think Kirby's old D-Tilt.

F-Smash - Lunge Kick: Same as in Ultimate.
U-Smash - Stockpile: Jigglypuff squats down, before suddenly puffing up for an attack that hits all around it!
D-Smash - Jiggly Split: Same as in Ultimate.

Neutral Air - Jiggly Spin: Similar to Kirby's Neutral Air, Jigglypuff extends its limbs to hit opponents like a saw.
F-Air - Puff Drop: Similar to its Front Kick Ultimate.
B-Air - Twirly Takedown: New name to its Spinning Back Kick in Ultimate.
U-Air - Aerial Clean Sweep: Similar to Ultimate/U-Tilt but in the air.
D-Air - Fairy Cyclone: Jigglypuff perform its Spinning Kick from Ultimate, with some Fairy-Type energy surrounding it it's whole body like a tornado.

Grab & Pummel: Jigglypuff reaches out to grab the opponent, performing little kicks on them. Jiggs also has the worst grab range, despite being the only bipedal one of the troupe.
F-Throw - Bumper: Same as Ultimate.
B-Throw - Bumper ....(2!): A backwards version of the F-Throw.
U-Throw - Twirly Toss: Same as Ultimate's Tornado Throw, with more sparkles.
D-Throw - Gravity: Jigglypuff tosses the opponent down with a small bit of psychic power.

Neutral Special - Fairy Wind: Jigglypuff twirls like a ballerina, surrounding itself in... well, a fairy wind tornado that speads around about half of the size of two Jigglypuffs. The move lasts as long as you keep the B button held, and you can move it slowly by moving left or right. Jigglypuff can be hit out of it by a physical attack that can out range it, or by a strong enough projectile, like a 3/4 charged Charge Shot. Think Leaf Kirby's main B attack from RTDL.
Side Special - Gyro Ball: Same as Rollout, but Jigglypuff is now coated in metal, and it can only be stopped when the move ends, which depends on how much you charged it.
Up Special - Sing/Hyper Voice: ...same as Ultimate on the ground. In the air, any opponent in the field of this new song is pushed back.
Down Special - Switch Out!: See Pikachu.

Final Smash: Let's Go, All Together!: All three Pokemon are released at once, as their trainer stands behind them and commands them to each use the most powerful moves they know! Pikachu using Thunder to send a long distance shock across the stage, Eevee using Last Resort to send a barrage of stars that pull the opponent in when hit, and Jigglypuff using... wait, Boomburst!? Using it to deal 3 ear-piercing attacks alongside the others to help send their opponents flying!

...TL;DR - Triple Finish but with lightening, stars, and screaming.

Lemme know how I did when I wake up, Imma tireeeeeeeegetehsybweyhwyhyjxhwhsywguqyjqshyhwqukuybshwsshsssss.................

History Card Replacements?
Capn' Cuttlefish (Splatoon)

Leaf & Venusaur (Pokemon)

Last edited:

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
Stage vote:
  1. Noisy Notebook: I'd like to use this job to add a stage which doesn't come from a series which is already represented and Snipperclips is a great idea to throw into the mix in this case! The aesthetic could be very unique as well.
  2. NES Remix: Self vote, but I really think it is healthy to represent Nintendo's whole history and having at least one stage which represents the good ol' days of yore is important, imo.
  3. Gerudo Town: A very sleeper pick as far as Zelda stages go. Now, Zelda herself just got added, but since I don't see ourselves adding any other Zelda fighter soon, I could make an exception for this one AND another stage from the series to accompany the Wise Princess of Hyrule.
You may have noticed that, among the list, I haven't voted for Boxing Ring, which comes from a series without a fighter. That is because I am still hoping we can add Little Mac later down the line and that would legitimately be the only stage from the series I can see added.

Job #43: King Bob-Omb
king_bobomb.png

The very first boss in Super Mario 64, King Bob-Omb surely is an iconic character in Nintendo's history. With his round body and glorious mustache, what could King Bob-Omb do in a game like Smash? Well, first of all he could toss Bob-Ombs around. Then he could of course use his large body to perform some punches, kicks, and slams. Another interesting attack I could see him doing is actually blowing up, then emerging like nothing ever happened. After all, I assume you don't become the ruler of Bob-Ombs without some special abilities. And since it is his most iconic ability, King Bob-Omb HAS to be able to grab players and fling them around. I think we could come up with a few more attacks, like a rain of Bob-Ombs, but you get the gist.
But on top of his admittedly not huge moveset potential, I think King Bob-Omb could have an argument for himself by being the first boss in a 3D Mario game ever. That has to account for something, right?

Job #44: Pokémon Trainer and the Aegis' movesets
I think that the Aegis should have their movesets from Smash Ultimate, but I'd add a few changes to Mythra's moveset specifically to make her a bit less... "special"? compared to Pyra.
Namely, I'd make her up special being just Ray of Punishment, her uncharged up special. Then, I'd remove her Foresight ability. If we want to reference it (and I'd like to), we can implement it in her normal dodging ability.
From my admittedly extremely limited knowledge about Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Mythra should be a more special version of Pyra, but I don't really like the sort of "favoritism" that has been played in this case. But other than that, I think their movesets flow very well, so I am in favor of not overhauling them (especially because I'd have no idea on how to do it hehe).

Now, for the Pokémon Trainer
Ok, we need to come up with a moveset for Pikachu, one for Eevee, and one for Jigglypuff. Unlike Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard, here it is a bit harder to come up with a speedy/balanced/powerhouse kind of trio. So my general approach is as follows:
  • Pikachu is the balanced member of the trio, but it is also the fastest one when it comes to movement speed. It would be the most rushdown Pokemon in this array and it would feel somewhat similar to his current Smash self, perhaps a teeny tiny slower and heavier but more powerful for balancing purposes.
  • Eevee is actually the stronger one of the trio, although its strength is a very far cry from Bowser's or DK's. However, its speed would be much higher than these two heavyweights as well. All in all, Pokémon Trainer lacks a true powerhouse, as Eevee's damage output would be somewhat on the same level of Pit in OT Ultimate. So nothing to write home about, but not too poor either. It would also be the heaviest member in the trio and its running speed, while better than Jigglypuff's, would be below Pikachu's.
  • Jigglypuff retains its tremendously polarized playstyle: overbearing in midair, but extremely poor on the ground. It would still be a very lightweight character and its general physics wouldn't change much.
Now, for character specific movesets:
PIKACHU
I am only listing the moves I'd change from OT Ultimate Pikachu, for simplicity sake.
  • Jab: Pikachu now has a three-hit combo jab: a one-two punch followed by a roundhouse kick. I think it does something similar in Pokkén Tournament, otherwise this is just me wishing to see Pikachu performing a roundhouse kick.
  • Dash attack: It would remain kind of similar to its current dash attack, but it would also add some electricity to the mix. This in turn greatly changes its properties, since it now becomes a multi-hit attack with slightly higher damage output than its Ultimate counterpart.
  • Forward Smash: The main concept remains the same, but now Pikachu stands on all four while performing the attack and it creates a visible arc in electricity. The overall use cases should not change much, but it now more faithfully resembles Pikachu performing special moves as seen in Pokémon games from X and Y onward, as well as Pikachu using Thunderbolt in the anime. Its range is expanded a bit: after all, in this trio, we only have small fighters, so I guess that, for variety sake, we could add one move with more range.
  • Down Smash: Pikachu releases a single, powerful electric shockwave around its body that sends opponents far away. This new move is now inspired by the Pokémon move Discharge and it is a single hit rather than a multi-hit, trading off some damage output for KO power and reliability.
  • Back aerial: Pikachu performs a powerful backward kick. If it sounds familiar, it is because it is Pikachu's back aerial from Smash 64.
  • Down aerial: Remove the spike from this attack. I don't want to give Pikachu another aerial KOing tool (other than its new back aerial), not to overlap too heavily with Eevee and Jigglypuff.
  • Neutral Special -- Thunder Wave: Picture the eponymous custom move from Smash 4. It deals low damage but it stuns opponents at high percentages (not at low percentages, though: stun could work like ice). This would emphasize Pikachu's status as a rushdown-type of fighter. Stunning opponents with their Neutral Specials is a common theme which I wanted to keep, with various degrees, with these three Pokémon.
  • Side Special -- Volt Switch: Pikachu backflips in midair, jumping diagonally backwards, and launches an electric zap while doing so. A very unique attack, since it propels Pikachu in the opposite direction compared to the one it was facing. The electric zap is not too powerful, but it can disrupt enemy approaches. This attack is meant to be used like Volt Switch in the Pokémon games, as a positioning and retreating tool. After being used, Pikachu is left in midair and it can attack and move freely, but it cannot perform Volt Switch unless it lands on the ground. If it is used in midair, however, it will launch Pikachu mostly horizontally forward and Pikachu zaps where it was, making it a good recovery tool too.
  • Up Special -- Spark: Pikachu dashes upwards covering itself in electricity. It is kind of similar to Fire Fox or Fire Bird, but it is much faster and it travels a greater distance. Much like these moves, it can be aimed. I don't necessarily think that all of Pikachu's moves should be electricity-themed, but at least his specials should, in my opinion. After all, it is Pikachu's only unique attribute.
  • Down Special -- Pokémon Switch: Switch out Pikachu for Eevee. Removing Thunder hurt, but I think that it is a bit better to have transformation moves being mapped to Down Special instead of, say, Shield Special because transformation characters, if done properly, are at a huge advantage compared to other fighters, so we should at least remove one of their attack to account for their added flexibility.

EEVEE
Unlike with Pikachu, for Eevee I had to make up all of the moveset from scratch.
GROUND ATTACKS
  • Jab: Eevee hits forward with its left paw, then it spins and hits with the tail, and ends off with a double kick with its back legs.
  • Side tilt: Eevee pivots on its front legs and sweeps its tail forward. A deceptively powerful attack, it can be aimed up or down and it KOs very early for its quite high speed.
  • Up tilt: Eevee stands on its back legs and headbutts upwards.
  • Down tilt: Eevee slides forward while crouching. It is also a pseudo-crawl attack!
  • Dash attack: Eevee happily hops forward while hitting with its whole body. Again, a deceptively strong attack, especially if one takes into account its wholesome animation.
SMASH ATTACKS
For Eevee's Smash attacks, I wanted to reference the OG Eeveelutions: Vaporeon, Flareon, and Jolteon, using their inspired moves from Pokémon Let's Go Eevee.
  • Side Smash: Eevee cloaks itself in fire and dashes forward at a short distance (similar to Wario's Side Smash in Brawl, as a reference point). This attack is very powerful, especially coming from a small fighter like Eevee and, uniquely, the more the attack is charged the farther Eevee will dash. It is based on the move Sizzly Slide.
  • Up Smash: Eevee summons a lightning, hitting above in a multi-hit attack at a short distance. Due to its multi-hit nature, it is a bit unreliable, but it can KO somewhat early. It is based on the move Buzzy Buzz.
  • Down Smash: Eevee summons two water bubbles, one in front of it and the other behind, which immediately explode. It is based on the move Bouncy Bubble.

AERIAL ATTACKS
  • Neutral aerial: Eevee curls up and spins 360˚. It is somewhat similar to Pikachu's neutral aerial from Melee to Smash 4, but Eevee takes a moment to start attacking and it deals much more knockback at the very beginning of the attack, essentially trading speed for power. I swear there was an attack with similar properties in Smash, but I can't seem to remember it right now.
  • Forward aerial: Eevee sweeps its tail forward in a horizontal swing. Somewhat uniquely, this is Eevee's premiere KOing aerial tool instead of back aerial. This was meant to further differentiate Eevee from Pikachu and Jigglypuff, whose back aerial are actually stronger KOing tools.
  • Back aerial: Eevee swings its tail in an upwards arc, covering a decent arc behind it.
  • Up aerial: Eevee swings its tail in a wide arc above it, starting from behind.
  • Down aerial: Eevee spins diagonally and hits below it using its tail. The sweetspot of the attack is a powerful spike, but it is overall a slow move.
GRAB AND THROWS
  • Grab: Eevee grabs opponents by biting them and holding with its front paws.
  • Pummel: Eevee chews the opponent.
  • Forward throw: Eevee headbutts the opponent, launching them forward.
  • Back throw: Eevee kicks the opponent back using its back legs, launching the opponent diagonally upwards.
  • Up throw: Eevee lies on its back and tosses the opponent up using its four legs.
  • Down throw: Eevee slams the opponent on the ground, launching them diagonally upwards.
SPECIAL MOVES
  • Neutral Special -- Sand Attack: Eevee steps on the ground in front of it and launches a cloud of sand forward. This attack is quite short range and it deals almost no damage, but it stuns opponents, leaving them vulnerable to Eevee's attacks.
  • Side Special -- Covet: Eevee dashes forward a short distance, hitting opponents and launching them upwards with almost fixed knockback. Despite its seemingly scarce use cases, this attack has a unique property: if it hits an opponent who's holding an item, then Eevee will snatch it.
  • Up Special -- Last Resort: Eevee performs a very high jump upwards, then it is left helpless falling down (hence why I chose Last Resort). It is a very powerful vertical recovery tool, but it lacks flexibility otherwise. Its power is also quite underwhelming, except for the very beginning which deals high damage and knockback (picture Dr. Mario's Up Special as a reference).
  • Down Special -- Pokémon Switch: Switch out Eevee for Jigglypuff.

JIGGLYPUFF
Yet again, for Jigglypuff I am only listing the moves I'd change from its OT Smash Ultimate incarnation.
  • Dash attack: Jigglypuff rolls on the ground, hitting opponents multiple times. It is based on the move Rollout which, predictably, I am removing from its moveset.
  • Forward Smash: This is where I'd move Pound. Animation-wise, it is a hilarious move to throw here. I know that removing Pound from its Side Special is most likely a nerf but (quote) "it's a sacrifice I am willing to make".
  • Neutral Special -- Sing: Yep, I moved Sing from Up to Neutral Special. It fits better both the move slot and the common theme of "stunning opponents with Neutral Special" this Trainer has going on.
  • Side Special -- Play Rough: Jigglypuff pounces forward at a rather short distance. If this move connects with an opponent, then it creates a cartoon fighting dust cloud (come on you know the one), after which the opponent is launched away. It can also be used as a horizontal recovery tool, meaning that Pound's utility is not completely lost.
  • Up Special -- Bounce: Jigglypuff curls in a ball and jumps upwards, before dropping down. Unlike most moves of this category, the descent for this one can be cancelled and, regardless, Jigglypuff can steer sideways quite smoothly even while falling. If opponents are hit by Jigglypuff as it falls, then they are launched sideways, but if they are hit at the very beginning of Jigglypuff's descent, they will be spiked instead. If this move lands on the ground, it creates a shockwave and Jigglypuff bounces back in midair, able to act, about at the same height of a full hop.

Final Smash -- Hyper Beam: For its Final Smash, Pokémon Trainer throws all their Poké Balls on stage. Pikachu, Eevee, and Jigglypuff appear, but among them towers a fourth, "secret" Pokémon, Dragonite. Dragonite is actually the one performing the move Hyper Beam, releasing a powerful, well, beam of energy forward, while Pikachu, Eevee, and Jigglypuff cheer on the side. Don't ask me why the Trainer doesn't use Dragonite in their normal moveset. Jokes aside, I just wanted to reference Gen 1 pseudo-legendary and one of its most iconic and powerful moves, Hyper Beam.

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
1. The Last Resort
2. Noisy Notebook
3. Gerudo Town

Giratina
The Pokemon equivalent of Satan would be perfect for a boss
I'd imagine that it would use Dragon Breath from his PokeBall appearance.

Top Bottom