• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: SSB If It Was Created During the Switch Era

Pupp135

Smash Champion
Here are the votes:

All-Star
Mine 5
Louie G. 2
Northsouthmap 2

My all-star mode format will be used.

From the Donkey Kong poll, we’ll use Northsouthmap’s Donkey Kong recolors and alts.

For Edelgard, we’ll handle her recolors/alts like Wario/Little Mac, which is shown below. Masked Borb Masked Borb and I can update our list of recolors/alts.
(Edelgard)
I'm not as equipped to do this one as some of the more dedicated Three Houses fans among us. I just want to advocate to those who are for Edelgard having two core costumes like Wario, pre and post timeskip skins should both be available and may as well have four colors each. Or I guess three, if we want to give her the two special costumes on top of that. If it is three... then I mean, the pre-timeskip colors seem pretty obvious LOL.
Default outfit: The outfit for the Three Houses cover art (i.e. pre-time skip)
Dimitri Color Scheme
Claude Color Scheme
Byleth Color Scheme
Hubert Color Scheme
Child Edelgard Color Scheme
Time-skip outfit
Flame Emperor
Job 50: Edelgard's Costume Set
Since DK's got two suggestions already, I'll hold off on making a set for him. Poor Edie's got zilch, and I plan to change that.
1. Default Red for reference.
2. Golden Blonde Hair & Blue Armor, meant to reference Dimitri
3. Brown Hair & Yellow Armor, meant to reference Claude
4. Teal/Blue-Ish Hair & Dark Gray Armor, meant to reference Byleth
5. Black Hair & Black Armor, "Dark/Evil" alt, meant to reference Hubert
6. Purple Hair & Lighter Purple Armor, meant to reference Bernadetta
7. Edelgard, but 5 Years Ago...
8. Edelgard but Technically a Spoiler? Iffy on this one in particular, but I had nothing else that seemed "special" enough. But if we're using 5 Years later as the default, then is it really a spoiler? help-
For stages, here are the nominations.
Mushroomguy12 Mushroomguy12 Hyrule Castle
Northsouthmap Northsouthmap Fountain of Dreams
Pupp135 Pupp135 Boxing Ring
D darkvortex Skyloft

Vote for your three most wanted, where yours is not first.

1. Hyrule Castle
2. Boxing Ring
3. Fountain of Dreams

While I was thinking of stretching our imagination with LoZ and Kirby stages, Hyrule Castle and Fountain of Dreams are two of my favorite stages in the series.

Job 52: Submit Luigi and Princess Zelda Movesets

Job 53: Submit a Nintendo Fighter (Open Ended)

Ness.png
I entertained the idea for vouching for Villager again or another Fire Emblem character, but I’m going to choose a character from a dormant franchise in the form of Ness. While SSB contributed to Mother’s popularity in the West, the series was a cult classic in Japan, and I find this idea interesting for a fighter from a dormant franchise.
Job 54: Submit an Assist Trophy

I’ll nominate the Villager from Animal Crossing, and (s)he would operate like Isabelle in For.
For Bonuses, feel free to submit an item and four history cards for franchises with a fighter
Super Mario
Donkey Kong
Legend of Zelda
Metroid
Fire Emblem
Kirby
Pokemon
Animal Crossing
Pikmin
Xenoblade
Splatoon
ARMS[/SPOILER

I’m entertaining the idea of the pokeball, but I want to see what everyone else’s opinion is on it. Maybe we can limit it to number closer to 64’s count.

Last edited:

BritishGuy54

Smash Ace
Job 53: King Dedede (Kirby)
IMG_2652.png

I think Kirby could get away with having another character, and hey, it’s another villain.

Job 54: King Boo (Super Mario)
IMG_2653.png

Another king, huh? Well, this ghost ought to be here as a new Assist Trophy, trapping fighters within paintings and causing some damage.

History Cards:
:ultmario: - Boo, Polterpup, Dr. Mario, Viruses
:ultpyra: - Jin, Lora, Amalthus, Rex (Master Driver)

Items: Core Crystal (Xenoblade)
IMG_2654.png

Functions similar to the SSB6 thread, where it’s possible to summon one of three Blades to assist you for a short time. Similar to the Special Flag in Ultimate in how much time it takes to resonate.

Top Bottom