• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: PlayStation All Stars 2

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Job #10? Idk, it's the RPG character one: Yu Narukami
1618259235288.png

Yu Narukami is still the Sister-Complex Kingpin of Steel from Inaba, who's legacy on PlayStation was so noteworthy he (and the team) were practically the only reason you would own a Vita (having Persona 4 Golden for a long time until it just released recently on PC and the best dancing game of the series Persona 4: Dancing All Night
as console exclusives). Persona is one of PlayStations most devoted and long running RPG series, having been basically exclusive since 1996 with the first Persona game (not trying to throw shade, but that's longer than Final Fantasy's existence on PlayStation consoles), and it is also a very recognizable series that I assume tons of people would want if they knew PSASBR2 were going to happen. The only thing that could be considered a con for his inclusion is Joker's existence, but if we want to be more dedicated to representing PlayStation I think a Vita rep is essential, and that's why Yu Narukami steals the invitation against Joker to me.

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
Nomination: Ichiban Kasuga (Yakuza: Like a Dragon)
images.jpeg

Ichiban Kasuga is the new protagonist of the seventh mainline Yakuza game, which is also the first turn-based RPG in the franchise. The series' penchant for wild combat is alive and well, as every battle is a Dragon Quest encounter in this man's eyes.
Kasuga's unique job as a Hero sees him wield a spiked baseball bat, fighting with an inspiring flair. He can also use moves from his experience at other jobs: chef, musician, bodyguard, foreman, devil rocker, fortuneteller, etc.
In the world of PlayStation All-Stars, Kasuga's vision of combat becomes a fearsome, powerful reality: an aggressive, versatile style with plenty of help from his party members and Poundmates.

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
Tbh, that was one of my favorite rivalries. I loved how despite the obvious differences between the characters, they were both originally well-meaning people corrupted by their own greed.

Anyway, here's my RPG Newcomer Nomination: The Hunter from Bloodborne (2015)

View attachment 310980

The Hunter is the player character of the Souls-like gothic horror action RPG Bloodborne. They are an outsider to the city of Yharnam, a place plagued by an epidemic that turns people into nightmarish beasts. Their objective for most of the game is descending to the depths of the city in order to find a way of escape.

Aside from coming from arguably PS4's first must-have game; The Hunter also has a lot of moveset potential with their numerous firearms, Trick Weapons that can take different forms like scythes and staves, blood transfusions that allow them to regain health with counterattacks, Visceral Attacks that cause their hand to become a giant claw, and more. While their personality and background aren't set in stone but their character interactions can depict them as a silent, single-minded person who, similar to Isaac Clarke in the first game, treats fights as a life-or-death situation. Obviously, both gender options would be available as alternative costumes.
For the rpg newcomer I'm going to nominate Cloud Strife from Final fantasy 7

At first I wanted to nominate something else than Cloud because I wanted something different than Smash bros, but thining about it I think that Cloud should be the FF rep. FF7 was huge on the ps1 and the remake was timed exclusive on playstation 4 and at this point I would say he's by far the most popular FF characters. Most of his attacks would be with his huge sword, but he can also use magic.
Okay, I tried to make a moveset for Crash. Key word here: tried. Hopefully someone else can make a decent moveset for the bandicoot.

RPG Newcomer: Dragonborn (or Dovahkiin)
So why, why Dragonborn from the Elder Scrolls? Well, he hails from Skyrim, one of the Top 10 best selling RPG's of ALL TIME. And I think he'd be a unique and cool addition to the roster. As for Sony relevance, not sure if he has any besides Elder Scrolls being on PlayStation systems. However, as Isaac Clarke shows, you don't really need any (Unless I'm missing something?). So, yes, I want the Dovahkiin on this roster. (Todd Howard forced me to write this.)
RPG Newcomer

2B

2B is the mascot of NieR: Automata, a Hack and slash RPG that was exclusive to PS4 for a while and was a hit critically and popularity wise. Her moveset would involve swords and the pod that helps her, She is very agile yet powerful.
Terra Branford - Final Fantasy 6

Poking fun at how Nintendo has representation from the most Sony game in the series, I though it might be interesting to add a character from the NES/SNES era, and nobody would be better for that role than Terra. She can do... stuff, probably. I haven't played FF6 yet.
Lot of great suggestions so far, but since Sony owns a lot of great RPGs from the fifth generation, I'd like to suggest a first party one.

Dart (The Legend of Dragoon)

It was pretty hard to pick one, Sony absolutely dominated in this genre at some point with classics like Alundra, Rogue Galaxy, Dark Cloud, and Wild ARMS. But it makes sense that the first RPG character is the one that almost made it in last time, fix the sins of the past and all that.

Anyway, Dart. Dart is a warrior from the fantasy world of Endiness who gains the ability to transform into a Dragoon, which is basically a winged, armored super form that grants him access to additional spells. Aside from that, well, he's your standard JRPG hero with average stats for everything and wields swords and magic, with a specialty in fire magic.

Dart would make a worthy addition because it would send a message to fans that PSAS isn't just about promoting the new hotness, but also some unexpected deep cuts. From what I've seen online, people see Dart's omission as a huge missed opportunity, and as a fan of PS1-era RPGs I wholeheartedly agree.
Job #10? Idk, it's the RPG character one: Yu Narukami
View attachment 311013

Yu Narukami is still the Sister-Complex Kingpin of Steel from Inaba, who's legacy on PlayStation was so noteworthy he (and the team) were practically the only reason you would own a Vita (having Persona 4 Golden for a long time until it just released recently on PC and the best dancing game of the series Persona 4: Dancing All Night
as console exclusives). Persona is one of PlayStations most devoted and long running RPG series, having been basically exclusive since 1996 with the first Persona game (not trying to throw shade, but that's longer than Final Fantasy's existence on PlayStation consoles), and it is also a very recognizable series that I assume tons of people would want if they knew PSASBR2 were going to happen. The only thing that could be considered a con for his inclusion is Joker's existence, but if we want to be more dedicated to representing PlayStation I think a Vita rep is essential, and that's why Yu Narukami steals the invitation against Joker to me.
Nomination: Ichiban Kasuga (Yakuza: Like a Dragon)
View attachment 311039
Ichiban Kasuga is the new protagonist of the seventh mainline Yakuza game, which is also the first turn-based RPG in the franchise. The series' penchant for wild combat is alive and well, as every battle is a Dragon Quest encounter in this man's eyes.
Kasuga's unique job as a Hero sees him wield a spiked baseball bat, fighting with an inspiring flair. He can also use moves from his experience at other jobs: chef, musician, bodyguard, foreman, devil rocker, fortuneteller, etc.
In the world of PlayStation All-Stars, Kasuga's vision of combat becomes a fearsome, powerful reality: an aggressive, versatile style with plenty of help from his party members and Poundmates.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
The RPG character nominations are as follows:

-The Hunter (Bloodborne) ( osby osby )
-Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII) ( CapitaineCrash CapitaineCrash )
-Dragonborn/Dovahkiin (Skyrim) ( TheThingamajigRayman TheThingamajigRayman )
-2B (Nier Automata) ( cashregister9 cashregister9 )
-Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI) ( PeridotGX PeridotGX )
-Dart Feld (The Legend of Dragoon) ( GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 )
-Yu Narukami (Persona 4) ( CheeseAnton CheeseAnton )
-Ichiban Kasuga (Yakuza: Like a Dragon) ( Yokta Yokta )

Like before, vote for your top three characters from this list that you'd want to see. If you nominated a character, you can only put them in third place. The two characters with the most points will be included.

My vote is:
1. Yu Narukami
2. 2B
3. Cloud Strife

As for Crash, nobody submitted a list of basic attacks (Yokta listed potential circle moves) or a list of Supers. I can put together a movelist for Crash if needed, but I don't know if I'd be able to do that for future characters. (I only own a PS3 as far as Sony systems go, and I haven't played many Tomb Raider games) I'm not sure whether future movesets can just be left open for people to submit whenever they want, or how this is going to work.

Here's my attempt at a Crash moveset.

Square attacks: melee attacks (his famous spin, sliding (or doing a bellyflop in mid-air, and various punches/kicks from games like Skylanders and Crash of the Titans)

Triangle attacks: crates (tossing Nitro Crates, placing a TNT Crate below himself, hopping on a Bounce Crate to headbutt whoever's above him)

Circle attacks: gear (stuff like his Fruit Bazooka, his jetpack, or some items from his racing games like the Bowling Bomb)

Level 1: Diggin' It (Crash leaps into the air and spins around to drill into the ground, popping out slightly ahead of where he dug in. If he's near the edge of a platform, he'll just pop out at the edge)

Level 2: Hog Wild (Crash hops on a warthog from one of the series' auto-scrolling levels and dashes forward, ramming into whoever's in front of him)

Level 3: Aku Aku (Aku Aku floats around Crash before attaching himself to Crash's face. This makes Crash invincible temporarily, makes him move faster and jump higher, and causes him to damage anyone that he runs into)

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
1. Dart Feld. It's his time. That is all.
2. John Bloodborne seems like a pretty obvious pick
3. Cloud. I would rank him higher but jeez, we just put Crash and Lara in. Feels like we could use a break from Super-Huge Third-Parties for a bit. Regardless, it's still Cloud mother****ing Strife

osby

Smash Obsessed
  1. Dart Feld. I'm not really impressed by what little I've seen from his game but it feels like a shame to leave him out when he was so close to completion in the last game. Also, dragon wings are cool.
  2. Yu Narukami. I love the guy and even if I didn't, a-) he'll be a PS2/Vita combo representative and b-) he'd keep the "too much P4" memes alive. Also, with this game having more attacks than Smash, he'll be a unique spin on Stand Persona users compared to Smash!Joker.
  3. 2B. She has a great design and would feel like a good contrast to older guest characters we have so far. Also, if we ever add Astro Bot, I need them to be rivals of each other.
I'm a bit hesitant to suggest more third-party characters after all of our newcomers consisting of them until now, but whatever. Maybe we should make a first-party-only nomination after this one.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
  1. Dart Feld. I'm not really impressed by what little I've seen from his game but it feels like a shame to leave him out when he was so close to completion in the last game. Also, dragon wings are cool.
  2. Yu Narukami. I love the guy and even if I didn't, a-) he'll be a PS2/Vita combo representative and b-) he'd keep the "too much P4" memes alive. Also, with this game having more attacks than Smash, he'll be a unique spin on Stand Persona users compared to Smash!Joker.
  3. 2B. She has a great design and would feel like a good contrast to older guest characters we have so far. Also, if we ever add Astro Bot, I need them to be rivals of each other.
I'm a bit hesitant to suggest more third-party characters after all of our newcomers consisting of them until now, but whatever. Maybe we should make a first-party-only nomination after this one.
For what it's worth, the next nomination is going to be for a specific first party developer; I was worried about going overboard on third party characters, but I figured that the first newcomer nominations should be left open, and RPGs seemed to be a genre that was weirdly absent from the original game.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion

Like before, vote for your top three characters from this list that you'd want to see. If you nominated a character, you can only put them in third place. The two characters with the most points will be included.

My vote is:
1. Yu Narukami
2. 2B
3. Cloud Strife

As for Crash, nobody submitted a list of basic attacks (Yokta listed potential circle moves) or a list of Supers. I can put together a movelist for Crash if needed, but I don't know if I'd be able to do that for future characters. (I only own a PS3 as far as Sony systems go, and I haven't played many Tomb Raider games) I'm not sure whether future movesets can just be left open for people to submit whenever they want, or how this is going to work.

Square attacks: melee attacks (his famous spin, sliding (or doing a bellyflop in mid-air, and various punches/kicks from games like Skylanders and Crash of the Titans)

Triangle attacks: crates (tossing Nitro Crates, placing a TNT Crate below himself, hopping on a Bounce Crate to headbutt whoever's above him)

Circle attacks: gear (stuff like his Fruit Bazooka, his jetpack, or some items from his racing games like the Bowling Bomb)

Level 1: Diggin' It (Crash leaps into the air and spins around to drill into the ground, popping out slightly ahead of where he dug in. If he's near the edge of a platform, he'll just pop out at the edge)

Level 2: Hog Wild (Crash hops on a warthog from one of the series' auto-scrolling levels and dashes forward, ramming into whoever's in front of him)

Level 3: Aku Aku (Aku Aku floats around Crash before attaching himself to Crash's face. This makes Crash invincible temporarily, makes him move faster and jump higher, and causes him to damage anyone that he runs into)
The Hunter from Bloodborne: Eh, i thought bloodborne would be great for this especially with the legacy it has for hard raged video games.

Yu Narukami from Persona: I'd prefer seeing another persona character in a sequel for playstation all-stars rather than using Joker again since it'll be a little too much, plus this would give atlus the idea that there are still more attention for other persona characters.

Dart Feld from The Legend of Dragoon: I have never played this game, but i do know Dart was almost in the DLC roster from the original game. if i were developing the roster i'd include this character to make up for last time.

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
I'm not sure whether future movesets can just be left open for people to submit whenever they want, or how this is going to work.
A model I am going to try in a future thread uses what I call the 'Comrade Calendar System.' According to this, any person may declare themselves a 'comrade.' after this happens, no task closes until every comrade has made input. The tasks are carefully recorded and placed into 'zones,' and any comrade may work on a future subset called the 'advance tasks' in the current zone, provided they have either worked on all the previous tasks in the zone, or have stated which tasks they will not be making input for. For simplicity, tasks only are given deadlines when the failure of a comrade or comrades to input on those tasks interferes with the current task-- a situation that could often be avoided with the right selection of tasks. Non-comrades may contribute, and their contributions are treated with equal value, but they do not affect the closure of a task, and they cannot skip to an advance task. By this system, no one is held up, and no one is left out.

The above may not work for you, and I have yet to test it, but it is a possibility. Another alternative is to leave jobs open, and to let a vote determine its closure. Altogether, I am not sure how effective these can potentially be, but I am going to test the first idea in my game creation thread.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
My vote for the rpg characters:
1. 2B. Amazing characters from an amazing game, and could be super fun to play.
2. Hunter (Bloodborne). Seems like a pretty obvious pick considering that it was one of the biggest Ps4 exclusive for a long time (until like God of war and Horizon zero dawn release lated)
3. Yu Narukami. I know nothing about P4, but I think Persona deserve something in the roster and it would be interesting to see how different it can be from Joker

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
As of post #180, the scores are...

Dart Field: 23 (Show-off!)

The Hunter: 14 (Runner-up... Panics), Yu: 14

2B: 12

Cloud Strife: 8

Dragonborn: 6

Ichiban Kasuga: 1 (Applaud the effort!)

Terra Brandford: 0 (Tying her shoes!)

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
1. Dart (I'm still mad that they dropped him out of the original game when he was so close to completion)
2. Hunter (Bloodborne is one of the best games released in the past gen)
3. 2B (Nier Automata is also a super great game from the last gen)

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
1. Hunter
2. 2B
3. Yu

I agree that we could use some first parties, so that's why Hunter is first. Then 2B makes sense because she's a super iconic and acclaimed character that was proudly touted as a Sony exclusive. Then Yu I wasn't as convinced by, but it's true that he works as a Vita rep. The others either didn't strike me as very "PlayStation" (I associate Terra with Nintendo and Ichiban with Xbox because of the big deal they made about Yakuza 7 on GP), Dovahkiin is now owned by Microsoft so I think he's impossible, and while Cloud would be cool I'd rather avoid repeats of Smash.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
1. Hunter
2. 2B
3. Yu

I agree that we could use some first parties, so that's why Hunter is first. Then 2B makes sense because she's a super iconic and acclaimed character that was proudly touted as a Sony exclusive. Then Yu I wasn't as convinced by, but it's true that he works as a Vita rep. The others either didn't strike me as very "PlayStation" (I associate Terra with Nintendo and Ichiban with Xbox because of the big deal they made about Yakuza 7 on GP), Dovahkiin is now owned by Microsoft so I think he's impossible, and while Cloud would be cool I'd rather avoid repeats of Smash.
Talking about Microsoft and Dragonborn, this make me think if for the next votes we should make a rule about no Nintendo and no Microsoft characters. The first post say "For the purposes of this, we’ll assume that all of the developers within Sony, and the third party companies that we ask, are okay with having their characters included, though for simplicity’s sake, we’re just sticking with characters that are owned by video game companies.", but I think it's a huge stretch to say that we could add Microsoft and Nintendo characters. Like, if we're doing a "shooter character newcomer" I don't think Master chief could be in, and if we're voting for platformer characters, I wouldn't think Mario could be in.

I think that Dragonborn might be the limits of what's acceptable because at least his game was on a Playstation console, but I'm not sure what others think. I don't want to create any rules without everyone and the owners agreeing on it.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Talking about Microsoft and Dragonborn, this make me think if for the next votes we should make a rule about no Nintendo and no Microsoft characters. The first post say "For the purposes of this, we’ll assume that all of the developers within Sony, and the third party companies that we ask, are okay with having their characters included, though for simplicity’s sake, we’re just sticking with characters that are owned by video game companies.", but I think it's a huge stretch to say that we could add Microsoft and Nintendo characters. Like, if we're doing a "shooter character newcomer" I don't think Master chief could be in, and if we're voting for platformer characters, I wouldn't think Mario could be in.

I think that Dragonborn might be the limits of what's acceptable because at least his game was on a Playstation console, but I'm not sure what others think. I don't want to create any rules without everyone and the owners agreeing on it.
Yeah, I really don't see Sony going over to the rival companies to ask for their characters. Tbh, maybe Microsoft would allow Dragonborn, no strings attached, but Sony has been the most insulated of the Big 3 and I doubt they'd ask for a character from a rival, and from a game series they won't be getting any games from.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I agree; I thought it might go without saying that we wouldn't be including Nintendo characters or the likes of Master Chief, but I didn't consider that something like Skyrim or Minecraft would be a gray area. No Nintendo characters and no Microsoft characters would make sense, but I'm not sure what to do in cases like Minecraft or Bethesda properties where they were (and continue to be) multi-platform before and after Microsoft's buy-out.

(on the off chance that the Wonderful 101 gets nominated, its ownership is ambiguous, but by all appearances, Nintendo owns it and they allowed Platinum to publish the remaster - I'm not entirely sure what the deal is there, though)

Last edited:

TheThingamajigRayman

Smash Journeyman

Honestly, I forgot the Microsoft buyout happened when I suggested him. That's my bad. I doubt Sony would work with a "competitor", as they never have (As far as I'm aware, besides MS games on PS systems).

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Honestly, I forgot the Microsoft buyout happened when I suggested him. That's my bad. I doubt Sony would work with a "competitor", as they never have (As far as I'm aware, besides MS games on PS systems).
Yeah to be fair I didn't think about it either until GoodGrief mentionned it. Like it said, I would say this one might be acceptable since he's on ps3, but I wouldn't really want Master chief after that.

TheThingamajigRayman

Smash Journeyman
Yeah to be fair I didn't think about it either until GoodGrief mentionned it. Like it said, I would say this one might be acceptable since he's on ps3, but I wouldn't really want Master chief after that.
Yeah true. Dragonborn at least has a Sony presence, but Chief doesn't. Chief would just feel out of place, in my opinion.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion

My vote is:
1. Yu Narukami
2. 2B
3. Cloud Strife

1. Dovahkiin
2. Cloud
3. The Hunter

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
The results are...

-Terra Branford: 0
-Ichiban Kasuga: 1
-Dovahkiin/the Dragonborn: 9
-Cloud Strife: 10
-2B: 12
-Yu Narukami: 14
-The Hunter (Bloodborne): 15
-Dart Feld: 23

This means that Dart Feld and the Hunter from Bloodborne will be added to the game! If you have ideas for movesets for Lara Croft, Dart, or the Hunter, feel free to submit them whenever you want. There hasn't been a ton of enthusiasm over moveset design (maybe it takes longer to come up with them than I thought?), and I haven't played much (if any) of the games in question, so I wouldn't be much help.

Admittedly, this next one isn't as urgent as I thought it would be (I thought we'd get another third party character, maybe two, through the RPG category), but with the studio going through some hard times, I figured it would be nice to pay tribute to it. Our next character nomination will be for a character from a game by Sony's Japan Studio - a list of their games can be found here. (Obviously, anime licensed games like the various Bleach ones that they've worked on aren't eligible)

You can nominate veterans if you wish - there are a few that fall under this umbrella, like Spike from Ape Escape or Kat from Gravity Rush.

I won't make a nomination this time around - I haven't actually played any of the games (aside from the beginning of Shadow of the Colossus), so I'd probably wind up making a bunch of VideoGameDunkey references that would be utterly incomprehensible if you haven't seen his videos.

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
I'm going to repeat my nomination for the Patapon
Yokta said:
My nomination is Hatapon, from Patapon (PSP)
View attachment 309773Hatapon is the core of the Patapon army; the conduit through which the Patapon God Almighty (that's the player) commands the Patapons by way of specific drum patterns. There are many different types of Patapon, but Hatapon is always there to lead them to victory.

In Playstation All-Stars, Hatapon takes on a role similar to Olimar or Fat Princess. Hatapon doesn't attack directly, aside from a couple of highly ineffective swings with his flag. Instead, he summons the different classes of Patapon to perform their attacks: spear-throwing Yaripons, shield-bearing Tatepons, horse-riding Kibapons and many others!

For his supers, Hatapon can bring down the wrath of Almighty with a storm miracle, call upon the might of the Heropons, or band together with the Zigotons and Karmens to overwhelm the enemy with sheer numbers!

With the strength of the Patapon and the will of the Almighty, Hatapon will bring a unique style to the world of PlayStation All-Stars 2!

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'm re-nominating Ellen from Folklore.

There are a lot of interesting newcomers created by Japan Studio like Kulche from LocoRoco, the boy and Trico from The Last Guardian, and Knack from... Knack. But considering their competition are veterans such as Toro, Kat, Spike and PaRappa, I don't think they are likely to be selected. So, I figure I'll save them for later.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
For the Japan studio characters I nominate Wander from Shadow of the colossus

For me he seems like an obvious choice, especially now that the game could be played by a larger public with the remake on ps4. For those who don't know about the game, Wander his a young man who travel to a forbidden world to kill 16 colossi to resurrect a girl. For his moveset, he would mostly use his sword and his bow. One thing that makes Shadow of the colossus unique is the way the character attack. Wander is far from being 2B, Dante or Link. He's not a professional swordfighter, and this shows in his animation in the game. He doesn't know how to really use his sword and he's very weak. This will be show in his moveset in All stars: his sword attack would be very slow, but for balancing he would be more powerful too. On the other hand, the bow would be very weak. For his special moves, he could change cloak and masks to change his stats a bit. For his super moves, he will summon his horse and run around on it, and his level 3 super would be his famous transformation at the end of the game.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Japan:
Robbit (Jumping Flash)

Before Mario, Crash, Croc, or Bubsy there was Robbit, the first true 3D platformer star. The gimmick of Jumping Flash is that you can jump extremely high, meaning Robbit would be the air fighter of this game. Robbit uses fireworks to attack, so we could make abilities out of different types of firework, both those that appear in the game and those that don't.

Last edited:

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
Ending at post #198:

I'm going to repeat my nomination for the Patapon
I'm re-nominating Ellen from Folklore.

There are a lot of interesting newcomers created by Japan Studio like Kulche from LocoRoco, the boy and Trico from The Last Guardian, and Knack from... Knack. But considering their competition are veterans such as Toro, Kat, Spike and PaRappa, I don't think they are likely to be selected. So, I figure I'll save them for later.
For the Japan studio characters I nominate Wander from Shadow of the colossus

For me he seems like an obvious choice, especially now that the game could be played by a larger public with the remake on ps4. For those who don't know about the game, Wander his a young man who travel to a forbidden world to kill 16 colossi to resurrect a girl. For his moveset, he would mostly use his sword and his bow. One thing that makes Shadow of the colossus unique is the way the character attack. Wander is far from being 2B, Dante or Link. He's not a professional swordfighter, and this shows in his animation in the game. He doesn't know how to really use his sword and he's very weak. This will be show in his moveset in All stars: his sword attack would be very slow, but for balancing he would be more powerful too. On the other hand, the bow would be very weak. For his special moves, he could change cloak and masks to change his stats a bit. For his super moves, he will summon his horse and run around on it, and his level 3 super would be his famous transformation at the end of the game.
Japan:
Robbit (Jumping Flash)

Before Mario, Crash, Croc, or Bubsy there was Robbit, the first true 3D platformer star. The gimmick of Jumping Flash is that you can jump extremely high, meaning Robbit would be the air fighter of this game. Robbit uses fireworks to attack, so we could make abilities out of different types of firework, both those that appear in the game and those that don't.
I nominate Knack

Knack from the hit series... Knack! He's a PS4 launch title, he's a relatively popular character, he could have an interesting moveset and he just seems like an all around no-brainer
Japan Stuidos Character

Astro - Astro's Playroom

As this version of PSAS would likely be a PS5 title, it makes sense to add a character who's on every single persons PS5. Astro feels like its on the verge of potential mascot status as well, and an appearance here would only push that further
Kat - Gravity Rush

The gravity-defying hero of the Gravity Rush series comes back with a vengeance! Kat has the pedigree, having been a fighter (and one of the best received) in the original Playstation All-Stars. She's also the unofficial mascot of Japan Studio as a whole (or I guess was, until Team Siren was disbanded and Japan Studio as a whole was restructured around Asobi Team and Astro) and would bring back her one-of-a-kind movement-focused moveset.

Literally every character I considered for the last category (including Mr. Dart) represented Japan Studio, so for variety's sake I'm not looking at RPGs. And I wanted a serious character to show the poor embattled studio some respect, so no dude from Genji. I almost went with someone from Siren, but I haven't played it and it appears that we're lagging behind in movesets, so it was better to go for someone who has one already made.

There are so many good choices for Japan Studio! I hope to see a lot of submissions for this category. It's already hard to choose from the ones there are.

Last edited:

Otoad64

Smash Lord
I nominate Knack

Knack from the hit series... Knack! He's a PS4 launch title, he's a relatively popular character, he could have an interesting moveset and he just seems like an all around no-brainer

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Japan Stuidos Character

Astro - Astro's Playroom

As this version of PSAS would likely be a PS5 title, it makes sense to add a character who's on every single persons PS5. Astro feels like its on the verge of potential mascot status as well, and an appearance here would only push that further

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Kat - Gravity Rush

The gravity-defying hero of the Gravity Rush series comes back with a vengeance! Kat has the pedigree, having been a fighter (and one of the best received) in the original Playstation All-Stars. She's also the unofficial mascot of Japan Studio as a whole (or I guess was, until Team Siren was disbanded and Japan Studio as a whole was restructured around Asobi Team and Astro) and would bring back her one-of-a-kind movement-focused moveset.

Literally every character I considered for the last category (including Mr. Dart) represented Japan Studio, so for variety's sake I'm not looking at RPGs. And I wanted a serious character to show the poor embattled studio some respect, so no dude from Genji. I almost went with someone from Siren, but I haven't played it and it appears that we're lagging behind in movesets, so it was better to go for someone who has one already made.

There are so many good choices for Japan Studio! I hope to see a lot of submissions for this category. It's already hard to choose from the ones there are.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
It seems like there's less nominations than last time - maybe I shouldn't make it so you have to check a Wikipedia article to know who/what qualifies.

-Hatapon (Patapon) ( Yokta Yokta )
-Ellen (Folklore) ( osby osby )
-Wander (Shadow of the Colossus) ( CapitaineCrash CapitaineCrash )
-Robbit (Jumping Flash) ( Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario )
-Knack (Knack) ( Otoad64 Otoad64 )
-Astro Bot (Astro's Playroom) ( Jomosensual Jomosensual )
-Kat (Gravity Rush) ( GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 )

I'll try to stick with the top two characters getting in unless the category only gets four or five nominations or less - if people aren't too enthusiastic about it, I don't want to force a character to be included just because we need an even amount. Same rules as usual - write your top three, and your own pick can only be in third.

My votes are:

1. Kat (I feel like we could use some veterans, and Kat definitely had a positive reception)

2. Wander (I'm not sure whether Team Ico was very particular/picky with how their character could be used, or if there was another reason why no Shadow of the Colossus content made it into the first game despite it being a first party property that's held in high regard, but I figure that Team Ico could use a character in here)

3. Ellen (I know next to nothing about Folklore beyond what I looked up in a Youtube playthrough, but it sounds like she could be interesting to play as)

Last edited:
Top Bottom