• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: PlayStation All Stars 2

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
As of post #244, the scores for RPG/ Sony Japan stages are...

RPG:

Central Yharnham: 8 votes

Deningrad: 3 votes

Castle: 0 votes
------------

Sony Japan:

Hekesville: 6 votes

Playstation Labo: 4 votes

GPU Jungle: 2 votes

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Ah, a discussion on Arcade Mode?

I reckon that this mode shouldn't be too different from the original Story Mode, but it should be a supplement to the new game's story mode, rather than serving as the only story at all.

This Arcade Mode would begin with the rival battle, as our character finds their rival wreaking havoc in their world, in a rather uncharacteristic way. Upon defeating their rival, they retreat through a portal and our character follows them through.

They lose track of them on the other side, instead ending up in completely different worlds where they encounter completely different opponents. Each battle is preceded by a Gravity Rush style dialogue cutscene, with expressive portraits and full voice acting where appropriate. The battles themselves involve various configurations of opponents, teams, items and stat modifiers. One round is a gimmick round that alters our character's gameplay in a novel manner, such as giving them infinite jumps or tripling the damage of specific moves, among other possibilities.

After a few rounds, our character arrives at their rival's home stage only to discover something disturbing: an army of polygon clones of themselves! A multi-man fight ensues, in which our character must overcome a horde of weak yet numerous purple polygon opponents. When they succeed, the polygons form a portal to the lair of the final boss.

There they finally cross paths with their rival, who is acting like they have gone on a similar journey chasing our character themselves. Some fighters will realise something's not right with the situation, some will be ready to fight once more, and others will just do what comes naturally. But instead of fighting each other again, they are interrupted by the arrival of a Fusion Boss.

The Fusion Boss is an amalgamation of the major antagonists to our character and their rival, often resulting in an unsettling, overwhelming presence with massive power. For example, if Crash Bandicoot and Astro were rivals, their Fusion Boss would be a fusion of Dr. Cortex and the alien from Rescue Mission. Whatever form the Fusion Boss takes, our character must join forces with their CPU rival to defeat the boss.

On easier difficulties, defeating the Fusion Boss clears the campaign. Our character and the rival return to their home dimensions and return to their usual lives, unaware of the sinister presence observing from afar... But on harder difficulties, there is one battle left to go.

Following a gruelling battle with the Fusion Boss, the rival is unable to continue. They give our character the last of their All-Star power, and after a tearful farewell, our character presses on to the lair of the superboss.

Here is where we meet the new antagonist of All-Stars: Cross.

After Polygon Man's defeat at the hands of the previous All-Stars, he exploded into thousands of shards which were scattered across the vast multiverse. For years, they were considered lost for good, until the first of these shards was discovered by a young boy.
Cross was born and raised in a simple, peaceful village in a quiet dimension. One day, while out with his friends, Cross found himself all alone and far from home. As he wandered aimlessly, he stumbled upon a sharp, shiny, pristine purple crystal. As he reached down to feel its eerie glow, it began to oscillate, increasing in intensity until it shot up and melded with his hand.
Cross leapt back and shrieked in pain as the crystal overtook his body, imbibing his every cell with overwhelming power. And as the light began to fade, Cross was able to regain his footing, and soon realised that he was someplace far from what he knew.
The ground ahead of him was crystal, floating in a deep, glittery void. All around him, he could see windows into other dimensions, each one more unusual than the last.
Then he heard a voice- strong, brash and commanding, yet clear and polite- promising to reveal unimaginable power. It would guide Cross through his new abilities, gradually releasing the full potential of the Polygon Shard.
Cross's journey to discovering his power is also the player's journey to discovering All-Stars: we control Cross through a tutorial going over the game mechanics, from basic movement to attack and defense, all the way up to unleashing powerful Super attacks.
Cross now seeks to unite the multiverse in search of the other Polygon Shards, building his power to a level beyond anything the All-Stars have ever encountered, and ultimately resurrect Polygon Man to enact his long-awaited revenge.

The fight against Cross operates like a standard All-Stars match, and Cross operates like a standard All-Stars fighter. You only need one KO on Cross to beat him, but this is very, very hard because Cross is very, very strong.

If Cross beats our character, he turns them into a polygon clone, one among hundreds to fill out his army. If our character KOs Cross, Cross will be forced to retreat, sending our character back home in the process. The final cutscene shows that our character is now ready to take on Cross again when he sets the main Story mode into action. The Story Mode will update to reflect this, awarding the character a massive cache of bonus XP and Shards when they join the Story roster.

Voting for Deningrad and Hekseville
I feel like a lot of this would work better as part of a full Story Mode - arcade modes are usually rather straightforward, in fighting games and especially crossover fighting games. It generally tends to be something like "fight (insert number here) random opponents --> look, it's a major bad guy from one of the series! (ex. Rugal Bernstein, Yami from Okami, Galactus: Devourer of Worlds) Let's beat them up --> maybe if you're lucky, there will be an explanation for why this crossover happened in one of the short ending cutscenes."

Having a different final boss on higher difficulties could work (and it would give people a reason to play through the game on higher difficulties; Smash has done this with Giga Bowser, Crazy Hand, and Master Fortress), but I feel like things like the Fusion Bosses, stat modifiers, dialogue before every fight, and an original final villain with a detailed backstory would work better in a Story Mode (where they can afford to get more complicated, even if it's just slightly) rather than an Arcade mode. (though maybe that's just me)

My concern is that having all of these elements in Classic/Arcade mode would make the actual story mode feel less special. (also, concepts like Fusion Bosses could get a deeper exploration in a Story Mode - for example, the villain could try fusing Sephiroth with Malus from Shadow of the Colossus if Wander or Cloud ever get added, only for Sephiroth to fully take over the fusion given his willpower and ties to Jenova, or a fusion between Dr. Cortex and Dr. Nefarious switching between their personalities or arguing with each other)

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
For the stages I vote Deningrad and GPU jungle.

I know nothing about Legend of dragoon and Lair, but having a stage with dragon and volcano erutpion sounds pretty cool to me.
And I wasn't a huge fan of Invizimals but I do think that mixing it with the colourful environment of Astro is a great idea, and it's a fun way to give it a small representation.

Last edited:

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
I feel like a lot of this would work better as part of a full Story Mode - arcade modes are usually rather straightforward, in fighting games and especially crossover fighting games. It generally tends to be something like "fight (insert number here) random opponents --> look, it's a major bad guy from one of the series! (ex. Rugal Bernstein, Yami from Okami, Galactus: Devourer of Worlds) Let's beat them up --> maybe if you're lucky, there will be an explanation for why this crossover happened in one of the short ending cutscenes."

Having a different final boss on higher difficulties could work (and it would give people a reason to play through the game on higher difficulties; Smash has done this with Giga Bowser, Crazy Hand, and Master Fortress), but I feel like things like the Fusion Bosses, stat modifiers, dialogue before every fight, and an original final villain with a detailed backstory would work better in a Story Mode (where they can afford to get more complicated, even if it's just slightly) rather than an Arcade mode. (though maybe that's just me)

My concern is that having all of these elements in Classic/Arcade mode would make the actual story mode feel less special. (also, concepts like Fusion Bosses could get a deeper exploration in a Story Mode - for example, the villain could try fusing Sephiroth with Malus from Shadow of the Colossus if Wander or Cloud ever get added, only for Sephiroth to fully take over the fusion given his willpower and ties to Jenova, or a fusion between Dr. Cortex and Dr. Nefarious switching between their personalities or arguing with each other)
I can see how the elements I've described would give the impression that Story Mode wouldn't be very special in comparison. But my vision for Arcade Mode is a short challenge course that tests the player's intrinsic expertise with a character.

Story Mode, on the other hand, would be a single campaign with a much broader scope, where you expand and power up the entire roster in order to take on a powerful villain. It has exclusive features such as XP and level-ups, skill trees, hub worlds, platforming courses, support characters, branching paths and secret challenges, and a few exclusive boss fights. It also features every Fusion Boss in the game, showing their creation, their interaction with various fighters, and their eventual separation. The whole story is driven by Cross, a ruthless, vindictive and despicable antagonist, and his internal conflict with Polygon Man.

I wanted my version of Arcade Mode to reflect the original story mode of All-Stars while tying into the new Story Mode, which is why I went with the framework I chose.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
The end results for the stages are as follows:

RPG:
Central Yharnham: 8
Deningrad: 3
The Castle: 0

Japan Studio:
Hekesville: 6
PlayStation Labo: 4
GPU Jungle: 2

As a result, we'll be adding Central Yharnham and Hekesville as stages. For the arcade mode, I tried to sum up the possible changes in a series of Straw Polls - hopefully I covered them all.

Number of bosses: https://www.strawpoll.me/42957996
Mini-games/a bonus round: https://www.strawpoll.me/42958000
Should the boss/bosses change based on difficulty?: https://www.strawpoll.me/42958002
Should arcade mode stay simple or become more detailed?: https://www.strawpoll.me/42958006

---

Today's nomination is going to be for characters that first appeared after 2012. We've included some that fit this criteria already, like the Hunter and Astro, but there are plenty of games for the PS5, PS4, and the tail end of the PS3 that have been made since the original PlayStation All Stars came out.

The only real criteria is that the first game that the character appeared in had to be released after the year 2012, when the original game was released. (also, no Nintendo, Microsoft, or non-video game characters - I'm going to count Bethesda games under the Microsoft banner for now, until it's clarified what's going to be done with currently unannounced Bethesda games in terms of exclusivity)

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Post-2012 debut:
Cuphead

Indie darling Cuphead recently made his PS debut on the PS4. Although a projectile-oriented moveset would likely be somewhat annoying he could still be unique by using rubberhose transformations and the most infamous abilities of his bosses. His vintage art style would set him apart from even the other cartoony characters like Crash and PaRappa.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I nominate Aloy from Horizon zero dawn

It's one of the biggest Ps4 exclusive and it's getting a sequel soon, and the character is big enough to be in Fortnite. Pretty self explanatory why she should be here. Her moveset could be pretty fun with her main weapons being the bow, but she use a lot of other weapons and gadgets.

Aloy_(Horizon_Zero_Dawn).png

Edit: by the way I might try giving a shot on a moveset for Astro later today.

Last edited:

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
I nominate Filbo Fiddlepie from Bugsnax.
images (2).jpeg

Filbo is a major NPC and the first character met by the player on Snaktooth Island. Appointed as mayor by Lizbert Megafig before her mysterious disappearance, Filbo's meek demeanour, aggravating optimism and general incompetence made him unpopular with the other Grumpuses. With the player's help, he seeks out his friends and helps them with their Bugsnax-related problems, gradually building his confidence and uncovering the true fate of Lizbert.

In Playstation All-Stars, Filbo will make use of the skills that a Bugsnax player will use in subduing and capturing Bugsnax. Filbo is not so competent in a direct fight, but he excels at controlling space from a distance with various gadgets, such as the Snax Trap, Buggy Ball, Lunchpad and more! He may even find a Bugsnax on the battlefield, which may inadvertently help him out in some way.

For his super attacks, he'll call on the help of his townsfolk, bait powerful Bugsnax into rampaging across the battlefield, and... Well, let's just say that Lizbert will lend a hand for his level 3.

Beffica, Chandlo, Floofty, Triffany and Cromdo are also playable as alternate versions of Filbo. They all have the same moveset, but their taunts, dialogue and post-game animations are unique.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Alloy is going to be tough competition but...

Baldur
God of War

Baldur would be the second God of War rep. This deranged god is devoid of pain and death making him a harbinger on the battlefield who constantly seeks death. While Kratos is our resident damage-dealing offensive character, Baldur would be the berserker who has a high-risk, high-reward style that includes extremely damaging attacks, super armor, but also movements that puts him in harms way and sets him up to be punished. While there are certainly characters form newer IPs that can be included, Baldur represents an established franchise that pulled itself up and reformed itself after the initial trilogy.​

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
I can see how the elements I've described would give the impression that Story Mode wouldn't be very special in comparison. But my vision for Arcade Mode is a short challenge course that tests the player's intrinsic expertise with a character.

Story Mode, on the other hand, would be a single campaign with a much broader scope, where you expand and power up the entire roster in order to take on a powerful villain. It has exclusive features such as XP and level-ups, skill trees, hub worlds, platforming courses, support characters, branching paths and secret challenges, and a few exclusive boss fights. It also features every Fusion Boss in the game, showing their creation, their interaction with various fighters, and their eventual separation. The whole story is driven by Cross, a ruthless, vindictive and despicable antagonist, and his internal conflict with Polygon Man.

I wanted my version of Arcade Mode to reflect the original story mode of All-Stars while tying into the new Story Mode, which is why I went with the framework I chose.
I do hope that we can later work in something of the nature of skills and upgrades. That would be a most engaging aspect of gameplay.

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
Post-2012 debut:
Cuphead

Indie darling Cuphead recently made his PS debut on the PS4. Although a projectile-oriented moveset would likely be somewhat annoying he could still be unique by using rubberhose transformations and the most infamous abilities of his bosses. His vintage art style would set him apart from even the other cartoony characters like Crash and PaRappa.
I'm afraid I have to dispute Cuphead's eligibility for inclusion in the roster.
While Cuphead is technically a self-published indie title, its initial release was exclusive to Xbox and Windows. It would take two years for the game to come to Nintendo Switch, and almost three years to come to PlayStation.
It's true that the original All-Stars featured former MS exclusive characters- Big Daddy from Bioshock, most infamously. But I still insist that Cuphead be struck from the runnings. For one, the delay between his Xbox and PlayStation debuts was far greater than Big Daddy's. But more importantly, he's hardly as synonymous with Playstation as other third-party characters with more prominent links to the console family.
I won't deny that Cuphead is a great character, even an important character. But he is NOT a Playstation All-Star.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
While Cuphead is technically a self-published indie title, its initial release was exclusive to Xbox and Windows. It would take two years for the game to come to Nintendo Switch, and almost three years to come to PlayStation.
It's true that the original All-Stars featured former MS exclusive characters- Big Daddy from Bioshock, most infamously. But I still insist that Cuphead be struck from the runnings. For one, the delay between his Xbox and PlayStation debuts was far greater than Big Daddy's. But more importantly, he's hardly as synonymous with Playstation as other third-party characters with more prominent links to the console family.
I won't deny that Cuphead is a great character, even an important character. But he is NOT a Playstation All-Star.
We should allow Megadoomer Megadoomer (the thread runner) to come to a consensus on whether Cuphead is a valid inclusion rather than argue it ourselves.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Aloy is gonna be tough to beat, but if anyone can i think it might be:

Jin Sakai - Ghost of Tsushima

Jin is the protagonist of the final classic of the ps4 era, Ghost of Tsushima. I think he'd have an extremely high moveset potential with his sword, fighting stances, and Ghost weapons. He'd be the first samurai addition to the roster as well as only the 2nd swordfighter

Last edited:

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
1618760752534.png

Juro Kurabe
(13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim - 2019 Japan, 2020 worldwide)

Juro Kurabe is one of the 13 protagonists in 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim, so I think It's time to explain why him over the other 12 characters. Juro Kurabe is highly prominent in the promotional material, the first playable character, and even pilots sentinel 13 (like, the number in the title). Plus, he also has a unique style and personality that sets him apart from the other human characters being from the 1980's and a huge old sci-fi movie nerd.

Okay, but why a 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim character at all? Well, 13 Sentinels is a PlayStation exclusive that is critically beloved by nearly everyone that played it, with Eurogamer saying it's essential, RPG Site giving it a 10/10, and it being fairly hard to hear someone saying they disliked the game online. It would also give us a RTS rep, something we just don't have in the roster yet.

As to how he'll play, he would definitely be an unorthodox fighter using a stolen gun from Ei, might get help from BJ, some movie tapes from his obsession, and most prominently a Sentinel for a super.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
As far as Cuphead goes, I'm not sure; I'm aware that Big Daddy's inclusion was criticized because he wasn't really a "PlayStation all star" (his game started out on Xbox and PC and only came to PS3 later), though I'm not sure where to draw the line. (if people want Big Daddy to return, for example, would he be ruled out? He got a decent amount of votes when we voted on veterans) Aside from the obvious examples (Snake, Cloud, Spyro, etc.), I'm not sure how to tell if a third party character's considered synonymous with PlayStation.

I'm not much for policing who should or shouldn't get in (I figured that the voting would take care of that), but Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario did you have anyone else in mind?

I'm not sure if Cuphead falls into the same gray area as Bethesda characters (I know that a Nintendo Direct mentions that Cuphead was brought to the Switch thanks to "our friends at Microsoft", but I'm not sure how much involvement they have), but I do know that there are a lot of other options to choose from which don't have that ambiguity. (The Last of Us, Knack, Overwatch, Nier Automata, Undertale, inFamous: Second Son, Knack 2, etc.)

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Alright here goes the best new addition

Knack (Knack & Knack II)

knack-ii-rayman-legends-god-of-war-playstation-4-game-knack-e684381cb450d2646d349addd245756c.png

Knack is the star of PS4 launch title Knack and its sequel, the most successful game of all time Knack II. He's both a mascot of sorts for the system and a tech demo for it. His games are beat-em-ups with light platforming elements, but his main power is to shrink and grow in size by amassing little pieces into himself (as shown by him being a bunch of floating polygons in a vague humanoid shape). He has many other powers that he unlocks throughout the games, such as his Iron Knack, Stealth Knack and Ice Knack forms. Simply put, no other character can do what Knack can.

The Knack games seem to be very popular with the kids todays for reasons that elude me, therefore he's an obvious pick for a new Playstation All-Stars. OK, memes aside, I guarantee you that if a new PSAS was announced Knack would be one of the most demanded characters. Might as well give people what they want right? While Knack's games are kinda bog-standard he'd be anything but that as a fighter, a shape-changing moveset would be pretty unique and technical. And imagine how he'd look! Knack with ray tracing! The dream of every gamer come true, right there.

I agree that Cuphead makes little sense to be in PS All-Stars, but that should be decided by the vote. There's no reason why he shouldn't be allowed to be proposed, it's not like he's actually owned by Microsoft.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
The only other ideas I had were a Bugsnax rep (already submitted), Hat Kid, and Mad Rat from Mad Rat Dead, the latter two of which I'm simply not as devoted to the idea of adding as Cuphead. My Sony expertise is limited almost exclusively to the PS1 and a bit of the PS2 so I'm not bursting with ideas like I am for other submissions.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Personally, if Big daddy was alright for the first game I don't see why Cuphead couldn't since their situations are similar (not own by Microsoft but temporary exclusive on Xbox). Like others said, in the end the votes will decide so if you disagree just don't vote for them, but I think they should be allowed as long as at least it realased on Playstation eventually.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Miriam (Bloodstained)

Am I biased because I played the game on my PS4? Absolutely.

Miriam is the main character of Bloodstained: Ritual of the night. this game released on PS4 day in date with the windows and Xbox versions and it was going to have a Vita version. She has appeared in several other games on PS4 and has become an icon in her own right.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
1618775194597.png
1618775214090.png
1618775224130.png
1618775231199.png

The Survivor from Dead By Daylight

The Survivor is a victim sent into the realm of the Entity, who throws various people into it's realm were they try to survive from a serial killer sent by the being. the group of survivors ranged from a large number of characters though originally this game started with 4 survivors which are who i choose to represent here(i'd probably throw in four more characters but no licenses), the main survivor would be Dwight or Jake as the default character while the others you can switch in the menu similar to alternate costumes, they aren't great for fighting, but their arsenal would be based on various perks and items from their home game.

Dead by Daylight first appeared on PC until it later was ported onto other consoles including PS4, while it isn't one of the most popular games even on the Playstation Side it has become more recognizably popular to the horror genre and is still generating some support.

If Dead by Daylight were to ever get anything playable representation they likely use a Killer, however, i feel the survivor could work as well since adding a killer would mean picking one out of all the unique ones were as the survivors all play the same and they'd try to be creative with them.

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
As of post #263, the newcomer nominations debuting after 2012 are...

Aloy is gonna be tough to beat, but if anyone can i think it might be:

Jin Sakai - Ghost of Tsushima

Jin is the protagonist of the final classic of the ps4 era, Ghost of Tsushima. I think he'd have an extremely high moveset potential with his sword, fighting stances, and Ghost weapons. He'd be the first samurai addition to the roster as well as only the 2nd swordfighter
View attachment 311856
Juro Kurabe
(13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim - 2019 Japan, 2020 worldwide)

Juro Kurabe is one of the 13 protagonists in 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim, so I think It's time to explain why him over the other 12 characters. Juro Kurabe is highly prominent in the promotional material, the first playable character, and even pilots sentinel 13 (like, the number in the title). Plus, he also has a unique style and personality that sets him apart from the other human characters being from the 1980's and a huge old sci-fi movie nerd.

Okay, but why a 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim character at all? Well, 13 Sentinels is a PlayStation exclusive that is critically beloved by nearly everyone that played it, with Eurogamer saying it's essential, RPG Site giving it a 10/10, and it being fairly hard to hear someone saying they disliked the game online. It would also give us a RTS rep, something we just don't have in the roster yet.

As to how he'll play, he would definitely be an unorthodox fighter using a stolen gun from Ei, might get help from BJ, some movie tapes from his obsession, and most prominently a Sentinel for a super.
Alright here goes the best new addition

Knack (Knack & Knack II)

View attachment 311869

Knack is the star of PS4 launch title Knack and its sequel, the most successful game of all time Knack II. He's both a mascot of sorts for the system and a tech demo for it. His games are beat-em-ups with light platforming elements, but his main power is to shrink and grow in size by amassing little pieces into himself (as shown by him being a bunch of floating polygons in a vague humanoid shape). He has many other powers that he unlocks throughout the games, such as his Iron Knack, Stealth Knack and Ice Knack forms. Simply put, no other character can do what Knack can.

The Knack games seem to be very popular with the kids todays for reasons that elude me, therefore he's an obvious pick for a new Playstation All-Stars. OK, memes aside, I guarantee you that if a new PSAS was announced Knack would be one of the most demanded characters. Might as well give people what they want right? While Knack's games are kinda bog-standard he'd be anything but that as a fighter, a shape-changing moveset would be pretty unique and technical. And imagine how he'd look! Knack with ray tracing! The dream of every gamer come true, right there.

I agree that Cuphead makes little sense to be in PS All-Stars, but that should be decided by the vote. There's no reason why he shouldn't be allowed to be proposed, it's not like he's actually owned by Microsoft.
Miriam (Bloodstained)

Am I biased because I played the game on my PS4? Absolutely.

Miriam is the main character of Bloodstained: Ritual of the night. this game released on PS4 day in date with the windows and Xbox versions and it was going to have a Vita version. She has appeared in several other games on PS4 and has become an icon in her own right.
View attachment 311880View attachment 311881View attachment 311882View attachment 311883

The Survivor from Dead By Daylight

The Survivor is a victim sent into the realm of the Entity, who throws various people into it's realm were they try to survive from a serial killer sent by the being. the group of survivors ranged from a large number of characters though originally this game started with 4 survivors which are who i choose to represent here(i'd probably throw in four more characters but no licenses), the main survivor would be Dwight or Jake as the default character while the others you can switch in the menu similar to alternate costumes, they aren't great for fighting, but their arsenal would be based on various perks and items from their home game.

Dead by Daylight first appeared on PC until it later was ported onto other consoles including PS4, while it isn't one of the most popular games even on the Playstation Side it has become more recognizably popular to the horror genre and is still generating some support.

If Dead by Daylight were to ever get anything playable representation they likely use a Killer, however, i feel the survivor could work as well since adding a killer would mean picking one out of all the unique ones were as the survivors all play the same and they'd try to be creative with them.
Post-2012 debut:
Cuphead

I nominate Aloy from Horizon zero dawn

It's one of the biggest Ps4 exclusive and it's getting a sequel soon, and the character is big enough to be in Fortnite. Pretty self explanatory why she should be here. Her moveset could be pretty fun with her main weapons being the bow, but she use a lot of other weapons and gadgets.

View attachment 311851

Edit: by the way I might try giving a shot on a moveset for Astro later today.
I nominate Filbo Fiddlepie from Bugsnax.
View attachment 311854
Filbo is a major NPC and the first character met by the player on Snaktooth Island. Appointed as mayor by Lizbert Megafig before her mysterious disappearance, Filbo's meek demeanour, aggravating optimism and general incompetence made him unpopular with the other Grumpuses. With the player's help, he seeks out his friends and helps them with their Bugsnax-related problems, gradually building his confidence and uncovering the true fate of Lizbert.

In Playstation All-Stars, Filbo will make use of the skills that a Bugsnax player will use in subduing and capturing Bugsnax. Filbo is not so competent in a direct fight, but he excels at controlling space from a distance with various gadgets, such as the Snax Trap, Buggy Ball, Lunchpad and more! He may even find a Bugsnax on the battlefield, which may inadvertently help him out in some way.

For his super attacks, he'll call on the help of his townsfolk, bait powerful Bugsnax into rampaging across the battlefield, and... Well, let's just say that Lizbert will lend a hand for his level 3.

Beffica, Chandlo, Floofty, Triffany and Cromdo are also playable as alternate versions of Filbo. They all have the same moveset, but their taunts, dialogue and post-game animations are unique.
Alloy is going to be tough competition but...

Baldur
God of War

Baldur would be the second God of War rep. This deranged god is devoid of pain and death making him a harbinger on the battlefield who constantly seeks death. While Kratos is our resident damage-dealing offensive character, Baldur would be the berserker who has a high-risk, high-reward style that includes extremely damaging attacks, super armor, but also movements that puts him in harms way and sets him up to be punished. While there are certainly characters form newer IPs that can be included, Baldur represents an established franchise that pulled itself up and reformed itself after the initial trilogy.​
Kotaro (Puppeteer)

View attachment 311905
This PS3 game had came out a tiny bit after PSAS, but was a charming platformer taking using alot of theatrical settings.
Kotaro was the main star of this game and travelled with Pikarina to fight of the moon bear and save the children of the moon.
In PlayStation allstars, Kotaro, with his head, uses the magic pair of scissors Calibrus to fight and dash in the air. He should also have Pikarina around him to possible use an up special that allows her to pick him up and carry him in the air, or commentating on the match.
View attachment 311906
Kotaro can also utilize the special heads he gains in the game for his specials (Knight shield, Ninja Bomb, Pirates hook, and Wrestler head).

(I was this close to choosing an TLoU character, but with the other choices that came before, might as well give this guy a shot).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Kotaro (Puppeteer)

Kutaro.jpg

This PS3 game had came out a tiny bit after PSAS, but was a charming platformer taking using alot of theatrical settings.
Kotaro was the main star of this game and travelled with Pikarina to fight of the moon bear and save the children of the moon.
In PlayStation allstars, Kotaro, with his head, uses the magic pair of scissors Calibrus to fight and dash in the air. He should also have Pikarina around him to possible use an up special that allows her to pick him up and carry him in the air, or commentating on the match.
1370448890-puppeteer-art-11.jpg

Kotaro can also utilize the special heads he gains in the game for his specials (Knight shield, Ninja Bomb, Pirates hook, and Wrestler head).

(I was this close to choosing an TLoU character, but with the other choices that came before, might as well give this guy a shot).

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
The end results for the arcade mode polls are:
-several end bosses like Smash Ultimate's classic mode (we'll decide on those once we've got more of the third party line-up decided upon)
-it should have a mini-game/bonus round (we can decide on specifics later)
-bosses don't change regardless of difficulty
-arcade mode is just a series of fights (with a minigame or two), culminating in a boss fight

We'll be voting on the post-2012 characters today. As usual, list your top three in order, you can only put your own nomination in third, and the top two overall will be included in the game. The nominations are:

-Cuphead (Cuphead) ( Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario )
-Aloy (Horizon: Zero Dawn) ( CapitaineCrash CapitaineCrash )
-Filbo Fiddlepie (Bugsnax) ( Yokta Yokta )
-Baldur (God of War) ( Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom )
-Jin Sakai (Ghost of Tsushima) ( Jomosensual Jomosensual )
-Juro Kurabe (13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim) ( CheeseAnton CheeseAnton )
-Knack (Knack) ( GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 )
-Miriam (Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night) ( cashregister9 cashregister9 )
-The Survivors (Dead By Daylight) ( ivanlerma ivanlerma )
-Kotaro (Puppeteer) (@VGamer01)

My votes are:

1. Aloy (I haven't played much of the game, but I feel like she has to be here)
2. Baldur (while I've only seen Baldur's first boss fight, it seems memorable and crazy enough to warrant him getting in here)
3. Miriam (she's got a ton of moveset potential (I wrote an entire Smash Bros. moveset for her, and it only scratched the surface), and the possibility of getting an official crossover with the game that inspired her would be pretty exciting)

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
  1. Aloy. Love her design and she has more than enough credentials.
  2. Knack. Can't say I'm a fan of his game but I think he'd make an interesting fighter.
  3. Juro Kurabe. I think he'd make a very unique third-party addition, even if he's not particularly synonymous with PS. I'm less sold on his moveset so he's not rated higher.
Kotaro and Jin are honorable mentions. There were a lot of good suggestions this time.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
1. Aloy
2 Jin
3 Filbo

Aloy and Jin get votes for being the most deserved. Filbo gets one for being a fun wtf type pick

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
1. Aloy
2 Jin
3 Filbo

Aloy and Jin get votes for being the most deserved. Filbo gets one for being a fun wtf type pick
You can only put your own nomination in third; would you want Filbo to be in second?

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
1. Jin: I still haven't played Ghost of Tsushima (it's in my huge backlog) but I like Samurai and the game was succesful enough to have a movie so it feels natural to have him here.
2. Filbo: Again, I didn't played Bugsnax, but having this weird creatures with a lot of gadgets sounds fun to me, and the theme song was so memorable to the ps5 event that Bugsnax is kind of iconic in it's on way.
3. Kotaro: Another game that I didn't played (I should play it before the Ps3 store closed, because this game is so hard to find physical), but I really like his design. He looks like he could be aq fun character.

TheThingamajigRayman

Smash Journeyman
1. Knack
It's Knack! He NEEDS to be in!
2. Filbo
That's the problem with this roster, not enough snack. Sure, it has bug, but where's the snax? Filbo could add some snack to the roster.
3. Jin

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Cuphead: Even though i feel Smash Bros is were Cuphead could be in, i do like the character enough to give him my vote.
Miriam: She'd be an interesting character to play as despite not playing her game.
The Survivors: My own nomination, would be interesting to come up with a moveset.

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
As of post #281, the post-2012 character vote scores (in points) are...

Aloy: 19

Knack: 13

Jin: 12

Fiibo: 10

Cuphead: 6

Baldur: 3, Miriam: 3, Juro: 3

Kotaro: 2

Survivors: 1

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
1. Aloy
2. Jin
3. Baldur

Aloy and Jin are the obvious characters, stars of Sony's biggest new IPs after The Last of Us. Both of them ooze moveset potential and have striking worlds that would make for great stages. As for Baldur, I don't remember if our Kratos is GoW4 Kratos, but if he is I think it's fair to uphold tradition and have a GoW villain as it's more or less Sony's flagship franchise.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Aloy and Jin are the obvious characters, stars of Sony's biggest new IPs after The Last of Us. Both of them ooze moveset potential and have striking worlds that would make for great stages. As for Baldur, I don't remember if our Kratos is GoW4 Kratos, but if he is I think it's fair to uphold tradition and have a GoW villain as it's more or less Sony's flagship franchise.
Kratos is the GOW4 Kratos in this case. Also, it did stand out to me that no characters from the Last of Us were nominated - then again, I haven't played those games, so maybe they wouldn't mesh well with the concept/tone of a party fighter or maybe they would have a lot of overlap with the likes of Nathan Drake or Lara Croft.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Kratos is the GOW4 Kratos in this case. Also, it did stand out to me that no characters from the Last of Us were nominated - then again, I haven't played those games, so maybe they wouldn't mesh well with the concept/tone of a party fighter or maybe they would have a lot of overlap with the likes of Nathan Drake or Lara Croft.
I imagine it's because obvious "big" picks like Aloy and Jin were submitted pretty early on, and while TLoU is bigger those two would probably get more votes because of more moveset potential, so instead people went with more personal preferences or less "obvious" choices. That was my thought process at least.

Your post did make me start thinking of possibilities for a Joel moveset so I'll probably submit him for the next job if nobody else does.

Top Bottom