• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Mario Kart SGP

Who should be added next?

• Birdo

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Wart

Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Oh man, this got burried in notifs, I would've absolutely done something for that job...

anyway... Blooper Baby

Its first time going out without its nanny, Blooper Baby is the tiniest racer in the game - the size of its own steering wheel! With certain karts it just appears invisible, but it can jump very high to show off in tricks.
Job 148:
View attachment 348266
Nipper Plant
As Piranha Plant is an item, the best alternative for this would have to be the Nipper Plant, who's been in the series since Super Mario Bros. 3. He's a pretty short racer, to the point where he has to use his mouth to turn the steering wheel, but he's more than fit enough to race.
Job 147

Snifit

Tropical Wiggler

View attachment 348349

A variant of the Wiggler from Super Mario Odyssey. Seems like a relevant character to me.
It would be a medium weight racer and not too big, but it can stretch out for trick animations and return to normal.
Blooper Baby
Nipper Plant
Snifit
Tropical Wiggler

Vote for your top 2, Voting is ranked, you can vote for your own

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Tetris

There's a lot we could do with a Tetris course, though I'd admittedly prefer something to do with the rocket or Kremlin over a Tetris game.

Wild Tropical Wiggler

Speed: 2/5
Acceleration: 3/5
Handling: 5/5
Safari Cari

Speed: 1/5
Acceleration: 2/5
Energy Glider (Glider, has the weird energy transmitting flying thing give energy to your car. Doesn't effect coins.)

Job 149:
PIKMIN

I dont know if we get a Olimar or pikmin or both as Racers, so we have the Real-Time strategy franchise made by Nintendo back in early 2000's. It was about Olimar, who crashed on Post-Apocalyptic Earth and he needed Pikmin to help him survive on deadly Planet.

Well, Pikmin would have cool racetrack and even Kart parts in the game.

D

Deleted member

VIDEO-SHARE-11665.jpg

Final Fantasy

There have been a fair few Mario and FF cross overs over the years. I'd love a playable character but it seems like we're focusing on Mario characters so this is likely the way to go. This would give us some cool fantasy themed karts and parts. The track potential is endless, we could go for midgar, a classic pick or even something from 14.

Last edited by a moderator:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I don't think I've participated in this thread before, but... Better late than never!

Job #149: Street Fighter
See the source image

I think they would be a good choice because they're not very cartoony but have been shown in "chibi" designs many times and so it won't be too weird to show them more cartoony.
(also ignore morrigan and kyosuke there, i dont think darkstalkers and rival schools characters could be allowed but maybe final fight)

D

Deleted member

I don't think I've participated in this thread before, but... Better late than never!

See the source image

I think they would be a good choice because they're not very cartoony but have been shown in "chibi" designs many times and so it won't be too weird to show them more cartoony.
(also ignore morrigan and kyosuke there, i dont think darkstalkers and rival schools characters could be allowed but maybe final fight)
Just so you're aware we're not adding a character for the chosen franchise. (as far as I'm aware.)

Last edited by a moderator:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 149 Voting

Tetris

There's a lot we could do with a Tetris course, though I'd admittedly prefer something to do with the rocket or Kremlin over a Tetris game.

Wild Tropical Wiggler

Speed: 2/5
Acceleration: 3/5
Safari Cari

Speed: 1/5
Acceleration: 2/5
Energy Glider (Glider, has the weird energy transmitting flying thing give energy to your car. Doesn't effect coins.)
Job 149:
PIKMIN

I dont know if we get a Olimar or pikmin or both as Racers, so we have the Real-Time strategy franchise made by Nintendo back in early 2000's. It was about Olimar, who crashed on Post-Apocalyptic Earth and he needed Pikmin to help him survive on deadly Planet.

Well, Pikmin would have cool racetrack and even Kart parts in the game.
View attachment 348561
Final Fantasy

There have been a fair few Mario and FF cross overs over the years. I'd love a playable character but it seems like we're focusing on Mario characters so this is likely the way to go. This would give us some cool fantasy themed karts and parts. The track potential is endless, we could go for midgar, a classic pick or even something from 14.
Job 149: Pokémon
Job 149:
View attachment 348562

Kingdom Hearts:
This'll focus mainly on the content-original side of KH, much like how Sora's pack had only minimal KH designs. Besides, the Gummi Ship could easily be a Gummi Kart.
Job 149

Monster Hunter
Wii Series

View attachment 348568

An odd choice, yes? Well, you can pull plenty of courses and karts from these games. I've got a few in mind that seem pretty cool.

See the source image

Tetris
Pikmin
Final Fantasy
Pokemon
Kingdom Hearts
Monster Hunter
Wii
Street Fighter

Vote For your top 3, standard ranked voting rules

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Tetris Track:
1648584834697.png

The Big '99:
A track based on Tetris 99. The track is a three-segmented track like Mount Wario and Big Blue, and takes place in a large arena lined with 99 different mooks from the Mario series, competing in a game of Tetris 99. As you drive further down the track, use items and finish laps, more and more of the mooks are booted out from losing. The race ends the same time as a Tetris 99 winner is achieved. As an added bonus, if you own Tetris 99 proper, both games are programmed to start at the same time, meaning if a Tetris 99 game starts, then you'd bet there's gonna be a Mario Kart race starting, too. There's even a new theme in Tetris 99 that has a birds-eye-view of a Mario Kart race that takes place in The Big '99.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
The Kremlin

For this track you race mostly inside the Kremlin, going upwards, but also occasionally drive out of windows. Inside the Kremlin are Tetrominoes, which serve like Thwomps. You can see many rockets blasting off in the distance on the outside
Will there be kremlings in russian atire, that would be the best idea ever

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Tetris Track:
View attachment 348859
The Big '99:
A track based on Tetris 99. The track is a three-segmented track like Mount Wario and Big Blue, and takes place in a large arena lined with 99 different mooks from the Mario series, competing in a game of Tetris 99. As you drive further down the track, use items and finish laps, more and more of the mooks are booted out from losing. The race ends the same time as a Tetris 99 winner is achieved. As an added bonus, if you own Tetris 99 proper, both games are programmed to start at the same time, meaning if a Tetris 99 game starts, then you'd bet there's gonna be a Mario Kart race starting, too. There's even a new theme in Tetris 99 that has a birds-eye-view of a Mario Kart race that takes place in The Big '99.
The Kremlin

For this track you race mostly inside the Kremlin, going upwards, but also occasionally drive out of windows. Inside the Kremlin are Tetrominoes, which serve like Thwomps. You can see many rockets blasting off in the distance on the outside

VOTE HERE

cashregister9

Smash Hero
The Kremlin is the next track

Job 151

Submit a Nicktoons character that isn't from spongebob

This is a Nicktoons Kart Racing Thread now.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Rocko

The timid yet short tempered wallaby who paved way for SpongeBob - I know this is probably a joke prompt but if it isn't I feel the subs will be very 2000s-and-acquistions-tilted so I'm repping the 90s Nicktoons here.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Invader ZIM
1648851324987.png

The hammy, yet bumbling Irken soldier is from an early 2000's gem that came after SpongeBob, and has enough of a following that it recently got a movie on Netflix called Into The Florpus. He'd be in the game representing the directly-succeeding era to SpongeBob.

Last edited:

Ruler of Subspace

Smash Apprentice
Hugh Neutron
sat_on_a_banana.png

The man who once sat on a banana comes from a show that started a couple years after SpongeBob. His appearance as an internet funnyman has been around for years, and [his voice actor] has also gained great popularity on social media. Racing would definitely be better than pie for him.

Top Bottom