• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: Drifting Dimensions - The ultimate crossover kart racer!

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
1. Tortoise
2. Mammoth
3. Plesiosaurs
4. Swan
5. Grey Wolf
6. Common Ostrich

Animal Wheels

Turtle Shell Wheels

IMG_8698.jpeg

Footprint Wheel (it’s like the Energy Card wheel where it’s like a roulette and various animal footprints appear)

IMG_8695.jpeg

Hamster in Wheel

IMG_8696.jpeg

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Animal Items:

Oil Tank: Peregrine Falcon
Tacks: Beehive with Bees
Flame Power: Chameleon (to help camouflage with the racers to ambush them)
Exploding Traffic Light: Porcupine
Homing Missile: Tyrannosaurus Rex
Dummy Wheel: Armadillo
Speed Bomb: Cheetah Dasher
Ice Crystal: Mosquitos
Force Field: Sheep Wool

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Dung Beetle Wheels (I’m expecting this to not be allowed due to being literal **** but it’s a common trope and is shown in a lot of cartoons so imma submit it anyway)

Chicken Egg

Apologies for submitting two things that kind of tow the line between being eligible or not but there weren’t many other ideas I had
I'll allow the Dung Beetle - IIRC I submitted a similar submission for the Shrek season.

I'll also allow the egg.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
By removing my vote for giraffe, octopus will be added. AlteredBeast's items will be used

1. Warthog
  2. Highland Cattle
  3. Cuttlefish
  4. Elk
  5. Supersized Cobra
  6. Rat
  7. Brown Bear
  8. Daeodon
  9. Carnotaurus
  10. Rhizodus
  11. Fasolasuchus
  12. Goat - 1
  13. Grey Wolf - 1
  14. Common Ostrich - 1
  15. African Elephant - 1
  16. Komodo Dragon - 2
  17. Plesiosaurus - 2
  18. Wild Boar - 2
  19. Bald Eagle - 2
  20. Donkey - 3
  21. Moose - 3
  22. Wasp - 3
  23. Great White Shark - 3
  24. Mute Swan - 5
  25. Horse - 7
  26. Tortoise - 9
  27. Cheetah - 9
  28. Mammoth - 10
A horse, cheetah, tortoise, and mammoth will be added as vehicles!

1. Donkey
  2. Cheetah
  3. Horse
  4. Komodo Dragon
  5. Goat
  6. Boar
Wheels
View attachment 371401
Armadillo

View attachment 371402
Moon Jelly

View attachment 371404
Girdled Lizard
1. Tortoise
2. Mammoth
3. Plesiosaurs
4. Swan
5. Grey Wolf
6. Common Ostrich

Animal Wheels

Turtle Shell Wheels

View attachment 371410

Footprint Wheel (it’s like the Energy Card wheel where it’s like a roulette and various animal footprints appear)

View attachment 371408

Hamster in Wheel

View attachment 371409
1. Mammoth
2. Great white shark
3. Bald eagle
4. Wasp
5. Horse
6. Boar

Ammonite
View attachment 371406

Balled up hedgehog
View attachment 371431

Pufferfish
View attachment 371432
Dung Beetle Wheels (I’m expecting this to not be allowed due to being literal **** but it’s a common trope and is shown in a lot of cartoons so imma submit it anyway)

Chicken Egg

Apologies for submitting two things that kind of tow the line between being eligible or not but there weren’t many other ideas I had
  1. Egg
  2. Dung Beetle
  3. Pufferfish
  4. Hedgehog
  5. Ammonite
  6. Hamster in Wheel
  7. Footprints Wheel
  8. Girdled Lizard
  9. Moon Jelly
  10. Armadillo
Please vote for your top 5
Normal Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario

I won't be allowing the turtle shell wheel due to there already being 2 turtle shell wheels.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Submit a dark comedy franchise!
Please submit a franchise that focuses on dark comedy! This can be extreme slapstick, gross-out, satire, so on. I probably won't allow anything that's usually just silly and occasionally has something a little more gruesome thrown in (SpongeBob wouldn't be eligible for example, since the show's main humourous style is absurdity, despite the rare moment of skin-ripping)

Additionally, from this job onwards all franchise submissions will have a selectable-by-submitter content ratio! Please make sure there's exactly 21 items.

(This job was planned before ASDFMovie was chosen)

Hello, pitiful mortalsssssss, it is I, Brmmwassssher!
You've taken down all my minionssssss, and beaten all the challengessss, ssssso prepare for our final battle tomorrow! No tricksssss, just a duel of ssskill! I pretty promisssse!

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
1. Armadillo
2. Hamster in Wheel
3. Footprint Wheel
4. Egg
5. Moon Jelly

Dark Comedy Franchise:

Happy Tree Friends

IMG_8705.jpeg

Because why not? This web series pokes fun at children’s shows but with extreme gore for these woodland creatures. We would have to look hard for other content besides racers, but we can do it.

Racers:

Cuddles, Giggles, Lumpy

Because of what I said before, here’s how I think the content should go:
  • 14 racers (that means 11 more characters will be added as racers)
  • 4 wheels
  • 1 track
  • 2 vehicles
  • There will be no skins for any racers. Items I believe can be included as well if not counted towards the total of 21.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
We would have to look hard for other content besides racers, but we can do it.
Funny you'd mention that, because I've introduced a new option for content ratios - meant to include it in the post but forgot it, so it's been edited in now. You may want to make changes to your submission to account for this.

1. Lizard
  2. Hamster Wheel
  3. Dung Beetle
  4. Moon Jelly
  5. Armadillo

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Funny you'd mention that, because I've introduced a new option for content ratios - meant to include it in the post but forgot it, so it's been edited in now. You may want to make changes to your submission to account for this.

1. Lizard
  2. Hamster Wheel
  3. Dung Beetle
  4. Moon Jelly
  5. Armadillo
I just added the content breakdown to my Happy Tree Friends submission.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
1. Armadillo
2. Hamster in Wheel
3. Footprint Wheel
4. Egg
5. Moon Jelly

Dark Comedy Franchise:

Happy Tree Friends

View attachment 371463

Because why not? This web series pokes fun at children’s shows but with extreme gore for these woodland creatures. We would have to look hard for other content besides racers, but we can do it.

Racers:

Cuddles, Giggles, Lumpy

• 4 wheels
  • 1 track
  • 2 vehicles
  • There will be no skins for any racers.
I'm getting classic memories of watching that on Youtube.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Will resubmit South Park

South Park

Connection - The Simpsons
Both long lasting animated shows with more mature themes & pop culture references. Both have referenced each other. You could argue Simpsons was also a major influence for South Park.

Edit - Also not sure how common it is in animation but both series also originated from shorts with The Simpsons being part of The Tracey Ullman Show & South Park originating from shorts dubbed The Spirit of Christmas.

Characters
Cartman & Kenny
Stan & Kyle
Butters

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
1. Hamster Wheel
2. Armadillo
3. Footprint Wheel
4. Egg
5. Turtle Shell

Family Guy

images.jpeg

Family Guy is an adult cartoon created by Seth MacFarlane,the cartoon is almost a Simpsons rip-off and it have a lot of memes.

Characters: Peter Griffin, Lois Griffin,Meg Griffin & Chris Griffin (Lois,Meg and Chris are a trio) and Stewie Griffin & Brian

Dark comedy show:
Rick and Morty
1682686283733.png
Rick and Morty is a science-fiction comedy animated series made by Justin Roiland for [Adult Swim] (which is a programming block for Cartoon Network that airs at night) and it's about Rick, an eccentric scientist who goes on interdimensional adventures with his grandson, Morty.
The season has currently 6 seasons, couple of comic issues, video games and other stuff.

The show was a big success due to it's animation, humor, plot and even characterization. Plus it was a huge breakthrough hit and it became a pop culture phenomenon in 2010's.
Also the franchise isn't afraid of crossovers since the characters appeared in Fortnite, Magic the Gathering or even in Multiversus.

Racers:
1. Rick & Morty
2. Summer
3. Mr. Meeseeks

The content of the season should go:
  • 6 Racers (Standard choice)
  • 3 racetracks (There are many locations to choose from)
  • 2 vehicles
  • 4 wheels
  • 6 skins (1 for each racer)

Do items count in it or not?

I'm submitting this franchise, because the animated show is very popular and it became a pop culture phenomenon like I said before.
(Don't worry guys, we can censor some stuff to make it kid friendly)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Dark comedy show:
Rick and Morty
View attachment 371472
Rick and Morty is a science-fiction comedy animated series made by Justin Roiland for [Adult Swim] (which is a programming block for Cartoon Network that airs at night) and it's about Rick, an eccentric scientist who goes on interdimensional adventures with his grandson, Morty.
The season has currently 6 seasons, couple of comic issues, video games and other stuff.

The show was a big success due to it's animation, humor, plot and even characterization. Plus it was a huge breakthrough hit and it became a pop culture phenomenon in 2010's.
Also the franchise isn't afraid of crossovers since the characters appeared in Fortnite, Magic the Gathering or even in Multiversus.

Racers:
1. Rick & Morty
2. Summer
3. Mr. Meeseeks

• 2 vehicles
  • 4 wheels

I'm submitting this franchise, because the animated show is very popular and it became a pop culture phenomenon like I said before.
Honestly considering R&M is known for its gadgets, I think it definitely should have items

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Smiling Friends

Really popular and newer series, I think it would be good for a game for all ages because while it’s dark and has gross, surreal moments it’s still outwardly projected in a family friendly way and is fundamentally about, well, people who want to make others smile. For vehicles and even characters we can also really lean into the surreality and I think that would be fun.
Characters: Charlie, Pim, The Frowning Friends

cashregister9

Smash Hero
1. Armadillo
2. Hamster
3. Moon Jelly
4. Footprints
5. Pufferfish

Homestuck

Homestuck is a popular webcomic with many dark comedy aspects

1. John, Rose, Dave, Jade
2. Jane, Jake, Roxy, Dirk
3. Karkat, Vriska, Terezi, Kanaya

It would have the Standard Distribution

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
South Park

Connection - The Simpsons
Both long lasting animated shows with more mature themes & pop culture references. Both have referenced each other. You could argue Simpsons was also a major influence for South Park.

Edit - Also not sure how common it is in animation but both series also originated from shorts with The Simpsons being part of The Tracey Ullman Show & South Park originating from shorts dubbed The Spirit of Christmas.

Characters
Cartman & Kenny
Stan & Kyle
Butters
Looney Tunes - Bugs Bunny, Daffy and Porky, Dan Backslide and Dainty Dora Standpipe

Surprised we haven't done this one yet. Standard content ratio, but 5 of the 6 skins will go to Bugs alone.
1. Armadillo
2. Hamster in Wheel
3. Footprint Wheel
4. Egg
5. Moon Jelly

Dark Comedy Franchise:

Happy Tree Friends

View attachment 371463

Racers:

Cuddles, Giggles, Lumpy

• 4 wheels
  • 1 track
  • 2 vehicles
  • There will be no skins for any racers. Items I believe can be included as well if not counted towards the total of 21.
1. Hamster Wheel
2. Armadillo
3. Footprint Wheel
4. Egg
5. Turtle Shell

Family Guy

View attachment 371471

Family Guy is an adult cartoon created by Seth MacFarlane,the cartoon is almost a Simpsons rip-off and it have a lot of memes.

Characters: Peter Griffin, Lois Griffin,Meg Griffin & Chris Griffin (Lois,Meg and Chris are a trio) and Stewie Griffin & Brian
Dark comedy show:
Rick and Morty
View attachment 371472

Racers:
1. Rick & Morty
2. Summer
3. Mr. Meeseeks

• 2 vehicles
  • 4 wheels

Smiling Friends

Really popular and newer series, I think it would be good for a game for all ages because while it’s dark and has gross, surreal moments it’s still outwardly projected in a family friendly way and is fundamentally about, well, people who want to make others smile. For vehicles and even characters we can also really lean into the surreality and I think that would be fun.
Characters: Charlie, Pim, The Frowning Friends
1. Armadillo
2. Hamster
3. Moon Jelly
4. Footprints
5. Pufferfish

Homestuck

Homestuck is a popular webcomic with many dark comedy aspects

1. John, Rose, Dave, Jade
2. Jane, Jake, Roxy, Dirk
3. Karkat, Vriska, Terezi, Kanaya

It would have the Standard Distribution
  1. Homestuck
  2. Smiling Friends
  3. Rick and Morty
  4. Family Guy
  5. Happy Tree Friends
  6. Looney Tunes
  7. South Park
Please vote for your top 3
  1. 3
  2. 2
  3. 1

1. Egg - 2
  2. Hedgehog - 2
  3. Ammonite - 3
  4. Dung Beetle - 3
  5. Girdled Lizard - 4
  6. Pufferfish - 5
  7. Footprints Wheel - 7
  8. Moon Jelly - 8
  9. Hamster in Wheel - 14
  10. Armadillo - 15
The wheels will be Hamster in Wheel, Armadillo, and Moon Jelly!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Submit a track for Brmmwasher's final showdown!
Please submit a track where Brmmwasher's final showdown will take place

Submit a vehicle concept for Brmmwasher!
Please submit a concept for Brmmwasher's vehicle!

Submit a vehicle concept for Brmmwasher's hypnotised cronies!
Please submit a concept for Brmmwasher's victims' vehicles! These would've been used in the previous boss races, but would only be playable after this final boss.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Brrmmwasher vehicle:
Narc Tank (Kart)
A giant tank adorned with Brmmwasher's face all over the place - the wheels are her face, the gun has her face popping out of it, even the engines are her face! Worst part: all the faces are alive, looking left and right with an uneasy grin.

Cronie vehicle:
Mind Capacitors (Wheelless Bike)
A sort of tube that contains brain matter as an energy source - at the end of a boss race, it shatters and the contents return to their rightful owner.

Brmmwasher track:
The Mindmasher
A surreal stage that mashes up short portions from a variety of tracks from crossover IPs. Everyone racing has their own track layout, you'll have to figure out the layouts your foes are using as you race!

1. Tunes
  2. Family
  3. Smiling

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Brmmwasher track:
The Mindmasher
A surreal stage that mashes up short portions from a variety of tracks from crossover IPs. Everyone racing has their own track layout, you'll have to figure out the layouts your foes are using as you race!
I imagine this place as some kind of bizarre anomaly in space-time where its getting so unstable that its starting to fuse with other universes creating this abomination franchise mishmash of a track.

Edit: Something like Playstation All-Stars stage crossover but taken to extreme levels.
(For example, Springfield invaded by monsters from Scooby-Doo or Mushroom Kingdom under attack by the creatures/bioweapons from Resident Evil, the possibilities are freaking endless)

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Votes
  1. South Park
  2. Looney Tunes
  3. Hey Peter
Brmmwasher Track: Brmmwasher's Lair / Fabric of Reality
Hello, pitiful mortalsssssss, it is I, Brmmwassssher!
You've taken down all my minionssssss, and beaten all the challengessss, ssssso prepare for our final battle tomorrow! No tricksssss, just a duel of ssskill! I pretty promisssse!
Going off of this, the first two laps of this finale course seem to have Brmmwasher stay true to her word; They take place in her lair, which is a fairly straightforward (albeit forboding) track. However, once racers approach the finish line to start their third and supposedly final lap, they suddenly get sucked into a vortex and into the fabric of reality itself, where the final battle truly begins!

The third lap takes place in a mishmash of the previous Story Mode tracks, with elements of various franchises starting to bleed into them (or is it the other way around?) - Gigantic mushrooms growing in Chaotic Constructions, Burnt Rubber Boneyard being overtaken by Joker's goons, things like that. The fourth lap is a climatic straightaway to the finish line, with various platforms and floating landmasses leading to it. It's now or never!

(For some extra dramatics, the track would originally be advertised as just Brmmwasher's Lair, with the Fabric of Reality title only being added once Brmmwasher is beaten.)

Last edited:

Baysha

Smash Ace
1. Looney Tunes
2. Happy Tree Friends
3. Homestuck

Cronie Vehicle: Hypno-Kart

A kart decorated with a lot of hypnotizing swirls. The colors change to match the character.

Brmmwasher track: Brmmwasher's Perfect Little Puppet Theater

A grandiose theater where Brmmwasher intends to use the fighters as puppets to entertain the Driftlands residents. The track goes through various locations, such as the reception and snack bar, various stages themed after the previous story mode levels, a maintenance room, and backstage. While the theater does look really pretty, the layout is surreal and confusing, with strange twists and turns, and the windows show a view of the rest of the multiverse. There are also marionette-style versions of the 7 brainwashed heroes that act as obstacles for the player. In the final lap, the Generix Prix Family (or the rest of them if the player is playing as a member) break in to help the player fight Brmmwasher, because they have like, basic empathy.

Midway through writing this I realized Wawawa may not have meant "make the inhabitants of the multiverse into puppets" this literally but eh.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Brrmmwasher vehicle:
Narc Tank (Kart)
A giant tank adorned with Brmmwasher's face all over the place - the wheels are her face, the gun has her face popping out of it, even the engines are her face! Worst part: all the faces are alive, looking left and right with an uneasy grin.

Cronie vehicle:
Mind Capacitors (Wheelless Bike)
A sort of tube that contains brain matter as an energy source - at the end of a boss race, it shatters and the contents return to their rightful owner.

Brmmwasher track:
The Mindmasher

1. Tunes
  2. Family
  3. Smiling
Votes
  1. South Park
  2. Looney Tunes
  3. Hey Peter
Brmmwasher Track: Brmmwasher's Lair / Fabric of Reality

Going off of this, the first two laps of this finale course seem to have Brmmwasher stay true to her word; They take place in her lair, which is a fairly straightforward (albeit forboding) track. However, once racers approach the finish line to start their third and supposedly final lap, they suddenly get sucked into a vortex and into the fabric of reality itself, where the final battle truly begins!

The third lap takes place in a mishmash of the previous Story Mode tracks, with elements of various franchises starting to bleed into them (or is it the other way around?) - Gigantic mushrooms growing in Chaotic Constructions, Burnt Rubber Boneyard being overtaken by Joker's goons, things like that. The fourth lap is a climatic straightaway to the finish line, with various platforms and floating landmasses leading to it. It's now or never!

(For some extra dramatics, the track would originally be advertised as just Brmmwasher's Lair, with the Fabric of Reality title only being added once Brmmwasher is beaten.)
1. Looney Tunes
2. Happy Tree Friends
3. Homestuck

Cronie Vehicle: Hypno-Kart

A kart decorated with a lot of hypnotizing swirls. The colors change to match the character.

Brmmwasher track: Brmmwasher's Perfect Little Puppet Theater

A grandiose theater where Brmmwasher intends to use the fighters as puppets to entertain the Driftlands residents. The track goes through various locations, such as the reception and snack bar, various stages themed after the previous story mode levels, a maintenance room, and backstage. While the theater does look really pretty, the layout is surreal and confusing, with strange twists and turns, and the windows show a view of the rest of the multiverse. There are also marionette-style versions of the 7 brainwashed heroes that act as obstacles for the player. In the final lap, the Generix Prix Family (or the rest of them if the player is playing as a member) break in to help the player fight Brmmwasher, because they have like, basic empathy.

Midway through writing this I realized Wawawa may not have meant "make the inhabitants of the multiverse into puppets" this literally but eh.
Brmmwasher's vehicle will be the Narc Tank by default

Please vote here for the Cronie vehicle

and here for the track

1. Homestuck - 1
  2. Smiling Friends - 1
  3. Rick and Morty - 7
  4. Happy Tree Friends - 7
  5. South Park - 8
  6. Family Guy - 12
  7. Looney Tunes - 24
What's up, doc? The Looney Tunes are taking over the racetrack! The first 3 racers will be the lead star Bugs Bunny, the essential loonatic and straight man duo Porky & Daffy, and a memetic deep cut in the form of Dan Backslide and Dainty Dora Standpipe.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Submit up to 3 Looney Tunes racers!
Please include an image of each. Tiny Toon characters are allowed, but Animaniacs characters are not. MGM characters from the same era that were retroactively aquired by WB (like Tom & Jerry, Droopy, or McWolf) will not be allowed. I should note that there's two characters I'm going to be putting a ban on: Pepe Le Pew, for obvious reasons, and Bosko, for being well... blackface. Other characters from the black and white era of Looney Tunes (like Foxy and Roxy) are fine though, and I'm also willing to allow Penelope Pussycat. Big Chungus is elegible, so are characters like Lola that came after the original run.

Last edited:
Top Bottom