• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: Drifting Dimensions - The ultimate crossover kart racer!

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
  1. Flag
  2. Curling
Franchise: Cookie Run
kingdom 2.png

• 15 Racers (First three are Gingerbrave, Custard III with Pancake as a duo, and Espresso due to him being a fan-favourite)
  • 4 Vehicles
  • 1 Track
  • 1 Wheel
About time we got some representation for mobile games.
(The closest thing to that was Angry Birds which was submitted but never got in)

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
1. Olympic Flag
2. Curling Stone

Franchise: SCP Foundation

images.png

SCP Foundation is a site created on documentary-style,the site is about a top secret organization who keep and protect creatures, mutants, places and beings.

Racers: SCP-682, SCP-999 and SCP-049

Content
-13 Racers
-4 Vehicles
-1 Track
-2 Wheels

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
  1. Flag
  2. Curling
View attachment 377617
  • 15 Racers (First three are Gingerbrave, Custard III with Pancake as a duo, and Espresso due to him being a fan-favourite)
  • 3 Vehicles
  • 2 Tracks
  • 1 Wheel
(Something something 21 content ratio)

For the skins, one for each racer since there's lots of alternate outfits to pick from the games.

(The closest thing to that was Angry Birds which was submitted but never got in)
This doesn't work out at 21 but instead 36

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
1. Curling Stone
2. Flag

Franchise Submission:

Kamen Rider

Racers: Kamen Rider Ichigo, Kamen Rider Zero-One

Vehicle: Typhoon (Bike)

IMG_0599.jpeg

Since this is an “Anything Goes” round, I wanted to submit a franchise that was one of my most wanted for a main season that wouldn’t be all that too nichè and has been submitted a few times. Thus, I came down to submitting this legendary Japanese franchise. Plus, with Kamen Rider Gotchard already out, it’s a perfect time to bring in these Japanese superheroes that we have some Power Rangers/Super Sentai content in DriDim.

Content:

10 Racers
10 Vehicles
1 Track

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Scott Pilgrim

A cult-classic franchise spanning several variations on the tale of the irresponsible and immature 22-year-old Scott Pilgrim, who must defeat the seven evil exes of his girlfriend, Ramona Flowers, in order to continue dating her. Even though the movie flopped, the series came back really strong just recently, with the game and film's re-release and a Netflix anime coming this November.

8 racers
8 skins
2 tracks
2 wheels
1 vehicle

Racers: Scott Pilgrim, Ramona Flowers, Kim Pine

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Bionicle

One of the most beloved LEGO Lines featuring great lore, characters and many other things that have stayed with people for many years

8 Racers
8 Vehicles
2 Tracks
1 Wheel
2 Skins

Racers: Tahu, Takanuva, Makuta Teridax

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
EarthBound

7 Racers (Ness, Kumatora)
6 Vehicles (Runaway Five Bus)
2 Tracks
3 Wheels
4 Costumes

I’ve kind of said this a lot in submissions but we have a lot of Nintendo content but they’re all their biggest franchises: Mario, Zelda, Pokémon, Smash, Kirby, etc. so I think it would be the natural next step to add a lesser known one. Earthbound, however, is still fairly well known given how many titles it inspired but I’d still relatively obscure and I think it’s sense of humour would fit this game well.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Like A Dragon/Yakuza

Big franchise for sega right now with a dedicated following, Series can offer alot in both a serious & whacky tone from the story & side activities. Inshin should also be eligible which could offer even more unique/distinct content.

Racers

Kiryu Kazuma
Goro Majima
Ichiban Kasuga

Normal content ratio

darkvortex

Smash Lord
3f283002b47c62b1e5d311c45f95c97e.jpe

Naruto
Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura (all Shippuden)
It's been a while since we added any anime franchises, I think it'd be cool to finish up the big Shonen Jump trio. Would pull from the original series, Shippuden and Boruto.

• Eight racers
  • Three vehicles
  • Two tracks
  • Four skins
  • Two wheels

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Mamboo07 Mamboo07 It's supposed to be 21, not 20

This round of votes I, again, didn't need to calculate - Curling Stone and Flag will be added

Despicable Me - Gru, the Gorls, Minions (team of 8)

Standard content ratio, but half of the skins are for the Minions, 2 are for Gru, and 1 is for anyone else.

1. Curling Stone
  2. Flag
  1. Flag
  2. Curling
View attachment 377617
  • 14 Racers (First three are Gingerbrave, Custard III with Pancake as a duo, and Espresso due to him being a fan-favourite)
  • 4 Vehicles
  • 1 Track
  • 1 Wheel
1. Olympic Flag
2. Curling Stone

Franchise: SCP Foundation

View attachment 377618

SCP Foundation is a site created on documentary-style,the site is about a top secret organization who keep and protect creatures, mutants, places and beings.

Racers: SCP-682, SCP-999 and SCP-049

Content
-13 Racers
-4 Vehicles
-1 Track
-2 Wheels
1. Curling Stone
2. Flag

Franchise Submission:

Kamen Rider

Racers: Kamen Rider Ichigo, Kamen Rider Zero-One

Vehicle: Typhoon (Bike)

View attachment 377619

Since this is an “Anything Goes” round, I wanted to submit a franchise that was one of my most wanted for a main season that wouldn’t be all that too nichè and has been submitted a few times. Thus, I came down to submitting this legendary Japanese franchise. Plus, with Kamen Rider Gotchard already out, it’s a perfect time to bring in these Japanese superheroes that we have some Power Rangers/Super Sentai content in DriDim.

Content:

10 Racers
10 Vehicles
1 Track
Scott Pilgrim

A cult-classic franchise spanning several variations on the tale of the irresponsible and immature 22-year-old Scott Pilgrim, who must defeat the seven evil exes of his girlfriend, Ramona Flowers, in order to continue dating her. Even though the movie flopped, the series came back really strong just recently, with the game and film's re-release and a Netflix anime coming this November.

8 racers
8 skins
2 tracks
2 wheels
1 vehicle

Racers: Scott Pilgrim, Ramona Flowers, Kim Pine
Bionicle

One of the most beloved LEGO Lines featuring great lore, characters and many other things that have stayed with people for many years

8 Racers
8 Vehicles
2 Tracks
1 Wheel
2 Skins

Racers: Tahu, Takanuva, Makuta Teridax
EarthBound

7 Racers (Ness, Kumatora)
6 Vehicles (Runaway Five Bus)
2 Tracks
3 Wheels
4 Costumes

I’ve kind of said this a lot in submissions but we have a lot of Nintendo content but they’re all their biggest franchises: Mario, Zelda, Pokémon, Smash, Kirby, etc. so I think it would be the natural next step to add a lesser known one. Earthbound, however, is still fairly well known given how many titles it inspired but I’d still relatively obscure and I think it’s sense of humour would fit this game well.
Like A Dragon/Yakuza

Big franchise for sega right now with a dedicated following, Series can offer alot in both a serious & whacky tone from the story & side activities. Inshin should also be eligible which could offer even more unique/distinct content.

Racers

Kiryu Kazuma
Goro Majima
Ichiban Kasuga

Normal content ratio
Franchise: Angry Birds

A mobile game staple, it's high time these furious fowl and scheming swine joined the race alongside their recent hedgehog copatriots.
  • Eight racers (Red, Chuck, Ross)
  • Four vehicles
  • Two tracks
  • Four skins
  • One wheel
View attachment 377652
Naruto
Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura (all Shippuden)
It's been a while since we added any anime franchises, I think it'd be cool to finish up the big Shonen Jump trio. Would pull from the original series, Shippuden and Boruto.

• Eight racers
  • Three vehicles
  • Two tracks
  • Four skins
  • Two wheels
  1. Naruto
  2. Angry Birds
  3. Yakuza
  4. EarthBound
  5. Bionicle
  6. Scott Pilgrim
  7. Kamen Rider
  8. SCP Foundation
  9. Cookie Run
  10. Despicable Me
Please vote for your top 5
  1. 3
  2. 3
  3. 2
  4. 1
  5. 1

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
1. Angry Birds
2. Scott Pilgrim
3. Despicable Me
4. SCP
5. Yakuza

Engine Classes

Frog: Slower speed, slower acceleration, but pulls in narrowly-missed item boxes. It has a really high short-hop, somewhat reminiscent of Mario Kart GP. Can be used for small corner-cuts or skillfully dodging items.

Bumper: Bumping into an opponent, depending on your speed at the time of impact, has way more knockback than usual, so if they're close to a cliff, you can send them right off! The downside is that you'll hardly get offensive items.

Paper Airplane: Going off ramps lets you glide for a bit, with some amount of control, like a weaker MK7/8 glider. This will last longer if you trick off of it. You can make some really inventive shortcuts this way! Mini-turbos also last longer. Walls will stop you in your tracks even if they're only grazed, and you go slower (and can't glide off ramps) when holding an item.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Janx's classes will be used

1. Cookie Run - 1
  2. Bionicle - 2
  3. Kamen Rider - 4
  4. Despicable Me - 7
  5. Yakuza - 9
  6. EarthBound - 10
  7. SCP Foundation - 10
  8. Naruto - 14
  9. Scott Pilgrim - 16
  10. Angry Birds - 17
Waaahoooyah! They're the best birds, and they're angry!

1. Eight racers (Red, Chuck, Ross)
  2. Four vehicles
  3. Two tracks
  4. Four skins
  5. One wheel

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Super Angry Birds (Team of Red, Chuck, Bomb, Terrence)

Dahlia

Eggs

Gale
Got my next class in like two minutes but I can go ahead and submit Garry
  1. Garry
  2. Gale
  3. Eggs
  4. Dahlia
  5. Super Angry Birds
  6. Jo
  7. King Pig
  8. Bomb
  9. Hal
  10. Billy the Sign
  11. Bubbles
  12. Silver
  13. Poppy
  14. Mighty Eagle
  15. Matilda
  16. Stella
  17. Blues
  18. Foreman Pig
  19. Ice Bird
  20. Corporal Pig
  21. Terrence
Please vote for your top 7, we will add 5
Normal FazDude FazDude

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
  1. King Pig
  2. Bomb
  3. Foreman
  4. Corporal
  5. Blues (Jay, Jake, and Jim)
  6. Hal
  7. Billy
Tracks
Screenshot 2023-09-17 163855.png

Stunt
A desert-themed track filled with stunts (hence the name), such as narrow passageways, tight turns, banked corners, corkscrews and loops.

Combines the three tracks (Dust Bowl, Tumbleweed, and Blast Off) together into one big track in a three-lap section like Mount Wario from Mario Kart.

Music: The Big Stunt

Screenshot 2023-09-17 163945.png

Rocky Road
A track having an off-road theme with bumpy and wavy roads, as well as large ramps.

Same as Stunt (Combines Mighty Mountain, Hog Hideaway, and Oink Canyon together into one big track)

Music: Rocky Roads

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
1. King Pig
2. Terrence
3. Billy the Sign
4. Matilda
5. Mighty Eagle
6. Hal
7. Bomb

I forgot to mention, all the seasons submitted for the free-for-all season all filled some sort of niche needed in DriDim but I'm very satisfied with Angry Birds joining given we did not have any mobile games represented as crossovers yet so congrats to FazDude FazDude

Tracks

Bird Island

Music: Main Theme of The Angry Birds Movie

ezgif-3-78ea5453a2.jpg

I thought I would throw in some movie representation but this track is one of those big touring tracks where you pass by the landmarks of Bird Island seen in The Angry Birds Movie and the games. It's a 2-lap course given it's sheer size. The various residents of Bird Island will be seen cheering you on as you raise and you may get to see the statue of The Mighty Eagle himself! Watch out for falling fruits from the trees and other hazards on the track as they can hinder you while you raise!

Hog Head Mountain

Music: Polkabilly Porks

ezgif-1-8b5073de33.jpg

It's time to travel to the Angry Birds's enemy's island, Piggy Island. But this time, the race track is only one landmark on the island. When racing on Hog Head Mountain, it's a 2-lap track going up and down the mountain again. Various pigs will try to stop you from making your way up as hazards but you can defeat them with items! You'll pass by the waterfall as well.

Top Bottom