• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: Drifting Dimensions - The ultimate crossover kart racer!

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
1. Rocko’s Modern Life
2. Thomas and Friends
3. PepsiCo

Personally, I love doing the one-person franchise jobs as it allows me to be super creative. However, I can understand that those will be very minimal. Alongside this, I feel our next franchise expansion should be focused on another aspect besides racers so that’s why my first two votes are for Rocko and Thomas (hoping Thomas wins since I want a vehicle expansion). PepsiCo gets third since I love food mascots. They are all great expansion ideas so great job everyone!

Tracks with Unique Gimmicks Mini-Franchise:

Hasbro Gaming

IMG_0023.jpeg

I don’t think we have a board games-based franchise yet so why don’t we go with Hasbro Gaming? We can always expand it later on but I have some unique gimmick based boards here.

Monopoly Board

Music: Monopoly Live Background Music

It's a smaller track as it will be faster to complete so more laps (basically this game's version of Baby Park). The racers are shrunk down to the size of the game board and you race around the board. There are a few gimmicks on this racetrack:
  • Passing GO gets you a speed boost
  • When any racer passes a Chance or Community Chest space, you get a card that will either buff or nerf your stats
  • You can also pick up the house and hotel hazards as they are placed down and throw them at other racers.
Also, there will be hands showing that people are playing Monopoly so watch out as those as hazards and can hinder you! Forgot to mention, if you are picked up as a game piece, the hand can place you anywhere on the track so may the odds be in your favor!

Candy Land

Music: Sweet Celebration (from the Candy Land movie)

Another fun board-game based course. Basically, it’s a two-part course but with another twist. The whole movement of your cart involves you hitting the card pile for Candy Land. Thus, this will determine where you spawn on the race track so you could potentially end up pretty far. The first lap ends at Grandma Nutty’s house and ends at King Kandy’s castle.

However, you will need to continue hit the cards to determine your placement. If you get a licorice card, you will be stuck on a licorice space for a few seconds! There are also move back cards (not seen in Candy Land but still important to keep the race longer and more interesting) that can place you back. May luck be in your favor in the race to visit King Kandy!

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Items franchise: Garfield

1. Morning Coffee - Oil Tank
  2. Beware of Dog sign - Tacks
  3. Lasagna - Flame Power
  4. Abu Dahbi package - Exploding Traffic Light
  5. Monday - Homing Missile
  6. Splut Pie - Dummy Wheel
  7. Pooky - Speed Bomb
  8. Spaghetti and Meatballs - Ice Crystal
  9. Comic Panel - Force Field
I know the speed bomb is based on the magic wand from Garfield Kart, but it also isn't really a distinctly "Garfield" piece of iconography so I left it out for Pooky
I will resubmit my Garfield items

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
  1. Google/YouTube - 2
  2. Jimmy Neutron - 5
  3. Jurassic Park - 7
  4. Thomas & Friends - 7
  5. Portal - 11
  6. Rocko's Modern Life - 12
  7. Pepsi - 16
The long-awaited (out universe, I'm not sure if you can say the same in-universe) Pepsi expansion is here!

Among Us/Innersloth

First track: The Skeld - Song: Original
A long, 2-lap track. This track's layout is very much inspired by the Among Us skeld layout. It is overlaid with many screens showing random racers you'll need to pay attention to - for one racer has been deemed an impostor. The impostor racer has access to beefed up items in crazy quantities, but needs to use these in moderation. Once the first place racer hits the second lap, you'll be stopped and have to choose one from a pool of 4 racers who could potentially be the impostor, with first place always being an option even if they aren't the impostor. If the impostor is sussed out, they'll turn into a pitifully slow Crewmate, who just walks about like that MKW mod. If you correctly guess the impostor, you'll get a speed boost even if the impostor didn't get majority vote, and if you're majority voted as sus despite not being an impostor, you will recieve minor stat nerfs.

Second track: The Airship - Song: Distraction Dance
Based on Henry Stickmin, this course is quite simple - Stickmin's all about the references, so when you race on this stage your vehicle will randomly change.

1. Jurassic
  2. Pepsi
  3. Thomas
1. Rocko’s Modern Life
2. Thomas and Friends
3. PepsiCo

Personally, I love doing the one-person franchise jobs as it allows me to be super creative. However, I can understand that those will be very minimal. Alongside this, I feel our next franchise expansion should be focused on another aspect besides racers so that’s why my first two votes are for Rocko and Thomas (hoping Thomas wins since I want a vehicle expansion). PepsiCo gets third since I love food mascots. They are all great expansion ideas so great job everyone!

Tracks with Unique Gimmicks Mini-Franchise:

Hasbro Gaming

View attachment 375124

I don’t think we have a board games-based franchise yet so why don’t we go with Hasbro Gaming? We can always expand it later on but I have some unique gimmick based boards here.

Monopoly Board

Music: Monopoly Live Background Music

It's a smaller track as it will be faster to complete so more laps (basically this game's version of Baby Park). The racers are shrunk down to the size of the game board and you race around the board. There are a few gimmicks on this racetrack:
  • Passing GO gets you a speed boost
  • When any racer passes a Chance or Community Chest space, you get a card that will either buff or nerf your stats
  • You can also pick up the house and hotel hazards as they are placed down and throw them at other racers.
Also, there will be hands showing that people are playing Monopoly so watch out as those as hazards and can hinder you! Forgot to mention, if you are picked up as a game piece, the hand can place you anywhere on the track so may the odds be in your favor!

Candy Land

Music: Sweet Celebration (from the Candy Land movie)

Another fun board-game based course. Basically, it’s a two-part course but with another twist. The whole movement of your cart involves you hitting the card pile for Candy Land. Thus, this will determine where you spawn on the race track so you could potentially end up pretty far. The first lap ends at Grandma Nutty’s house and ends at King Kandy’s castle.

However, you will need to continue hit the cards to determine your placement. If you get a licorice card, you will be stuck on a licorice space for a few seconds! There are also move back cards (not seen in Candy Land but still important to keep the race longer and more interesting) that can place you back. May luck be in your favor in the race to visit King Kandy!
  1. Hasbro Gaming
  2. Among Us
Please vote here

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Submit a public domain folklore or myth franchise!

These have been submitted a lot - These have to be ancient and predate copyright, so no Robin Hood/Dracula/Pooh - though I would allow characters like that on their own in a wider franchise (so, for instance, a "scary myths" season could have Dracula). I won't be allowing any religions - though Greek gods are fine. The connections between the content of the season can be vague - so, you can do "yokai" or you can just do "Asian myths"

Last edited:
Myth franchise submission:
Greek Mythology
1690449277781.png

Ah yes, one of the most recognizable mythologies of all time, Greek mythology!
Greek Mythology is one of mythologies that originated from ancient Greece and it was consists of stories about gods and origins from ancient greek person's perspective.

Racers:
1. Zeus
2. Hades
3. Hermes

Content ratio:
14 racers (we can also allow mythological creatures from greek mythology)
3 vehicles
2 tracks
2 wheels

I think Greek Mythology makes sense here in this game, since most of the world knows about it and it gave a huge influence on various media.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Norse/Scandinavian Mythology

Racers: Thor, Odin, Kraken

IMG_0035.jpeg

Another popular pantheon of mythology right here (and one of my favorites). It’s been super influential on pop culture like Greek mythology. Thor obviously won’t be based on his Marvel superhero adaptation but moreso off of the original Thor himself. From the gods and goddesses to the creatures, there’s lots of fun to be had here when it comes to submitting!

Content:

15 Racers
3 Vehicles
1 Track
2 Skins

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Japanese Mythology

Racers: Amaterasu, Tengu, Oni
View attachment 375156

Another popular pantheon of religion right here. It’s been super influential on pop culture like Greek mythology. Some really fun things we can do here for sure. From yōkai to demons, there’s lots of possibilities here!

Content:

14 Racers
3 Vehicles
1 Track
3 Skins for Oni
I think this and my submission may cannibalize one another. I'll let you decide whether to keep it and I'll remove mine, or I'll keep mine and you remove yours.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Ancient Epics

Instead of just bringing together characters from all mythologies this would bring together heroes (or villains) from various ancient epic texts from different mythologies. I would say a character has to have a special role in the text specifically to be eligible just so people don't end up submitting a really important mythological figure just because he was mentioned once in one text.
11 Racers
2 Vehicles
5 Tracks
3 Skins

Characters:
1. Son Wukong (Journey to the West)
2. Gilgamesh (The Epic of Gilgamesh)
3. Achilles (The Illiad)

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
The Hasbro tracks will be added.

Yōkai - Rokurokubi, Kappa, Tengu

14 racers, 1 track, 5 skins.
Mythical Creatures

View attachment 375154

Racers: Mermaid,Werewolf and Goblin

Content
-15 racers
-4 vehicles
-2 tracks
Myth franchise submission:
Greek Mythology
View attachment 375155

Ah yes, one of the most recognizable mythologies of all time, Greek mythology!
Greek Mythology is one of mythologies that originated from ancient Greece and it was consists of stories about gods and origins from ancient greek person's perspective.

Racers:
1. Zeus
2. Hades
3. Hermes

Content ratio:
14 racers (we can also allow mythological creatures from greek mythology)
3 vehicles
2 tracks
2 wheels

I think Greek Mythology makes sense here in this game, since most of the world knows about it and it gave a huge influence on various media.
Norse/Scandinavian Mythology

Racers: Thor, Odin, Kraken

View attachment 375157

Another popular pantheon of mythology right here (and one of my favorites). It’s been super influential on pop culture like Greek mythology. Thor obviously won’t be based on his Marvel superhero adaptation but moreso off of the original Thor himself. From the gods and goddesses to the creatures, there’s lots of fun to be had here when it comes to submitting!

Content:

15 Racers
3 Vehicles
1 Track
2 Skins

Cryptids
Big Foot, Mothman, Loveland Frog
Might clash a bit with the already submitted creatures season and if so ill swap it out.
14 racers, 4 vehicles , 2 skins.
Ancient Epics

Instead of just bringing together characters from all mythologies this would bring together heroes (or villains) from various ancient epic texts from different mythologies. I would say a character has to have a special role in the text specifically to be eligible just so people don't end up submitting a really important mythological figure just because he was mentioned once in one text.
11 Racers
2 Vehicles
5 Tracks
3 Skins

Characters:
1. Son Wukong (Journey to the West)
2. Gilgamesh (The Epic of Gilgamesh)
3. Achilles (The Illiad)
  1. Ancient Epics
  2. Cryptids
  3. Norse Mythology
  4. Greek Mythology
  5. Mythical Creatures
  6. Yokai
Please vote for your top 3
  1. 3
  2. 2
  3. 1

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
DriDim is partaking in its first official tournament!

Please submit up to 5 top players!
Please include their user name, and ideal vehicle/racer combination - you can submit different colours for the vehicles, but none for wheels or racers beyond their existing alts. The user name should be completely original - or at least generic enough to where anyone could have it - and not the same as a known player of another game, nor any SB users. The names cannot be related to their car combos. We'll be voting for their placement within the tournament. May the best racer win!

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
1. Mythical Creatures
2. Ancient Epics
3. Norse Mythology

DriDim Top Players:

StickyWicket:
(Elmo in the TIE Fighter)

CrocoRock (Sparring Acquaintances in the Transcontinental Train)

AShrimpFriedThisRice (Krusty the Clown in the Shoe Car)

McBrick (Wario in his overalls outfit in Lightning McQueen)

Catastrophy (Mario in Bonus Car)

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
1. Mythical Creatures
2. Ancient Epics
3. Norse Mythology

DriDim Top Players:

StickyWicket:
(Elmo in the TIE Fighter)

CrocoRock (Sparring Acquaintances in the Transcontinental Train)

Heisenburger (Walter and Jesse in the Shoe Car)

McBrick (Wario in his overalls outfit in Lightning McQueen)

AutoBun (Pun on Autobahn) (Dastardly and Muttley in Bonus Car)
These names shouldn't tie to their kart combos.

1. Greek
2. Cryptids
3. Yokai

Top players submission:
1. RaceKing1993 (Uses Darth Vader in Batmobile)
2. ChrisTheX (Uses Sonic in Blue Falcon)
3. XxFalconxX (Uses Goku in Thomas)
4. BroOnWheelz69 (Uses Ryan/I like Trains in "running" legs)
5. Pancakes (Uses Sans in Lasagna tray)
(I went with more "gamer" like names to give it more "tryhard" feel)

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
The current job for today has been restarted. I'll restart it with the same rules, BUT only one player and kart per user, and just choose the victor in voting, not the full top 20.

Additionally, I will place a bonus job:

Submit a prize set for the top player!
Monetary rewards will be up to your imagination, but there'll be some dinky exclusive merch attached too. Please submit a maximum of 5 items

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
My player submission:
  1. AAAAAAAARGH!! - Capybara on Black Shenron

Prize set:
  1. DriDim "Cast so far" poster - includes all characters from all seasons up to Pepsi, and some select character vehicles
  2. Brmmwasher T-Shirt
  3. DriDim Xbox controller
  4. Gold Trophy
  5. An official, mass-produced die-cast car release of a kart setup of their choice

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Player submission:

AShrimpFriedThisRice: Mario in the Bonus Car

Prizes:
  • DriDim Trophy
  • Posters of the whole DriDim cast up to the Pepsi season as well as a poster of all the vehicles in the game
  • Exclusive banner for winning the tournament in-game (think like the MultiVersus EVO banner)
  • Set of DriDim die-cast toys
  • Winner’s racer/kart combination released as Limited Edition die-cast toy

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Player:
MarioKartDevil (Ned Flanders on Pink Flying Nimbus)

Prizes:
  • “Peppino’s Pizza” novelty pizza box
  • Capsule Corp “Car Capsule” shaped water bottle
  • Generix Prix Swirly Chair Replica
  • “Drifting Champion” tracksuit skins for Street Fighter 6, The King of Fighters XV (Steam keys available if the recipient does not own both games). Skins work on any character in those games playable in DriDim.
-

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
  1. Ancient Epics - 2
  2. Norse Mythology - 2
  3. Mythical Creatures - 6
  4. Yokai - 8
  5. Greek Mythology - 11
  6. Cryptids - 12
In our next season, we'll be hunting for the legendary cryptids! The first 3 racers will be bigfoot/sasquatch, mothman, and loveland frog
14 racers, 4 vehicles , 2 skins

Player Name: BernieMcBurnout (Grand Prix Cat on Couch Gag)

Prize Set
  • Trophy
  • Some of the DriDim die-cast cars
  • Free access to a year's worth of seasons
  • Exclusive costume for the racer's main
My player submission:
  1. AAAAAAAARGH!! - Capybara on Black Shenron

Prize set:
  1. DriDim "Cast so far" poster - includes all characters from all seasons up to Pepsi, and some select character vehicles
  2. Brmmwasher T-Shirt
  3. DriDim Xbox controller
  4. Gold Trophy
  5. An official, mass-produced die-cast car release of a kart setup of their choice
My player submission:
1. RoadReaper66 (Shredder on GUN Truck)

DriDim prizes:
1. DriDim Generix Kart-shaped trophy
2. Brmmwasher plushie
3. DriDim-themed Nintendo Switch (and also switch case)
4. DriDim t-shirt with game box art on it
5. 500 million dollars
Player submission:

AShrimpFriedThisRice: Mario in the Bonus Car

Prizes:
  • DriDim Trophy
  • Posters of the whole DriDim cast up to the Pepsi season as well as a poster of all the vehicles in the game
  • Exclusive banner for winning the tournament in-game (think like the MultiVersus EVO banner)
  • Set of DriDim die-cast toys
  • Winner’s racer/kart combination released as Limited Edition die-cast toy
Player:
MarioKartDevil (Ned Flanders on Pink Flying Nimbus)

Prizes:
  • “Peppino’s Pizza” novelty pizza box
  • Capsule Corp “Car Capsule” shaped water bottle
  • Generix Prix Swirly Chair Replica
  • “Drifting Champion” tracksuit skins for Street Fighter 6, The King of Fighters XV (Steam keys available if the recipient does not own both games). Skins work on any character in those games playable in DriDim.
-
Players
  1. MarioKartDevil (Ned Flanders, pink Flying Nimbus)
  2. AShrimpFriedThisRice (Mario, bonus car)
  3. RoadReaper66 (Shredder, GUN Truck)
  4. AAAAAAAARGH!! (Capybara, black Shenron)
  5. Bernie McBurnout (Generix Prix cat on Couch Gag)

Prizes
  1. Champion of Hyrule
  2. AlteredBeast
  3. Tankman (Please note that the prize money provided won't be documented)
  4. WaWaWa
  5. FazDude

Please vote for your top 2 of both
  1. 2
  2. 1

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Submit up to 7 cryptid racers!
We will add 11. Here's a guide you can use.

Last edited:
Top Bottom