• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates - Cartoon Network: Fusion Arena

Roster Size

Votes: 1 5.9%

Votes: 3 17.6%

Votes: 9 52.9%

Votes: 2 11.8%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

Deleted member

Mao Mao - 3
Apple and Onion - 2
Steven Universe - 18
Craig - 7
Nicole Waterson - 11
Amelia Hughes - 1

And thus our winners are Steven Universe and Nicole Waterson! This marks our first female newcomer and our first side character over main! Though this doesn't mean Gumball can't get in later. Congrats to Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds and YoshiandToad YoshiandToad

Submit a POW Card character from one of the franchises we've added
Ben 10, Dexter, Johnny Bravo, Gumball and Steven Universe. AT and Jack already have them. Submit a POW Card character from one lf these, explain who they are and what they do.

I'm gonna extend the movesets job to Sunday. If we don't get any submissions by then I'll try and do them.

osby

Smash Obsessed
POW Card: Dee Dee (Dexter's Laboratory)

1651853999672.png

Dexter's sister, who while is not as scientifically gifted as her brother, has a great imagination and talent for dance. Despite having good intentions, a lot of her attempts to interact with Dexter result in his inventions exploding due to her curiosity and carelessness.

I think Dee Dee is the perfect assist character to bring back. She's a pretty prominent character in the show but I don't think anyone would mind her not being playable. When summoned, she'd show off her Fanciful Unicorn Dance, which involves her jumping around and kicking opponents with pirouettes.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Dexter
Dexter_Rendered.png

Neutral Special: Laser Gun
Dexter-neutral-special.png

"No, no, you silly girl...I'm happy because...I finally found my Laser Gun!"
Dexter's ray gun from Punch Time Explosion returns. Honestly this one is perfect IMO, so let's keep it. Can be charged. Blasts a ball of electricity.

Side Special: Animal Atomizer
Dexter-side-special.png

"Please, please. Do not press the button! You have no idea what it...BZAP...does"
The famous single button remote from the pilot episode. Firing this will temporarily transform the opponent into an animal(providing it hits) and prevents them using their special moves during this brief window. The animal is also random:
  • A rabbit: allows the target increased speed, and jump recovery, but their defence and launch resistance is greatly reduced allowing them to be sent flying with ease. Their default attack is replaced with a rapid kick.
  • A frog: allows the target improved jumps and attack range, but their speed and defence are lowered. Their default attack is replaced with a rapid tongue attack which can strike from a further distance.
  • A turtle: Allows the target greater defence, but their speed and recovery plummet. Their default attack is replaced with bite attacks. Not very rapid though..
  • A snail: Greatly weakens the opponent. Has no advantages. Cannot jump. Slow. Weak. Low defence. Easily launched. Default attack is swinging their eyes at you. Dexter's ideal outcome.
  • A tiger: Greatly strengthens the target. Attack power greatly increased. Launch power greatly increased. Decent recovery. Decent jump. Increased speed, launch resistance increased. Default attack is a powerful set of claw swings. Dexter does not want to accidentally get this one.
Due to the way this special works it has a long cooldown of twenty seconds if this hits, seven if it misses. Targets will only remain as the animal for two seconds so Dexter will want to follow up quickly. Can be used to cruelly edgeguard, although as it resets the jump of the target midair the target will be able to recover if they get rabbit, frog or tiger. Turtle and snail both drop like a rock though. It's a gamble!

Up Special: Hydroplasmatic Inflation Suit
Dexter-Up-Special.png

"Ha, you are the dumb one because all you need to do is turn that dial and..."
A rubbery suit that can be inflated with the turn of a dial. This allows for a slow float up for a period. However, the only thing keeping the air in... is a cork. As a result attempting to recover from too low or too far away will cause the cork to pop out and send Dexter flying like a released balloon.
  • This CAN be used to his advantage as it will start by rocketing him forward, but he will start to loop as it deflates further.
  • Does mild damage during the speedy release and loops, but does no damage during the float.
  • The cork can be released early giving Dexter players some tactical ability with the rocketing.
  • Dexter wears this under his lab coat in this game.
Down Special: Time Expansion Helmet
Dexter-Down-Special.png

"This is incredibly dangerous. However. What is science without the risk?"
Dexter puts on his Time Expansion Helmet, slowing time around him. Acts like Bayonetta's Witch Time in that it's a counter that temporarily slows down an opponent attacking him, giving Dexter time to counter.

Ultimate Attack: Robo Dexo 2000
Dexter-Ultimate.png

"PLAY TIME IS OVER DEEDEE!"
In the cutscene Dexter clambers into his mecha with a smug grin, before striking a dramatic pose, complete with light sheen on the helmet of his most famous invention. In gameplay, this mecha allows Dexter to temporarily hit hard and fast, fly, shoot a laser from it's eyes and finish with two powerful rocket punches that deal an insane amount of damage. Getting hit by one of these giant fists and you'll likely lose a stock! Luckily the rocket punches are quite telegraphed.,

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Carl_Standing (2).png

Carl
Johnny Bravo's "best freind." When it comes down to JB characters there aren't many. The only main ones that come to mind being Suzie, Johnny's mom and Carl. Carl stuck out to me. When summoned he'd run around the stage and shout, annoying and distracting opponents.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

POW Card: Dee Dee (Dexter's Laboratory)

View attachment 351881

Dexter's sister, who while is not as scientifically gifted as her brother, has a great imagination and talent for dance. Despite having good intentions, a lot of her attempts to interact with Dexter result in his inventions exploding due to her curiosity and carelessness.

I think Dee Dee is the perfect assist character to bring back. She's a pretty prominent character in the show but I don't think anyone would mind her not being playable. When summoned, she'd show off her Fanciful Unicorn Dance, which involves her jumping around and kicking opponents with pirouettes.
View attachment 351942
Carl
Johnny Bravo's "best freind." When it comes down to JB characters there aren't many. The only main ones that come to mind being Suzie, Johnny's mom and Carl. Carl stuck out to me. When summoned he'd run around the stage and shout, annoying and distracting opponents.
DeeDee and Carl get in! Normally I'd do voting but it's early on and they're from different series so.

Submit a stage from Steven Universe and/or the Amazing World of Gumball!
We're gonna have a stage for every series and these two are no exception. You can submit for both or just one. Submit the stage describe the lay outs and any hazards

osby

Smash Obsessed
Steven Universe Stage: Crystal Temple

1651938922094.png

Probably the single most recognizable place in the show, the home base of Crystal Gems as well as Steven's home. Fighters would duke it out on the statue of Obsidian, with her shoulders, head and hand acting as solid platforms. The stage doesn't have any real hazards but it's surprisingly close to blast zones on the sides which can make it dangerous.

D

Deleted member

School Cafeteria
Players fight on a lunch table. A pretty basic stage . There are trays of food that act as both platforms and hazards, such as a pizza with cheese you can get stuck in.

Cartoon-Networks-Top-10-Cartoon-Cartoons (1).jpg

Submit a character from a Cartoon Cartoon
Cartoon Network's best shows for a long time started out as shorts on Cartoon Cartoons. Submit one of these characters. We'll be adding two agian. Dexter and Johnny Bravo are already in.

There's a list of them here

osby

Smash Obsessed
Blossom (Powerpuff Girls)

1652185473133.png

Powerpuff Girls is easily one of CN's biggest shows so it only makes sense to add a fighter from it. While all main characters should be playable (imo), I think Blossom has a slight edge over her sisters due to her being the "leader" and her unique ice breath ability. As she's already playable in Punch Time Explosion, it wouldn't be hard to imagine her fighting... not that her show's focus on graphic cartoon violence make it hard in the first place.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Screw it, I'm putting forward my very very very favourite Cartoon Network character, and potentially favourite cartoon character ever:

Edd Aka Double D (Ed, Edd N Eddy)

Double-D.png

Now it might seem a little hypocritical to suggest the hyperneurotic and germaphobe Double D of all the 'Ed Boys' with him being the least physically impressive character and also the one who abores violence the most. Heck, Double D even lost a fist fight to Jimmy of all people in the finale of Season 5 (although he did squeak out a win in a wrestling match as the Masked Mumbler against PLANK of all characters).

But! Good natured and straight laced Double D is also the one who creates ALL of the scam's inventions, creating 'bamboo technology' and weird and wacky technology. Usually these inventions backfire, often destroying the Cul De Sac in the process due to either Eddy's recklessness and ego or Ed's...idiocy. His destructive potential through his creations (and sass) know absolutely no bounds.

Whilst we already have Dexter who uses incredibly advanced technology and science, Double D would likely use inventions made out of everyday objects, working as a character who is physically incredibly weak but has great trapping potential and highly damaging inventions such as the all in one 'Thingamajig'; a gumball machine that acts like a gacha device, throwing out various stored objects in it (such as sofas, boxing gloves, giant teeth, giant scissors, etc) or the 'Baking Powder Vapor Barrier'; a Jawbreaker shaped weapon that contains enough baking powder that'll explode and can destroy a house in a single throw.

Whilst we could have the Eds as a Pokemon Trainer situation, I personally feel there's enough to each of the trio that they could stand alone.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Powerpuff Girls as a trio

The PPGs would fly in a stacked formation - a Bubbles attack would be equivalent to a kick; a Buttercup attack would be equivalent to a punch; and a Buttercup attack would be equivalent to a headbutt - the main advantage of being a trio of three tiny girls over just a regular-sized one-person fighter is that they can not only have far range with their flight; but two can attack at the same time if needed! Being a trio, they'd not only use their powers, but combine them - like Blossom creating a ball of ice with her ice breath for Bubbles to melt with her laser eyes, creating a deadly melt of hot water! Having them as a trio would also give us room to delve into the large PPG rogues gallery without overrepping the show.

Last edited:

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Grim (The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy)

954FA7FE-777F-42C7-AB8C-23DFE05F4B2E.jpeg

Ah yes, the Grim Reaper. The personification of death and the entity who is single-handedly responsible for guiding peoples’ souls to the afterlife once their time is up. Once the reaper pays you a visit, there’s no use fighting against the inevitability of your life’s end....

Unless you happen to be a pair of children who beat him in a limbo competition. In that case, the Grim Reaper is contractually obligated to be your best friend. Yeah, forget that image of the intimidating embodiment of death that’s been ingrained in pop culture, this Grim is a giant goofball whose beholden to the whims of the titular child protagonists; the idiotic, carefree Billy, and the cynical, stern Mandy.

While you could make the case that the titular William and Miranda should take priority over the reaper because they’re the main protagonists, I think this is a case where Grim has more interesting stuff going on than the duo of Pretty Normal Kids. His trademark scythe would be his primary means of attacking, along with a wide range of Grim Reaper powers which include, but are not limited to, telekinesis, creating fire, detaching and reattaching limbs, and various magic spells. We already have a decent idea of how he’d play from the first Punch Time Explosion and that one Power Stone clone they did back in 2006, but we could just as easily come up with a totally unique moveset for Grimmy.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Robot_Jones.png

Robot Jones (Whatever Happened to Robot Jones?)
This guy doesn't get nearly enough crossover love. The story of a robot trying to make it in the human world, this show has earned cult classic status.
Blossom (Powerpuff Girls)

View attachment 352114

Powerpuff Girls is easily one of CN's biggest shows so it only makes sense to add a fighter from it. While all main characters should be playable (imo), I think Blossom has a slight edge over her sisters due to her being the "leader" and her unique ice breath ability. As she's already playable in Punch Time Explosion, it wouldn't be hard to imagine her fighting... not that her show's focus on graphic cartoon violence make it hard in the first place.
Screw it, I'm putting forward my very very very favourite Cartoon Network character, and potentially favourite cartoon character ever:

Edd Aka Double D (Ed, Edd N Eddy)

View attachment 352139

Now it might seem a little hypocritical to suggest the hyperneurotic and germaphobe Double D of all the 'Ed Boys' with him being the least physically impressive character and also the one who abores violence the most. Heck, Double D even lost a fist fight to Jimmy of all people in the finale of Season 5 (although he did squeak out a win in a wrestling match as the Masked Mumbler against PLANK of all characters).

But! Good natured and straight laced Double D is also the one who creates ALL of the scam's inventions, creating 'bamboo technology' and weird and wacky technology. Usually these inventions backfire, often destroying the Cul De Sac in the process due to either Eddy's recklessness and ego or Ed's...idiocy. His destructive potential through his creations (and sass) know absolutely no bounds.

Whilst we already have Dexter who uses incredibly advanced technology and science, Double D would likely use inventions made out of everyday objects, working as a character who is physically incredibly weak but has great trapping potential and highly damaging inventions such as the all in one 'Thingamajig'; a gumball machine that acts like a gacha device, throwing out various stored objects in it (such as sofas, boxing gloves, giant teeth, giant scissors, etc) or the 'Baking Powder Vapor Barrier'; a Jawbreaker shaped weapon that contains enough baking powder that'll explode and can destroy a house in a single throw.

Whilst we could have the Eds as a Pokemon Trainer situation, I personally feel there's enough to each of the trio that they could stand alone.
Powerpuff Girls as a trio

The PPGs would fly in a stacked formation - a Bubbles attack would be equivalent to a kick; a Buttercup attack would be equivalent to a punch; and a Buttercup attack would be equivalent to a headbutt - the main advantage of being a trio of three tiny girls over just a regular-sized one-person fighter is that they can not only have far range with their flight; but two can attack at the same time if needed! Being a trio, they'd not only use their powers, but combine them - like Blossom creating a ball of ice with her ice breath for Bubbles to melt with her laser eyes, creating a deadly melt of hot water! Having them as a trio would also give us room to delve into the large PPG rogues gallery without overrepping the show.
Numbah 1
View attachment 352146
A one of main characters from Codename Kids Next Door and he is also one of obvious picks that would fit in the game.

Also his show is popular and he has moveset potential, so we could include him as playable fighter.
Courage

Courage was one of my personal favorite cartoons when it was airing and his show is iconic
Grim (The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy)

View attachment 352166

Ah yes, the Grim Reaper. The personification of death and the entity who is single-handedly responsible for guiding peoples’ souls to the afterlife once their time is up. Once the reaper pays you a visit, there’s no use fighting against the inevitability of your life’s end....

Unless you happen to be a pair of children who beat him in a limbo competition. In that case, the Grim Reaper is contractually obligated to be your best friend. Yeah, forget that image of the intimidating embodiment of death that’s been ingrained in pop culture, this Grim is a giant goofball whose beholden to the whims of the titular child protagonists; the idiotic, carefree Billy, and the cynical, stern Mandy.

While you could make the case that the titular William and Miranda should take priority over the reaper because they’re the main protagonists, I think this is a case where Grim has more interesting stuff going on than the duo of Pretty Normal Kids. His trademark scythe would be his primary means of attacking, along with a wide range of Grim Reaper powers which include, but are not limited to, telekinesis, creating fire, detaching and reattaching limbs, and various magic spells. We already have a decent idea of how he’d play from the first Punch Time Explosion and that one Power Stone clone they did back in 2006, but we could just as easily come up with a totally unique moveset for Grimmy.
Blossom - osby osby
Edd - YoshiandToad YoshiandToad
Powerpuff Girls - Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
Numbah 1 - Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds
Courage the Cowardly Dog - cashregister9 cashregister9
Grim - OrpheusTelos OrpheusTelos
Robot Jones - me

Vote for your top three! Own can't be in first.

1. Courage
2. Grim
3. Blossom

if Blossom gets in we'll have a vote on if Buttercup and Bubbles should get in automatically

D

Deleted member

Blossom- 16
Edd - 5
Powerpuff Girls - 10
Numbah 1 - 7
Courage - 13
Grim - 11
Robot Jones - 5

Blossom and Courage get in!

A poll on if we'll add the other two girls automatically. If no wins they can still get in, but will need to be voted in in appropriate rounds.

Submit a neutral stage

Submit a neutral (think FD/Battlefield) stage. This could be themed after a show but I think it would be cool if it was something more general.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend

Checkerboard Chaos
This stage would have the layout of Hazards-off Smashville - the hard platform is the original CN logo while the soft has its checkerboard pattern. The background would be based on Cartoon Network's "Checkerboard" era, as a neon-coloured checkerboard like the attached image (not ineven though). The squares will occasionally turn around to reveal a piece of abstract imagery based on a show (Chowder's floral pattern; the PPGs' end card heart; the red and green paint from Billy and Mandy's credits; e.t.c.) from time to time - whenever someone performs a KO, the patterns from their show take up all the squares, and the colours completely change when restored.

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Hey, did the Gumball and SU stage jobs ever close down? Not that I want to submit anything, I think both submitted stages are perfect as is, but I was curious

osby

Smash Obsessed
Neutral stage: The Forge (Toonami)

1652375297159.png

The Forge is a gigantic space station that first appeared in Toonami, an animated programing block made for Cartoon Network's acquired licensing that mainly focuses on action cartoons. In-universe, it's a broadcasting station and the birthplace of TOM, the host and the mascot of the program. Since Toonami is not technically a standalone show but a framing device for others, I think it's a good place to choose a neutral stage from.

In this stage, characters would fight on top of the flat side of the Forge, which acts as a medium-sized, solid platform that floats in space. There are no hazards, walls, or other platforms. The background slowly changes as the space station travels in its orbit but there's nothing of note, as it's abandoned and empty.

D

Deleted member

Bubbles and Buttercup get in! Also School Cafeteria and Crystal Temple will be out Gumball and SU stages. Congrats to osby osby and myself.

Checkerboard Chaos
This stage would have the layout of Hazards-off Smashville - the hard platform is the original CN logo while the soft has its checkerboard pattern. The background would be based on Cartoon Network's "Checkerboard" era, as a neon-coloured checkerboard like the attached image (not ineven though). The squares will occasionally turn around to reveal a piece of abstract imagery based on a show (Chowder's floral pattern; the PPGs' end card heart; the red and green paint from Billy and Mandy's credits; e.t.c.) from time to time - whenever someone performs a KO, the patterns from their show take up all the squares, and the colours completely change when restored.
Neutral stage: The Forge (Toonami)

View attachment 352258

The Forge is a gigantic space station that first appeared in Toonami, an animated programing block made for Cartoon Network's acquired licensing that mainly focuses on action cartoons. In-universe, it's a broadcasting station and the birthplace of TOM, the host and the mascot of the program. Since Toonami is not technically a standalone show but a framing device for others, I think it's a good place to choose a neutral stage from.

In this stage, characters would fight on top of the flat side of the Forge, which acts as a medium-sized, solid platform that floats in space. There are no hazards, walls, or other platforms. The background slowly changes as the space station travels in its orbit but there's nothing of note, as it's abandoned and empty.
Vote away

Submit an item from a series we have represented
Submit the item, say where its from and what it does. Our list of series can be found on thr front page.

Item submission:
Steven's shield (Steven universe)

Steven's shield is Steven's primary weapon that allows him defend himself from attacks or even he could throw his shield at enemy like Capt. America, which it could bounce off the walls or enemies.

In game, it would be Shield item, where it could allow you to block Projectiles and Melee attacks for example. Occasionally, you could throw it straight at opponent and it could bounce-off to you after hit.

I nominate this item, because it's an obvious pick for SU item and it would be cool if we had a shield-type one in our game.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Enchiridion (Adventure Time)
1652605504890.png

A mysterious tome that stores a large body of ancient knowledge and has plot significance in Adventure Time due to its magical properties.

When picked up, it would act as a one-time-use safe-fail for fighters, opening a portal and teleporting them to safety if they get too close to a blast zone. However, it will also damage them while doing so. The item can do this three times in total or until its effect wears off.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Backwards Belt (Dexter's Lab)
An invention of Dexter's that will reverse controls when slapped onto an opponent.

Unlike many other game items that reverse control, this one can be activated by the belt wearing opponent to activate a 'reverse' function saving them from a single sure death fall...providing they activate it before they die of course.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Checkerboard Chaos is our first general stage. Congrats to Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario

Vote away. The top two will get in.

Submit movesets for Steven Universe, Nicole and Courage!
Gonna keep the PPG for next week. I'm still figuring out how to do these. Johnny's moveset is still open too. This will stay open till Friday.

Submit a collectable
Submit a collectable like trophies or spirits

Top Bottom