• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[ COMPLETE! ] Smashboards Creates: All-Star Strife (An indie-based platform fighter!)

FazDude

Smash Master
Voting has closed!
  • Not only will Red be joining the roster, but it also seems we have an Impostor among us! Congratulations to Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds , who submitted the latter.
  • Flappy Pipeyard and Legitimate Research also get added to the stage list. Congratulations to AlteredBeast AlteredBeast and DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 !
I previously mentioned that there wouldn't be any new jobs until Monday night. However, IRL circumstances have made it more likely that I'll be able to get to a job tomorrow anyway. I honestly just wanna rest after today, though, so see you tomorrow!

(Oh, and PFP submissions will remain open until the next job.)

EDIT: I take back what I said about potentially having a new job tomorrow; I'll be taking Easter off from the thread. Have a good one if you celebrate!

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
And on the third day, All-Star Strife rose again.

For real, though, we're back folks! PFP submissions are closed, and all of them will be added to the document soon after I send this. Thank you all for the great submissions!

Let's get back into the swing of things with some new jobs!

Job 64/65: Submit movesets for Madeline and/or Hat Kid!

Same shtick as usual; Five special moves (neutral and one for each cardinal direction) and a unique guarding movie.

Job 66: Submit music for The Stanley Parable Adventure Line!

Submit six music tracks. This will operate by similar rules as the Diogenes' Mountain stage; Three music tracks must hail from The Stanley Parable, but the other three can be from anywhere else (including additional TSP tracks if you prefer).

Both jobs close tomorrow night.

(If you're reading this, I'll try and get my submissions in tomorrow. I've had quite a day and kinda need some time to "recharge", so to speak.)

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Job 64: Madeline moveset

Neutral Special: Bow - Madeline has elements in her backstory, along with the game Towerfall, that show that she practices archery. If the attack button is held down, you can change the angle of the attack.

Forward Special: Dash - Madeline dashes forward (slightly up or down depending on the direction of the control stick), and her hair turns blue until she hits the ground, indicating that she can't dash again. This has a good recovery, but deals no damage.

Back Special: Reverse Super - a hidden technique in the game - Madeline dashes on the ground, followed by a leap backwards. Mainly used to fake out your opponent. Like her forward special, it's got a good recovery (better recovery than the forward special, but it can't be aimed, so it's harder to use), but deals no damage, and it can't be used while her hair is blue.

Up Special: Feather - Madeline holds up a feather, turning into a golden comet-like object that can fly freely around the stage for a short amount of time. (shorter than in Celeste, since it can be used whenever you want unlike in that game) The comet flashes white as the time runs out. Using this sends you into a freefall, so it's best used as a last resort.

Down Special: Pink Cloud - a pink cloud appears beneath Madeline, acting as a temporary platform that she bounces off of. When used in the air, it appears a short distance below her, while if used on the ground, she gives a little hop, giving the player time to hit the jump button when the cloud's at its lowest point for some extra height. Only one pink cloud can be used until she returns to the stage, and it disappears if she (or anyone) jumps or walks off of it. Using this recharges her forward and back specials.

Guard: Shield - normally used as switches, Madeline creates a bubble shield around her, which can take a few hits at reduced damage before disappearing. The colour changes from purple to blue to white, and it takes a bit to recharge (so it can't be released and then pressed again to restore its durability right away, for example)

---

Job 65: Hat Kid moveset

Neutral Special: Projectile Badge - holding out her umbrella in front of her, the tip starts to glow, changing colours as the beam gains more power. This will charge as long as you hold the button, and it fires a beam once you release it, with higher levels having a longer range and doing more damage.

Forward Special: Scooter - summoning her scooter, Hat Kid drives forwards, ramming head-on into anyone in her path.

Back Special: Item Magnet - Pons, a collectible from A Hat In Time, appear behind Hat Kid. Hat Kid pulls out a giant magnet, which acts differently from her original game, pulling her towards the item rather than pulling the item towards her.

Up Special: Hookshot Badge - a grappling hook launches from the umbrella, acting as a tether recovery. (I'm assuming that tether recoveries are an option - if not, then it latches onto a floating ring that floats higher into the air before she lets go)

Down Special: Batter Up! - Hat Kid pulls out a bat from Nyakuza Metro. She gets into a batter's stance, which gives her one hit of super armour like Ryu's focus attack, before swinging it into the opponent.

Guard: Say Cheese! - Hat Kid holds out a camera, and if she's attacked from the front, she'll take a picture, temporarily blinding the opponent.

---

Job 66: The Stanley Parable Adventure Line song list

-Following Stanley (the Adventure Line)
-Exploring Stanley
-Contemplating Stanley
-Anticipating Stanley
-Educating Stanley
-Countdown

Hopefully the Madeline moveset is all right - I beat Celeste, but I haven't played Towerfall, so my options are limited. I picture her as a character who's got great mobility, but her specials don't deal much damage (or any damage, in the case of most of them), forcing her to rely on her normal attacks.

I figured the dramatic music of Countdown would make for a jarring and humourous contrast with the stage that it's in - shame that it doesn't have "Stanley" in the title, though.

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
All of Megadoomer's submissions win by default - Kinda my bad for forgetting to do Hat Kid's moveset, but...

Alright, time for some more jobs!

Job 67: Submit an option for character customization!
Simply put, devise a way for players to tailor a character to their liking. This can be done via an aesthetic-based option or something like custom moves like in Smash 4. Feel free to get creative with this one!

Job 68: What kind of collectible(s) should we use?
This is less of a "job" and more of a discussion. I wanna hear what people think we should do regarding collectibles. Should we have multiple kinds? If so, what would they be? How would you get them? What would they represent? Things like that. Feel free to give your thoughts regarding this!

Character customization submissions close tomorrow night.

FazDude

Smash Master
Job 67: Custom Colors
Same deal as in Rivals; You get a few slots where you can customize a character's colors in any way you see fit!

Job 68: Collectibles
I think we should stick to two main collectibles; A major collectable for signifigant tasks (like defeating bosses and clearing some modes), and a smaller one which can be unlocked through easier means (kinda like the stickers in Smash Brawl). As for what these collectibles could be, I think it'd be cool to have posable figurines for the major collectible, while the smaller ones would be trading cards.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 67

Buddies they would be very similar to rivals

Job 68

I agree with the 2 collectibles Idea

My 2 ideas are

Pogs & Pins

Pogs would feature new and old artwork from the games and Pins would be artwork of characters.

Although due to pogs being trademarked they can be called Milk Caps

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
The jobs are now closed.

I'll just throw in both the customization options submitted, since I was planning on adding two anyway. Buddies will be the focus of a future job!

As for the collectibles, I'd like to thank those who gave their feedback. We won't be voting on anything just yet, but it's nice to have an idea of what people want collectible-wise. Expect a more formal collectible job in the future.

With that, though, I really do hate to say that the thread's going on another small hiatus. I've got a really important exam coming up, and I want to dedicate tomorrow entirely to studying rather than juggling that and jobs. We'll be back Friday (and hopefully stick around for over a week this time!)

FazDude

Smash Master
Happy Friday, everyone! ...I-It is Friday, right?

For real, though, All-Star Strife is back! Sorry I didn't come back exactly as planned (IRL stuff happened), but I think things are stable enough for me to return to the thread. With that said, you know what time it is!

The Funny Number Job: Submit super moves for Anton and/or Peacock!
Please submit three super moves for either or both characters.

Job 70: Submit a buddy!
Submit a buddy character who'll follow players around during battles. Make sure to include a special animation they do when their player taunts! Buddies are disconfirms for playable status, so be careful.

Both jobs will close tomorrow night.

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Peacock Super Moves
  1. Argus Agony - Peacock fires a barrage of lasers from her hat and "tail", dealing multiple hits of damage to opponents before launching them away.
  2. Lonesome Lenny - Peacock drops Lonesome Lenny in her current position. After some time, Lenny will explode, creating a massive explosion which deals major damage.
  3. Goodfellas - Peacock swings her burlap sack, being able to catch one foe with it. Upon being caught, Peacock's goons will join her in stomping on the poor opponent, who is launched away with one final kick from Peacock herself.
Buddy Submission

(The dog absorbed the submission.)

For real, though, Annoying Dog from UNDERTALE would be a cool buddy. He'd retain his 8-bit appearance from the game itself, and when the player taunts, he'd bark.

Buddy submission:
Cheeseslime (Pizza Tower)

(Sorry for no photo)

Cheeseslime is one of Enemies of Pizza Tower game and he is sentient pile of cheese wandering back and forth like Goomba.

As buddy, he would follow you and when you taunt, he starts to wear a hat (A reference to Vigilante Cheeseslime from Pizza Tower) and starts yawning.

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed! My Peacock super moves win by default, while all submitted buddies will be added to the list. We're still missing an Anton super move list, but I'll handle that myself when I'm less tired.

Anyway, job time!

Job 71: Submit a boss!
That's right - No fancy criteria for this one. Just submit a boss.

Job 72: Submit a music list for Pridemoor Keep!
Submit six songs for this stage - Music from all Shovel Knight games is welcome!

Job 73: Submit a music list for Floral Fury!
Submit six songs from Cuphead for this stage.

All jobs will close Tuesday afternoon as opposed to Monday night - Gonna be busy then.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 71:Necromancer (Castle Crashers)

The Necromancer is the secondary antagonist and one of playable characters from Castle Crashers, he is a Knight Necromancer (pretty obvious,duh) who is Right-Hand Man of the Evil Wizard.

as a boss,Necromancer battle are on same place and his attacks are from original game, a straight field dungeon with a lot of dead bodies from the enemies from the Castle Crashers, Necromancer attacks at the player character flying, same from Ridley on Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Marx on Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
(note:the Necromancer's attack from bringing the dead bodies back to life are the playable characters zombified instead of Castle Crashers enemies)

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Job 71: Agunhim and Cannon

In Enter the Gungeon, depending on which character you pick, you can get a different final boss. If you pick the bullet, you fight Agunhim and Cannon(I'll give you three guesses on who they're based on). The catch here is they're only affected by ranged attacks, so if you're to fight him with a melee character, you're screwed as they won't take damage.

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed! Megadoomer Megadoomer and cashregister9 cashregister9 win the music lists for Pridemoor Keep and Floral Fury respectively by default.

As for bosses, please pick your top three from this list (self-voting allowed for 2nd and 3rd). The top two bosses will make it in!
  • Necromancer (Castle Crashers) (DragonRobotKing26)
  • Grimm / Nightmare King Grimm (Hollow Knight) (Infinity Sorcerer)
  • Gabriel (ULTRAKILL) (cashregister9)
  • Agunhim and Cannon (Enter the Gungeon) (Qwerty UIOP)
  • Risky Boots (Shantae) (FazDude)
Job 71:Necromancer (Castle Crashers)

The Necromancer is the secondary antagonist and one of playable characters from Castle Crashers, he is a Knight Necromancer (pretty obvious,duh) who is Right-Hand Man of the Evil Wizard.

as a boss,Necromancer battle are on same place and his attacks are from original game, a straight field dungeon with a lot of dead bodies from the enemies from the Castle Crashers, Necromancer attacks at the player character flying, same from Ridley on Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Marx on Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
(note:the Necromancer's attack from bringing the dead bodies back to life are the playable characters zombified instead of Castle Crashers enemies)
Job 71: Grimm/Nightmare King Grimm (Hollow Knight)
View attachment 351166

Why?
Job 71

Gabriel, Judge of Hell (ULTRAKILL)

The final boss of Act 1 in ULTRAKILL Gabriel has become one of the most iconic characters in ULTRAKILL

Gabriel would be a powerful boss that utilizes his large arsenal of weapons.

Job 73

1. Floral Fury
2. Ruse Of An Ooze
3. Botanic Panic
4. Treetop Trouble
5. Forest Follies
6. Threatenin' Zeppelin
Job 71: Agunhim and Cannon

In Enter the Gungeon, depending on which character you pick, you can get a different final boss. If you pick the bullet, you fight Agunhim and Cannon(I'll give you three guesses on who they're based on). The catch here is they're only affected by ranged attacks, so if you're to fight him with a melee character, you're screwed as they won't take damage.
Job 71: Risky Boots (Shantae)

She would be piloting her Tinker Tub, using its plethora of ammunition to bombard the player with projectiles. Unfortunately, the tub itself is rather slow and bulky, making it an easy target to hit.
----
Now, a few announcements before today's list of jobs.
  • The next fighter job will be this Thursday!
  • I will begin taking finals this upcoming Tuesday and will be studying for them for a week afterwards. As such, expect some days where I extend deadlines or have no new jobs to offer.
  • I have recently purchased Antonball Deluxe (based choice on my part, TBH), so I'll be playing around with it and compose an Anton super move list soon enough, after which I'll add it to the document.
Now then, who's ready for jobs?

Job 74/75: Submit alternate colors for Madeline and/or Hat Kid!
Submit 8/16 alternate colors for either or both characters.

Job 76: Submit a mode along the lines of Smash Run/Tour.
Simply put, suggest a mode that would contain some element of gameplay other than simply fighting. I know this is a very loose definition, so to be fair, I'll also be fairly lenient about submissions; As long as standard fighting doesn't make up more than, let's say 50% of your mode's gameplay, I'll probably allow it.

Both jobs will close tomorrow evening.

FazDude

Smash Master
Voting:
  1. Grimm
  2. Necromancer
  3. Risky Boots
Madeline Alts
  1. Default
  2. Badeline-inspired colors
  3. Theo-inspired colors
  4. Granny-inspired colors
  5. Oshiro-inspired colors
  6. "Summit" colors (pink hair)
  7. Archery outfit (model swap)
  8. Archery outfit w/ Badeline colors
Hat Kid Alts
  1. Default
  2. Bow Kid (model swap)
  3. Blueberry Pie Hat Kid
  4. Forest Critter Bow Kid
  5. Blood Moon Hat Kid
  6. Big Appetite Bow Kid
  7. Metro Hat Kid (model swap)
  8. Metro Bow Kid (model swap)
I'll submit a mode sometime tomorrow.

(Also, thanks Infinity!)

cashregister9

Smash Hero
1. Agunim and Cannon
2. Risky Boots
3. Gabriel

Hat Kid Colors
1. Hat Kid
2. Mustache Girl Colored Hat Kid
3. Conductor Colored Hat Kid
4. Crime Solving Outfit
5. Parade Outfit
6. Metro Outfit
7. Bow Kid
8. Snatcher Colored Bow Kid

Madeline Colors
1. Default
2. Badeline
3. Theo Colors
4. Old Woman Colors
5. Mr. Oshiro Colors
6. Strawberry Colors
7. Golden Strawberry Colors
8. Trans Flag Colors (Pastel Pink, Blue and White)

Mode submission:
"Tag mode" (That's the name)

The mode is based on "Tag" game, where you tag random people while running across the area of the game and they need to chase you like in real life.
The game is about how much a player can tag opponents. If one of players has too much points it wins, but if it has less, it loses the battle by removing 25 points.
Speaking of tagged people, they instantly lose the while amount of points.

1. Risky Boots
2. Necromancer
3. Agunhim and Cannon

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Mode submission:
"Tag mode" (That's the name)

The mode is based on "Tag" game, where you tag random people while running across the area of the game and they need to chase you like in real life.
The game is about how much a player can tag opponents. If one of players has too much points it wins, but if it has less, it loses the battle by removing 25 points.
Sorry, I don't think I'll be able to accept this one since it mainly revolves around main gameplay (as in, actual fighting). I'm looking moreso at modes like Smash Tour, which have a board game aspect in addition to fighting (though you don't have to do a board game if you don't want to).

Sorry, I don't think I'll be able to accept this one since it mainly revolves around main gameplay (as in, actual fighting). I'm looking moreso at modes like Smash Tour, which have a board game aspect in addition to fighting (though you don't have to do a board game if you don't want to).
Sorry, feel free to disregard this.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Not a mode, just an addition I think it would be cool.
Change announcers, just like MK11 or Skullgirls, in fact, we could have the announcers from Skullgirls or even the narrator of Stanley Parable (the idea comes from him since I was playing Ultra Deluxe right now). Idk, it's just something that I wanted to drop here even if is unrelated to the job

FazDude

Smash Master
Not a mode, just an addition I think it would be cool.
Change announcers, just like MK11 or Skullgirls, in fact, we could have the announcers from Skullgirls or even the narrator of Stanley Parable (the idea comes from him since I was playing Ultra Deluxe right now). Idk, it's just something that I wanted to drop here even if is unrelated to the job
I really like this idea - We already have Bennett Foddy providing commentary on Diogenes' Mountain, so it's not that farfetched. I might do a job for announcers somewhere down the line. Thank you for bringing this up!

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
I really like this idea - We already have Bennett Foddy providing commentary on Diogenes' Mountain, so it's not that farfetched. I might do a job for announcers somewhere down the line. Thank you for bringing this up!
I agree. Imagine switching narrators like the one in Cuphead to the one in the Stanley Parable.

FazDude

Smash Master
Voting has closed! Please welcome Grimm and Risky Boots to the boss lineup, as submitted by Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer and me!

Submissions for Madeline and Hat Kid alts have also closed. Please vote in the following StrawPolls:
We didn't get any submissions for new modes, so I'll just tuck that job away for another day.

Finally, there will be no new jobs today, since I want to have a clean slate for us to start submitting new fighters starting tomorrow afternoon (which is also when voting will close!)

(Oh, and I just added Anton's super moves, so now his moveset is complete!)

Last edited:
Top Bottom