• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Workshop Generic Q&A and FAQ (Don't Make a New Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Where exactly do you put the Strap Loader, and Controller files?

It says "Partition:2 - DATA> menu > strap > StrapEn.pac" and "Partition:2 - DATA > menu > controller > Controller.pac - If you're using Gecko (or codes), place this in the same directory as the StrapLoader"

I don't know what Partition 2 is... or what folder Data is in -__-

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Where exactly do you put the Strap Loader, and Controller files?

It says "Partition:2 - DATA> menu > strap > StrapEn.pac" and "Partition:2 - DATA > menu > controller > Controller.pac - If you're using Gecko (or codes), place this in the same directory as the StrapLoader"

I don't know what Partition 2 is... or what folder Data is in -__-
Partition 2 goes where pf is, so the strap message goes here:

pf/menu/strap/strapen.pac

Controller should be:

pf/menu/controller/controller.pac

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
hey illiinialex thanks for the help on making my textures work :)

I know your not good at making Diddy textures, but I saw NinjaLink and Royal Nynja's diddy textures and I would LUV to have my own Diddy texture. It would be GREATLY appreciated and ill promote your work every time for it, especially since it might be a challenge for you.

-advent lee-

illinialex24

Smash Hero
I think I just actually found a way around the Diddy Issue (I couldn't compress a certain file with it because it had to be indexed but it wouldnt accept an index IE meaning it couldnt work through ASH), but I found a way to compress it without an index.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Sigh. This deals with item textures and SSBB insert.

I made textures for items such as Snake's box, Peach's turnips, and the mushrooms.
I'll use Snake's box as an example of the problem I having.

I'm using WIndows XP btw,

I finished the box texture and renamed it to 059.pac since that was the name of the original pac. It it the same size as the original file and extracts correctly. When I try to insert it into 003.pac by typing
C:\items\SSBBarc.exe C:\items\003.pac -i C:\items\059.pac

I get the error message:

Can't insert C:\items\059.pac in position 2293572.

Anyone have a solution?

Also, where do you place effect pacs if you are using the SD loader code?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Sigh. This deals with item textures and SSBB insert.

I made textures for items such as Snake's box, Peach's turnips, and the mushrooms.
I'll use Snake's box as an example of the problem I having.

I'm using WIndows XP btw,

I finished the box texture and renamed it to 059.pac since that was the name of the original pac. It it the same size as the original file and extracts correctly. When I try to insert it into 003.pac by typing
C:\items\SSBBarc.exe C:\items\003.pac -i C:\items\059.pac

I get the error message:

Can't insert C:\items\059.pac in position 2293572.

Anyone have a solution?

Also, where do you place effect pacs if you are using the SD loader code?
Try renaming it 000.pac, it is very picky about names. Try that. And you place effect packs in pf\fighter\charactername

The Sex Puma

Smash Lord
How do you get the apps on your sd card into channels? Like GeckoOS as a channel. I guess my question is how do you get those channels on the wii?

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Attention Codemanager V.1.1 Users!!!!

...and people who want to hack their game easily.

I have created an easy hacking file, that will give you many textures, codemanager V.1.0 (the one that DOES work with the new Gecko, the one that lets you use over 8000 lines), the new Gecko (completely set up, you just need Homebrew), the gameconfig.txt file that must be placed in the SD card (made correctly), and some files that you can use codes with, including my giant code list called rsbe.

PLEASE NOTE:
1) This is only for American Wiis.
2) You must copy and paste the "pc" folder onto your computer.
3) You must open the "SD" folder, and copy & paste its contents onto your SD card.
4) I don't have homebrew on this, you must download it for yourself.
5) Cupid's Codes is a folder of codes compiled by me, some of them are really cool!

And finally, the download:

http://rapidshare.com/files/231590265/Wii_Easy_Hack_Menu3.3_jan8.rar.html

Icefrio

Smash Cadet
Does anyone know if it's at all possible to change the background color (The sky) In stages like Yoshi's Island (Melee) or Onett? They don't have a texture, they're just one color and I don't think STASH lets you change them.

lightnaros

Smash Rookie
Can anyone help me with this? Really eager to try brawl+. This is a real brawl cd.

loading disc

Disc Read Error

sorry about pic quality. taken with phone.
Thanks in advance.

The game will work from the wii menu if i take it out and put it in a couple of times.
Any clues? And what does reboot with hooks do? I thought it would let me run ocarina codes from wii menu (Disc channel) but that doesnt work.

rinoH

Smash Lord
...and people who want to hack their game easily.

I have created an easy hacking file, that will give you many textures, codemanager V.1.0 (the one that DOES work with the new Gecko, the one that lets you use over 8000 lines), the new Gecko (completely set up, you just need Homebrew), the gameconfig.txt file that must be placed in the SD card (made correctly), and some files that you can use codes with, including my giant code list called rsbe.

PLEASE NOTE:
1) This is only for American Wiis.
2) You must copy and paste the "pc" folder onto your computer.
3) You must open the "SD" folder, and copy & paste its contents onto your SD card.
4) I don't have homebrew on this, you must download it for yourself.
5) Cupid's Codes is a folder of codes compiled by me, some of them are really cool!

And finally, the download:

http://rapidshare.com/files/231590265/Wii_Easy_Hack_Menu3.3_jan8.rar.html
does this include B+ or do we have to get that ourselves

DeadX

Smash Journeyman
ok i asked this on the other Q+A and no one answered. i need the code for replacing diddy's popgun shot with the kat and ana assist trophy. i have the universal code and tried to plug in the values but it didn't work, so if you'd just give me the code and not send me the code thread then thanks.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Ok I am sick so I will be here less often, still will help a lot. If others of the community could step up that'd be great.

Can anyone help me with this? Really eager to try brawl+. This is a real brawl cd.

loading disc
sorry about pic quality. taken with phone.
Thanks in advance.

The game will work from the wii menu if i take it out and put it in a couple of times.
Any clues? And what does reboot with hooks do? I thought it would let me run ocarina codes from wii menu (Disc channel) but that doesnt work.
It is scratched, try using the rebooter option. That will likely work so it applies the codes to the game through the normal channel.

How can I change the order of the character selection screen? (as seen in the beginning of this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baDIzwex_Xw )

Thanks in advance.
Its called CSS. Go here for more information:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=226010

ok i asked this on the other Q+A and no one answered. i need the code for replacing diddy's popgun shot with the kat and ana assist trophy. i have the universal code and tried to plug in the values but it didn't work, so if you'd just give me the code and not send me the code thread then thanks.
Sorry I personally don't have it.

http://kittycorp.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=ontopicdiscussion&action=display&thread=930

Is there any guide like this, but for stages?

Also, could anyone help me with getting the strap to work? =/
As long as you have the following and gthe strap was exported properly it should work:

pf/menu/strap/StrapEn.pac

Also, here is the guide for stages:
Code:
Battle Field		STGBATTLEFIELD.PAC
Yoshi's Island		STGCRAYON.PAC
Delphino Plaza		STGDOLPIC.PAC
75m			STGDONKEY.PAC
Big Blue (Melee)	STGDXBIGBLUE.PAC
Corneria (Melee)	STGDXCORNERIA.PAC
Jungle Japes (Melee)	STGDXGARDEN.PAC
Green Greens (Melee)	STGDXGREENS.PAC
Onett (Melee)		STGDXONETT.PAC
Pokemon Stadium (Melee)	STGDXPSTADIUM.PAC
Rainbow Cruise (Melee)	STGDXRCRUISE.PAC
Temple (Melee)		STGDXSHRINE.PAC
Yoshi's Island (Melee)	STGDXYORSTER.PAC
Brinstar (Melee)	STGDXZEBES.PAC
Distant Planet		STGEARTH.PAC
Mario Bros.		STGFAMICOM.PAC
Final Destination	STGFINAL.PAC
Port Town Aero Dive	STGFZERO.PAC
Green Hill		STGGREENHILL.PAC
Flat Zone 2		STGGW.PAC
Halberd			STGHALBERD.PAC
Summit			STGICE.PAC
Rumble Falls		STGJUNGLE.PAC
Mario Circuit		STGKART.PAC
Warioware, Inc.		STGMADEIN.PAC
Luigi's Mansion		STGMANSION.PAC
Mushroomy Kingdom 1	STGMARIOPAST_00.PAC
Mushroomy Kingdom 2	STGMARIOPAST_01.PAC
Shadow Moses Isle (Rex)	STGMETALGEAR_00.PAC
Shadow Moses Isle (Ray)	STGMETALGEAR_01.PAC
Shadow Moses (Gecko)	STGMETALGEAR_02.PAC
New Pork City		STGNEWPORK.PAC
Norfair			STGNORFAIR.PAC
Bridge of Eldin		STGOLDIN.PAC
Frigate Orpheon		STGORPHEON.PAC
Skyworld		STGPALUTENA.PAC
Pictochat		STGPICTCHAT_en.PAC
Pirate Ship		STGPIRATES.PAC
Hanenbow		STGPLANKTON.PAC
Pokemon Stadium 2	STGSTADIUM.PAC
Spear Pillar (Dialga)	STGTENGAN_1.PAC
Spear Pillar (Palkia)	STGTENGAN_2.PAC
Spear Pillar (Cresselia)STGTENGAN_3.PACSpecial Thanks: Phantom Wings, Igglyboo, Nuke (for his awesome homebrew application Gecko
Oh and if I get the chance, I wanna add this all the OP but not feeling good.

lightnaros

Smash Rookie
It is scratched, try using the rebooter option. That will likely work so it applies the codes to the game through the normal channel.
I thought I tried that. Will try again.
Still does not work. Is there a certain hook type I must chose? My disc is in almost mint condition. Really good condition, one small small scratch. Doesn't even look that bad.

Maybe Rebooting doesn't work because I hacked my wii to have a booter built into the disc channel, maybe thats throwing off the rebooting.

CR4CK3RWOLF

Smash Rookie
k this is where you wanted me to post my question?

1st. ive already installed gecko os (1.9 i think..) and i need the codes for unhindered pause camera, i also need some help on what to do once i get the code... turn it into a .gct? i have the code program... but idk how to use it. halp?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
k this is where you wanted me to post my question?

1st. ive already installed gecko os (1.9 i think..) and i need the codes for unhindered pause camera, i also need some help on what to do once i get the code... turn it into a .gct? i have the code program... but idk how to use it. halp?
Ok cool and hey. Save the following code as a .txt file.

Code:
RSBE01

Smash Bros Brawl (US)

Unrestricted Pause Camera

040A7D60 4E800020
04109D88 38800001
Open up Code Manager.exe and open up this .txt file in it. Now, check the box and click on the bottom "Export to .gct" and choose the drive of your SD card. Enjoy, your all good :)

CR4CK3RWOLF

Smash Rookie
alright, i made the file, put it in my sd card, loaded gecko os 1.9 (checked to be sure!) and it said it found it and applied it... yet when i tried to move the camera it was still hindered... if this was meant for replays i tried to use it there too with no luck...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom