• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Workshop Generic Q&A and FAQ (Don't Make a New Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Hmm. While that could be useful, what I'm looking for is common3.pac, as in the folder that's supposed to (eventually) result from running common3_en.pac through SSBBextract. I said it somewhere earlier, that it gives me an empty file when I do this, and you said you'd be able to hook me up with the file, as you found a download link to it.
You need to find where it gives you the empty folder, copy SSBExtract and the file in question there and then drag it in there in that folder. Then it will work. Went through the same issue. Chances are it goes to Documents and Settings\Yourname

Icefrio

Smash Cadet
Ahah okay, I see. Thank you! I had located the folder before, but I was unaware of that first step.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I got it working :p

:093:

Icefrio

Smash Cadet
Hmm. Now I'm getting a microsoft report telling me that SSBExtract encounters an error and closes. Any ideas?

Icefrio

Smash Cadet
Right before the error message, it says 'assuming MSBin. Then it stops.

Arkaether

Smash Ace
I think there are hitbox length codes, seeing as Falcon's knee just seems so much better. Could just be physics, though.

I do know for a fact that we do not have codes to create or alter hitboxes.

IC3R

Smash Lord
I think they sped up Falcon's air speed so it seems like his Knee has better range.
I believe shanus said they did not have a code for an aerial mobility modifier (they wanted to try out a DDD with the "Jiggly Effect").

I believe what you are experienceing is momentum. Dash -> Jump -> Aerial makes it seem a whole lot better-ranged.

Wavedash Master

Smash Journeyman
I believe there are, I do not know for a fact. I do know there are hitbox length altering codes and you can edit frame data, but I am not sure if you can only speed up a move.
They can change just about everything about a hitbox except the size of it. The frame mod can change the speed of anything about the move (startup, duration, cooldown etc.).

Wavedash Master

Smash Journeyman
The only thing they did to rest was significantly raise the knockback so it was that OHKO move that it should have been (Like Smash 64 and Melee).

WaterTails

Smash Lord
The only thing they did to rest was significantly raise the knockback so it was that OHKO move that it should have been (Like Smash 64 and Melee).
And they made it more Melee-esque by getting rid of the flower, and giving it a fire "property."

Almas

Smash Lord
Rest isn't really a OHKO move - it usually gets it at about 40-50% on most maps.

The duration of hitboxes can be changed using the Framespeed Modifier Code. However, you may be finding that Knees are easier to land because now they can be comboed into - though the window is still tight, the enemy has a harder time preventing it.

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
My friend is not asking for whatever reason, but he wants to know if, in the event the Wii broke or malfunctioned in some way, he could 100% completely and totally remove B+/softmodness. Or is it always going to be there in some way?

Arkaether

Smash Ace
No problem, just delete the HBC, and you're set. All softmodness is gone. B+ will be no more. Your friend has nothing to worry from the FBI.

Of course, if it broke, you might have a hard time deleting it.

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
No problem, just delete the HBC, and you're set. All softmodness is gone. B+ will be no more. Your friend has nothing to worry from the FBI.

Of course, if it broke, you might have a hard time deleting it.
Lol FBI, thanks I was going to ask sooner but Melee videos are too good. Anyway, I guess that was my thing though- if something happens to my Wii (not saying related to Brawl+/HBC), there's not really a way to remove it, right? Is there any way to have everything run off of an SD card so there's nothing saved to your Wii?

codfish92

Smash Ace
Denver Colorado: wishing it was never summer.
what do the "independent pokemon + no wreck my music", "giga and company engine v2", "hold shield for giga and company v2", "CSS fixes for giga and company v2", and the "alloys don't crash and others don't wreck my music v2" codes do?

codes by spunit262

illinialex24

Smash Hero
I have no idea, try posting that in the B+ thing.

CSS fixes means that it has to do with Character selection screen, while the hold shield for giga and company likely means you hold shield while selecting Bowser to get Gigabowser.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Hmm...

I have two textures for Samus/ZSS that work perfectly fine EXCEPT for when Samus transforms to ZSS. But when ZSS goes to Samus it works fine, and if I choose ZSS at the select screen the ZSS texture works fine, but it can't transform from Samus.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Hmm...

I have two textures for Samus/ZSS that work perfectly fine EXCEPT for when Samus transforms to ZSS. But when ZSS goes to Samus it works fine, and if I choose ZSS at the select screen the ZSS texture works fine, but it can't transform from Samus.
Weird, I don't have this issue at all, but I have heard so much about it. Everyone has had the .pac's, you have them right too?? 2.1a file replacement?? If so, its likely a game code error of some sort... Like me, being unable to choose a texture on sleepy hat puff.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Weird, I don't have this issue at all, but I have heard so much about it. Everyone has had the .pac's, you have them right too?? 2.1a file replacement?? If so, its likely a game code error of some sort... Like me, being unable to choose a texture on sleepy hat puff.
Yep, got all the .pac's. I do still have v1.3 though, I'm waiting for SCOTU to update it, lmao.

Do you think the new File Replacement could do the trick?

lordhelmet

Smash Master
I still don't understand how to get the .csp files to work.

>.<

Do I need to download a bunch of crap to get them to work?

Same goes for stage and item textures.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
How many lines of code does gecko 1.9 allow without the snapshot method?

Also... the codes to allow textures are on version 2 now iirc, can anyone link me to the version before the one currently in the textures stickied thread? This is for PAL btw =D Thanks to whoever answers my question!

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Anyone know where to put the .cps files on the SD card?
You don't, run them through CSPTools and put the outputted stuff in the PF folder.

I still don't understand how to get the .csp files to work.

>.<

Do I need to download a bunch of crap to get them to work?

Same goes for stage and item textures.
Download CSP tools seriously.

How many lines of code does gecko 1.9 allow without the snapshot method?

Also... the codes to allow textures are on version 2 now iirc, can anyone link me to the version before the one currently in the textures stickied thread? This is for PAL btw =D Thanks to whoever answers my question!
8000 with GeckOS 1.9. And I dunno for the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom