• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU and 3DS - Ike Joins the Fray

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
What the hell did Ike do to get so buff in such a short time? Taking workouts with Chris Redfield by punching large boulders? :yeahboi:

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
Ike being confirmed raises the chance other FE characters won't be in. Of coourse there's still a chance, but it's less likely now.

also, Marth looks so kiddy compared to Ike...
I glanced at that pic and thought that was Lyn! Boy am I in trouble...

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Cool, when Chrom gets in we can have 3 blue haired, sword wielding lords from a game filled with axe / lance users, archers, rogues, assassins, knights, and so on.

Boring as ****.

At least he looks cooler.

Last edited:

Senario

Smash Ace
Because the sh*tstorm over Zero Suit Samus just wasn't enough, right? What we really need is a voluptuous girl in a black bikini and a sheer, lacy shawl thing!

Please no, Sakurai. Please.
Yeah because Ike is in no way shape or form an over exaggerated form of the male image which most of the posters here can hope to achieve. Apparently it is wrong to have sexual iced women but when it comes to guys we are just told to freaking deal with it. I'm sure none of us look like any characters like this.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Yeah because Ike is in no way shape or form an over exaggerated form of the male image which most of the posters here can hope to achieve. Apparently it is wrong to have sexual iced women but when it comes to guys we are just told to freaking deal with it. I'm sure none of us look like any characters like this.
I don't mind characters looking like this regardless of their sex, since I remember they are just an artist's fantastical creation.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Really? We only start doing this just now? I thought this should have started long ago in Brawl with Snake. Plus, we'd all like to look as good as the characters like this.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
This game needs more swords.
There are SOOOO many characters that fight with their hands and feet; it was getting a little redundant.
I never understand this argument. I believe when people say with swords, they mean with sword specials. Not basic melee.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
What the hell did Ike do to get so buff in such a short time? Taking workouts with Chris Redfield by punching large boulders? :yeahboi:
To be fair, it wasn't a short time. The gap was 6 years. Any guy, (If he sticks to his plan) can get that buff in 6 years.

antiglare

Smash Rookie
OMG, how many times have I been telling people this niqga would come back!!!?? Lucas, ROB, GnW, and whoever else people are doubting are coming back as well... Ive been saying this since the TL relase!!! Im so hype!!! Dont even... I mean, whoooooooooo!!! I feel so RIGHT!!
I dont know about ROB man, probably not coming back. I mean if they bring back all the characters from brawk, plus some more newcomers you gonna end up with a 50+ character roster

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink
Oh yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now thats what im talkin about!!!!! We like Ike!!!! **** yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hes gonna be my main so is link!!!!!!!! Ike just so damm happy! Ive been waiting for this day!!!! Im...Im Im a soooo happy yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dies.

Floor

Floor | Defiant of Destiny
NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675
Oh yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now thats what im talkin about!!!!! We like Ike!!!! **** yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hes gonna be my main so is link!!!!!!!! Ike just so damm happy! Ive been waiting for this day!!!! Im...Im Im a soooo happy yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dies.
Well...That happened.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
"Basically confirmed"...based on what? Blind support? He has blue hair so he must be in it? He was in a game that came out? I'd really like to know.

I remember when Geno and Krystal and Ridley were "basically confirmed" during the Brawl era.
The Sal leak, basically. The only legitimate Smash 4 leak besides the Palutena picture leak, really. Much different than Geno and Krystal pre-Brawl.

Floor

Floor | Defiant of Destiny
NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675
Okay, where are we finding all these leak's? Can someone put a link or something to a nice and tidy list of leak's?

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Actually it's 2 years, that's the gap between path of radiance and radiant dawn
I was talking about the gap between Brawl and SSB4, but even in two years Ike could still get that buff.

As of right now, it still is boring, for me that is. The only character I got remotely excited for was Marth. No characters I really want in the game are here yet, so I'm getting discouraged.
What characters do you want to see in SSB4

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
As of right now, it still is boring, for me that is. The only character I got remotely excited for was Marth. No characters I really want in the game are here yet, so I'm getting discouraged.
Then wait until E-3 when you can **** your pants in excitement

Alondite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Exaccus
Edit: Eh, sorry for double posting.

Is just me or Ragnell is too short this time?
Ike is significantly larger as a Hero than he was as a Ranger in Path of Radiance. It's not that Ragnell is smaller, it's that Ike is bigger.

They really should have used this design for Brawl; Radiant Dawn was out well before Brawl ever came out.

Ike is in no way, shape, or form exaggerated. He looks like a physically fit male with the lean body mass of someone who resistance trains. Given Ike's profession, there's really no reason why he shouldn't look like this.

And for the record, I'm 6'1" 225 lbs with 11% body fat. In all likelyhood, I'm bigger than Ike is. Does that make me an "exaggerated form of the male image"?

Last edited:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Ike is significantly larger as a Hero than he was as a Ranger in Path of Radiance. It's not that Ragnell is smaller, it's that Ike is bigger.

They really should have used this design for Brawl; Radiant Dawn was out well before Brawl ever came out.

Ike is in no way, shape, or form exaggerated. He looks like a physically fit male with the lean body mass of someone who resistance trains. Given Ike's profession, there's really no reason why he shouldn't look like this.

And for the record, I'm 6'1" 225 lbs with 11% body fat. In all likelyhood, I'm bigger than Ike is. Does that make me an "exaggerated form of the male image"?
How tall is Ike, anyway?

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I was just ranting yesterday about how I didn't want Chrom unless Ike was back. I guess I need to do some more ranting, then.

Just please tell me he can still Wall Jump

NO, IT CAN'T BE TRUE. I CAN FLY IF I WANTED TO...
Rant about Ridley please.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Calm yourself, SJW.

Ike has an exposed arm. Tharja is barely covered by a thong bikini. This is not apples to apples, here. A female character can be interesting and highly attractive without revealing her entire body. She was created to appeal to a sex drive. Granted, the vast majority of the females (and males) in Awakening were designed with sex appeal in mind, but Tharja just happens to be the least subtle.

Every other fighting game on the planet has jiggly boobs or bikini-clad floozies. Can Smash please be one that remains largely asexual? Sex is not the be-all-end-all of life. It's shoved down my throat quite enough in America as it is.

Personality-wise, Tharja is an evil sorceress who enjoys cursing and hexing the people around her. She's such a good Dark Mage stereotype, that she plays it to a fault. She is literally the dark arts temptress.

So, yes, excuse me if I'm not falling all over myself to cry out for her promotion. Normally, if somebody wants a character in Smash that I dislike, I just leave them alone. But I'm tired of the Tharja people, so for once I spoke up. This has nothing to do with you, really, you just decided to rep the character I hate the most for Smash.

Last edited:

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
Who are you and why aren't you the new model of T-800 Terminators? :yeahboi:

Granted that Ike's Hero design completely makes sense given the size of his sword and the fact that he can wield it with just one hand. He's what Cloud Strife should be instead of wielding a big sword with tiny arms with the only argument being is that he got super human strength or gifts.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I never understand this argument. I believe when people say with swords, they mean with sword specials. Not basic melee.
I was mocking the swordsman argument. Falcon and Gannon SHARE the same specials (and almost all of their animations in melee) and have played worlds differently in both their games in spite of being characters that are both fist fighters.
The argument that there are too many swords in brawl isn't an argument, its just a personal opinion. There is literally an infinite words of abilities and animations one could chose from for the swords. The only reason not to include any character at this point is only because they don't want to.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Looks like he is ready to fight for his friends once more!

You'll get no sympathy from him!!!

SurPr15e

Smash Journeyman
Those muscles look WWE worthy. Just imagine, John Cena vs Ike. Ike would totally win. Come to think of it. SmashMania 1 or however many occured. Ike with the streak 21-0 or Ike vs the streak of whichever character. Ike would break it.

Last edited:

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Those muscles look WWE worthy. Just imagine, John Cena vs Ike. Ike would totally win. Come to think of it. SmashMania 1 or however many occured. Ike with the streak 21-0 or Ike vs the streak of whichever character. Ike would break it.
IKEMANIA'S RUNNIN' WILD BROTHERS

Top Bottom