• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU and 3DS - Ike Joins the Fray

Accursed

Smash Journeyman
Do I like Ike? No, but am I happy he's back? Yes. He looks like a bamf. I guess he's been training with Chris Redfield and Knuckles.

ShaDoW4408

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadow4408
3DS FC
3668-9102-9707
THANK YOU GOD thought I was on the verge of changing my main to marth thank you Sakurai!!

xxEliteAlicexx

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xxEliteAlicexx
Well since no one has said this yet, well came close to saying it but Ike is so huge in this game. Lol for what?

Last edited:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Well since no one has said this yet, well came close to saying it but Ike is so sexy in this game. I just had to get that out. So now we have Zero Suit Samus with the thick body and Ike being beefy. #yas
I know. I recently read a article on Zero Suit Samus being sexist because there was no male equivalent. Well, Ike is now that male equivalent.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Why are people so attached to Roy? From an objective standpoint, I mean. Personal, fine. In terms of a game, character, representative of the series, he was terrible. Someone earlier asked, "why people do not like him, other than his poorly made game, lack of prevalence in the series, and status as a clone." That's more than three strikes in my book.

I know. I recently read a article on Zero Suit Samus being sexist because there was no male equivalent. Well, Ike is now that male equivalent.
What? Putting both sexes on a pedestal does not nullify the statement.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
Cool, when Chrom gets in we can have 3 blue haired, sword wielding lords from a game filled with axe / lance users, archers, rogues, assassins, knights, and so on.

Boring as ****.

At least he looks cooler.
exactly my thought....

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
People ought a be realistic. The only characters from FE who stand a chance are the main characters (Ike, Marth, Roy, Chrom, etc.). Don't understand why some say "we should have archers/lancers/etc."

Besides, you can't seriously say that having blue hair instantly makes them similar characters. We are talking about a gameplay perspective and both Ike and Marth are very different gameplay wise.

Overtaken

Smash Journeyman
Not exactly. ZSS is literally a character who is already in the game except now with a skin tight body suit showing off her playboy bunny physique, now with brokeback poses and animations!. One of Ikes biceps is visable. He is a stud and is probably swimming in a poontang ocean, no question, but that's because of his personality and accomolishments.

Cigar Store Indian

Smash Rookie
That. freaking. model.
One of my favourite character models so far. You can't even compare it to the brawl render... you just can't.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
I understand that. All the article was were critics complaining about how ZZS has high heels and that makes her more sexual. I don't necessarily agree or care, it just what the article said. However, I find it funny that people are making such a big deal over Ike's new outfit just because his biceps are exposed.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I agree on the front that more of Ike's body might as well be exposed.........

Overtaken

Smash Journeyman
I understand that. All the article was were critics complaining about how ZZS has high heels and that makes her more sexual. I don't necessarily agree or care, it just what the article said. However, I find it funny that people are making such a big deal over Ike's new outfit just because his biceps are exposed.
Are there people making a big deal of Ike's biceps being exposed?

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Are there people making a big deal of Ike's biceps being exposed?
Just a few passing comments. Most o f the comments are just about how awesome Ike looks but for the last few pages the posts have been getting more...like they are now.

BladeOFLucas

Smash Journeyman
AGAGAAGAAHHH!!!!!!!!!
happiness

Shout out to all those who said nothing till E3, I knew something was coming

xxEliteAlicexx

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xxEliteAlicexx
Well this was very unexpected, but a welcome addition. I was expecting Chrom (and still hope he'll be included), but there's no rule saying we can't get all 3!

Also here is a comparison of Ike's designs between SSBB and SSB4. Ohman he looks badass and manly as s***! :D
Ike just looks sooo yummy in this game. Like the last one was Snake in Brawl, but I'm a sucker for three things, two which Zero suit Samus has and the last one being Muscle. Ike WILL be my main just so I can look at him. Little Mac didn't even come close, well simply because I don't like short guys. -_- #trollin

Last edited:

xxEliteAlicexx

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xxEliteAlicexx
Cool, when Chrom gets in we can have 3 blue haired, sword wielding lords from a game filled with axe / lance users, archers, rogues, assassins, knights, and so on.

Boring as ****.

At least he looks cooler.
And no one complaints about three furries with some the the same moves, when I'm pretty sure all three bluehaired swords men would each be unique from eachother.

OptimistNic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OptimistNic
3DS FC
4682-8455-3463
I just want Chrom in there. It could still happen, after all he's currently the most relevant FE character and FE has never been more relevant than after the release of Awakening.
The ONLY thing going against him is the fact that he uses the same sword as Marth, but even then his moveset could be completely different due to his body type. He could move like Roy in that respect.

Last edited:

L2 Sentinel

Smash Apprentice
Ike's Brawl Design was based off of Path of Radiance. He was probably in his late teens then. This design is based off of his appearance in Radiant Dawn, where he is in his mid 20's at least. He's had enough time to mature and train to justify him bulking up a bit. He certainly looked more competent in Radiant Dawn. I approve of the decision to go with that design.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Ike's Brawl Design was based off of Path of Radiance. He was probably in his late teens then. This design is based off of his appearance in Radiant Dawn, where he is in his mid 20's at least. He's had enough time to mature and train to justify him bulking up a bit. He certainly looked more competent in Radiant Dawn. I approve of the decision to go with that design.
Ike is 20 years old in Radiant Dawn.

\\Killer//

Smash Journeyman
Did Sakurai bumped his head on his way to work that day?
What about Roy? Is the 13 years of waiting not long enough?
He even has a new look from a recent fire emblem game?
OPEN your eyes PEOPLE!!

Yodude57

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yodude57
3DS FC
3282-2513-0940
Hopefully this will make people realize that the 3ds is not limiting characters that much Sakurai even said that they were already up to as much characters a s was feasible for them. (And we all know how broken brawl was *cough meta knight cough*). Anyway on a more positive note hurray for Ike! I didn't use him much in brawl but now that I have more experience with smash bros I may start using him. I can't what for the final character reveals!

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Did Sakurai bumped his head on his way to work that day?
What about Roy? Is the 13 years of waiting not long enough?
He even has a new look from a recent fire emblem game?
OPEN your eyes PEOPLE!!
He does look cool. Those twin swords look like something from Attack on Titan. I still do think that Ike was the better choice and more feasible. He already had an original move set from Brawl, so he took less time to make. Clones are very rare, with most them being semi-clones, meaning that with take significantly more time to create Roy rather than to import Ike from Brawl.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
So damn glad to see him back looking powerful as all hell. Honestly, I wish this would've come sooner so all the people convinced that FE representation had some sort of pattern based on Roy would've shut up all that while ago, but better late than never.

And totally out of the blue too. Can't wait to hear more about him and possible changes in the coming days.

L2 Sentinel

Smash Apprentice
Ike is 20 years old in Radiant Dawn.
You're right. I didn't look it up. I should have checked my facts. The point I was trying to make was that Ike was still in adolescence in Path of Radiance (17 years old as it turns out), and hadn't finished growing into his adult body. Whereas a few years passed (3 apparently) before we see him again in Radiant Dawn.

Basically, Ike didn't get beefy over night like some of the previous comments are suggesting.

Last edited:

The21stSmasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7518-6470-1706
Alright! :chuckle:
With Ike joining the fry, I'm just praying to God that he'll be more stronger than he was in Brawl! He was kinda useless there to be honest.
I often use him in Project M, because he was a fast power-house there! Hopefully the speed in SSB4 will make a positive difference some how.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Alright! :chuckle:
With Ike joining the fry, I'm just praying to God that he'll be more stronger than he was in Brawl! He was kinda useless there to be honest.
I often use him in Project M, because he was a fast power-house there! Hopefully the speed in SSB4 will make a positive difference some how.
He does need to be balanced, a character can't be insanely strong, while being fast aswell

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
Thats a different matter... Fox falco and wolf at least dont look the same... Their moves are slightly different since brawl. Ike chrom and marth are too much the same looking imo. But they fight different

The21stSmasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7518-6470-1706
Thats a different matter... Fox falco and wolf at least dont look the same... Their moves are slightly different since brawl. Ike chrom and marth are too much the same looking imo. But they fight different
True! Falco better be next to be confirmed though.

Top Bottom