• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU and 3DS - Ike Joins the Fray

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
This just got awkward…

You're right. I didn't look it up. I should have checked my facts. The point I was trying to make was that Ike was still in adolescence in Path of Radiance (17 years old as it turns out), and hadn't finished growing into his adult body. Whereas a few years passed (3 apparently) before we see him again in Radiant Dawn.

Basically, Ike didn't get beefy over night like some of the previous comments are suggesting.
Thank you. Finally there's someone who understands.

Last edited:

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
i'm wondering by the way... does marth still have japanese voice in smash 4? Ike was speaking english and for that he gets my sympathy...

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink
Ive been waiting for Ike to return since announced the trailer! So glad he is back! We love Ike! Anyway in your face people who said Ike wont return! :4myfriends::4myfriends::4myfriends::4myfriends::4myfriends::4myfriends:

I cant get enough of this:4link: and this:4myfriends:!!!!!!!!

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
by the way, this picture makes me dislike those Animal Crossing character designs even more... how detail lacks in these models is really annoying me...

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
by the way, this picture makes me dislike those Animal Crossing character designs even more... how detail lacks in these models is really annoying me...
They look unfinished to me, thy'll probably get fixed before release

Alondite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Exaccus
Did Sakurai bumped his head on his way to work that day?
What about Roy? Is the 13 years of waiting not long enough?
He even has a new look from a recent fire emblem game?
OPEN your eyes PEOPLE!!
The only people who like Roy are the ones who played him in Melee. He was garbage in Fuuin no Tsurugi, had a painfully dull personality, and his game wasn't really that great.

Fig Newton

Smash Cadet
NNID
Figglypuff
I am very glad that Ike is returning for Smash 4! I love his model from Radiant Dawn and it really fits his demeanor and I can't wait to play as my favorite character from the FE roster! :3

2ndComing

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LazyAnmtoR
Um... the fact that he was given Chrom's costume as a primary costume, and that Sakurai directly referenced Ike will be taking this over because of such, means he is. I'm a guy who does not think Balloon Fighter, nor Ridley are confirmed. But Brittany and Chrom are.

I concede, if Ike appears in this new game similarly; I wasn't aware the super giant shoulder pad and revealed arm look was so popular in Radiant Dawn. I really should play some Fire Emblem.
Yet, from an objective standpoint, it still makes Chrom seem signifiantly less likely.
Obviously Sakurai went to great lengths just to make Marth and Ike look more differentiated. From what I understand, Fire Emblem is a vast game; it may deserve three reps, but the three blue haired swordsman argument really gets to me.

I also seem to gather Chrom really IS the flavor of the month, that Ike and Marth have both been the Fire Lord two times, a feat no other character has accomplished, and Chrom is just the new one.... even if they fight differently, do we really need three characters from one game series (of 200+ characters) that all serve the same function within the game itself?

Given the female boost this round, it seems Robin or Anna, or another bada** b**** may be more likely.
You do know that he has his outfit from Radient Dawn right? Chrom was first showcased in Awakening

You gotta be trolling

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
You do know that he has his outfit from Radient Dawn right? Chrom was first showcased in Awakening

You gotta be trolling
Discussed this already.
But it is a point of visual iconicism; if you do not see the similarities between this and Chrom, then I cannot help. It would be rather ridiculous for them to both be blue haired, shoulder protected, one sleeveless swordsman leads from a game with over 200 characters and so many other options.

Ike is important to the series. Chrom is arguably not even the most important person to the single game he was in.

2ndComing

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LazyAnmtoR
Discussed this already.
But it is a point of visual iconicism; if you do not see the similarities between this and Chrom, then I cannot help. It would be rather ridiculous for them to both be blue haired, shoulder protected, one sleeveless swordsman leads from a game with over 200 characters and so many other options.

Ike is important to the series. Chrom is arguably not even the most important person to the single game he was in.
That has nothing to do with it and also WHAT!?

Lol how are you gonna compare his outfit from a past game a recent game? That makes no sense at all because by that logic, Ike was deconfimed them both since both of Ike and Chroms constumes look like Marth's

JacobWP

Smash Rookie
Im dancin, im dancin, i dont have to switch my maaaaain now!!!
Ike <3 <3 <3

Top Bottom