• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU and 3DS - Ike Joins the Fray

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer

Smash Wii U & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai says "Pic of the day. Ike, the swordsman of magnificent strength, joins the battle!! Strike your foes down with his powerful smash attacks."

A second picture followed:

He also adds, "For this game, Ike's design is based on the hero that appears in Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. His sword deals heavy damage in Smash Bros., so this design suits him very well! Rest assured, he can use Aether as well."

Last edited:

2ndComing

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LazyAnmtoR
My Hype couldn't be contained..... He looks so cool too

Morian

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0860-4377-2975
I don't have to worry anymore *tears of joy*

Plus, his Hero design is so darn cool.

Last edited:

Morian

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0860-4377-2975
Edit: Eh, sorry for double posting.

Is just me or Ragnell is too short this time?

Last edited:

Mono.

Stopmotion Love.

LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
OMG, how many times have I been telling people this niqga would come back!!!?? Lucas, ROB, GnW, and whoever else people are doubting are coming back as well... Ive been saying this since the TL relase!!! Im so hype!!! Dont even... I mean, whoooooooooo!!! I feel so RIGHT!!

*Risen*

Smash Cadet
Oh come on. This might just kill the chances of an FE:Awakening rep unless Sakurai puts one more in. I'm only half happy about this.

D

Deleted member

Thank god. Ike deserved to return, so thank goodness this means no characters being cut for recency bullcrap.

And hey, maybe this mean they'll actually have to make Chrom stand out with his own move set.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trav11111

Smash Cadet
I'm just happy that we don't have to hear "There will be no more major updates until E3"

Although, now there probably won't be any major updates until E3.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Anybody remember if Ike played a crucial role in that leak everyone's been talking about for a while? The one about Chorus Men, etc?

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Wow they actually announced someone today? Ike never was someone I picked but he did have a pretty different move set from Marth. Still waiting for Wario and for jiggly puff to be de confirmed! = D

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
All this "recency" BS was always BS imo, since Olimar came back as Captain Olimar and not Alph Ive been strong on recency not being an issue when it comes to these characters.

Trav11111

Smash Cadet
Doesn't matter,his moveset could have been reworked just like the other clones in previous games but that will never see the light of day now,oh well
I was giving you a hard time. Roy could still come back. Maybe as an alternate costume, DLC or as a character. I wouldn't put any of that past sakurai at this point.

Last edited:

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Ahhhh... getting some cool news at the end of this lousy week of PoTDs feels nice. Glad to see Sakurai wasn't saving everything for the E3.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Whaaaaaaaaat? Who saw this coming? Didn't everyone (myself included) expect Chrom to replace him?

And they even used the ridiculously badass Radiant Dawn design this time! **** yeah!

Let's see how they plan on dealing with the shortcomings he had in Brawl. Could he be getting a little more agile to go along with the decent speed he had in Radiant Dawn? Will Quick Draw not send him into freefall any more? Will Eruption be changed to an aura-based attack to go along with Ragnell's actual ranged attack?

Hell, since we know there are alternate versions of moves, could there be an option to have him wield Urvan instead? What if that was the deciding factor for bringing him back?

And this might not even count Chrom out. With how massively popular Awakening is, we very well could get three Fire Emblem characters in. But would it be Marth/Ike/Chrom...or Marth/Ike/Robin?

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I am digging the look that Ike is sporting. I thought that he would be scrapped for some custom movesets for Marth, but I am pleasantly surprised.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Whaaaaaaaaat? Who saw this coming? Didn't everyone (myself included) expect Chrom to replace him?

And they even used the ridiculously badass Radiant Dawn design this time! **** yeah!

Let's see how they plan on dealing with the shortcomings he had in Brawl. Could he be getting a little more agile to go along with the decent speed he had in Radiant Dawn? Will Quick Draw not send him into freefall any more? Will Eruption be changed to an aura-based attack to go along with Ragnell's actual ranged attack?

Hell, since we know there are alternate versions of moves, could there be an option to have him wield Urvan instead? What if that was the deciding factor for bringing him back?

And this might not even count Chrom out. With how massively popular Awakening is, we very well could get three Fire Emblem characters in. But would it be Marth/Ike/Chrom...or Marth/Ike/Robin?
I ain't lyin' baby, I never thought Ike was cut at all.

Jupo

Smash Cadet
NOOOOOO! Sakurai why you do dis!?! We wanted Chrom :''/

2ndComing

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LazyAnmtoR
Well we have officially 30 characters DooDz. I think that is the most we are getting til E3

Also, don't you love that a Returning Character means that a Newcomer won't happen???... Just BECUASE IKE MADE IT BACK DOESN'T MEAN CHROM ISN'T IN OR DECONFIRMED. Since when has a newcomer been revealed in a PoTD?

Chill doods

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Nice, Sakurai's listening to the fans.

He finally gave Marth a male alternate costume.

Last edited:

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
IKE IS SO F****** MANLY AND RIPPED! What's that on the floor? I think my pants just dropped.Embarrass:bee:

Top Bottom