• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wars - Online Tournament POOLS ARE LIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
Hey, I'm just looking for an opinion. I play many characters, so who should I use? My top choices are Luigi, Sonic, Toon Link, DeDeDe, Ness, Lucas, Olimar, and maybe Diddy, and maybe Lucario, and maybe Meta Knight, and maybe Ice Climbers.
You aren't restricted to one character throughout the tournament, so you could play as all of the characters if you really wanted.

Lunchmeat

Smash Cadet
Is there any where we can see who has signed up for this tournament? I am just curious to see who has signed up in my area...

snadmonkey

Smash Journeyman
IMPORTANT QUESTION!!

What if they game is closed cause of lag. You all know what I mean, the game freezes and kicks all players. The obvious answer is restart the match, the problem is, what if a player whenever he falls behind, simple disconnects his internet for 10 seconds to close the match, the reconnects, you could easily get away with this 2-3 times per players before anyone caught on.

Handorin

Smash Hero
so 12 p.m. eastern/mountain = ? lousiana (central time i think) im not good with timezones
I think the way it is working is:

12pm eastern
11am central

12pm mountain
11am pacific

If it wasnt like that, mountain would play matches at 10am and pacific would play ay 9am.

I was wondering if that was correct or not. Verification?

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
In the event of lag, you will have to restart the match.

ANNOUNCEMENT:

Pools will be going up TOMORROW. There will be new forums opened up strictly for this contest. In each region, there will be a thread with everyone's name and pool number, and a thread for each pool.

Once you know your pool number:

Post your Brawl friend code in your pool's thread. This is how you confirm your registration.

If you have not confirmed your registration by noon saturday (E/M time), you will be disqualified!

You can start playing matches as soon as pools are posted. But, judges and referees will not be active until noon saturday.

You have until 9pm Saturday to complete all of your matches. Any unfinished matches will count as a loss. We do have contingencies in place for people who have dropped, but please make sure you finish as many matches as possible. Otherwise, you may end up with penalties.

So, who's excited?

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
I'm not expecting to make it past my first match, but it's a chance to play against some great competition.

Shorty82524

Smash Rookie
Man, I hope I can make this tournament :/ I'm in the hospital right now but I should be home by tomorrow (Saturday)...I can't get online with my Wii here at the hospital but I can at home. I'll register my friend code tomorrow either way but I'm uncertain if I'll be able to actually participate in any matches. I'll try my best! If I can't, then oh well. I'll sign up for another tourney sometime :)

Revenant01

Smash Rookie
Witch thread is going to contain the pool listings I've been looking all over the place and I can't find it.

Rev

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
They'll be opening up new boards for them later today. We just have to be patient for a bit.

Also, remember that not everyone will necessarily verse you until the referees and judges come on, which isn't for another day.

My main question is to see how many pools there are, and who's in mine. But I can wait that out to see.

Music_Swashbuckler

Smash Rookie
My only problem is that I have work tomorrow from 3:30pm - 11pm Eastern Time. Unless my opponent can come on in the morning, then I'm pretty much done for.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
Probably a dumb question, but who/how do we report the winner/loser of the matches to? I remember reading it before, but I can't find the info. now.
<--- FC

AIMs in muh user profile.

smash superstar

Smash Ace
I have all of sat free....but sun will suck...for some reason i work 1-5 so maybe ill be able to work around work so i can play...that is if i qualify =) lol

gnuf

Smash Apprentice
i probably cant participate anymore, my internet went crazy and shut off yesterday. wont be fixed till monday. Right now im struggling to stay on someone elses internet with barely a signal.

XP100

Smash Rookie
i probably cant participate anymore, my internet went crazy and shut off yesterday. wont be fixed till monday. Right now im struggling to stay on someone elses internet with barely a signal.
ouch.
i hope my internet doesn't bug out on me.

XP100

Smash Rookie
shoot my game bugged out. i might be able to get an exchange tonight, but if not, im out. hope it works!

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Hopefully pools go up ASAP. This is the last weekend before classes are over for me and I have a lot of final projects. Might be at school working on some tomorrow so I want to finish matches tonight =(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom