• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Smash@UWaterloo : A New Era ~

Sanu

Smash Champion
bring a copy of brawl

bring the nerve to ask to borrow a setup for brawl

either that or your own tv

Dan-Da-Man

Smash Journeyman
I can bring a wii and brawl setup now, but the TV that is normally attached to them is incredibly old and heavy... don't make me kill myself walking up university with it! :p

infomon

Smash Scientist
who's the guy I lent my tv/wii/brawl to? I should get it back lol then at least I could keep the wii/bawrl disc in my locker on campus. unfortch I don't have a way to lug a tv around, even to get it back to my place LoL

I might be up for some bawrl on thursday. gotta practice for the upcoming uwgamers trouney!!

Gichan

Smash Champion
wtf man waterloo plays brawl huh. do you guys plan on going to that Annex tournament on Nov 27th or The Preservation on Dec4th?

Infzy would be great if you came out again man tournaments are picking up once more.

infomon

Smash Scientist
jpak: lol my housemate wants to play the new kirby knitting game or w/e so I should prolly get the wii back lol

not sure what to do about the tv though because I don't feel like carrying it home. what day is your last exam? I'll probably get a car to drive home for the holidays, but my last exam is the night of the 22nd, so I'll be in town.... late :/

*shrug*

Gi: sorry man I'm too busy to brawl much even when it's on-campus where I am, let alone for travelling for it :/

Dan-Da-Man

Smash Journeyman
wtf man waterloo plays brawl huh. do you guys plan on going to that Annex tournament on Nov 27th or The Preservation on Dec4th?

Infzy would be great if you came out again man tournaments are picking up once more.
sorry man I'm too busy to brawl much even when it's on-campus where I am, let alone for travelling for it :/
^this.

Only reason I can attend offline tourney for uwg is because it lands just after lectures, and before final exam cram time. January->April 2011 I'm on a work-term though so I'll be attending some tourney, and possibly Pound 5.

Sanu

Smash Champion
Hopefully people are still coming today, I'll be there at least =P

Sanu

Smash Champion
orly? well i'm showering now, could head out afterwards i guess :o

Kada

Smash Journeyman
I got called into work, apparently one of my coworkers got sent to the emergency room. However, I'll be there a little bit after 9:00, and I'm determined to make it this time.

Sanu

Smash Champion
I got called into work, apparently one of my coworkers got sent to the emergency room. However, I'll be there a little bit after 9:00, and I'm determined to make it this time.
bull****ttttt

Dan-Da-Man

Smash Journeyman
I'm on campus atm anyway (and I got wii with me), working on cs350 in lab. I'll stop by around 5 and see if anyone wants some games, but it seems like some can't make it - ah well, I could use a break anyway :p

Dan-Da-Man

Smash Journeyman
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=290845

It's one week away so I just wanna remind any of you guys if you'd like to attend. We got no waterloo rep at this tourney so don't let your region down.
Three assignments to finish over the weekend means I definitely can't come, but hit me/us up about any more tourneys late December and (for me cause I'll be on a work term) January to April 2011.

Gichan

Smash Champion
There's also the Ontario Pwn Classic in Feb 20th 2011.

And if you play melee there should be a melee tournament in jan just gotta hurry and work on that.

EWC

Smash Ace
I didn't come last week because I injured my hand so playing was impossible. I'll go next week if my hand is alright. Same goes for the tourney next weekend.

Executor

Smash Apprentice
I didn't come last week because I injured my hand so playing was impossible. I'll go next week if my hand is alright. Same goes for the tourney next weekend.
just go anyways and place poorly like i did last tourny!

Executor

Smash Apprentice
I pretty much died stayed up all night then crashed at around 2-10pm and was like ...yea sleeps better :D

Hype

Smash Lord
I have volunteer commitments on thursday from either 4-5 or 4-6 i'm not sure. I'll drop by either way, but I wont be there for long if I'm busy till 6.

Kada

Smash Journeyman
So are people going to be there tomorrow? I work until 9:15 again, so I'll probably be able to make it out for about the time I did last week.

Gravy3000

Smash Rookie
Hey

hey guys i stumbled on this by accident, after watching some vids. I want in this tourny, im a first year at Laurier and i have a bunch of players over here as well. I was gonna host a tourny and put up flyers and **** next semester for this but i didnt know you guys had this going on. My number is 416 799 1193 im Gravy, if anyone can text me details and what not that would be very helpful

Dan-Da-Man

Smash Journeyman
hey guys i stumbled on this by accident, after watching some vids. I want in this tourny, im a first year at Laurier and i have a bunch of players over here as well. I was gonna host a tourny and put up flyers and **** next semester for this but i didnt know you guys had this going on. My number is 416 799 1193 im Gravy, if anyone can text me details and what not that would be very helpful
Link this to your mates.

infomon

Smash Scientist
oh wow, brawl starts at 7 (signup at 6:30). That's later than I thought, idk where I'd seen my previous nonsense info :o

(I'm just reading the uwgamers thread: http://uwgamers.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1453&start=30)

Also the ruleset: yaaaay stages!!! With 9 starter stages, we'll have to make sure that people know all the starters (ie. put up a sign or something)... I don't agree with DDM that the first stage should be random; that could be really bad for some characters, whereas part of the point of having so many starters is to enable character diversity (in some sense).

Maybe at the start of the tourney, the TO could give a quick demo of stage-striking so everyone understands.

Kada

Smash Journeyman
I don't know which game it is that you guys prefer to play, but we have a Melee tournament coming up this weekend. We also, as you can see, get together for Melee and Brawl every Thursday. You guy should come out sometime and meet the whole Waterloo scene. The more the merrier =)

Also, I'll be there late, Justin, if that makes you feel any better. xD

Sanu

Smash Champion
im coming justin

in fact, gold (syl) and i are already here, but there doesn't seem to be any free rooms atm... so we're just chilling in a room full of people, hoping they'll go away eventually

Top Bottom