• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Smash@UWaterloo : A New Era ~

Gravy3000

Smash Rookie
I was not able to make it as well. Are you guys still doing brawl? Can i still enter or is it too late?

infomon

Smash Scientist
Brawl at yesterday's weekly-thursday-shinnannigans did not happen, it was all melee, and lots of melee :D impressive the size of that scene, here.

brawlers: we need to bring tv's and setups :o
jpak: could I get my wii back at Tuesday's tourney?

When I come back from the holidays I might finally get my 2nd TV...... tho it's useless unless someone on-campus or close-to-campus can bring it out every now and then :O

Gravy3k: yeah Brawl *tournament* is still happening on Tuesday, here are the details:
http://uwgamers.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1453&start=30

Sanu

Smash Champion
Anyone interested in doing this December 9th? As it turns out, I finish my exam that day at 6:30 PM, so I'll be available for smash :) might as well take a break from studying

Anyone interested? I know Riddlebox was poking around :D

Kada

Smash Journeyman
As usual, I work on Thursday until about 9:45, but if you guys are around as long as you usually are, then I'll definitely come out.

EWC

Smash Ace
I might be down. I have an exam on friday that I might wanna study for a little bit, but I should still have some time.

Kada

Smash Journeyman
How'd the tourney go anyhow? And are the results going to be posted anywhere? I'm really disappointed that I had to leave early, I was doing really good. =P

Dan-Da-Man

Smash Journeyman
I'll be tossing up some matches from yesterday when I get home from finals (since apartment internet is pretty shoddy). Unfortunately most of the melee players were paranoid of playing at the station I was recording at since it was on a monitor, even though it wasn't hd and didn't lag at all ^^;.

I also like how basically everyone who didn't get top8 in brawl the last few terms didn't bother entering this year. :(

Anyway I'll let you guys know when those matches get up in a few weeks.

Executor

Smash Apprentice
if anyones going to be there ill check back before 5 to see whether or not im guna go.... ill go if there are people there of course

Kada

Smash Journeyman
Well, I'm here right now and I don't see anyone, and I have to leave in about 20 minutes for work, but I'll swing by again after work.

Also, sorry for texting you in the middle of your exam, Josh. =P I remembered you had one just after I sent it.

Gravy3000

Smash Rookie
I'm here where is it

Well, I'm here right now and I don't see anyone, and I have to leave in about 20 minutes for work, but I'll swing by again after work.

Also, sorry for texting you in the middle of your exam, Josh. =P I remembered you had one just after I sent it.
Where is it? Where is the room number?
Confusing

Kada

Smash Journeyman
So things died off pretty quick then? I showed up after work and didn't find anyone after looking around for about 20 minutes. =(

Byron 1337

Smash Journeyman
Waterloo, Ontario, IGLOO-LAND Oh, and play Melee
I dont think the issue is lack of organization, more so than a lack of interest/ free time. I know I would be coming out every week if I wasnt working one or two shifts a day :s That being said I can always smash through any night at my place if anyone is interested. Text meh

Acidile

Smash Journeyman
I know exams etc, but does anyone want to play later tonight (Sat) or tomorrow (Sunday)? I'm done an exam tonight and have a day off studying.

Executor

Smash Apprentice
if i just wear my earphones with econ lectures going on high volume.... i can play AND study :O

Gravy3000

Smash Rookie
And I think you aren't realizing what time of the year it is. Finals are more important than video games buddy!!
Dude I'm in uni as well and without a doubt finals are more important that's a given...but don't announce something and not follow thru it is indeed lack of organization by definition. Buddy

Gravy3000

Smash Rookie
Similarly it would have been easier to post that it was cancelled rather than ppl wasting their time looking for something that wasn't there

Sanu

Smash Champion
there was no announcement, i simply asked if people were interested. i never said it was running nor did i say i was coming

besides, no one else confirmed either :laugh:

Kada

Smash Journeyman
I would be as well, though once again I work until about 9:45-10:00-ish. So I can only show up if you guys go really late.

What does everybody else think, though? Anybody else interested in next Thursday? Or any other day could work as well, I'm not necessarily tied down to the Thursday idea.

Executor

Smash Apprentice
yeaaa id be down to have one more session before the break even if its durin exams

Dan-Da-Man

Smash Journeyman
Top Bottom