• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
But we need some SNK reps too, cant decide between Terry Bogard, Ryo Sakazaki, or Kyo Kusanagi. Anyone got throughts which of the three would be in smash?
I'd opt with Terry Bogard.

Anyways, I still think Ken is going to be in the game and do you guys think we will see leaked gameplay footage of him at some point?

D

Deleted member

TBH it's very rare any of these fan made rules and Smash theories ever end up 100% true. Some point towards the right direction and some end up having some neat ideas behind them, but they all suffer from people treating speculation and bias as fact. That's just my take on it, though. I wouldn't be surprised if Box Theory ended up 99% true, but didn't account for the box being a digital mock-up that can be edited literally any way you want and stuff another Echo on it.

Time will tell, I suppose. I just think it's good to let people think what they wanna think and not force your theories or opinions on to them and try to shut all conversation down. I mean, talking and speculating is why we're all here, right?

D

Deleted member

I read something about Sakurai commenting this morning, anyone know what that's about?
This:

Some are thinking it automatically confirms the box. It really doesn't, but it does help reinforce there probably isn't too much left besides Spirits.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
TBH it's very rare any of these fan made rules and Smash theories ever end up 100% true. Some point towards the right direction and some end up having some neat ideas behind them, but they all suffer from people treating speculation and bias as fact. That's just my take on it, though. I wouldn't be surprised if Box Theory ended up 99% true, but didn't account for the box being a digital mock-up that can be edited literally any way you want and stuff another Echo on it.

Time will tell, I suppose. I just think it's good to let people think what they wanna think and not force your theories or opinions on to them and try to shut all conversation down. I mean, talking and speculating is why we're all here, right?
The real problem with Box Theory though is that it basically is ANTI-hype. The most fun part of smash speculation is well... speculating. Whos gonna be in this time who do we want in how many characters are there gonna be. Box Theory comes in like the Turd in the Punch Bowl, says "No, **** you. Only Two more and they are this and that" and kills alot of the fun of the buildup to the games release... And people who subscribe to that idea do tend to act like much skeptical rick and morty watching big brains who are above such silly things like speculating whos gonna be in a Kid's game.

Course before the outrage at me for being a childish troll to Box Theorists, know that i feed off your hatred.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
In light of recent events, here are my new predictions:

38ᵋ Shadow
60ᵋ Ken
69 Incineroar
70 Steve (Not 100% on this one.)
71 Geno

I've toned them down significantly. Thoughts?

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Basically, character reveals are slowing down.

I'm expecting 3-4 more characters.
This:

Some are thinking it automatically confirms the box. It really doesn't, but it does help reinforce there probably isn't too much left besides Spirits.
Well, I was only expecting like 3-5 new characters including echoes anyway so this changes nothing :laugh:.

D

Deleted member

38ᵋ Shadow
60ᵋ Ken
69 Incineroar
70 Steve
71 Geno

All seem like pretty good bets depending on what happens. I do have some doubts about Geno, though. I'm personally thinking if the SE rep is base game, Sora, if it's DLC, probably Noctis.

Last edited by a moderator:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
All seem like pretty good bets depending on what happens. I do have some doubts about Geno, though. I'm personally thinking if the SE rep is base game, Sora, if it's DLC, probably Noctis.
I dunno. Geno has been waiting for a very long time and has had support for much longer, including from Sakurai himself. And given that he probably did exceptionally well on the ballot, as well as Ultimate's goal of catering to core fans, he seems very likely, and so I'm confident in his inclusion. Not gonna be too upset if he's not in though; I already have Isabelle!

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!

38ᵋ Shadow
60ᵋ Ken
69 Incineroar
70 Steve (Not 100% on this one.)
71 Geno

This is exactly my prediction roster as well, even down to not being 100% on Steve.
I hope our predictions are accurate.

Tart

Smash Cadet
The only real out of left field character that has truly surprised me so far was Richter, and if Geno/Sora get in he might end up being the only one.

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Sakurai news basically reinforces what I was already thinking. Box theory looks more legit as well.

Worst case scenario:
1. Ken/Celica/Medusa/Zack Fair
2. Any newcomer

Best case scenario
2. Any First-Party newcomer
3. Third party flagship
3. Third party flagship

Fill in the blanks with your choices.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Sakurai news basically reinforces what I was already thinking. Box theory looks more legit as well.

Worst case scenario:
2. Any newcomer

Best case scenario
3. Third party flagship
3. Third party flagship

They're both worst case Scenario because if we believe you, we will get Zack without "Price of Freedom" from Crisis Core, which is a Crimse as Big as not having the Chocobo theme and One-winged angel.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
My thoughts are still:

Ken - lock (nearly indisputable for multiple reasons now)
Incineroar - pretty much a lock (don't have a compelling reason to doubt Verg)
Geno - more likely than not (my most-likely expectation for Verg's SE rep given other circumstances, but definitely not as certain)

If I had to bet money on who we'd see before release, this'd be the list. I could see maybe 1-3 additional newcomers/Echoes tops total, if any, but I haven't found enough convincing arguments (let alone credible leak support) to feel confident about anyone in particular.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

Worst case scenario:
2. Any newcomer

Best case scenario
3. Third party flagship
3. Third party flagship

1. Incineroar/other Pokemon (death to the music theory)/other 1st-party
2. Ken (Ryu Echo)
3. Steve
4. Geno as free DLC

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
I'm editing my final predictions.

Uniques:

Incineroar
Geno

Echos:

Ken
Shadow
Dixie Kong
Basically, my exact predictions, although for me Dixie is more of a 'take your pick' Echo slot. 14 characters feels like a very good number of newcomers to end on, with 7 unique newcomers and 7 Echo newcomers, for a grand total of 70 unique fighters and 9 Echoes for a tasty 79 fighters. If Sakurai is that thirsty to hit 80, maybe one more unique, from among the extra pool DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon had in mind. Game would logically be absolutely done by late October, I could see a DLC announcement at the Game Awards.

Mewtader

Smash Cadet

Worst case scenario:
2. Any newcomer

Best case scenario
3. Third party flagship
3. Third party flagship

Sora
Third party flagship

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
Following Sakurai's statements, I only feel safe betting on Incineroar, Ken and Shadow. I don't expect anything past those three before release.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Worst case scenario:
2. Any newcomer

Best case scenario
3. Third party flagship
3. Third party flagship

Incineroar
Ken
Steve
Geno

These four are the ones I expect the most, with Steve being a little more iffy and Geno possibly being DLC.
Honorable mentions to Shadow and Dixie.

Last edited:

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Incineroar and Geno are gonna be the only two newcomers to round it out at an even 70 listed on the website. Ken and Shadow are the last two echoes. They all will be revealed on the November 2nd Smash Direct. October will obviously hold no reveals.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Incineroar and Geno are gonna be the only two newcomers to round it out at an even 70 listed on the website. Ken and Shadow are the last two echoes. They all will be revealed on the November 2nd Smash Direct. October will obviously hold no reveals.
I want this because it has two of my most wanted characters, but I don't want this because this thread will not survive a month with no reveals.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Not to be Meta but does anyone else feel when this isn't Box Theory Central this thread is basically General Discussion Jr. ? We need more fake leaks. Give me five minutes in photoshop then well be back on topic.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Found another interesting one that is likely fake, but surely entertaining and would be perfect to me if it were real:

Leak Video

This is the 5th leak Medusa has appeared in in these past 5 days, and I'm extremely thrilled to see people including her!

EDIT: had the wrong link first, the video I meant should appear now lol
I like how nobody is talking about the leak back in July.

So far, like over half the information has been confirmed
  • It said there would be a direct in August where Simon and the Ashley AT would be revealed (which happened)
  • It mentioned Isabelle days before Verge did. (bonus points for not saying Villager-echo like a lot of the leaks before)
  • It mentions Geno, who would go in line with Verge's claim of a Square character a month later
The only thing this leak has different from all the other credible ones is that it mentions Celica. Personally, I could see her as a Robin semi-clone rather than an echo.
hmmm
you know i just realized
Celica may happen
-even though her VA said on twitter she wasn't contacted yet for Ultimate, that wouldn't stop them from getting another one (see: Palutena)
-Echoes is just a remake of an existing Fire Emblem game, so that mean considering Celica already existed as complete since she can still be considered
-while the project planning doesn't favor new characters (with Pokemon being excepted) after August 2016 and anything in 2017, they're still able to get designs from future titles.
and she'd also be a perfect echo for Female Robin too. No weapon durability but instead you use your own Stamina for specials and possibly a new Up Special recovery. Alm can be her Final Smash in return.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
well techniquelly a chance skull kid could still be playable since still missing in action

And you know what since miis are excluding in smashdown if the are replaced by skull kid that’s 72 total usable and that’s divisible 2,3 and 4

Oh actually the real secret of the theory it’s just numbers divisible by 12 is what the theory is

Last edited:

Chrono.

I know people hate on him, but man Noctis would be fun.

If they gave him his fishing outfit as an alt that'd be hilarious too.

WertQuadNine

Smash Journeyman

yeah people throw Noctis around as a worse-case, but I actually think he'd be pretty fun. I think sora or geno would be better, but still, it wouldn't be too bad

D

Deleted member

Noctis' design is super cool looking IMO. I think he would make an excellent second FF rep, especially when one considers the moveset potential.

To comment further on Geno, I don't think it's impossible, I'd just be worried about him being a little too niche. K. Rool had the benefit of being the main baddie in DK for quite a while, not to mention the DK games are loved around the world and are easily recognized by a lot of people. Geno is a little more niche in the sense that only harcore Smash fans and SMRPG fans seem to know him nowadays. I'd be happy to wrong though, and I have nothing against him, so if he makes it in that would be awesome!

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
I want this because it has two of my most wanted characters, but I don't want this because this thread will not survive a month with no reveals.
Yeah no reveal in October sucks but all the "evidence" is lining up.

- We just had a Nintendo direct so don't really see a Smash or Nintendo direct in October.

- November 2nd is the day the bundle releases, Smash pro controller, and GCN controller/adaptor releases? Coincidence? I think not. I really do believe the last Smash Direct will be on this day to tie in with the releases and I think Nintendo will be like either A. "Smash Ultimate is available for pre-load on the eshop shortly after" or B. "Test Smash will be available to download after this presentation"

- Sakurai's comments about blowing the load a little too early and newcomer reveals will slow down

- Vergaban hasn't been wrong with any of the reveals so far (other than no DK reps)

- The "Box theory"

- 70 unique newcomers just makes too much sense.

If I'm wrong about all of this as well as my character predictions I will eat my cappy hat. November 2nd Smash Direct opens with Incineroar we get the usual Sakurai details, then he jumps into online modes, then he reveals Shadow and Ken as the last two echoes, then we get a big reveal of "Spirits" mode. Finally with Sakurai announcing a "Test Smash" then thanking everyone for supporting Smash series throughout the years then we get the "one more thing" and it's a reveal trailer of Geno. Shows the mural fully complete. Final shot of the Direct is a screen that says "Smash Ultimate available to pre-load on the eshop now!"

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Not to be Meta but does anyone else feel when this isn't Box Theory Central this thread is basically General Discussion Jr. ? We need more fake leaks. Give me five minutes in photoshop then well be back on topic.
I had a fake Steve leak on the old funny SSB4 pictures thread by Moon Monkey but the pictures in my posts on that thread are broken now :( (and I don't have the pic on my PC...)

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Noctis' design is super cool looking IMO. I think he would make an excellent second FF rep, especially when one considers the moveset potential.

To comment further on Geno, I don't think it's impossible, I'd just be worried about him being a little too niche. K. Rool had the benefit of being the main baddie in DK for quite a while, not to mention the DK games are loved around the world and are easily recognized by a lot of people. Geno is a little more niche in the sense that only harcore Smash fans and SMRPG fans seem to know him nowadays. I'd be happy to wrong though, and I have nothing against him, so if he makes it in that would be awesome!
At the end of the day, Geno IS still a Mario character. Obscure or not, that fact alone puts him MILES above other "obscure"choices.

Shroob

Sup?

- We just had a Nintendo direct so don't really see a Smash or Nintendo direct in October.

- November 2nd is the day the bundle releases, Smash pro controller, and GCN controller/adaptor releases? Coincidence? I think not. I really do believe the last Smash Direct will be on this day to tie in with the releases and I think Nintendo will be like either A. "Smash Ultimate is available for pre-load on the eshop shortly after" or B. "Test Smash will be available to download after this presentation"

- Sakurai's comments about blowing the load a little too early and newcomer reveals will slow down

- Vergaban hasn't been wrong with any of the reveals so far (other than no DK reps)

- The "Box theory"

If I'm wrong about all of this as well as my character predictions I will eat my cappy hat. November 2nd Smash Direct opens with Incineroar we get the usual Sakurai details, then he jumps into online modes, then he reveals Shadow and Ken as the last two echoes, then we get a big reveal of "Spirits" mode. Finally with Sakurai announcing a "Test Smash" then thanking everyone for supporting Smash series throughout the years then we get the "one more thing" and it's a reveal trailer of Geno. Shows the mural fully complete. Final shot of the Direct is a screen that says "Smash Ultimate available to pre-load on the eshop now!"
Lemme stop you right there, chief.

"Box theory" is 2 more characters, max.

So a 4-some reveals conflicts with box theory.

D

Deleted member

At the end of the day, Geno IS still a Mario character. Obscure or not, that fact alone puts him MILES above other "obscure"choices.
Very true, which is one of the reasons I don't count him out. I have doubts, sure, but I'm not saying he has no chance just yet. Sakurai's desire to put him in mixed with that Mii costume could be all he'd need to make the cut. I hope he does, as both his design and potential seem really unique and interesting.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

- The "Box theory"

Well techniquelly I’m predictions mewtwo esc reveal at the ending of the other smash direct

“*name* is on the way”

hazza5557

Smash Journeyman
This is a random question but it’s just easier to ask it here. Why do some Fire Emblem characters have male and female versions eg Robin and Corrin? I’ve never played any of the games so I have no idea why. Can someone briefly explain why please?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
This is a random question but it’s just easier to ask it here. Why do some Fire Emblem characters have male and female versions eg Robin and Corrin? I’ve never played any of the games so I have no idea why. Can someone briefly explain why please?
Robin and Corrin are avatar characters.

I've never played FE, either. Fem. Corrin is best SSB gal

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Never played the games either but from what I recall those games they appear in. They're one of those characters where you can choose a gender like Monster Hunter or the Pokemon games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom