• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

This is a random question but it’s just easier to ask it here. Why do some Fire Emblem characters have male and female versions eg Robin and Corrin? I’ve never played any of the games so I have no idea why. Can someone briefly explain why please?
Those two are the avatar characters for their respective games, so you're allowed to customize them. Smash offers the male and female versions for people who prefer one over the other.

VashTehStampede

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
8506-1485-4895
I believe he said that the character reveals are going to slow down or something like that.

It's crazy, I agree with your signatures predictions completely but I'd replace Elma with Lloyd Irving and probably add in Sora. But That's my dream list

WertQuadNine

Smash Journeyman
Incineroar and Geno are gonna be the only two newcomers to round it out at an even 70 listed on the website. Ken and Shadow are the last two echoes. They all will be revealed on the November 2nd Smash Direct. October will obviously hold no reveals.
if you're reasoning is that it'll "round out the website," then it those 4 characters would actually make the character list asymmetrical...

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
This is a random question but it’s just easier to ask it here. Why do some Fire Emblem characters have male and female versions eg Robin and Corrin? I’ve never played any of the games so I have no idea why. Can someone briefly explain why please?
That's because they were avatar characters... In their games, you can customize them and even choose their gender.
Hope this helps
Edit: and :ultgreninja:'d

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I made a mistake checking the other thread instead of this one.
very helpful thanks. So do you just choose between the male and female which you want to play as?
Yep. You can typically customize them in other ways too. Like hairstyle.

Last edited:

Rayman001

Smash Cadet
Yeah no reveal in October sucks but all the "evidence" is lining up.

- November 2nd is the day the bundle releases, Smash pro controller, and GCN controller/adaptor releases? Coincidence? I think not. I really do believe the last Smash Direct will be on this day to tie in with the releases and I think Nintendo will be like either A. "Smash Ultimate is available for pre-load on the eshop shortly after" or B. "Test Smash will be available to download after this presentation"
I said this before, but doesn't the November 2nd bundle mean there has to be info in October? There is certainly stuff they would want to advertise on it's box that hasn't been revealed yet, like Spirits mode. If someone gets it a day early, that would leak all the info about it.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I said this before, but doesn't the November 2nd bundle mean there has to be info in October? There is certainly stuff they would want to advertise on it's box that hasn't been revealed yet, like Spirits mode. If someone gets it a day early, that might leak all the info about it.
The bundle is literally just the Switch console with the game pre-loaded.

They 'could', but it's not like the REAL Box or the European box wtith the portraits/mural on them.

We just don't know.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Lemme stop you right there, chief.

"Box theory" is 2 more characters, max.

So a 4-some reveals conflicts with box theory.
You got to be kidding me

That box theory is not finalized art besides how many time do we have to point out the back of the box

And I think they can shrunken just a tiny bit for 2 more characaters

Shroob

Sup?
You got to be kidding me

That box theory is not finalized art besides how many time do we have to point out the back of the box

And I think they can shrunken just a tiny bit for 2 more characaters
I'm talking about the current theory.

I don't subscribe to any 'theory' myself, but the current box theory is 2 more, no more.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
if you're reasoning is that it'll "round out the website," then it those 4 characters would actually make the character list asymmetrical...
I'm not including echoes. I'm saying making the newcomer list an even 70 going by the websites numbering system not what they look like on the site. We'll get exactly 70 unique fighters.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Going by smash down theory

I think 5 more is right

I know what your saying that’s 73 but here’s why

The miis are excluded so that would exclude one box so 72

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I think we'll get all the rest of the reveals in October because they're gonna go all in on marketing for November and they want everyone for that this time.

Or it could be early November, but either way. I think we'll get everyone October, and November is marketing and demo month.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
It's crazy, I agree with your signatures predictions completely but I'd replace Elma with Lloyd Irving and probably add in Sora. But That's my dream list
Well, you know what they say, great minds think alike.
I said this before, but doesn't the November 2nd bundle mean there has to be info in October? There is certainly stuff they would want to advertise on it's box that hasn't been revealed yet, like Spirits mode. If someone gets it a day early, that would leak all the info about it.
That's really only if the box theory is true. If you ask me, after the basic debunking of the music theory, I don't really believe the box theory. I still don't expect much more characters. only like 4 or 5 (Echoes included), but not 2...
But i don't know, it's my opinion
I feel this is some bad timing lol.

They probably had it in the back burner for couple of days. A little too late lol

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I think the smash direct with the rest of the base will be october

Because they got to beat the leakers to prevent another ESRB leak situation

Bonus prediction I think the ending will be a mewtwo esc reveal (first dlc character)

*name* is on the way

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
The hope is that we get a Direct this coming month.

It just depends on when the "NEW" disappears on the website.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
The hope is that we get a Direct this coming month.

It just depends on when the "NEW" disappears on the website.
If we get a Direct in October, I'm predicting either the 2nd or 3rd week.
It lines up with the previous Direct dates...

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Going by smash down theory

I think 5 more is right

I know what your saying that’s 73 but here’s why

The miis are excluded so that would exclude one box so 72
wouldnt it be 3 more to hit 72?

ken/incineroar/square rep... basically been my guess since box theory came out cause verge had one more (square rep) and even though he said box theory could be true and the square rep could be DLC I always thought since 3more would cause smashdown to exhaust all characters with the full base roster that way, it made more sense the square rep is a surprise final addition that simply wont be on the box.

my guess for the square rep remains geno if that wasnt obvious.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
If we get a Direct in October, I'm predicting either the 2nd or 3rd week.
It lines up with the previous Direct dates...
Yeah, directs are typically on the first three weeks of the month. If we're getting an October reveal (likely imo), it's pretty imminent.

Shroob

Sup?
For reference in regards to the NEW on the website:

The NEW from 8.8's Direct lasted from August 8th to August 23, a Direct was then announced on September 5th to go live on the 6th, but the delay happened.

Isabelle's NEW appeared on the 13th, and is still there. Theoretically, it 'should' go away this week if the NEW lasts for 2 weeks, but we can't say for certain.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I don't know if or when we'll get a demo, but if we do let's hope the eShop servers don't collapse in on themselves, creating a black hole that dooms us all.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I feel this is some bad timing lol.

Regardless of the timing, I'm curious why they would make a 30+ minute video on something tantamount to a back-of-the-envelop calculation most of us did back in August. I get the analysis is more in depth, but to me it's like rather than quickly estimating a Fermi problem, it is instead using a super computer to analyze how many actual piano tuners there are in Chicago. Not complaining, as I did think the blog was useful to check expectations, at least until this news came out. It does seem pretty bizarre to me, nonetheless.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
I don't know if or when we'll get a demo, but if we do let's hope the eShop servers don't collapse in on themselves, creating a black hole that dooms us all.
Hey, at least lets hope that nintendo learns their lesson from that time they released pokemon bank on eshop and eshop servers were collapsing within few minutes after the announcement.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just hope they aren't distributed through My Nintendo codes this time around

Untouch

Smash Master
Bill Trinen heavily implied we're getting a demo.
Yes saying "we have something we want to talk about in the future" may be PR speak, but what is he going to do, announce that there's no demo?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Just hope they aren't distributed through My Nintendo codes this time around
I remember people posting codes on here and me always being too slow so I had to wait. There were even posts with people posting multiple fake ones in the same post along with a single correct one between them all.

It also disappointed me because I read that the one sent through codes had Pac-Man :(

Chrono.

Bill Trinen heavily implied we're getting a demo.
Yes saying "we have something we want to talk about in the future" may be PR speak, but what is he going to do, announce that there's no demo?
"Demo? I hardly know her!"

images (3).jpg

pap64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pappel64
Switch FC
2966 0225 9209
Which leds me to believe 2 things: either they are VERY tight lips about leaks and content or there´s a chance for a delay and they are working nonstop till they really manage to get to that release date. I´m crossing fingers is just nintendo being tight af.
If Melee taught us anything is that if Nintendo proposes a date, they WILL do whatever they must do to get it out on time. But I doubt that is the case; it is believed that Ultimate has been in the plans since 2015, when the last DLC was announced and released. I think Ultimate was in development alongside the Switch itself, because they knew that with the Wii U essentially being dead on the water by the time the Switch was formally announced, they knew they had to work on a Smash game ASAP before Smash 4 would become obsolete. I feel that their advantage was that the Smash 4 engine was finished and not only was it polished but allowed for changes, updates, nerfs, buffs and code exchanges, it could easily be re-used for a brand new game.

Smash 4 had to be built from the ground up. They didn't just re-use the Brawl engine and called it a day; they created a brand new engine (which I swear Namco Bandai helped in creating since they know fighting games and they know how to create engines that allow for updates and character modifications). Ultimate I feel just took the Smash 4 engine and modified it in a way that is the absolute best version it can be. It explains why so many content from previous games made it back; the assets for them were already finished and all they needed as an HD remake and balance tweaks.

So I doubt Ultimate could see a massive delay. If they miss anything that's why patches exist. While Nintendo wouldn't allow an unfinished game to be released with the excuse of a day one patch, if the game has issues from day one, they can patch it easily because, again, the engine they are using allows for changes and updates very easily.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Hey, at least lets hope that nintendo learns their lesson from that time they released pokemon bank on eshop and eshop servers were collapsing within few minutes after the announcement.
Yeah, I remember trying to do the first Splatoon Global testfire, and it kept crashing due to heavy traffic.

Untouch

Smash Master
A TestSmash would be a good way to test their servers (and by that I mean eShop's servers not the game servers).

D

Deleted member

I think we'll get all the rest of the reveals in October because they're gonna go all in on marketing for November and they want everyone for that this time.

Or it could be early November, but either way. I think we'll get everyone October, and November is marketing and demo month.
My thoughts exactly. Getting Smash's reveals out of the way in October makes the most sense to me when considering that November is also Pokemon. If they do the final info dump and potential demo announcement in October, that leaves all eyes on Pokemon in early November, while the later half of the month can be used to market Ultimate. Spoilers from data mining wouldn't be an issue as the contents of the game will have been revealed way before then. Another thing to consider as well is that Nov. 2nd console bundle is coming with a download code. I kinda doubt they're gonna include a code that wouldn't work for an entire month, so my guess is that's around when preload will go live.

The only hiccup to this idea is Sakurai's comments this morning, but if anything I'm probably overanalyzing. I really do think around Halloween we'll know everything there is to know, except for whether or not DLC will be a thing. I could see them waiting a bit before confirming that.

Untouch

Smash Master
In order to avoid a demo happening the day LGPE releases, I could see the demo being a week earlier than usual. A direct on the 1st of November announcing a demo on the 9th makes sense to me.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Lowkey though, this month is going to ****ing suck if we don't get a Direct.

Next week is the final 60 day countdown, and we'll still be getting blogs from 8.8's Direct.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
wouldnt it be 3 more to hit 72?

ken/incineroar/square rep... basically been my guess since box theory came out cause verge had one more (square rep) and even though he said box theory could be true and the square rep could be DLC I always thought since 3more would cause smashdown to exhaust all characters with the full base roster that way, it made more sense the square rep is a surprise final addition that simply wont be on the box.

my guess for the square rep remains geno if that wasnt obvious.
If you look at the smash down screen Pokémon trainer is 1 and not separated itno squirtle,ivysaur and charizard so minus 2 from that.

Then the miis is another 3 so 63 minus 5 is 58 then add the 9 newcomers that’s 67

And what happens when you add 5 that’s 72

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
If you look at the smash down screen Pokémon trainer is 1 character on it so minus 2

Then the miis is another 3 so 63 minus 5 is 58 then add the 9 newcomers that’s 67

And what happens when you add 5 that’s 72
Except the website already accounts for this.

It says we have 72 characters, Pokemon Trainer couters as one.

Remove the 3 Miis and you have 69.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom