• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
so I found my old, fake Steve leak on my dropbox which I recently just tried logging into.
Steve Leak (it's fake).png

yeah I know this is a thread for real leaks, but I thought I'd post it for laughs.

I think I just edited over Palutena's page.

D

Deleted member

Geno's owned by Square Enix and third party characters wouldn't happen for another 6 years. Again, if you really want to dig your feet into this argument, Ice Climbers were chosen before Sonic, Megaman, Wario, Dedede, Metaknight, Diddy, etc. Plus, Sakurai is on the record for acknowledging that 1. Geno's had a notable fanbase for a long time and 2. that he put serious consideration for him as far back as Brawl: https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016...ans-one-most-requested-smash-bros-characters/
Oh no no, no digging. Was just curious how someone with lower votes made it in several console generations before Geno. I forgot he was 3rd party though and the hoops involved in jumping through.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Re: Geno Talk

The same way I can say that Sora had a strong presence in Smash since brawl that IGN themselves for their Brawl poll had to put him in "honorable mention".
I think there no debate here. Geno have a cult following in the smash community. Even if that poll show that only 5 persons voted. It grew and is now big.
That's not the issue.

However, the problem with Geno, In my humble opinion of guy who just want anything Square-Enix, meaning I'll be happy with any outcomes.

Is that, if he's not in the base game, I don't think he will be the Square-Enix rep. Why? Because while Cloud/Ryu/Roy/Mewtwo/Bayonetta had their target fanbase and had fans OUTSIDE of the smash community, like well, FF/SF/ Bayonetta/ Pokemon/Fire emblem fans.

What would be the target that could work for both hardcore Smash and casual?

Geno would fit the Hardcore Smash community, which while it is a lot of people is probably nothing in the whole consumer base of Smash Bros.

If you want to sell third parties stuff in DLC. It must be stuff that will sell to as many people as possible, casual and hardcore.

Which explains why we got Roy/Lucas/Mewtwo who were familiar face for Hardcore and Casual.
And Ryu/Cloud two Mastodons who can sells systems and games just because they're in.

But where do fall Geno?

That's my problem, as far as DLC goes, Sakurai being Maestro or not. Wanting Geno or not. I can feel that if the opportunity to talk to Square, and get only a DLC Characters happens.
He won't go for Geno. He will go for something Iconics, and like I said tons of time before, Another MIRACULOUS deal. Whenever it's Another FF rep or a DQ Character. Heck he could pull strings since he's buddy with Nomura to get Sora too.

That's why I'm so adamant that if Geno Isn't in the base game. That seems to be mostly targeted "for the fan".... He won't be here at all and is not our Square-Enix Rep if it's DLC.

That's my gripe with Geno fans, and previously K.Rool Fans and Ridley fans back during the Smash Ballot and Smash DLC seasons.
The main game can be targeted for fans if it have that in mind and father to Niche. No matter how big the following is in OUR community, we need to look further, OUTSIDE of it.
DLC will probably be Characters that couldn't be here otherwise and are MASSIVE money bringer like Cloud at the time, Ryu and Bayonetta or the outcry bringing Mewtwo/Roy/Lucas back.

So my takes on Geno is simple. Geno is either in Base-game, or he's not in.

Last edited:

ubiblu

Smash Rookie
In order to avoid a demo happening the day LGPE releases, I could see the demo being a week earlier than usual. A direct on the 1st of November announcing a demo on the 9th makes sense to me.
I'm just spit balling here, but I can't see a Test Smash occurring before the rest of the newcomers are revealed. Nintendo are acutely aware of the power of dataminers. If we are to get a Test Smash, it will likely be mid to late November to ensure nothing is stripped from the code (which realistically cannot be cleansed to the point of not revealing anything). I guess that bodes well for one final Smash info blowout with the Test Smash announced at the end right?

Last edited:

lordofwood98

Smash Apprentice
so i have an idea... everybody probably remembers the "leak" about how the purple and yellow chairs was Sakurai telling us waluigi was in the game. Well i think the purple chair did mean Waluigi but i also thought that the yellow chair meant wario. And then another thing popped in my head. in a few of the previous directs Mario and Luigi died well i think that the yellow chair meaning Wario not only comfirms a new character (Beacause without a new character there will be no trailer where Wario dies) and one more character..waluigi. Now i know what everybody will say: "well him being an assist trophy de confirms him as a character" well thats the thing it is VERY like waluigi to spawn himself as an assist trophy. not really sure how to end this so #waluigi?

cothero

Smash Lord
Re: Geno Talk

The same way I can say that Sora had a strong presence in Smash since brawl that IGN themselves for their Brawl pour had to put him in "honorable mention".
I think there no debate here. Geno have a cult following in the smash community. Even if that poll show that only 5 persons voted. It grew and is now big.
That's not the issue.

However, the problem with Geno, In my humble opinion of guy who just want anything Square-Enix, meaning I'll be happy with any outcomes.

Is that, if he's not in the base game, I don't think he will be the Square-Enix rep. Why? Because while Cloud/Ryu/Roy/Mewtwo/Bayonetta had their target fanbase and had fans OUTSIDE of the smash community, like well, FF/SF/ Bayonetta/ Pokemon/Fire emblem fans.

What would be the target that could work for both hardcore Smash and casual?

Geno would fit the Hardcore Smash community, which while it is a lot of people is probably nothing in the whole consumer base of Smash Bros.

If you want to sell third parties stuff in DLC. It must be stuff that will sell to as many people as possible, casual and hardcore.

Which explains why we got Roy/Lucas/Mewtwo who were familiar face for Hardcore and Casual.
And Ryu/Cloud two Mastodons who can sells systems and games just because they're in.

But where do fall Geno?

That's my problem, as far as DLC goes, Sakurai being Maestro or not. Wanting Geno or not. I can feel that if the opportunity to talk to Square, and get only a DLC Characters happens.
He won't go for Geno. He will go for something Iconics, and like I said tons of time before, Another MIRACULOUS deal. Whenever it's Another FF rep or a DQ Character. Heck he could pull strings since he's buddy with Nomura to get Sora too.

That's why I'm so adamant that if Geno Isn't in the base game. That seems to be mostly targeted "for the fan".... He won't be here at all and is not our Square-Enix Rep if it's DLC.

That's my gripe with Geno fans, and previously K.Rool Fans and Ridley fans back during the Smash Ballot and Smash DLC seasons.
The main game can be targeted for fans if it have that in mind and father to Niche. No matter how big the following is in OUR community, we need to look further, OUTSIDE of it.
DLC will probably be Characters that couldn't be here otherwise and are MASDIVE money seer like Cloud at the time, Ryu and Bayonetta or the outcry bringing Mewtwo/Roy/Lucas back.

So my takes on Geno is simple. Geno is either in Base-game, or he's not in.
I think Sora is more profitable in terms of merchandising than Geno, wich is an obscure one-time appearance character from the Mario series. However, Sakurai indeed might have included Geno in the game if he's really listening to the fanbase. Geno, in my opinion, will be the magnum opus from the ballot, a love letter from Sakurai to the fans.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
so i have an idea... everybody probably remembers the "leak" about how the purple and yellow chairs was Sakurai telling us waluigi was in the game. Well i think the purple chair did mean Waluigi but i also thought that the yellow chair meant wario. And then another thing popped in my head. in a few of the previous directs Mario and Luigi died well i think that the yellow chair meaning Wario not only comfirms a new character (Beacause without a new character there will be no trailer where Wario dies) and one more character..waluigi. Now i know what everybody will say: "well him being an assist trophy de confirms him as a character" well thats the thing it is VERY like waluigi to spawn himself as an assist trophy. not really sure how to end this so #waluigi?
Dude, two chairs in that direct literally means nothing. Everyone and their dogs have been speculating on that two chairs, some people thought it would mean Skull kid as next newcomer (Instead, we got Isabelle.,)

OH and what happened to loz dude tho? Last time I heard about him, he was hyping up some "skull kid" reveal in sept 16 direct.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Zeku.png

No. Just stop.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I think Sora is more profitable in terms of merchandising than Geno, wich is an obscure one-time appearance character from the Mario series. However, Sakurai indeed might have included Geno in the game if he's really listening to the fanbase. Geno, in my opinion, will be the magnum opus from the ballot, a love letter from Sakurai to the fans.
That's what I believe if he manage to put Geno in the base game. It Will be his love letter.

But if our Square-Enix Rep is DLC and isn't Geno, I'm willing to bet that it was Square Enix was like "Gewho? That's not how you spell Lightning Sir."

lordofwood98

Smash Apprentice
Dude, two chairs in that direct literally means nothing. Everyone and their dogs have been speculating on that two chairs, some people thought it would mean Skull kid as next newcomer (Instead, we got Isabelle.,)

OH and what happened to loz dude tho? Last time I heard about him, he was hyping up some "skull kid" reveal in sept 16 direct.
well i mean it was speculation. and it was not just about the chairs it was about the deaths of Mario and Luigi in trailers. plus i knew the chairs leak was stupid why do you think i put quotation marks around it?

Bowsette ;3
heck yeah my dude.

okay

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
well i mean it was speculation. and it was not just about the chairs it was about the deaths of Mario and Luigi in trailers. plus i knew the chairs leak was stupid why do you think i put quotation marks around it?
There are no patterns.

All these "theories" are proving is that they're annoying.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
According to what I've read, the people who made the theory reached out to Gamexplain themselves.

Looking at the subreddit post which is talking about the theory, the Discord that made this theory is more or less white knighting it to hell and back, meaning that no one really can talk it down without the downvote brigade happening.
I have a feeling same of the people from that Discord are on this site. Say anything bad about it and you'll be hounded.

Called a dirty box theory supporter

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
But K. Rool was the magnum opus from the Ballot. BKupa666 BKupa666 can tell you about his source inside Nintendo, who said that K. Rool was included solely because he was so popular in the Ballot, which is confirmed by Sakurai's article about him after his reveal.

Also, the argument of Sakurai "appealing to the Smash fanbase" is kinda whack because Isabelle doesn't do that at all, nor did Inklings (they were expected, and people made themselves like them), Daisy, or Richter. Those characters appeal to other fanbases, which I could definitely see our other third party newcomers doing. Sora not only appeals to the Smash crowd, but also the KH and Disney crowd. Similarly, Steve appeals to the Minecraft crowd, which is huge. Simon was not popular in the Smash fandom before Verge leaked him, but appealed to the core Nintendo fanbase in general alongside Castlevania fans.

Geno appeals only to Smash fans and people who've played SMRPG...most of which are also Smash fans. That's why I don't see him as likelier than any other SE rep, especially Sora, Erdrick, or even Lara Croft.
I have a feeling same of the people from that Discord are on this site. Say anything bad about it and you'll be hounded.

Called a dirty box theory supporter
Man, it's almost like this has already happened and I was treated badly because I supported box theory.

But who would do something like that?
1530667157561.png

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
With note on that

Here’s the biggest key about geno

There’s something in common about every single new character so far

All of them are all heavy requests by the fans especially Ridley and King K. Rool

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
With note on that

All of them are all heavy requests by the fans especially Ridley and King K. Rool
Also, the argument of Sakurai "appealing to the Smash fanbase" is kinda whack because Isabelle doesn't do that at all, nor did Inklings (they were expected, and people made themselves like them), Daisy, or Richter. Those characters appeal to other fanbases, which I could definitely see our other third party newcomers doing. Simon was not popular in the Smash fandom before Verge leaked him, but appealed to the core Nintendo fanbase in general alongside Castlevania fans. Sora not only appeals to the Smash crowd, but also the KH and Disney crowd. Similarly, Steve appeals to the Minecraft crowd, which is huge.

Geno appeals only to Smash fans and people who've played SMRPG...most of which are also Smash fans. That's why I don't see him as likelier than any other SE rep, especially Sora, Erdrick, or even Lara Croft.

Last edited:

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
That's what I believe if he manage to put Geno in the base game. It Will be his love letter.

But if our Square-Enix Rep is DLC and isn't Geno, I'm willing to bet that it was Square Enix was like "Gewho? That's not how you spell Lightning Sir."
That would be cause to nuke Square Enix HQ at that point, we do NOT acknowledge that games existence! (hence why FF versus 13 was rebranded to 15)

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
With note on that

The problem being that I'm betting my right hand that Geno/Sora/ and a Dragon Quest Characters (which votes would probably count at "one" in the ballot, kinda how Sakurai saw the "demand" for final fantasy even if it was divided into multiple Characters). All did well in the Ballot.

Geno had the massive support of the Smash community
Sora had the absolutely retardly big support of the KH community
And DQ probably had Japan all behind it and heck, it's so big they probably don't even need vote to be included.

That's why the Square-Enix Character is so ****ing hard to pinpoint. There all of those famous choice and all are worthy to get in smash by their own Merits.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
anybody think there will be a character that you can only use if you get switch online or..two characters...maybe three...possibly the whole roster?
If they follow the mewtwo scenario, then I think we get DLC announced and released first to Switch online members. That would really get people to give into buying online.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
anybody think there will be a character that you can only use if you get switch online or..two characters...maybe three...possibly the whole roster?
jungkook-math-meme.jpg
Are you a bot or something? That makes no sense, nor would it ever happen.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Just got home.

Interesting quote from Sakurai on not expecting too many newcomers.

3 unique newcomers sounds expectable to me. Incineroar, Steve, the SE rep...(s?).
Echoes is another territory entirely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom