• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I wonder if we could get echos not revealed before release. Sakurai said we will know the whole roster before release, but I wonder if he would just try to get one or two more echos in before release.

Probably not giving his statement, but you never know. Maybe they'll just go right to DLC in order to get a head start before the game releases.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Inklings (they were expected, and people made themselves like them)
Speak for yourself, i've been down with the squid kids since 2015. Even after all the newcomers we've gotten so far I still haven't seen anyone who's changed my mind about maining Inkling.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I wonder if we could get echos not revealed before release. Sakurai said we will know the whole roster before release, but I wonder if he would just try to get one or two more echos in before release.

Probably not giving his statement, but you never know. Maybe they'll just go right to DLC in order to get a head start before the game releases.

That's why I still somehow feels that we will get all DLC's identity in advance Like... In the August Smash Direct, instead of saying "We will reveal all fighters before the game Release" he said "We will reveal the designs of all fighters before the game
release"

That's such an odd way to say it... Makes me think that we will get Day One DLC

Potato_

Smash Lord
Alright, so with everything that happened and the leaks lately here's what I'm gonna predict. Well it's a combination of some of my hopes and predictions, assuming things go better than the typical expectations, but you get the idea:

NEWCOMERS:
- Incineroar: Obligatory at this point. Literally the only thing pointing against him is Music Theory, and considering I don't put much stake into ANY of these theories I'm going with the leaks and saying he's in.

- Skull Kid: I honestly think if LoZ AND ESPECIALLY THE ****ING CHAIRS never happened we'd be looking at this guy in a COMPLETELY different way. AT hasn't been spotted, new AT from his own game, more and more of his AT functions are being implemented into items (Rambling Shroom) AND he has a mii costume. There's also the fact that Zelda has gone without a unique newcomer since Melee, and without a newcomer completely since Brawl (Depends if you count YL), which is strange for one of Nintendo's biggest franchises. Boss? I highly doubt it, if anything it'd be Majora due to better fitting the "boss" definition in Smash. He's either playable or just cut from the game ala Isaac in 4.
I'll admit this one is a bit biased.

- Isaac: I'm going out on a limb here and saying he's going to be in. Around the time of the blog the top 3 online seemed to be K.Rool, Isaac and Geno, and I honestly believe if Sakurai was willing to put in K.Rool he'd have no problem with the other two. Pair this with his trademark being renewed recently and the news about the DS game's site and it looks like Nintendo might be pulling another series revival through Isaac in Smash.

- Geno: He's the Square rep 100%. It'd be the ultimate (heh) way of showing that this Smash was for the fans, making one of the most impossible/unlikely fan requests happen. I have a feeling Square was willing to play ball if Sakurai left open the possibility of a Square DLC character down the line (Sora fans this is where you get hyped.)

ECHOES:
- Ken: Dude was leaked. Do I really need to say anything else?

- Shadow: Missing AT, Knuckles was added as an AT, super simple echo to do, and would hype people up considerably. I think he'll be in base.

That's it in my opinion, leaving us with 4 newcomers and 2 echoes left for a total of 6 characters remaining.

Honorable Mentions:

- RH Rep (Karate Joe, Chorus Kids): I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai just decided on not having a Rhythm Heaven rep in Smash 4 instead of the reasoning that he couldn't make a moveset. HOWEVER, with the large amount of online presence RH has been receiving as of late I could see a character getting in as DLC. Whether it's Joe or the Kids idk, but I'd rather have the Kids.

- Banjo & Kazooie: I was REALLY confident on these two for a while, but I'm starting to suspect it'll be DLC for them. Feel like we would've heard SOMETHING from leakers, simply due to the fact that there would be two different offices for leaks to come from.

Last edited:

Xgears

Smash Apprentice
I don't buy into theories, Sakurai puts whatever he wants and does it however he wants. The only thing I look for are rumors from credible people or leaks with actual proof, other than that I'm not buying it, I don't like having false expectations.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Not sure if there was a big request group for Isabelle but I will proudly say I was a part of it whether it was big or small. One of the biggest Isabelle stans on General Discussion before the Direct revealed her. :)

Xgears

Smash Apprentice
I'm one of the few people who don't like to make predictions since again, makes up false expectations.

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
what about smash bros. battle royale for xbox

Not sure if there was a big request group for Isabelle but I will proudly say I was a part of it whether it was big or small. One of the biggest Isabelle stans on General Discussion before the Direct revealed her. :)
Isabelle seems like a no brainer though. Did people really not see her coming?

Last edited:

Xgears

Smash Apprentice
From what I know there was genuine support for her and there was no reason to not add her in.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
There’s something in common about every single new character so far

All of them are all heavy requests by the fans especially Ridley and King K. Rool
Uh no.

We had K. Rool and Ridley, yes.

We have Isabelle and Inkling, being characters that were highly expected and we conditioned ourselves to like them as support for them during the ballot was minimal. Granted they still have their fanbases but they were hardly heavy requests.

We have Simon, Daisy, Chrom and Dark Samus, who had a decent following but were nowhere near heavy requests. (plz don't hate me Opo)

And then there's Richter who most people on this site didn't even know.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Alright, so with everything that happened and the leaks lately here's what I'm gonna predict. Well it's a combination of some of my hopes and predictions but you get the idea:

NEWCOMERS:
- Incineroar: Obligatory at this point. Literally the only thing pointing against him is Music Theory, and considering I don't put much stake into ANY of these theories I'm going with the leaks and saying he's in.

- Skull Kid: I honestly think if LoZ AND ESPECIALLY THE ****ING CHAIRS never happened we'd be looking at this guy in a COMPLETELY different way. AT hasn't been spotted, new AT from his own game, more and more of his AT functions are being implemented into items (Rambling Shroom) AND he has a mii costume. There's also the fact that Zelda has gone without a unique newcomer since Melee, and without a newcomer completely since Brawl (Depends if you count YL), which is strange for one of Nintendo's biggest franchises. Boss? I highly doubt it, if anything it'd be Majora due to better fitting the "boss" definition in Smash. He's either playable or just cut from the game ala Isaac in 4.
I'll admit this one is a bit biased.

- Isaac: I'm going out on a limb here and saying he's going to be in. Around the time of the blog the top 3 online seemed to be K.Rool, Isaac and Geno, and I honestly believe if Sakurai was willing to put in K.Rool he'd have no problem with the other two. Pair this with his trademark being renewed recently and the news about the DS game's site and it looks like Nintendo might be pulling another series revival through Isaac in Smash.

- Geno: He's the Square rep 100%. It'd be the ultimate (heh) way of showing that this Smash was for the fans, making one of the most impossible/unlikely fan requests happen. I have a feeling Square was willing to play ball if Sakurai left open the possibility of a Square DLC character down the line (Sora fans this is where you get hyped.)

ECHOES:
- Ken: Dude was leaked. Do I really need to say anything else?

- Shadow: Missing AT, Knuckles was added as an AT, super simple echo to do, and would hype people up considerably. I think he'll be in base.

That's it in my opinion, leaving us with 4 newcomers and 2 echoes left for a total of 6 characters remaining.

Honorable Mentions:

- RH Rep (Karate Joe, Chorus Kids): I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai just decided on not having a Rhythm Heaven rep in Smash 4 instead of the reasoning that he couldn't make a moveset. HOWEVER, with the large amount of online presence RH has been receiving as of late I could see a character getting in as DLC. Whether it's Joe or the Kids idk, but I'd rather have the Kids.

- Banjo & Kazooie: I was REALLY confident on these two for a while, but I'm starting to suspect it'll be DLC for them. Feel like we would've heard SOMETHING from leakers, simply due to the fact that there would be two different offices for leaks to come from.
You might love this but that’s my prediction to a T if 6 is all that’s left

Oh and I just realized something today the skull kid assist trophy can reverse direction of fighters and isn’t it a coincidence that the rambling evil mushroom does the same thing?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

People really do forget Geno is a nobody to anyone outside the Smash community, huh? He's probably the last thing anyone thinks about when the subject is Mario. I mean, Sakurai has gone on record to say he's popular and wants him in but that doesn't change the fact he's unknown to the general public.

It's kind of wild to think Geno has a legit chance though as he was seen as the biggest pipedream of Smash 4 by pretty much everyone.
I still have yet to understand what's his appeal though...

Noipoi

Howdy!
Why do people have to condition themselves to like Inkling? If you don't like them then fine, but why force yourself? And why act like the vast majority had to force themselves to like the Inklings?

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
No I recall big fan request for isabelle

And ritcher fan based comes from the world famous line “Die monster you don’t belong in this world” plus if you do research ritcher is preferred in Japan more than usa
Uh no.

We had K. Rool and Ridley, yes.

We have Isabelle and Inkling, being characters that were highly expected and we conditioned ourselves to like them as support for them during the ballot was minimal. Granted they still have their fanbases but they were hardly heavy requests.

We have Simon, Daisy, Chrom and Dark Samus, who had a decent following but were nowhere near heavy requests. (plz don't hate me Opo)

And then there's Richter who most people on this site didn't even know.
This. Inkling and Isabelle were characters heavily expected to be in the game, so people made themselves like them. I barely heard about Isabelle before Verge leaked her, but afterwards people began to make themselves like her.
Why do people have to condition themselves to like Inkling? If you don't like them then fine, but why force yourself? And why act like the vast majority had to force themselves to like the Inklings?
I'm not saying it for everyone, but a wide majority of the fanbase. Studies have proven that you're happier with something if you don't have a choice in it.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
People really do forget Geno is a nobody to anyone outside the Smash community, huh? He's probably the last thing anyone thinks about when the subject is Mario. I mean, Sakurai has gone on record to say he's popular and wants him in but that doesn't change the fact he's unknown to the general public.

It's kind of wild to think Geno has a legit chance though as he was seen as the biggest pipedream of Smash 4 by pretty much everyone.
And that will change if he’s playable in Super Smash Bros Ultimate

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

I don't think anyone's arguing that he's not known to the general public.
It's just that this game is very much being marketed as for the fans. K. Rool and Ridley cemented that imo alongside the veterans return. Geno is imo the biggest character IN THE SMASH FANDOM not yet playable.

I feel his prominence in the Smash fandom for this "celebration of Smash" outweighs his obscurity to the general public.

D

Deleted member

Not gonna lie, I didn't give her much thought until after Verge. I considered her a fun Echo idea, but I never thought about it for too long. However, once Verge got her popular in speculation, I started thinking more and more about how fun it'd be to have a new AC rep and how she was probably the best fit next to Tom Nook and K.K. Slider. I also realized how much I liked her cute design and personality, and eventually, I ended up speculating about the idea so much that she ended up being in my top 3 with Skull Kid and Octolings. I'm honestly super happy she's here, and I definitely plan on maining her along with the Inklings.

Plus, I get to destroy Ridley with a puppy now. Only Nintendo games can make these dreams reality.

I wonder if modes are gonna get leaked again. It'd kinda suck if the way we heard about Spirits was through Amazon product listings, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xgears

Smash Apprentice
You know Skull kid could end up as a boss right? Don't get your hopes up too soon.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Let's be real Isabelle is the only newcomer asides from MAYBE Daisy. The general Nintendo public is gonna recognize.

I think Splatoon is popular, but I can't say that it's something the mass general Nintendo audience plays as much as they'd play things Isabelle and Daisy star in.

Pretty much everyone else is a die hard fan inclusion thus far.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Not gonna lie, I didn't give her much thought until after Verge. I considered her a fun Echo idea, but I never thought about it for too long. However, once Verge got her popular in speculation, I started thinking more and more about how fun it'd be to have a new AC rep and how she was probably the best fit next to Tom Nook and K.K. Slider. I also realized how much I liked her cute design and personality, and eventually, I ended up speculating about the idea so much that she ended up being in my top 3 with Skull Kid and Octolings. I'm honestly super happy she's here, and I definitely plan on maining her along with the Inklings.

Plus, I get to destroy Ridley with a puppy now. Only Nintendo games can make these dreams reality.

I wonder if modes are gonna get leaked again this time. It'd kinda suck if the way we heard about Spirits was through Amazon product listings, lol.
I don't even care that much about character leaks, I just really hope spirits mode isn't leaked.
Especially if it's like subspace, which is unlikely but you never know.

D

Deleted member

This. Inkling and Isabelle were characters heavily expected to be in the game, so people made themselves like them. I barely heard about Isabelle before Verge leaked her, but afterwards people began to make themselves like her.

I'm not saying it for everyone, but a wide majority of the fanbase. Studies have proven that you're happier with something if you don't have a choice in it.
Speak for yourself but I've always wanted Splatoon content even if I'm not a big fan and Isabelle has been on my want list ever since New Leaf.
I still don't like Palutena but that's because her moveset sucks ass
And that will change if he’s playable in Super Smash Bros Ultimate
I mean, I can say the same about literally everyone. People would actually play Etrian Odyssey if it had a character. What's your point?
I don't think anyone's arguing that he's not known to the general public.
It's just that this game is very much being marketed as for the fans. K. Rool and Ridley cemented that imo alongside the veterans return. Geno is imo the biggest character IN THE SMASH FANDOM not yet playable.

I feel his prominence in the Smash fandom for this "celebration of Smash" outweighs his obscurity to the general public.
As I said, I know very well that it doesn't matter. I just find it incredibly funny this one doll from a Mario rpg who's owned by Square and was seen as a bigger pipedream than post-shadow Ridley is now seriously seen in leaks and predictions.

But his fans do have a tendence to ignore the fact he's literally a nobody.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Speak for yourself but I've always wanted Splatoon content even if I'm not a big fan and Isabelle has been on my want list ever since New Leaf.
I still don't like Palutena but that's because her moveset sucks ***

I mean, I can say the same about literally everyone. People would actually play Etrian Odyssey if it had a character. What's your point?

As I said, I know very well that it doesn't matter. I just find it incredibly funny this one doll from a Mario rpg who's owned by Square and was seen as a bigger pipedream than post-shadow Ridley is now seriously seen in leaks and predictions.

But his fans do have a tendence to ignore the fact he's literally a nobody.
Oh yeah it's definitely astounding.

Geno should logically not come until Paper Mario, Waluigi, Toad, Petey Piranha, King Boo, have all been put in, at least.
...but the fans grew VERY attached to this dweeby puppet. And I'm one of them I suppose!

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
something the mass general Nintendo audience plays as much as they'd play things Isabelle and Daisy star in
I genuinely agree with everything in your post beside this.

Splatoon is a massive system seller, so is Splatoon 2. It's already in the "big game" of Nintendo IP for Nintendo themselves.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Let's be real Isabelle is the only newcomer asides from MAYBE Daisy. The general Nintendo public is gonna recognize.

I think Splatoon is popular, but I can't say that it's something the mass general Nintendo audience plays as much as they'd play things Isabelle and Daisy star in.

Pretty much everyone else is a die hard fan inclusion thus far.
I feel like you're down-playing Splatoon a bit.
Yes Daisy and possibly Isabelle are more well known, but Splatoon isn't exactly as niche as it would seem.

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
No?

Maybe they'll hold a Pokemon Direct, but Nintendo Directs are more or less quarterly nowadays, meaning we shouldn't get another one realistically until December/January.
Oh, I could've sworn I heard something about there usually being a November Nintendo Direct, so I assumed we got one this year.
My bad then, I guess I had incorrect information.

At the same time, do you guys really think there will even be a Pokémon direct with a reveal?
Has there ever been a franchise specific direct that correlated with a Smash announcement?

D

Deleted member

Oh yeah it's definitely astounding.

Geno should logically not come until Paper Mario, Waluigi, Toad, Petey Piranha, King Boo, have all been put in, at least.
...but the fans grew VERY attached to this dweeby puppet. And I'm one of them I suppose!
the entire MK8 roster should get in before any other Mario characters and yes that includes the babies and Pink Golden Peach. Especially her.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
No I recall big fan request for isabelle
Maybe on this site, but everywhere else I looked people were either not really excited or upset. Not that she’s a bad pick and Sakurai can’t do whatever he wants.

And ritcher fan based comes from the world famous line “Die monster you don’t belong in this world” plus if you do research ritcher is preferred in Japan more than usa
A lot of characters have meme lines. That doesn’t mean people are clamoring for them for Smash (again, I like Richter, I’m just saying he wasn’t really popular).
And where can I do this “research” about what people want in Japan, because “popular in Japan” just seems to be some buzz term literally anyone can throw around with their claims.

D

Deleted member

I've wanted 'em since the Smash Wii U ballot started (I even voted for them). Even if I knew they were gonna be in, it didn't stop them from being the hypest addition for me. The only other character I got as excited for currently was Isabelle.

Everyone else is a die hard fan inclusion thus far.
I'd argue Inklings are pretty well recognized outside of the harcore Smash fandom and Nintendo fandom nowadays, but I'll admit I'm biased when saying that, lol.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I genuinely agree with everything in your post beside this.

Splatoon is a massive system seller, so is Splatoon 2. It's already in the "big game" of Nintendo IP for Nintendo themselves.
But is it something the General Public is playing?

Is it too fresh (pun intended) to be something that General Public would be able to go ''Splatoon" when seeing the Inkling? Maybe in Japan, since Nintendo still reigns supreme over there.

But Splatoon's success at least in my experience has been confined to really die hard Nintendo fans and nothing much else.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I’m saying geno would become known by general public if he’s playable

And also I want to point out besides the smash fan base geno would be considered the :ultgnw::ultrob::ultduckhunt: of smash bros ultimate

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I love the Splatoon games (excluding the awful online support it now has). That's my disclaimer.

You don't have to condition yourself to liking a character, and if you like Inklings then that's great because they're awesome. My comment on conditioning was more directed to the non-Inkling fans.

Notice that no one complained about Inkling's reveal or overall presence in the game? I believe that's because we were all conditioned to think that they were in the game as an inevitability, so even the non-Splatooners were cool with their inclusion. When you know something is coming, you're usually more accepting of it.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
>> Sakurai says not to expect too many new fighters.
>> 3 new fighters and 4 echoes revealed.
>> Sakurai says there are just a few more fighters.
>> 2 more new fighters revealed.
>> There's one Direct left.
>> Most Directs reveal 1 new character, never once more than 2.
>> Sakurai writes a column insisting not to expect much more.

Anyway, here are my predictions for 6 more characters:

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
But is it something the General Public is playing?

Is it too fresh (pun intended) to be something that General Public would be able to go ''Splatoon" when seeing the Inkling? Maybe in Japan, since Nintendo still reigns supreme over there.

But Splatoon's success at least in my experience has been confined to really die hard Nintendo fans and nothing much else.
I'm NGL I really can't conceive Isabelle, a side character in one game in the Animal Crossing franchise, as being more important than a new Nintendo IP's main character.

I ASSURE you the general public looking at Smash Bros WILL know who the Inkling's are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom