• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Untouch

Smash Master
Also that tweet on the 22nd of September is very obviously a reaction to what Hitagi was saying.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Some interesting things have been shared in the mimique discord regarding ZachTheNCube, apparently he "guessed" these things before:

View attachment 166844
View attachment 166845
View attachment 166846
View attachment 166847

Just recently, Zach posted these tweets:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

I am keeping a close eye on him.
"NGameTheCube"

This guy sounds familiar; I think I watched some videos of his going over Pokemon Gen 8 leaks or something, which stated/implied that Pokemon 2019 would have a post-apocalyptic setting involving a flood, and one of the legendaries being a serpent...

...at least, I think it was him who uploaded those videos...but he was just going over "leaks."

Last edited:

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511

I honestly can't even be mad at this. If this ends up being "all we get," then we've still got a game where Ridley, K. Rool, Snake, Inkling, Cloud Strife, and friggen Steve are all playable.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Some interesting things have been shared in the mimique discord regarding ZachTheNCube, apparently he "guessed" these things before:

View attachment 166844
View attachment 166845
View attachment 166846
View attachment 166847

Not gonna lie this does look legit, and it DOES disprove cardboard box theory, But alot of people are tweeting about smash constantly since the announcement. 1000 monkeys with 1000 typewriters will eventually produce the works of Shakespere

Dcas

Smash Journeyman

View attachment 166844
View attachment 166845
View attachment 166846
View attachment 166847

At this point we should really really expect some of those, too many leakers are pointinf to the same direction.

At least now im mentally prepared when they announce the abomination Steve is for smash, if i didnt know beforehand, id be in absolute shock.

Potato_

Smash Lord

View attachment 166844
View attachment 166845
View attachment 166846
View attachment 166847

I'm iffy on this.

Sure he did call that stuff, but I think the Ridley one is the only one that really holds my interest with him. Icies were already hugely speculated, and I did see some predicting a new Animal Crossing game being tied with an Isabelle for Smash announcement.
He made the Steve comment around the time that Hitaga guy started getting fame, so there's not much there either, in fact I'd argue it makes his claim about Steve being in look a lot more like a prediction than a "leak" or anything.

His predictions are pretty safe, and it's what we all pretty much what is expected anyways. The Geno thing is what makes or breaks his claims, will be interesting to see if it's true.

Overall I think it's just a guy with good predictions, ironically enough being speculated on in a discord that Mimique is in.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Is this Zach someone I should know?
I heard about him, I believe he is a popular Nintendo YouTuber.

With the way he casually presents these rumors, I am kinda suspicious about his information TBH.

IDK, something about him rubs me the wrong way, like he presents these in a 'loz' kind of way I guess.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

View attachment 166844
View attachment 166845
View attachment 166846
View attachment 166847

If this comes to be, Then I would be very happy. I want all 4 of those guys...
It'd be funny because it'd mean that I prefer the last half of reveals compared to the first... (which would definitely be controversial)
The only thing that would be missing foe me is an RH rep...

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Wasn't he the guy who was also playing like "Ehehehe I'm so smart and the Info we have is Soo great!" When RelaxAlax played and fooled everyone by saying he had info on twitters?

Shroob

Sup?
So, Death's Scythe tonight, looks like they may be FINALLY emptying their backlog of 8.8....

Also, looks like we may be only getting 2 veterans this week.

"B-but the blog theory said 3 a week!"

First Sakurai says they're slowing reveals down, and now only 2(presumably) vets this week...

Bad day for the blog theory.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

View attachment 166844
View attachment 166845
View attachment 166846
View attachment 166847

Even though Ridley was the only not so safe bet

That could very be what happens

But I’m not totally convinced on Steve just yet I mean geno just has a lot going for him for the base zone

But I wouldn’t mind anyway since :ultridley: and :ultkrool: are playable

Last edited:

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
At this point we should really really expect some of those, too many leakers are pointinf to the same direction.

At least now im mentally prepared when they announce the abomination Steve is for smash, if i didnt know beforehand, id be in absolute shock.
Steve is the only character I'm okay with being spoiled on, because if he was the "big surprise" character, I honestly think I'd throw my ****ing computer out of my window in rage.
Evidence of him getting in before he gets revealed has mentally prepared me for it, but I'm still dreading it.
Also the replies on that tweet predicting Geno as DLC only confirm my worst fears: People really are gonna be angry if Geno is DLC, free with the online or not.

Last edited:

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Geno better get a newcomer trailer for his ''Free" DLC is all I'm saying.

Those fans didn't wait so long to get their character back to only have a cool consolation prize and nothing more.

They deserve a full trailer like Ridley and K. Rool.
100%, I swear. I wanna see a full CGI animated Geno soooo baddd.

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
Steve is the only character I'm okay with being spoiled on, because if he was the "big surprise" character, I honestly think I'd throw my ****ing computer out of my window in rage.
Evidence of him getting in before he gets revealed has mentally prepared me for it, but I'm still dreading it.
Honest question

what is so bad about Steve?

I really want to know.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
>Guess Ridley,Ice Climbers and Isabelle who let's be honest, only Ridley could be hard but ResetEra was already spilling the beans about him
>Can't guess Simon the leaked Belmont
>Ken/Incineroar are here for God knows how long thanks to Verge
>Call Minecraft around the time that Reddit guy call it
>Geno when Vergeben who probably have the best source of all leakers we knows explained the ****ing security measures taken for the Square-Rep

Yare yare daze.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797

Those fans didn't wait so long to get their character back to only have a cool consolation prize and nothing more.

Exactly right.

That kid probably just wants attention to be honest.

As a Geno fan, well...they can throw out a crappy MS Paint drawing and say "U GET HIM IF U GET SWITCH ONLINE" and I'd still go absolutely insane...at least he's in baby!
Although a trailer for the one sent from a higher authority would be nice, at this point I wouldn’t care if it was a piece of paper with Geno’s name on it that says he’s in Smash.

I_DON'T_KNOW_YOU!

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So, Death's Scythe tonight, looks like they may be FINALLY emptying their backlog of 8.8....

Also, looks like we may be only getting 2 veterans this week.

"B-but the blog theory said 3 a week!"

First Sakurai says they're slowing reveals down, and now only 2(presumably) vets this week...

Bad day for the blog theory.
Pretty sure at this point, almost every theory is dead...

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
Honest question

what is so bad about Steve?

I really want to know.
See, here's the thing: Steve getting in Smash is absolutely, 100% horrendous publicity for the game. Minecraft is the subject of regular mockery by the internet every day, and is considered a bastion of "cringe."
My personal opinion on Minecraft is that it's not great. But the thing is, I don't want Steve in just because I don't like him. I don't want Steve in because I'm afraid what's going to happen if he gets in.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Why do Geno fans "deserve" more than any other Smash 4 DLC character though?
I’m saying geno would become known by general public if he’s playable

And also I want to point out besides the smash fan base geno would be considered the :ultgnw::ultrob::ultduckhunt: of smash bros ultimate
So??? That's literally what I said. Every character who gets in Smash has their recognition skyrocketed, this shouldn't be an argument for the inclusion of a character.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
See, here's the thing: Steve getting in Smash is absolutely, 100% horrendous publicity for the game. Minecraft is the subject of regular mockery by the internet every day, and is considered a bastion of "cringe."
My personal opinion on Minecraft is that it's not great. But the thing is, I don't want Steve in just because I don't like him. I don't want Steve in because I'm afraid what's going to happen if he gets in.
Minecraft also sold 144 million copies so it's interesting how that matters less then what your small cluster of less than 1% of the Internet sees Minecraft as.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Incineroar, Steve, and the SE rep being the last unique newcomers alongside Ken and Shadow as the last Echoes makes total sense to me regardless.
Exactly, it makes sense to a lot of people, which is why I think this dude is just speculating and nothing else. I have no doubt there's going to be another Daisy or Richter type character that no one thought of.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I thought that was a minority, with most of it being bandwagon-haters/trolls (when I see people like that, they don't give any real reasons why they're against it).

To my knowledge, a lot of people still like Minecraft or are indifferent. I really don't understand why it's considered "cringe," anyway. I haven't met any bad fanbase-members save for some people in pvp servers who take their stats too seriously.

Last edited:

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
What will happen if Steve gets in Smash:

* Imageboards whine about those stupid kids enjoying things
* Reddit makes cringey jokes
* This board will complain for a month
* Steve becomes a playable character
* The world at large stops caring after like a week

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Relax, it can't be that bad. Besides, Steve is a gaming icon, he's easily the most deserving western third party character
Yes, even over Banjo Kazooie. Come back to me when BK sells 245 Million copies...

Last edited:

Potato_

Smash Lord
Immature people get mad, fans get happy, and the rest of us go on with our lives?

I think you're worrying about it too much dude.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
Hows he an idiot, didn't see the video yet cant yet can you elaborate on how?
He believes most leaks that originated from 4chan which are fake. He needs to get some common sense to realize that he was reading some fake leak,

View attachment 166844
View attachment 166845
View attachment 166846
View attachment 166847

Interesting... Another person who says that Steve is in, AND he predicted the isabelle well also new Animal Crossing game.

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Ken/Tiger/Edgy/Steve as the base game with Geno DLC is honestly not too far out there.

I feel like Geno makes the most sense as DLC instead of base game because he's a lot more niche than the other candidates

SonicMario

Smash Master

View attachment 166844
View attachment 166845
View attachment 166846
View attachment 166847

If these are the final four I'd be content.

Already have been expecting Ken and Incineroar for a while due to Verge so they'd both be neat.

Shadow's cool, assuming he's still just an echo, I'll be rallying for Tails come DLC time to join him later

And Steve is weird but I could take it. I don't vehemently hate Minecraft and he may even be fun to mess around with if he's able to leave bricks on the ground. I'd love to see 8-Player Steves building stuff. Plus even if you don't necessarily like Steve, think of it as the deal with the devil in order to bring in Banjo in eventually (If you support Banjo that is, if you don't and still don't like Steve. Then I've got nothing for ya)

And Geno being a Nintendo Switch online bonus would be cool but I'm not sure Nintendo Online will be quite used to that extent yet. But I'd be alright with it.

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
What? Steve would be great publicity for Smash! Minecraft would appeal heavily to the casuals as Minecraft is one of the most succesful games ever and wildly recognizable.People only started hating on it cause kids started liking it, and hating whatever kids liked is the “cool adult thing,” which is the real cringe here. Not to mention Minecraft’s large popularity in both the East and West.

I think all this stuff you’re spouting about it being cringe is your subjective opinion on it. My subjective opinion is that Steve would make an extremely unique addition to the cast that would bring in sales for the Switch. This is just more doomsdaying you’re spouting.

Last edited:

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
Immature people get mad, fans get happy, and the rest of us go on with our lives?

I think you're worrying about it too much dude.
Well, to be fair, I guess a surprising number of people weren't mad when Mario and Rabbids got revealed. Perhaps this'll be the same.
I've just been around too long to not worry about the fan reaction.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Well, to be fair, I guess a surprising number of people weren't mad when Mario and Rabbids got revealed. Perhaps this'll be the same.
I've just been around too long to not worry about the fan reaction.
I've been around since before 2012.

Believe me you're blowing it WAY, WAY out of proportion.
If anything this is going to boost sales a good bit as people want to play as Steve on an MC stage and summon a Creeper, believe it or not.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

View attachment 166844
View attachment 166845
View attachment 166846
View attachment 166847

Most of these are predictions that have yet to come true, the ones that have were predicted by others--like Mimique. Except Mimique is said to have predicted very specific things, including stage morphing, as well as King K Rool the day before he was announced, which not even Verge knew. That being said, for the September Direct he thought it would be Isaac, instead it was Isabelle, who he thought was an echo. So, if Mimique's powers of prediction failed despite his track record, I don't see any reason to believe this guy, who's saying what everybody else is saying anyways. Unless i'm missing something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom