• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
He believes most leaks that originated from 4chan which are fake. He needs to get some common sense to realize that he was reading some fake leak,
Pretty sure he knows those leaks are fake... he just reports on them for clickbait...

Last edited:

Vasculio

Smash Cadet
Here is my list of 8 characters who i think could be in... and who i hope makes it in... wether or not the chances are slim. Based on the leaks so far.... I too am following Vergie on this road. So my hopes arn't too high. If none of my peeps make it.

1. Ken
2. Incineroar
3. Geno "Hopes this is THE Square-Enix Rep in Vergies Leak"
4. Isaac "Like Geno, Isaac is pretty popular and im curious to see how he would play out"
5. Shadow the Hedgehog "No Assist Trophy yet?!, Still has a shot"
6. Black Knight "Potential Ike Echo"
7. Black Shadow "Seeing alot of leaks with him makes me hopefully, I've been advocating for him since the brawl days.
8. Medusa "I believe she would make a great echo for Palutena"

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
Well, to be fair, I guess a surprising number of people weren't mad when Mario and Rabbids got revealed. Perhaps this'll be the same.
I've just been around too long to not worry about the fan reaction.
It's easy to feel like the internet is bigger than it really is. Fanbases are a small fraction of the general population, and the vocal fans are a fraction of that fraction. Unless it's some grievous offence like the EA lockbox scenario, it'll be a puff of smoke at the absolute worst.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
It's easy to feel like the internet is bigger than it really is. Fanbases are a small fraction of the general population, and the vocal fans are a fraction of that fraction. Unless it's some grievous offence like the EA lockbox scenario, it'll be a puff of smoke at the absolute worst.
To be fair, I think the fan reaction to Geno being locked behind the Switch Online service would probably be worse. Possibly alleviated if he doesn't cost anything, but considering the (rightful) reception of the online service, I think it'd be seen as a cashgrab.
Though then again, Geno's probably the trump card they have to get people to purchase the online service, and maybe it'll work.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Some interesting things have been shared in the mimique discord regarding ZachTheNCube, apparently he "guessed" these things before:

View attachment 166844
View attachment 166845
View attachment 166846
View attachment 166847

Just recently, Zach posted these tweets:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

I am keeping a close eye on him.
I'm gonna bet it's like mimique or Jon from GameXplain; someone who just so happens to have some stupidly accurate guesses.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I'm starting to think the "leaked" characters we currently have (Ken, Shadow, Incineroar, Steve, and Geno) are legit, but there are 1 or 2 more that haven't been leaked.

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
To be fair, I think the fan reaction to Geno being locked behind the Switch Online service would probably be worse. Possibly alleviated if he doesn't cost anything, but considering the (rightful) reception of the online service, I think it'd be seen as a cashgrab.
Though then again, Geno's probably the trump card they have to get people to purchase the online service, and maybe it'll work.
I could definitely see that being a big blemish. That's something to genuinely be worried about.

Shroob

Sup?
I've been saying it as soon as we saw how the online service works.

The first DLC character ala this game's Mewtwo WILL be "Free to anyone who has a Nintendo Online Sub"

It's perfect marketing, because they KNOW the Smash fanbase will buy it to play the game, so they'll try to make it seem better than it actually is by throwing on a free DLC character on top.

AzureFlame4

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4811-6946-8468
My prediction at this point?

Newcomer: Steve and Elma
Echoes: Ken and Shadow

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
What I'd like (just my wishes which may be unpopular, no need to hate, you know what character is coming...):

Newcomers:
Waluigi, Isaac, Skull Kid

Echo:
Ken, Shadow, Ms. Pacman

DLC (somewhere down the road)
Sora, Banjo-Kazooie, Lloyd
---
What I expect:

Newcomers:
Incineroar, Steve, Geno (if not base he'll be like Mewtwo, revealed and ready soon for free)

Echo:
Ken, Shadow

DLC:
More characters I dont want.

After Isabelle destroying my hype, trying to keep expectations low, admittedly they were way too high before that kick to the nads.

No offense to her fans, I actually kinda like her now, sure I wish she was one of my picks instead but business-wise she was a good move and she's gonna get new people over to smash, cool cool.

So hard to ignore all the leaks, no matter how dumb.

Last edited:

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
If we get Steve....it will probably be my most disliked character in all of Smash. I am fine if it's simply a stage or him as an Assist Trophy. But as a character when there are better choices to pick from? And people thought Isabelle was of mixed opinions.

I do not support Steve and I hope it's not true. It's my opinion.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
I got a feeling that there's something that's being kept secret even from leakers at this point. Duck hunt dog came entirely out of left field, so its not impossible.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
If we get Steve....it will probably be my most disliked character in all of Smash. I am fine if it's simply a stage or him as an Assist Trophy. But as a character when there are better choices to pick from? And people thought Isabelle was of mixed opinions.

I do not support Steve and I hope it's not true. It's my opinion.
Steve would be hella dumb. Just cause Minecraft is popular doesn’t mean they should have playable representation.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I got a feeling that there's something that's being kept secret even from leakers at this point. Duck hunt dog came entirely out of left field, so its not impossible.
Well, the Square-Enix Rep for once... We don't know it's identity, it's probably Geno, but people are in for a big wake-up call and Disappointment if it's not him

And probably whoever is first DLC like Mewtwo

Jchrono95

Smash Apprentice
In all honesty I don't get why people outright hate that a game character is getting included in smash, I could see wanting others over one sure but hating that on it's own just doesn't make sense to me

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Anyway i got my two biggest wants already, Simon Belmont and Ridley were my Ballot votes... Yeah i used a VPN to vote twice shut up.

That said I got strong hopes if not base game then as DLC for Shantae, Ryu Hayabusa, Shadow as a unique, and Sephiroth as unique... actually i don't really WANT many echoes do it..

Shroob

Sup?
Honestly, if this is the start of them playing catch up with the 8.8 Direct, and them finally slowing down on Veteran posts way before we expected to...

Like, it's almost humorous.

Video goes up about blog theory
Reddit downvotes anyone into oblivion that doesn't agree with blog theory

Sakurai, "You think your blog and music theories are soo smart? Watch THIS!"

*Two veterans, not three*

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
I'm really 50/50 on trying to decide if Steve is really here. I don't care much for Minecraft, but I can admit it's absolutely massive, and it does get Microsoft's foot in the door for Banjo-Kazooie later down the line. Geno as 'free' DLC makes sense. Ken, Shadow, Incineroar, and Steve honestly make a great deal of sense for our final characters. I personally am now at the point of discounting any 'leak' that doesn't include Ken, Shadow, and Incineroar, and at least one of either Steve or Geno.

Inevitable 'Minecraft's fanbase is cringe' salt aside, I don't see how anybody could be overall disappointed with this roster. We're set up to have the all-time, unbeatable, biggest gaming crossover for all of eternity.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Not to say anything about a pissing contest but..

As an AC fan who pushed hard for Isabelle. She was my MAIN want for Smash Ultimate.

I can confirm? Everyone seemed to consider her an unlikelihood or ''Only worthy of echo status." Despite just how popular she was and how likely she seemed to her fans who spoke out about her? People slept on her as if she wasn't as likely as the Inklings were and she always was.

She always was one of two characters that were a ''for sure" thing for the next Smash installment, because those are the two Nintendo faces that had blown up the most since Wii U/3DS finished production.

Yet we Isabelle fans had to hear a lot of ''I don't know. I just don't find her likely, because she's not a fighter.~~" "She's too cute~~" and ''With your luck you'll get echo status and that's that."

Which all amounted to a whole lot of B.S. in the end. Everyone tried to make these rules about Isabelle that were never once placed on Inkling and it was quite frankly infuriating to watch and those of us who were right about her? We deserve to gloat just a little.
I thought Isabelle was very likely from the beginning and was honestly very surprised when people didn't initial see her likely. I know it was frustrating to see how much people underestimated Isabelle in this speculation cycle, but I believe its best not to gloat even when you're right.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
In all honesty I don't get why people outright hate that a game character is getting included in smash, I could see wanting others over one sure but hating that on it's own just doesn't make sense to me
You see stuff like this all the time on Twitter too, so it doesn’t really surprise me that people are like this.

D

Deleted member

Gamexplain will make entire videos on anything.

Small detail in a trailer that means nothing? 10 minute analysis.
Possibility of a Nintendo Direct? 3 minute news video and 30 minute discussion.
2 minute teaser trailer? 2 hour analysis.
Bizarrely enough, they haven't bothered talking about Vergeben (even thought they talked about Gematsu Leaks back in the day) which is weird.

cothero

Smash Lord
Some interesting things have been shared in the mimique discord regarding ZachTheNCube, apparently he "guessed" these things before:

View attachment 166844
View attachment 166845
View attachment 166846
View attachment 166847

Just recently, Zach posted these tweets:

I am keeping a close eye on him.
THIS. No Bandana Dee, no Banjo Kazooie, no Skull Kid. Those predictions are the most reasonable and coherent i've ever seen. I'd be very happy with this.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162

Sounds like he's just speculating
Urgh...I-i want Geno in too but when I see people talking like that... It LITERALLY remind me of Wolf "Shoe in" DLC talk and K.Rool "Totally being the ballot winner" during Smash4.

I don't think I'm ready for People's reaction if he don't get in

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Oh, and the first six DLCs will be Spring Man, Doomguy, Rex/Pyra, Banjo, an SMT rep (probably a Persona protag) and a Dragalia Lost character

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Hating Minecraft Steve being in Smash is as ridiculous as thinking Minecraft Steve is going to be in Smash.

Mother-lover wasn't even on a Nintendo console until after Smash Ulti started development.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Honestly, if this is the start of them playing catch up with the 8.8 Direct, and them finally slowing down on Veteran posts way before we expected to...

Like, it's almost humorous.

Video goes up about blog theory
Reddit downvotes anyone into oblivion that doesn't agree with blog theory

Sakurai, "You think your blog and music theories are soo smart? Watch THIS!"

*Two veterans, not three*
Sun Tzu says the Art of War is based on deception. Hence, when able to attack we must appear unable. When using our forces we must seem inactive. When we are near we must make the enemy think we are far away, and when we are far away, we must let him believe we are near.

Sakurai's a pretty smart bloke im sure his entire marketing for this game is like a war within itself

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Urgh...I-i want Geno in too but when I see people talking like that... It LITERALLY remind me of Wolf "Shoe in" DLC talk and K.Rool "Totally being the ballot winner" during Smash4.

I don't think I'm ready for People's reaction if he don't get in
If my boy doesn't get in, after ALL THESE YEARS of supporting him, after getting the likes of K. Rool and Ridley, after ALL the praise Sakurai gave the character, after getting CLOUD, I swear I'm gonna...

I'M GOING TO...

Probably be pretty sad but understand that sometimes the circumstances don't work out and will happily accept the already phenomenal roster we already have.

YEAH I ****ING WENT THERE.

Last edited:

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
Oh, and the first six DLCs will be Spring Man, Doomguy, Rex/Pyra, Banjo, an SMT rep (probably a Persona protag) and a Dragalia Lost character
Saying that those are the first six DLCs is incredibly optimistic.
I get where people come from saying that they're gonna milk Ultimate for all it's worth, but that assumes Nintendo even knows people want ****tons of DLC. Which they probably do, but also might not.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Hating Minecraft Steve being in Smash is as ridiculous as thinking Minecraft Steve is going to be in Smash.

Mother-lover wasn't even on a Nintendo console until after Smash Ulti started development.
Game started development late 2015/early 2016 right? That's early enough to include Steve. Hell, the game could have been due out earlier, but got delayed to add Steve

Shroob

Sup?

Do you really think that the business behind the scenes wasn't in motion beforehand?

Minecraft didn't just up and appear on the WiiU one day.

D

Deleted member

I'm all for Steve, as IMO he has excellent moveset potential and a unique design compared to the other fighters. I'd probably place him in my top 3 for most wanted 3rd party characters at this point: Minecraft is a super fun game and is iconic as all get go, having proper representation in Smash would be great. :)

Especially if we get that soundtrack. A Smash remix of Sweden would be amazing!

D

Deleted member

We just gonna ignore Minecraft Wii U, huh?
Sun Tzu says the Art of War is based on deception. Hence, when able to attack we must appear unable. When using our forces we must seem inactive. When we are near we must make the enemy think we are far away, and when we are far away, we must let him believe we are near.

Sakurai's a pretty smart bloke im sure his entire marketing for this game is like a war within itself
If Smash Ultimate marketing is just like war then a FE character is confirmed, right?

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
That totally sounds plausible due to the fact that Ultimate’s roster wasn’t pretty much decided around 2015 when it was being developed and that those are characters from games after 2015, so it could be likely to have those characters as DLC.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
If Steve is playable in Smash, that might explain why Isabelle does not have a Public Work Projects play-style.

Steve might have a play-style involving crafting stuff for stage control, thus Sakurai could not find more ways to make Isabelle unique and distinct from the newcomer line-up beyond using the un-used staple items of Animal Crossing like the Fishing Rod, party poppers, etc.

That is assuming Steve was thought about and agreed upon first before Sakurai decided on Isabelle.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

To be fair, 2015 was when the project plan was submitted, actual development didn't start until around spring 2016 from what I remember reading.

By that notion, Incineroar shouldn't be getting in either due to timing.

Last edited by a moderator:

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
Man, these leaks about Steve made me go from “lul he’s a meme choice” to “maybe he wouldn’t be so bad...” to “he actually has a chance maybe! I want him in.”

Brb gonna add Steve to my sig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom